Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Summer Olympics 2012

Go down 
+18
alyssa
Lady_in_black
kitty
babayaga
sapphiresky
skfan
pearlyriver
europeanfan
MaoChan756
chiyori
polosatik
roma
Alokya
klarification
ballerinamao
patknowsbest
zarinaballerina
swan
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:18 am

Apparently, whoever I cheer on to win at the Olymp just screws it all! Crying or Very sad
*must be the curse* lol

Seriously! Japan has only two gold medals - Sharapova and Roger both lost!
No gold for the Russian gymnasts...

BTW for those who missed the finals - the IOC replays every event on their channel (along with live broadcast) - Check the playlist for Gymnastic finals on the 5th -
https://www.youtube.com/user/olympic?feature=results_main
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:35 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:
i missed the event finals today, but mckayla fell on the mustafina vault, not the amanar vault. there's debate that mckayla nor maria paseka shouldn't had even medaled and that janine berger should've been in the medal stands. since i haven't watched any of the finals, i'll reserve my judgement for later.

Crying or Very sad i wanted roger to win.

Well, in all honesty Berger was a bit sloppy as well, but I agree, Maroney winning the silver after "butt planting" Mustafina is unfair. Paseka had the same problem with Amanar as Vika (stepping off the vaulting matress). And Maroney refused to hug Paseka after the results and her face on the podium... Disappointed If any Russian gymnast pulled this off, they would have been crusified by the gymnastics community, IMO.

I'm so happy for Izbasa!!! Confetti She had a chance at gold after Maroney's fall and she took it! And her reaction was priceless. Many Hearts

Bawling at Roger for losing, but he just wasn't himself at these Games. I'm thinking, he gave his all at Wimbledon and just didn't have much strength and will power left for this.

yeah, i totally heard that she avoided paseka's hug and didn't even want to hug her coach. i mean, come on now, you beat her with a fall and it's not like she beat you! and then i saw the pictures of her hiding her silver medal and looking in disgust during the medal ceremony. DIVAAAA TTIIIIIME! haha, just kidding, she's allowed to be upset it just annoys me that the russians are considered divas and spoiled brats when mckayla does something even worse. at least the russians didn't hide their medals!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Well, in all honesty Berger was a bit sloppy as well, but I agree, Maroney winning the silver after "butt planting" Mustafina is unfair. Paseka had the same problem with Amanar as Vika (stepping off the vaulting matress). And Maroney refused to hug Paseka after the results and her face on the podium... Disappointed If any Russian gymnast pulled this off, they would have been crusified by the gymnastics community, IMO.

This! Really. I've read so much bashing for Komova when she cried of disappointment calling it bad sportsmanship. But all I've read are praises and encouragement for Wieber when she cried of disappointment for not making AA and for Maroney when she got the vault silver. I'd say Maroney's reaction can be called an example of bad sportsmanship compared to Komova's or Wieber's. Drama! Disappointed Suspect

Here's a pic of her reaction: http://lockerz.com/s/231532379
And BradBisco posted this gif of the second vault on twitter:
London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Tumblr_m8alget7Sf1qg1hlx

MaoChan756 wrote:
Apparently, whoever I cheer on to win at the Olymp just screws it all!
*must be the curse* lol

Same here although Uchimura did win the Men's AA gold.

Still hoping for Komova and Mustafina to at least get a gold medal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:25 pm

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/blog=olympic-talk/post/maroneys-shocking-silver.html

these pictures! especially number 20!

gymnastics fans are annoyed that mckayla avoided to hug maria not once but twice. for some reason i feel like this is destiny and was all meant to happen:

1. to shut up nbc about this whole diva spoiled brat thing when an american does something even worse

2. i find it amusing that people complained that cheng fei fell on her (much harder) vault four years ago and say that fei didn't belong on the medal stand but say it's ok that mckayla falls on her vault and win a silver over maria and janine who both landed their vaults

3. mckayla fell on... MUSTAFINA's vault, of all vaults! oh, aliya, you trickster, cursing anyone else who tries to do your vault! means that only mustafina should be doing mustafina's vault! haha, i kid but i seriously find this interesting.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:51 pm

roma wrote:

This! Really. I've read so much bashing for Komova when she cried of disappointment calling it bad sportsmanship. But all I've read are praises and encouragement for Wieber when she cried of disappointment for not making AA and for Maroney when she got the vault silver. I'd say Maroney's reaction can be called an example of bad sportsmanship compared to Komova's or Wieber's. Drama! Disappointed Suspect

Here's a pic of her reaction: http://lockerz.com/s/231532379
And BradBisco posted this gif of the second vault on twitter:
London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Tumblr_m8alget7Sf1qg1hlx

MaoChan756 wrote:
Apparently, whoever I cheer on to win at the Olymp just screws it all!
*must be the curse* lol

Same here although Uchimura did win the Men's AA gold.

Still hoping for Komova and Mustafina to at least get a gold medal.

I couldn't agree more. I can't help but think, that whoever happens to be the biggest rival for US athletes, the American media is doing everything they can to make them look bad. 4 years ago it was China, in Vancouver it was Plushenko and now it's team Russia (Aliya and Vika in particular). I do feel bad for Maroney because she is (no matter what I think about her as aperson) the best vaulter in the world, but it's "great" to see, that after so much bad publicity both Vika and Aliya have gotten, the America's "sweetheart" is showing her true colour. And good sportmanship is not one of them. I wonder how american media will justify her appaling podium behaviour.

Aliya winning bars and Vika winning beam would be heaven!!! Cloud 9 Dance Swoon

And I have a stupid question. Embarassed How do you multiple quote? I've tried everything, but I stil haven't managed to figure that one out. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm actually really shocked by Maroney behaviour, I mean wtf? She hugged Sandra who won the gold, but what our little Masha did to this American diva? Just a shame , and this is called bad sportsmanship. US media now have no right to open their mouths about Vika and Alya. Just shut up and try to teach your vault sensation good manners.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm

polosatik wrote:
I'm actually really shocked by Maroney behaviour, I mean wtf? She hugged Sandra who won the gold, but what our little Masha did to this American diva? Just a shame , and this is called bad sportsmanship. US media now have no right to open their mouths about Vika and Alya. Just shut up and try to teach your vault sensation good manners.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thumbs up! While both Aliya and Vika might not be all smiley on the podium after not winning, they never strike me as "sore losers". they always aknowledged other gymnasts on the podium and NEVER made such facial expresions as Maroney did today, at least not to my knowledge. And Masha didn't beat Maroney, she was third, so I really don't get Maroney's behaivour towards her.
And I just noticed, Masha is a stunner! She looked absolutely gorgeous today. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:50 pm

swan wrote:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/blog=olympic-talk/post/maroneys-shocking-silver.html

these pictures! especially number 20!

gymnastics fans are annoyed that mckayla avoided to hug maria not once but twice. for some reason i feel like this is destiny and was all meant to happen:

1. to shut up nbc about this whole diva spoiled brat thing when an american does something even worse

2. i find it amusing that people complained that cheng fei fell on her (much harder) vault four years ago and say that fei didn't belong on the medal stand but say it's ok that mckayla falls on her vault and win a silver over maria and janine who both landed their vaults

3. mckayla fell on... MUSTAFINA's vault, of all vaults! oh, aliya, you trickster, cursing anyone else who tries to do your vault! means that only mustafina should be doing mustafina's vault! haha, i kid but i seriously find this interesting.

Thanks a lot for the pictures. Maroney's face is priceless.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Maroney's Mustafina in the final, while the form looks good, didn't seem like it will come close to being landed.

swan wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more, swan! Thumbs up! How can they even post something like "Maroney shows grit and grace" in the final?!

Cheng's 2nd vault in Beijing left me in shock. I was rooting for gold for her when it happened but I was still happy she got silver. How much deduction do you get for a fall?

And I was thinking the same thing about Maroney falling on a -- Mustafina! I'd say maybe that's karma. haha!

zarinaballerina wrote:
I couldn't agree more. I can't help but think, that whoever happens to be the biggest rival for US athletes, the American media is doing everything they can to make them look bad. 4 years ago it was China, in Vancouver it was Plushenko and now it's team Russia (Aliya and Vika in particular).
That's what I've noticed, too, and not just in recent Olympics. The other Russians don't seem to be a threat to them so they're mostly focusing on Vika and Aliya. In Beijing they did that to the entire Chinese team. They know how to make their best competitors look bad on media. My mom and some friends last time were all for the US. The coverage was really intensive and they all believed what was being shown on TV which really happens with casual viewers. But when I saw the Russians -- ah -- I've been rooting for Russia mostly since then.

Quote :

And I have a stupid question. How do you multiple quote? I've tried everything, but I stil haven't managed to figure that one out.

zarinaballerina, you can use the quote tags manually. I think the forum only allows one quote but you can override that one. Copy the post you want to quote and enclose it with these tags:

Code:
[quote="user"] paste the text here [/quote]

Just replace the "user" with whoever user you're quoting or you can remove that value entirely. Do the same thing for other posts you'd like to quote.
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 am

roma wrote:

Cheng's 2nd vault in Beijing left me in shock. I was rooting for gold for her when it happened but I was still happy she got silver. How much deduction do you get for a fall?

Cheng actually got bronze in 2008 Olympics on the vault. But I'm still happy for her for being recognized as the first gymnast ever to successfully perform one of the hardest vaults ever attempted by a woman in an international competition, and had it officially recognized as the "Cheng" vault in the COP.

In my mind Cheng deserves to be called one of greatest vaulters of all time (if not "the best vaulter on the planet" used by NBC to describe Maroney in the above article)

roma wrote:

That's what I've noticed, too, and not just in recent Olympics. The other Russians don't seem to be a threat to them so they're mostly focusing on Vika and Aliya. In Beijing they did that to the entire Chinese team. They know how to make their best competitors look bad on media. My mom and some friends last time were all for the US. The coverage was really intensive and they all believed what was being shown on TV which really happens with casual viewers. But when I saw the Russians -- ah -- I've been rooting for Russia mostly since then.

Many people fears any slight questionable "brain-wash" attempts by the government, but chooses to ignore the daily brain-wash they receive from the media coverage, free or paid. Irony.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 am

kitty wrote:
roma wrote:

Cheng actually got bronze in 2008 Olympics on the vault. But I'm still happy for her for being recognized as the first gymnast ever to successfully perform one of the hardest vaults ever attempted by a woman in an international competition, and had it officially recognized as the "Cheng" vault in the COP.

In my mind Cheng deserves to be called one of greatest vaulters of all time (if not "the best vaulter on the planet" used by NBC to describe Maroney in the above article)
I stand corrected. hehe. I meant to type bronze but typed Maroney's medal instead. Smile

Today should be the uneven bars final, right? Good luck to Vika and Aliya!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:53 am

my prediction is that the romanians will be the next nbc nemesis for rio de janeiro, since the russians and chinese seem to have had their fair share of being victims.

Many Hearts sandra izbasa and her gold! here's to hoping that you can be on the podium for the floor finals, sandra!

i personally feel line janine berger should've gotten second and maria paseka third, but this just solidifies the idea to me that gymnastics judges just aren't friendly to athletes outside of the top four countries in the women's field. janine made mistakes but i feel like maria's amanar should've been downgraded. oh, well, at least maria made it into the medals like i had hoped!

not that the "what if's" game means anything, but if aliya hadn't injured herself last april, she probably would've competed the amanar and mustafina vaults and won with gold. aliya, please qualify for all four event finals again at least one moretime!

cheng fei is still the best vaulter ever!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 am

I didn't watch gymnastics last night, so I couldn't fathom that there's such a drama. I can only watch gymnastics on the Youtube channel of IOC. What were the name of the commentators there?
On a side note, does anyone watch synchronized swimming? Since we're all into beautiful and artistic sports like figure skating and gymnastics, I guess many also like SW Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:34 am

swan wrote:
my prediction is that the romanians will be the next nbc nemesis for rio de janeiro, since the russians and chinese seem to have had their fair share of being victims.

Many Hearts sandra izbasa and her gold! here's to hoping that you can be on the podium for the floor finals, sandra!

i personally feel line janine berger should've gotten second and maria paseka third, but this just solidifies the idea to me that gymnastics judges just aren't friendly to athletes outside of the top four countries in the women's field. janine made mistakes but i feel like maria's amanar should've been downgraded. oh, well, at least maria made it into the medals like i had hoped!

not that the "what if's" game means anything, but if aliya hadn't injured herself last april, she probably would've competed the amanar and mustafina vaults and won with gold. aliya, please qualify for all four event finals again at least one moretime!

cheng fei is still the best vaulter ever!

The Romanians will only become nbc nemesis if they will be challenging USA for the team gold, like they once were. Does anyone who is from USA remember if the media treated Romanians the same in 04 olymipcs, as they do the Russians at this?

While I simpatize with Janine, there was no way the judges will drop Maroney off the podium. I mean look how close the scores were, i was surprised (in a good way) that they didn't let Maroney win.

Can someone tell me, when are the judges going to start "penalizing" Aly Raisman for her hideous form and lack of flexibility in her splits on floor? Her floor routine, while very difficult does, IMO, not deserve the scores she's getting. Suspect

I hope for today competition, that if someone outperforms Beth, that the judges will score her accordingly, meaning giving this gymnast (i so hope it's going to be Aliya) the gold. And for the love of God, no more ties!!! This is slowly getting ridiculous.

roma wrote:
zarinaballerina, you can use the quote tags manually. I think the forum only allows one quote but you can override that one.
Thank you! Daisies for you

pearlyriver wrote:
On a side note, does anyone watch synchronized swimming? Since we're all into beautiful and artistic sports like figure skating and gymnastics, I guess many also like SW

I love synchronized swimming, but sadly, Eurosport rarely shares this love with me. No I hope they'll cover the finals at least.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:40 am

Yep! I'm a big fan of SW. I love Natalia Ishchenko and I'm very sad that Olympics didn't have solo routine event like WC.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 am

I'm cheering for Russian swimmers/team. Are they still as dominant as they were a few years ago? i still remember the group number and the duet from Sydney. Both were masterpieces! Swoon
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I'm cheering for Russian swimmers/team. Are they still as dominant as they were a few years ago? i still remember the group number and the duet from Sydney. Both were masterpieces! Swoon
So far yes Razz I highly recommend you to watch our duet Ishchenko/ Romashina, they're fabulous flower
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 am

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
So far yes Razz I highly recommend you to watch our duet Ishchenko/ Romashina, they're fabulous flower

I would love to, but the coverage for syncronized swimming in Slovenia=zero. Bawling I hope eurosport will show it, I don't need live coverage (though that would be amazing), any coverage will do. Eurosport was showing synchronized diving this week, so I have hope. Yep!

Event finals start in 4 hours! I'm getting nervous...
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:55 am

So happy for Sandra Many Hearts
I nearly fainted when I heard at the radio she won gold. Poor Maroney! I seriously feel sorry for her, her Amanar is a beauty and she is a great vaulter. People are being a bit hard on her, she is young and obviously felt frustrated. But knowing how hard it was for Izbasa the last 4 years, being injured for so long, her win here not only made my country proud but she restored the hope in romanian gymnastics.
With Iordache injured I knew bronze is the best medal we can hope for and so I really wanted the russian team to win just for their beautiful gymnastics. I got teared up when I saw Komova crying after the AA. Seeing her barely breathing before her floor scores came up and bursting into tears after was really hard to watch. I think she was underscored in bars and Gabby overscored in both beam and bars. I may be a little biased here but Gabby is nowhere near Ponor on beam. The 15.500 score was a joke. Oh, and a special mention to Mustafina: she was amazing so far in the competition and I was really glad she took the bronze medal. I have a soft sport for her since I saw her in 2010 Worlds. She is fierce but not the diva NBC is trying to portray her
I really want Mustafina/Komova to win UB today!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:01 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I would love to, but the coverage for syncronized swimming in Slovenia=zero. Bawling I hope eurosport will show it, I don't need live coverage (though that would be amazing), any coverage will do. Eurosport was showing synchronized diving this week, so I have hope. Yep!

Event finals start in 4 hours! I'm getting nervous...
Could you watch the sports live on the Youtube channel of IOC? My favorite programs are now always shown on the TV, and the YT channel is a life saver. Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:33 am

Well today is Q for synchro duets Free routine, technical routine was yesterday, pics of top three)
Ishchenko/Romashina
London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 840x

HUANG / LIU

CARBONELL BALLESTERO / FUENTES FACHE
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 am

Yes Aliya!!!!!!!!!!! Encore So sad about Vika, but she still has beam competition!!!
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 am

OMG ALIYA WON! Very Happy cheers Encore
She was mind blowing!
He Kexin was great as well! Smile Silver for her Smile
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:24 am

I'm so glad with the gold medal for Aliya. Finally all the hard work pays off.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:41 am

Congrats Aliya!!! Finally! Congrats to He Kexin and Beth Tweddle also! Was something wrong with Vika's routine?

I'm still hoping Komova does really well in the beam final.

Interesting to see Gabby Douglas got the lowest score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London Summer Olympics 2012
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next