Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!

Go down 
+55
BowbowDaijin
silenceisgolden
pearlyriver
MaoChan756
dangerous_angel_face
kirakira
bellarina
sapphiresky
Mao2012
josling
cera
haruka25
Qian
ashcroft1086
tuyet
inskate
Sviatoslava
swan
klarification
dawnsherearequiet
kenkyo
Afsfan
illani
ElleluvsL
let`s talk
will_power
europeanfan
bibi
shar
WayCon
skfan
linglang
ddmm
Abdiel
babayaga
patknowsbest
qingshui
jkblues
Alokya
Eris
femariel
sadistyi
chapis
Star85
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
chiyori
kaarolcia
koala_lover
skating_fanatic
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
polosatik
shikure
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Finally, what I was expecting to hear!! Very Happy cheers I can't wait, too, and I really want to see her before the GPs! I don't care if her jumps are not ready (yes, her past performances at JO were poor), I just want to watch her new FS a month before CoC. Anyway, remember that sometimes the performances at JO do not mean anything: Taka last year had an incredibly horrible program, technically, at JO, then had a wonderful season; Leonova was 6th and after that had the most successful season of her career... So, let's count the days! Smile
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:36 pm

I just came across this recent article on Mao and wanted to share it:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/32516-olympic-focus-for-mao-asada
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:49 pm

skating_fanatic wrote:
I just came across this recent article on Mao and wanted to share it:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/32516-olympic-focus-for-mao-asada

Thank you for sharing, skating_fanatic.

Quote :
Though her competitive results have not always been what she achieved in previous years, Asada said she loves skating and remains motivated to be the best she can be. “I want to see how much I can achieve. I want to take my skating to a higher level both technically and artistically,” she explained.

^I quoted that part because I think this sums up what kind of skater Mao really is. I love the fact that she's genuinely interested in what kind of skating she could present, whatever the results or the score or the color of the medal may be. Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:32 am

What a wonderful article! Thanks skating_fanatic! Such a pleasure to hear something from Mao. This is why we love her, the most important thing for Mao is skating itself, not results. Go Mao!!! I have a good feeling for the upcoming season Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks skating_fanatic for sharing.

polosatik wrote:
This is why we love her, the most important thing for Mao is skating itself, not results. Go Mao!!! I have a good feeling for the upcoming season Many Hearts

Thumbs up! I wish so much, that your good feeling will become reality. She has worked so hard, it's about time she starts reaping the results. Yep!
But I do wish she would reveal her music already, it's almost september... Whirly

Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:55 am

roma wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I have a question about Kim Yu-na. If I post it in her forum, I may never get my answer because it's been more than a month since someone posted.

I didn't see her in any of the list in Wikipedia for the Grand Prix final assignments. Are they still assigning her to some?

I don't think so since the roster have already been decided. I think she's only planning to enter a B competition and maybe 4CC aside from Worlds. That's based on what I can remember from posts when she said she'll make a comeback. I'm not sure if that has been changed.

OTOH, good news for us. Mao will compete in Japan Open and I think it's final!!! I'm so excited!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/フィギュアスケート-JAPAN-OPEN-3地域対抗戦/140604656032911

Oh okay! Thank you!

polosatik, before yesterday's post, the last post was July 10. That's why I just went ahead and asked here.

Her program has been announced, and I'm wondering when Mao's will be announced!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:22 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
roma wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I have a question about Kim Yu-na. If I post it in her forum, I may never get my answer because it's been more than a month since someone posted.

I didn't see her in any of the list in Wikipedia for the Grand Prix final assignments. Are they still assigning her to some?

I don't think so since the roster have already been decided. I think she's only planning to enter a B competition and maybe 4CC aside from Worlds. That's based on what I can remember from posts when she said she'll make a comeback. I'm not sure if that has been changed.

OTOH, good news for us. Mao will compete in Japan Open and I think it's final!!! I'm so excited!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/フィギュアスケート-JAPAN-OPEN-3地域対抗戦/140604656032911

Oh okay! Thank you!

polosatik, before yesterday's post, the last post was July 10. That's why I just went ahead and asked here.

Her program has been announced, and I'm wondering when Mao's will be announced!
That's fine, I just thought we were talking about different forums Laughing
I think the reason that Mao keep her choices in secret is that she want to train in peace, if she would announce her music, media will start asking why, what etc.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:32 am

Mao is on the cover of the Wolrd Figure Skating #54:
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 51DLgI%2BCZVL._SS420_
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:59 am

Mao looks soo gourges in the new cover, kind of surprised that they shose a picture from her exhibition number.

and like you polosatik i think one of the reason that Mao isn't revealing her music choice is because of the media, and she probably wants to train at peace, at the moment.

anyway i am soo looking forward to japan open, sooooooooo fricken happy to know that Mao will attendit this year...
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:09 am

This is the first time she has chosen to keep her music choices this long, I think. I don't mind at all. Let us enjoy speculating what it is based on her description. Smile I just hope TAT will finally be able to do something like her EX programs for her -- and keep her hands off Mao's costume.

OTOH, this statement "Asada had minimal success with the triple Axel last season, but said she will likely include the jump in her repertoire this year." makes me wary of that jump. I hope when she does include 3A it is already stable. I'd prefer seeing her 3-3s back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:00 pm

roma wrote:
This is the first time she has chosen to keep her music choices this long, I think. I don't mind at all. Let us enjoy speculating what it is based on her description. Smile I just hope TAT will finally be able to do something like her EX programs for her -- and keep her hands off Mao's costume.

OTOH, this statement "Asada had minimal success with the triple Axel last season, but said she will likely include the jump in her repertoire this year." makes me wary of that jump. I hope when she does include 3A it is already stable. I'd prefer seeing her 3-3s back.

Please,please,please TAT stay away from Mao's costume! Has she designed Mao's Scherezade as well? Because I did like those costumes especially the first one with the pants Love Hearts the dress not so much. And I hope, that the beautiful classic music isn't another Rachmaninov. I love him, but it's been skated to this music so much already, there are other amazing clasical composers. I'd love to see her skate to Tchaikovsky's Violin concerto in D major. It's my favourite Tchaikovsky's work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec7ffTiSMs8&feature=related

Or another Tchaikovsky's masterpiece piano concerto no.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWerj8FcprM&feature=related

And his ballet music is to die for. Love Hearts Dance

I hope she'll leave the 3A out of her programs unless it's completely ready, and I know we won't see it, but I'd love her to do 3F-3T.
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:29 pm

omg i would love to see mao skate to Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto 1 - B Flat Minor zarinaballerina Very Happy i don't know why i have a feeling she's going to skate to romeo and juliet? but that keeps popping in my mind for some reason lol
as for the costumes i dont think TAT's costumes are THAT maybe (aside from the TEB 2009 SP cake dress) looking forward to hearing more news and thanks for the updates everyone Wink
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Mao has never skated to film scores in her competitive programs, but I'd like to see Mao use Ennio Morricone music in films like Cinema Paradiso, the Mission, the Legend of 1900.. Or Yann Tiersen sunny . His musical style is so unique. I know those are very different from her style, but I'd like to see more variety as she had done with Rachmaninov.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:07 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Mao has never skated to film scores in her competitive programs,

That's not true because "Violin Fantasia" which is her SP program by Tarasova was
a soundtrack from Lady in Lavender, though it is classic piece.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Mao has never skated to film scores in her competitive programs

Actually, Mao skated to "Orchestral Suite" from "My Girl 2", "Fantasy for Orchestra" from "The Wizard of Oz", "Tango Agony" from "Agony" and (as BowbowDaijin said above) "Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra" from "Ladies in Lavender".

However, I agree that there are many music pieces from various movies that would suit Mao! A combination of the piano and the orchestral arragement of "La Valse d'Amelie" or the Griet theme from "Girl with a Pearl Earring" would make for a nice SP. And, since Mao likes programs with a "strong" theme, an arrangement of music from "Game of Thrones" would make an awesome "Khaleesi" LP! flower
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 am

inskate wrote:

Actually, Mao skated to "Orchestral Suite" from "My Girl 2", "Fantasy for Orchestra" from "The Wizard of Oz", "Tango Agony" from "Agony" and (as BowbowDaijin said above) "Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra" from "Ladies in Lavender".

However, I agree that there are many music pieces from various movies that would suit Mao! A combination of the piano and the orchestral arragement of "La Valse d'Amelie" or the Griet theme from "Girl with a Pearl Earring" would make for a nice SP. And, since Mao likes programs with a "strong" theme, an arrangement of music from "Game of Thrones" would make an awesome "Khaleesi" LP! flower
I mean a music piece that was composed specifically for a particular film, not a classical piece, if that makes sense. Something by Alexandre Desplat or Danny Elfman. Actually there are so many wonderful music pieces from a wide range of movies that would make for remarkable FS programs.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 am

pearlyriver wrote:
inskate wrote:

I mean a music piece that was composed specifically for a particular film, not a classical piece, if that makes sense.

All of the pieces I mentioned were composed especially for the movies they were used in. Smile I intentionally omitted the pieces that were used in the movies (i.e. "Claire de Lune" in "Twilight", "Ocean's 11", etc., "Por Una Cabeza" in "Scent of a Woman", "Liebenstraum" in "Lost in the Desert" and many others,etc.). I like your suggestions, though. flower
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 am

it looks like Mao had alot of fun when she filmed her new CM, it kind of reminds me how busy she is in the off-season. it may really be for the best that Mao hasn't revealed her music yet, she probably wants to train without much disturbance from the media.

but i have to say i am rally soo eager to know what she is going to skate too! and after hearing all you guys suggestions i am becoming more and more excitet to know. good thing JO is so near.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
roma wrote:

Please,please,please TAT stay away from Mao's costume! Has she designed Mao's Scherezade as well? Because I did like those costumes especially the first one with the pants Love Hearts the dress not so much. And I hope, that the beautiful classic music isn't another Rachmaninov. I love him, but it's been skated to this music so much already, there are other amazing clasical composers. I'd love to see her skate to Tchaikovsky's Violin concerto in D major. It's my favourite Tchaikovsky's work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec7ffTiSMs8&feature=related

Or another Tchaikovsky's masterpiece piano concerto no.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWerj8FcprM&feature=related

And his ballet music is to die for. Love Hearts Dance

I hope she'll leave the 3A out of her programs unless it's completely ready, and I know we won't see it, but I'd love her to do 3F-3T.
The Tchaikovsky violin concerto is beautiful Thank you! and would be perfect for her, but it's not the kind of music TAT usually chooses for her... However, I still hope it will be something like this: elegant, gentle, but powerful and dynamic at the same time!
And, yes, I hope Mao won't go for the 3A in the GPs, a 7-triples program with her 3F+3L back would be wonderful. Even if I love her axel, it could be wise idea not to include it in her programs anymore at all or, at least, not in the sp!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 am

I think the problem with the axel is that it needs soo much time and focus, and like we all know Mao has been concentrating on other aspect of her skating, but like you guys I hope she only includes it when it's ready and stable. I would also love to see Mao include another 7-tripple program with a 3f-3lo again... I love this combination and it looks really beautiful when Mao did it recently in the ice show!

I hope that there will be some practice clip soon!
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:32 am

Yes, but she used to riceive < when she performed it in the past... I hope mr. Sato will focus on having jumps with complete rotations: complete jumps+her grace and flow on the ice=perfection (even without the 3A)!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 pm

A layout like this would be excellent:
1st HALF
3F+3Lo
3Lz
CCoSp
FSSp
StSq
2nd HALF
2A+3T
3F+2Lo+2Lo
3S
3Lo
ChSq
2A
FCoSp
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi guys!!!! Long time not posting here, but i was reading all your posts, thank you for all the links, photos, tranlations, etc., you are so kind. I really love Mary Poppins Ex, but the most i like i's Mao's actitude and energy =) I'm dying to know what kind of pieces of music Mao has choosed for this season Dance but I have a feeling that her FS music is Moonlight or For Elise from my favorite musician: Beethoven, let's see.....

By the way, last week a "member" of this forum (someone from who I didn't listen or read before in the forum) send me a private mesage asking me for money, it's a kind of message that sounds like a trick, the Police of my country usually send alerts to the citizens about this kind of mails, so please take care.

See you soon, to enjoy the new season together Yep!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:19 pm

I hope we'll get some news soon. Yep! As for 3A, I could live without it in Mao's programs, but at the same time I hope that the fact that Mao hopes to put it in her routines means that her training with Mr.Zoltan helped her buid up some muscles and stamina. Her 3A technique actually was improving recently (esp. in practice clips @GPF 2011), she just seemed to lack strength to get high enough in the air. Some more muscle power would help her land other jumps as well. Smile

Ken Himura wrote:

By the way, last week a "member" of this forum (someone from who I didn't listen or read before in the forum) send me a private mesage asking me for money, it's a kind of message that sounds like a trick, the Police of my country usually send alerts to the citizens about this kind of mails, so please take care.

It's a known scam. Yep, Sadly The user in question registered recently, had 0 posts, but sent 98 messages to other members! I received a message as well, and banned the scammer as soon as I saw their statistics.. Laugh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!
Page 16 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next