Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012

Go down 
+14
kaarolcia
chiyori
ElleluvsL
josling
europeanfan
zarinaballerina
Alokya
shikure
ballerinamao
polosatik
babayaga
qingshui
sadistyi
roma
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Empty
PostSubject: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 am

World Team Trophy 2012
Yokohama / JPN
19.04.2012 - 22.04.2012

Men
Ladies
Pairs
Ice Dance

Random Observations:
Is this like a combination of Seniors/Juniors now? Gracie Gold is competing for the USA...
And Mao isn't even a substitute?

Anybody going?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
sadistyi

sadistyi

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:20 am

Age 14 or older can compete in wtt(15?). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 am

Hope everyone have good showing especially Taka can have dream skates.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:40 pm

I am happy Taka is going. I love his long program this season, hope he will have a clean skate so that I will be able to re-watch it. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm very sad that Liza is not going Sad I wanted to see her so badly! I miss her skating a lot. I don't understand this decision. I wanted her to enjoy awesome Japanese audience again,cause she loves Japan so much...
Is it possible for Mao to invite Liza to her show? I want it to happen!!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:18 pm

I would like to see Mao and yuna skate in the same show, so it would be nice if Mao invitet her!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 am

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 am

roma wrote:
World Team Trophy 2012
Yokohama / JPN
19.04.2012 - 22.04.2012

Men
Ladies
Pairs
Ice Dance

Random Observations:
Is this like a combination of Seniors/Juniors now? Gracie Gold is competing for the USA...
And Mao isn't even a substitute?

Anybody going?

According to Twitter, USFS asked Alissa if she wanted to go to the WTT with Ashley, but Jason Dungjen wisely said no. They then probably decided that they wanted to give Gracie Gold some senior experience before next year. Personally, I would have sent Caroline Zhang. At this point, most of the other US women are rather hopeless. I hope Mirai kicks it up this next season.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 pm

polosatik wrote:
I'm very sad that Liza is not going Sad I wanted to see her so badly! I miss her skating a lot. I don't understand this decision. I wanted her to enjoy awesome Japanese audience again,cause she loves Japan so much...

There are rumors at other forums, that Mishin was against having his students compete at this competition. He wants to prepare Liza for the next season.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:46 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

There are rumors at other forums, that Mishin was against having his students compete at this competition. He wants to prepare Liza for the next season.
May be he was against. But Liza didn't know about it Suspect Adelina had Junior Worlds, Liza's season finished too early. I doubt this event could mess up her preparation to the next season. No
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:01 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

May be he was against. But Liza didn't know about it Suspect Adelina had Junior Worlds, Liza's season finished too early. I doubt this event could mess up her preparation to the next season. No

Yeah, I'd love to see Liza kick some butt at WTT. I don't know if Mishin rumor is true, but Gachinski isn't there either..., maybe the Russian fed wanted to send their favourite (Adelina) instead...
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 pm

some practice report from Japan skates and they will update from time to time
http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83

ETA: for ppl with bad luck as me, who can't watch via phone or in office
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/729 PBP in Japanese
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 2:56 am

OMG!! Takahashi was amazing!! Very Happy he got 94 points
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:49 am

YES!!! I couldn't see much because my feed was a disaster Depressed Crying , but I did see the score! Amazing, of course Patrick got 89 with a fall and still got higher PCS than Daisuke! Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Come on Dai kick some butt in the lp and show everyone who should have won in Nice!
Stupid judges... Escape
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 am

Wooooow, Dai Shocked
His SP is already uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALhIy9ZyscQ

I'm so happy for him because I saw the unfairness in Nice with my own eyes. And it's also a new World Record!!! Cheering Cheering
I didn't watched Patrick's SP yet but in the protocols (http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2012/wtt2012_Men_SP_M_Scores.pdf) you can see that he fell on the 3A. So why, WHY do the judges give him so many points?! Other skaters wouldn't even come near the 90 points with a fall on a required element. And he still has more PCS than Dai... It's just Very Mad
I really hope Dai will rock it tomorrow! And I will cheer for Taka too... Two falls again in his SP. Depressed Crying They can do it!! Yep!

Just watched the last ladies SPs with that ISU channel (it's working really well for me, it's amazing!) and I'm really happy for Akiko! Woot! But once again I don't understand the scoring! For me Caro wasn't two points better than Akiko, especially not in the PCS.
And when you compare these points to the scoring from the Olympics... it's, well, a bit ridiculous! In 2010 there was of course the spiral sequence a required element, so you can add about 5 points to the scores from today to compare 2010 and 2012.
Caro's score today: 69.48 36.34 33.14 (+ SpSq=5 points -> 74.48 41.34 33.14)
Mao's score at 2010 Olympics: 73.78 41.50 32.28

So Caro's SP with a 3T-3T and a 3Lo would have been over Mao's with 3A-2T and 3F?! Wtf?! Suspect
Of course every competition is different and the base values have changed over the years but I have the feeling that the judges (or ISU) want to come nearer towards the world records even without the Spirals...
All that is just hypothetical of course... Commentator Too sweet!

Last edited by josling on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:04 am

Thanks for the reports! Wow! Dai with 94 points? Gotta watch that!

Regarding Caro's score. Well, with Yuna not around she's now taken the title of queen of overscoring. Between Caro and Yuna I'd give the score more to Yuna. At least she was doing 3F-3Ts or 3Lz-3Ts compared to Caro's 3T-3Ts. PChan still retains his title of king of overscoring, though.

Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:41 am

It's very good for most of skaters in Team Japan. but it broke my heart seeing tape on taka's boots..gosh...he wore something broken in February and used everything to keep his blades stayed with his boots.

ETA: from pics, taka lose weight from worlds...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:49 am

josling wrote:
Wooooow, Dai Shocked
His SP is already uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALhIy9ZyscQ

I'm so happy for him because I saw the unfairness in Nice with my own eyes. And it's also a new World Record!!! Cheering Cheering
I didn't watched Patrick's SP yet but in the protocols (http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2012/wtt2012_Men_SP_M_Scores.pdf) you can see that he fell on the 3A. So why, WHY do the judges give him so many points?! Other skaters wouldn't even come near the 90 points with a fall on a required element. And he still has more PCS than Dai... It's just Very Mad
I really hope Dai will rock it tomorrow! And I will cheer for Taka too... Two falls again in his SP. Depressed Crying They can do it!! Yep!

Just watched the last ladies SPs with that ISU channel (it's working really well for me, it's amazing!) and I'm really happy for Akiko! Woot! But once again I don't understand the scoring! For me Caro wasn't two points better than Akiko, especially not in the PCS.
And when you compare these points to the scoring from the Olympics... it's, well, a bit ridiculous! In 2010 there was of course the spiral sequence a required element, so you can add about 5 points to the scores from today to compare 2010 and 2012.
Caro's score today: 69.48 36.34 33.14 (+ SpSq=5 points -> 74.48 41.34 33.14)
Mao's score at 2010 Olympics: 73.78 41.50 32.28

So Caro's SP with a 3T-3T and a 3Lo would have been over Mao's with 3A-3T and 3F?! Wtf?!
Suspect
Of course every competition is different and the base values have changed over the years but I have the feeling that the judges (or ISU) want to come nearer towards the world records even without the Spirals...
All that is just hypothetical of course... Commentator Too sweet!

Thank you so much for the link!!! Oh my, that was AMAZING! Dance And still, Chan receives higher score for interpretation. Evil or Very Mad WTF?! Am I seeing something else than the judges? I mean come on, Dai has more charisma and interpretation in 1 move, than patrick in his whole program! Very Mad

I agree with you on Caro's score, though Mao did 3A-2T at the olympics Wink , there is no way Caro's current tech content should beat Mao's olympic sp! And what's up with the PCS? I mean yes she's good but not that good (imo). Imagine if Caro beats 200 points with this tech content! Now that would be ridicolus.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:57 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Thank you so much for the link!!! Oh my, that was AMAZING! Dance And still, Chan receives higher score for interpretation. Evil or Very Mad WTF?! Am I seeing something else than the judges? I mean come on, Dai has more charisma and interpretation in 1 move, than patrick in his whole program! Very Mad

I agree with you on Caro's score, though Mao did 3A-2T at the olympics Wink , there is no way Caro's current tech content should beat Mao's olympic sp! And what's up with the PCS? I mean yes she's good but not that good (imo). Imagine if Caro beats 200 points with this tech content! Now that would be ridicolus.

Ooops, of course, it was just a typing error.. Razz

I checked the protocols once again. And what the hell is that Judge 6 thinking by giving Patrick a -2 on a fallen 3A?!!?!?!? Very Mad I can't find Patrick's SP on YT but I'm sure it was a "real" fall so that the judges have to give a -3. The same judge gave Dai a -1 on the 4T, btw... Disappointed
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 am

josling wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Ooops, of course, it was just a typing error.. Razz

I checked the protocols once again. And what the hell is that Judge 6 thinking by giving Patrick a -2 on a fallen 3A?!!?!?!? Very Mad I can't find Patrick's SP on YT but I'm sure it was a "real" fall so that the judges have to give a -3. The same judge gave Dai a -1 on the 4T, btw... Disappointed

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Mao do 3A-3T but it's impossible.

About Chan; considering that he falls and doesn't even get deduction for it (I think it was at 4CC), I wouldn't be surprised if judges gave him +GOE for the fall.
-1 for Daisuke's 4T?! really?! Is this idiot a canadian? I really hope other federations will start protesting, the treatment Chan is receiving is beyond ridiculous. Come on JSF stop being so freaking polite!
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:21 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Mao do 3A-3T but it's impossible.

About Chan; considering that he falls and doesn't even get deduction for it (I think it was at 4CC), I wouldn't be surprised if judges gave him +GOE for the fall.
-1 for Daisuke's 4T?! really?! Is this idiot a canadian? I really hope other federations will start protesting, the treatment Chan is receiving is beyond ridiculous. Come on JSF stop being so freaking polite!

Unfortunately (well, fortunately for them!!) we don't know the nationalities of the judges in the protocols. But actually there were even two guys who gave Dai a -1 on 4T... Neutral
It's interesting to see how the whole thing will turn out next season... with Patrick's new coach, an amazing team Japan (hopefully) and Plushenko and the other russian girls coming up, it will be exciting!! I don't think Patrick will be able to come up as strong as last year next season and then he won't have a chance against Evgeni, I think. Same thing with Carolina... (again: hopefully!) Razz
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:07 am

Akiko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUE-SdSaCfE
Kanako: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxcs8XtcUHQ
Gracie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ZmiwPbu9I

I want a HD video of Dai's SP coz I wanna watch it again and again and again in full HD glory!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:44 am

Those who are not in Japan or Korea can watch a repeat of today's competition on ISU.

Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 am

shikure wrote:
It's very good for most of skaters in Team Japan. but it broke my heart seeing tape on taka's boots..gosh...he wore something broken in February and used everything to keep his blades stayed with his boots.

ETA: from pics, taka lose weight from worlds...

If he still hasn't found a good new skates, why he included quad in the SP? Maybe I don't understand team Sato's strategy, but I just want to see Taka skate what he is
capable of at this time without pushing the limits. It's a serious competition but to skate a comparably conservative with less errors (falls) program like Jeremy Abbot's and
to allow the audience can appreciate your skating skills and interpretation of the program itself seem more important to me for this event.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 am

I think Sato wants him to get comfortable having it in the program. You can tell that Taka is nervous every single time it comes up in competition even though it is glorious in practice. It needs to become just another element for him, not this huge big deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next