Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Team Trophy 2013

Go down 
+35
Hotaru
kisses
pearlyriver
richster106
aoi88
sapphiresky
Lady_in_black
supportmaoasada
linglang
ddmm
shikure
bibi
babayaga
josling
ballerinamao
AmazingGraceMao
chapis
silenceisgolden
let`s talk
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Asada_Rising
l-spiralmao
sweetdream
whiteboots2013
kenkyo
COHK
zarinaballerina
helen91
klarification
Mao2012
polosatik
Alokya
koala_lover
Haidogirl
roma
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

World Team Trophy 2013 Empty
PostSubject: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 am

11-14 April 2013
Tokyo, Japan

Countries: Canada, USA, Japan, Russia, France, China
http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm

Time and practice schedules:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/WTT2013_TimeandPracticeSchedule.pdf

Starting Order/Results
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2013/

Team Japan
Ladies: Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
Men: Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
Ice Dance: Cathy Reed, Chris Reed
Pairs: none

I saw this announcement video on my twitter feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNjr_09tZwo
Pochi posted this on the FB page: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130320-00000004-spnavi-spo

Team Russia via Absolute Skating: (edit: now final)
Men: Konstantin Menshov, Maxim Kovtun
Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
Ice Dance: Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev.

Team USA:
Men: Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott
Ladies: Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner
Pairs: Castelli/Shnapir
Ice Dance: Chock/Bates

Team France: (as posted by polosatik)
Ladies: Maé Bérénice MEITE, Lénaëlle GILLERON-GORY
Men : Florent AMODIO, Brian JOUBERT
Pairs : Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
Ice Dance : Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabien BOURZAT

Team Canada:
Men: Patrick CHAN, Kevin REYNOLDS
Ladies: Gabrielle DALEMAN, Kaetlyn OSMOND
Pairs: Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
Ice Dance: Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

Team China:
Men: Nan SONG, Han YAN
Ladies: Zijun LI, Kexin ZHANG
Pairs: Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG
Ice Dance: Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG

Last edited by roma on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 am

Why not Yuzuru Hanyu? silent
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:26 am

Haidogirl wrote:

Yuzuru has been injured. Maybe they want him to rest and heal well. I want him to do the same.
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am

Why no kanako?
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 am

roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

Yuzuru has been injured. Maybe they want him to rest and heal well. I want him to do the same.

I didnt know that! Did that happen at the Worlds? Bawling
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:45 am

Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

It happened right before. He was competing at worlds after only three days back on the ice between a foot injury and the flu.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 am

roma wrote:
11-14 April 2013
Tokyo, Japan

Countries: Canada, USA, Japan, Russia, France, China

So it seems Japan has finalized its team:

Ladies: Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
Men: Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
Ice Dance: Cathy Reed, Chris Reed
Pairs: none

I saw this announcement video on my twitter feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNjr_09tZwo
Pochi posted this on the FB page: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130320-00000004-spnavi-spo

Team Russia via Absolute Skating: (is this final?)
Men: Konstantin Menshov, Maxim Kovtun
Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
Ice Dance: Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev.

Haven't seen posts regarding other team lists yet.
Well just an hour ago the leader of our Federation denied the rumours about Team Russian, so it;s not official. They don't want to send Maxim Kovtun Sad Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 am

Alokya wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

It happened right before. He was competing at worlds after only three days back on the ice between a foot injury and the flu.

I see! Bawling I only knew about him having a flu before the Worlds started!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am

polosatik wrote:

Well just an hour ago the leader of our Federation denied the rumours about Team Russian, so it;s not official. They don't want to send Maxim Kovtun Sad Disappointed

Oh... maybe it's not yet final for the men but I think for the ladies, pairs and ice dance they'd have no problems with the competitors, right?

btw, polosatik, why don't they seem to like kovtun?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:38 am

roma wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Oh... maybe it's not yet final for the men but I think for the ladies, pairs and ice dance they'd have no problems with the competitors, right?

It's very confused situation. At first they sent Maxim instead of Menshov, it was a huge scandal,but they did it. Now, they don't want to send Maxim,because they think he's not ready for senior competitions. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 pm

polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:
polosatik wrote:

It's very confused situation. At first they sent Maxim instead of Menshov, it was a huge scandal,but they did it. Now, they don't want to send Maxim,because they think he's not ready for senior competitions. Suspect
I think that after Euros and Worlds so-and-so result (not very good SP, excellent FS but with Zayak mistake; disastrous Worlds), they realized that he wasn't (and he isn't) ready for the big competitions, so he should just work hard on his consistency now, and giving a chance to Menshov is teh best thing to do at the moment, in my opinion.
But, the most important thing is that Mao will be there! Just remember how beautiful her programs where at the 2009 WTT, real masterpiecies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=327n8Gue9Ic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxgKLUVB1I
Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I see! Bawling I only knew about him having a flu before the Worlds started!

Flu, asthma, ankle sprain, knee problems... I can just imagine him popping some painkillers, gritting his teeth and getting ready to skate so he could get 3 spots for Japan. No
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:45 pm

The US just announced its world team.

Americans announce World Team Trophy squad: Aaron, Abbott, Gold, Wagner, Castelli/Shnapir, Chock/Bates.

Good news - we get to see JEREMY again! Weird news - what the hell is going on with not putting Meryl and Charlie on the squad? Did they ask to be left off it? Bad news - Ross Miner, once the poster boy, is now getting dumped by USFS. And what the hell news - WHY are they putting Castelli/Shnapir on the team when Smiceca/Knierim beat them into pulps at worlds? I would have thought that that would place them in higher world standing than Castelli/Shnapir? Thoughts on this from interested people?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Alokya wrote:

Americans announce World Team Trophy squad: Aaron, Abbott, Gold, Wagner, Castelli/Shnapir, Chock/Bates.

Good news - we get to see JEREMY again! Weird news - what the hell is going on with not putting Meryl and Charlie on the squad? Did they ask to be left off it? Bad news - Ross Miner, once the poster boy, is now getting dumped by USFS. And what the hell news - WHY are they putting Castelli/Shnapir on the team when Smiceca/Knierim beat them into pulps at worlds? I would have thought that that would place them in higher world standing than Castelli/Shnapir? Thoughts on this from interested people?

Why!??!?! I'm glad to see Jeremy in the list but shocked to see no Davis/White. What's the rule for choosing participants again?
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:51 pm

klarification wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I didnt know that! Did that happen at the Worlds? World Team Trophy 2013 813808

I see! World Team Trophy 2013 813808 I only knew about him having a flu before the Worlds started!

Flu, asthma, ankle sprain, knee problems... I can just imagine him popping some painkillers, gritting his teeth and getting ready to skate so he could get 3 spots for Japan. No

Yuzu fractured his ankle at last year's world and in order to heal completely he needed months off the ice- which with this stubborn kid was not going to happen so it flared up again in the 6 minute warm up. His knee injury will take about a month to heal (according to a tumblr user's report). Seriously.... the things this kid went through to guarantee 3 spots at Sochi. Let's sum up his problems this season....worsened asthma with the move to Canada, lingering ankle problem, virus from Sochi, flu from 4CC, walking into a door at 4CC and cutting his eye, knee injury before Worlds,..... pale
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:13 am

roma wrote:
Alokya wrote:

Why!??!?! I'm glad to see Jeremy in the list but shocked to see no Davis/White. What's the rule for choosing participants again?
Tessa and Scott are not going either.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 am

polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:
Alokya wrote:

Really? Huh. Marina must be behind this, telling them to rest and take a break before the Olympic season while she gets the music and choreography in order.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Alokya wrote:
polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:
Alokya wrote:

Really? Huh. Marina must be behind this, telling them to rest and take a break before the Olympic season while she gets the music and choreography in order.

Yeah Marina said they were getting to work on next season's programs right when they get back. Besides, both countries have strong teams so it's not like either dance team is going to be needed (especially since Team Japan isn't entering a pairs team).
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 am

helen91 wrote:
klarification wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I didnt know that! Did that happen at the Worlds? World Team Trophy 2013 813808

I see! World Team Trophy 2013 813808 I only knew about him having a flu before the Worlds started!

Yuzu fractured his ankle at last year's world and in order to heal completely he needed months off the ice- which with this stubborn kid was not going to happen so it flared up again in the 6 minute warm up. His knee injury will take about a month to heal (according to a tumblr user's report). Seriously.... the things this kid went through to guarantee 3 spots at Sochi. Let's sum up his problems this season....worsened asthma with the move to Canada, lingering ankle problem, virus from Sochi, flu from 4CC, walking into a door at 4CC and cutting his eye, knee injury before Worlds,..... pale

Oh my gosh, i hope he get through this in time for the next season! It would be too sad, if he cant be fit for Olympia!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 am

Oh,guys, our Federation is a HUGE joke ROTFLMAO

Here it is a final Russian team for WTT(find the difference)
Men: Maksim Kovtun, Konstantin Menshov
Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar, Maksim Trankov
Ice dance: Ekaterina Bobrova, Dmitri Soloviev
Laugh
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am

polosatik wrote:

Here it is a final Russian team for WTT(find the difference)
Men: Maksim Kovtun, Konstantin Menshov
Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar, Maksim Trankov
Ice dance: Ekaterina Bobrova, Dmitri Soloviev
Laugh

haha! now i've put a FINAL note in the first post. Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Any news why Akiko is competing instead of Kanako? I was sure that they will leave Akiko out since her bad placement at worlds. scratch

polosatik wrote:

lol, what's up with them? First they push Kovtun to compete at both Euros and Worlds, whether he deserved it or not, then deciding he isn't ready for senior competiton (really, they figured this out AFTER worlds?!), and now sending him to WTT after all... confused They must've been drinking too much vodka. Whirly

About skipping this competition: I remember last year, there was a rule that forbade skaters to do shows for 2 weeks AFTER WTT if you qualyfied (world ranking) but chose not to compete. I wonder if they changed the rules, because Canadian Stars on Ice starts on April 19th and Tessa/Scott perform there.
Last year one of the punishments for breaking that rule was loss of eligibility.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Any news on the French, Chinese and Canadian Teams?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Any news why Akiko is competing instead of Kanako? I was sure that they will leave Akiko out since her bad placement at worlds. scratch

I think JFS doesn't have a better reason NOT sending Akiko: she's still ahead of Mao in ISU world standings (yes, even after this world), and she's not physically injured. Plus, considering this will probably be her last WTT, while Kanako will have other chances to attend WTT in the future...
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:47 am

does anyone know where i can get WTT 2013 tickets? or are they sold out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Team Trophy 2013
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next