Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012

Go down 
+14
kaarolcia
chiyori
ElleluvsL
josling
europeanfan
zarinaballerina
Alokya
shikure
ballerinamao
polosatik
babayaga
qingshui
sadistyi
roma
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:36 pm

qingshui wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:
qingshui wrote:
Does anyone have any video links of Taka's FS? I read that although he still had technical problems, his performance was very expressive and like floating on the ice during the footwork sections.
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83J5hvkF6tU&feature=youtu.be
sunny

Thanks, kaarolcia. I'm glad to see Japanese audience was very supportive of him.

but if you look at his protocol, he only had problem for 4T and pop 3A. the quality of his skating / jumps were very nice yesterday. the problem of the judging system is there is no reward for such kind of smooth performance and only reward those huge jumps.

I was surprised about adam's performance only with such small gap behind taka since adam's blades on ice torture my ears when i listened to it with headphone.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:37 am

I can't help but comment about Dai's performance.

Congratulations to Daisuke !
What a performance !
I notice that his quad is coming back. After his severe injury, it was a long road but finally ! when you imagine that his doctor said that it was almost impossible for him to come back as a top skater, when you imagine that he almost gave up....

I have a good feeling about next season.

And Taka, what's the problem about his boot ? I don't understand. Is it that his boots don't fit him ? I am sure he will come back strong next season. He's another hard worker.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 am

From the results page posted above, here are the winners in descending order:
[1] Team Japan, 55 pts (gold in ladies and mens!)
[2] Team USA, 53 pts
[3] Team Canada, 42 pts (Mens, Pairs and Ice dance placed higher than Team France)
[4] Team France, 42 pts
[5] Team Russia, 39 pts (gold in pairs)
[6] Team Italy, 39 pts

Hm. In pairs, T/T fell to fourth place in the FS with 177.56 (http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2012/CAT003RS.HTM) but placed 3rd over-all with a ~3-pt difference from the 1st place (180.70). In the ladies FS, Ashley was 1st (darn black swan fever! Was it really better than Die Fledermaus), Akiko was 2nd, and Carolina was 3rd. Kanako... what happened in the FS? She was in 8th place , but 5th over-all (159.62), above Alena and lower than Adelina and Gracie (must keep an eye on this one..). So the over-all standing for the ladies: Akiko, Carolina, Ashley. Yay for Akiko!!! Omedetto!! To end the season on a high note such as this must have felt really good! (I remember Mao placing 2nd in both SP and FS for both her 1st place in worlds. Mao....)

Congratulations to the winners and the competitors! Daiiiiiisuuuuukeeeeeeeeee!!! You were awesome!!!

Quote :
Is it that his boots don't fit him ? I am sure he will come back strong next season. He's another hard worker.

From what I've read, Taka had taped his boots due to damage (heel?). When you buy new boots and blades, you would need a couple of days (to weeks) to break them in and get used to them while training (and performing). depending on how much time you spend on ice. I don't think the fitting is the main problem, and that Takahiko will let that get to him (his performance despite the damaged boots is a testament to that). Additionally, he's got another hard worker to get inspiration from. *coughMAOcough*
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Is the gala going to be broadcasted on the ISU channel? I don't remember seeing anything about it.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:34 pm

chiyori wrote:
Is the gala going to be broadcasted on the ISU channel? I don't remember seeing anything about it.
Yep, it's going to be there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 pm

what time will it beginn
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:31 pm

polosatik wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Yep, it's going to be there Very Happy

So awesome! I wish we would have that every time, but I doubt it's possible in the countries where broadcasting rights belong to TV stations.

ETA: It's starting around 1 in the morning, eastern time (around 7AM in Denmark I guess...?)

See the live channel, it actually says how much time is left before the next broadcast: http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:26 pm

shikure wrote:

but if you look at his protocol, he only had problem for 4T and pop 3A. the quality of his skating / jumps were very nice yesterday. the problem of the judging system is there is no reward for such kind of smooth performance and only reward those huge jumps.

I was surprised about adam's performance only with such small gap behind taka since adam's blades on ice torture my ears when i listened to it with headphone.

I agree with you. Once I read even Taka himself observes a hugh PCS scores drop if he has jumping error(s) which is not necessarily the same for other elite skates.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIqpHvtJEE&feature=plcp&context=C4f446b5VDvjVQa1PpcFNUk4RkS89RUIs14f_RhurIDIBEGaK8ips%3D

comments from each one
Akko: very happy. everyone worked together and eventually win (WTT).
(regarding her own win) didn't do perfect so felt surprised about that but very happy.
(one word to fans) everyone's support push her to the end and thanks everyone (what Dai did her is so cute)

kanako: free is not good and very sorry. but short was good and (feel) contribute to team japan either short or free is happy.
(being youngest in the team how she feel) supported by everyone and they are very reliable older sisters (laughed and added) and older brothers. (Dai's reaction is cute again)

narumi & tran: (winning SP) very happy !!
(as medalist to attend this competition) japan is very strong and can be part of it and work hard to the end of it then wining this (WTT) just feel happy.
tran: (one word to fans) everyone good nite (lol) thank you very much.

Cathy: (before she talked..Tran...LOL) good nite everyone, enjoy the competition and thanks everyone's support
Chris: good note everyone, enjoy the competition and thanks for everyone's support

Taka: (feeling about winning) it's best and happy...it's best (look at Dai ...these two are so cute)
(regarding WTT) very nervous but can have fun with everyone is best competition.
(one word to fans) i (personally) didn't do good but can win this still happy.thanks everyone.

Dai: very happy can win this.
(not only win WTT but win men event) can skate in front of other skater and enjoy the 4.5 mins, he felt very thankful. as a not-so-good team leader, he wants to thank his teammates.

Akko: (regarding having Dai as team leader) he is best and thank you very much(to Dai)

Dai: (comments as team leader) the win is relying on everyone's support, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:55 am

Thank you so much shikure!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:21 am

polosatik wrote:
Thank you so much shikure!!! sunny

you are welcome Smile
highlight of Gala...team number of team Japan
Dai gave kanako a lift and Taka with Akko-->ppl said taka did better and akko with good posture but it's pity they didn't show that
then...Dai and kanako totally cracked me up...what the hell was that...
World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 56566110
okay okay...i know he improved a lot since he can't do that with mao at all and at least he did better this time but kanako...her position / facial expression was hilarious
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:36 am

haha yeah i remember that it was really funny!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 am

Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 am

shikure wrote:
https://youtu.be/lBz94IkjEh8 lift practice LOL

LOL I wonder why they didn't do the opposite... Akko is smaller than Kanako, though she might be slightly heavier since she's much older and looks a lot stronger. At 0:34, you can see Taka lifting Akko like a boss on the right before the camera focuses on Dai and Kanako. Dai-chan doesn't seem very good at it, but Kanako certainly isn't helping him at all lol! She's just limply hanging off of him and screaming is his ear. lol! She was much better by the gala though. cheers

I love Team Japan. They always do cool stuff like this, like Dai and Mao dancing at the 2010 Nationals gala and doing a throw at Worlds, Taka and Mao last summer, and didn't Taka and Akko do something at Nationals this year? I seem to recall Taka doing a spreadeagle and a spiral...

I hope we at least get photos of Taka and Akko's lift!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Miki's number from the gala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOZo7mPJ3u0
She looks stunning. Many Hearts Miki was always beautiful but now she is just glowing!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 pm

babayaga wrote:
Miki's number from the gala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOZo7mPJ3u0
She looks stunning. Many Hearts Miki was always beautiful but now she is just glowing!

and Miki said something hints that she will be in GPS next season then she said if she feels not right during doing new competition programs, she will withdraw from it asap-->she said she doesn't do something halfway.
at least sounds like she plans to come back.
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Team Japan's Number
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoGp-AOAy5k&feature=relmfu

they looked like they had so much fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:09 am

Kanako and Dai. Towards the end of the video, kano lifts dai! Looks like kano is pretty strong! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=94DjYBJgXdM
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:43 am

from twitter, i think the vid will come soon~very nice air position and akko didn't hold on tight
looks like taka is very strong then held her really high and stable most of time.
(heard about not landing very nice but should be better than Dai and kanako LOL)

World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 56623210
World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 56623211
World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 56623110
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 am

shikure wrote:

and Miki said something hints that she will be in GPS next season then she said if she feels not right during doing new competition programs, she will withdraw from it asap-->she said she doesn't do something halfway.

This is great news! Though, if she'll be able to regain her former shape, this means that one of the current team members will be dropped. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shikure wrote:

This is great news! Though, if she'll be able to regain her former shape, this means that one of the current team members will be dropped. Yep, Sadly

I worry about that too! I love Team Japan! Sad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:11 am

Even I like Miki I think it would be the best thing to retire after the world title. And I can't imagine ehr without Morozov. yes, he's not a great persona but as a coach he did a lot to her, and believe me or not (now you can see it with Alena), he has a good reputation, scores would be so different if she will return.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:22 am

i don't think scores will be different for miki,I mean she has a reputation too...and afterall she is a two time world champion and that should speak for itself... i for my part look forward to see heragain and may the best competitor make the team...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 am

polosatik wrote:
Even I like Miki I think it would be the best thing to retire after the world title. And I can't imagine ehr without Morozov. yes, he's not a great persona but as a coach he did a lot to her, and believe me or not (now you can see it with Alena), he has a good reputation, scores would be so different if she will return.

I can't imagine her without Morozov either, but I doubt she'll return to him. I don't get his reputation with the judges, I mean there is nothing in his choreographies except a lot of posing. Since when does this count as a transition, linking footwork or skating skills? scratch

I hope Liza is going to kick some butt next season and will be able to establish herself as a best russian. Cheering

While I would like to see Miki back (she was a great jumper and would give other girls a run for their money), I don't want to see a 2 time world champ strugling and barely make it to top 5 either, not to mention I'd hate to see Akiko off the team (JSF seems to love Kanako), or Mao Yikes!!! , though I honestly can't imagine they would ever leave her off the team.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:13 am

http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-11233174144.html
celebration for WTT of team Japan
World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 O0480018
World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 O0480019
taka was cute and Dai was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012   World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Team Trophy (WTT) 2012
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3