Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Summer Olympics 2012

Go down 
+18
alyssa
Lady_in_black
kitty
babayaga
sapphiresky
skfan
pearlyriver
europeanfan
MaoChan756
chiyori
polosatik
roma
Alokya
klarification
ballerinamao
patknowsbest
zarinaballerina
swan
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:26 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
swan wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:
YAY for Uchimura!! cheers
Deserves it!!
Finally a second gold medal to break away from Japan's bronze stride! Razz (seriously they just got 11 of em few minutes ago 0_0 )

11 bronze medals? in what? that's still a mighty accomplishment! london 2012 seems to be big for japan so far!

No, I meant in total - They have a total of 17 medals - 11 of these medals are bronze...
They are third in the listing for total medals earned - But 9th in gold standing - I am really happy for Team Japan! Smile

Anyone knows the name of the Chinese swimmer who broke two records?

I am so happy for Uchimura! Boogie He trully is the greatest gymnast ever! Hopefully the two russian girls are going to have an amazing competition today as well. Very Happy

Do you mean the 16 year old female swimmer Ye Shiwen? She broke the world record and two Olympic records, and of course one of the american coaches was screaming doping as a result of that. because no one can beat amreicans without illegal substances. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:43 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:
swan wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:
YAY for Uchimura!! cheers
Deserves it!!
Finally a second gold medal to break away from Japan's bronze stride! Razz (seriously they just got 11 of em few minutes ago 0_0 )

11 bronze medals? in what? that's still a mighty accomplishment! london 2012 seems to be big for japan so far!

No, I meant in total - They have a total of 17 medals - 11 of these medals are bronze...
They are third in the listing for total medals earned - But 9th in gold standing - I am really happy for Team Japan! Smile

Anyone knows the name of the Chinese swimmer who broke two records?

I am so happy for Uchimura! Boogie He trully is the greatest gymnast ever! Hopefully the two russian girls are going to have an amazing competition today as well. Very Happy

Do you mean the 16 year old female swimmer Ye Shiwen? She broke the world record and two Olympic records, and of course one of the american coaches was screaming doping as a result of that. because no one can beat amreicans without illegal substances. Rolling Eyes

The problem is the mentality of "gulity until proven innocent" instead of the other way around. Anyway, the truth will come out eventually. Congratulations Ye Shiwen on your two gold medals!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:15 pm

omg! What news to wake up to... Uchimura got Gold? Yey!!! cheers Must read the news updates...

I hope the two Russian girls will make it in the podium later. One of them wearing the gold preferably.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm

You guys get me hooked to gymnastics. Uchimura deserves the gold medal hands down, and he on a bad day is so much better than many other gymnasts. Can't wait to see the women individual all-around.
As for the badminton teams disqualified for match fixing, I'm glad that the IOC made a right and fair decision. I was so angered watching those matches. One team served and the other didn't even attempt to defense. Such poor sportsmanship can't be allowed at the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Just a question, will Uchimura compete in the Vault Finals?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't see his name in the vault qualification list, but he's in the parallel bar and floor list.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 pm

pearlyriver, i'm glad you're enjoying gymnastics!

roma, kohei isn't in the vault finals because he didn't compete a second vault in the preliminaries. he said his focus was on team gold so he decided not to train his second vault and that training the second vault would make him too tired for team finals. it's a pity because i wanted to see him qualify for all events (something that hasn't been done since aliya back in 2010). he's the only male gymnast capable of medaling in every event. he truly has the prettiest gymnastics i've ever seen from a male.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks, swan! That's pretty sad considering he's the best in vault for me. That and the fact that he didn't make the bars final. He really does standout in his routines. Like what I've read in another forum, he's the Takahashi of gymnastics. hehe.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi Swan, will Kohei still compete in the floor exercise and parallel bars? I never thought men gymnastics can be so elegant before watching Kohei's performances.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Btw, I'm new to gymnastics so I don't understand why no Chinese gymnasts made to the all-around final. Is that because they're not good enough, or because there's no all-around gymnasts in the Chinese team?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 am

Pearlyriver, since Uchimura made it to the finals list he will still compete in those apparatus.

I just took a look at the detailed qualification scores and it seems the top scoring Chinese male's score is not enough to land him in the top 24 even if other athletes couldn't join the all-around because of the two athletes per country rule.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:09 am

http://www.london2012.com/news/articles/day-review-sato-suffers-painful-exit.html

Badminton seems to be harsh on the female athletes...:/
I just watched Sayaka's match - She was so disappointed with herself...Sad
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:10 am

So sad for Sato... That's a very touching photo Sad

There's very good news in tennis for Japan though. Kei Nishikori beat seed David Ferrer (ranked 5th in the world) in the third round and is in the quarter finals! He seems to be having a fantastic tournament, having beaten both Bernard Tomic and Nikolay Davydenko to get to the 3rd round. Panic!

He's up against Juan Martin Del Potro next... It's going to be tough, but he could pull another upset!
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 am

I am watching Kei Vs Juan - and its nerve wracking! 0_O
The second set went on for almost an hour...
He might lose - But heck he is putting on a great fight!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

Women's All-Around is now halfway done. Gabby in the lead followed by Vika, Aliya and Aly.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:26 am

silver and bronze for my russian darlings! vika was soooo upset to win silver and aliya was so happy to win bronze after that unfortunate fall on the beam. gabby was first and i'm happy for her although at the same time she was overscored on beam and uneven bars... vika should've won but oh well. vika was gifted a few points on vault but i still think she should've won. aly was in fourth and tied with aliya but aliya still won third over her. i don't understand the tie breaking procedures but aliya should've won over aly anyway because howww aly scored over aliya on beam i just don't understand.

let's hope artistry finally wins for the event finals!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 am

Women's Individual All-Around has ended. Gabrielle Douglas (USA) won gold, Viktoria Komova (RUS) silver and Aliya Mustafina (RUS) bronze. Congratulations!!! I'm seeing tweets Komova cried after. Oh gosh! Don't worry, Vika. You're still great!

Mustafina and Raisman had the same total score. I wonder how the tie-breaker works for gymnastics...

Edit: Now I'm reading tweets bashing Vika for weeping. I remember the bashing Mao got when she wept during the Olympics. My heart goes out to the two of them. They all did their best.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:38 am

Can anyone explains how the tie-breaker works? I didn't watch the whole event, but I don't understand how Gabby was scored higher than Vika in uneven bars. Vika just floated in the air and she made it easy like a flying squirrel.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am

Vika is perfectionist, like Mao. Of course she was crying. I want to hit that people in their faces for bashing Vika. How dare you? She gave it all for this Olympics, of course she wanted a gold, and for me she is golden. I don't know why, but I'm tired of that acrobatics, I want to see artistry and lines too. Like Vika and Aliya showed in every event.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:53 am

polosatik wrote:
Vika is perfectionist, like Mao. Of course she was crying. I want to hit that people in their faces for bashing Vika. How dare you? She gave it all for this Olympics, of course she wanted a gold, and for me she is golden. I don't know why, but I'm tired of that acrobatics, I want to see artistry and lines too. Like Vika and Aliya showed in every event.

Agree! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:56 am

update: the lovely shannon miller (nbc should realllyyyy use her commentary as opposed to the awful al trautwig, elfi schlegel, and tim daggett) explained that the tie breaking procedure involves adding up the combined execution scores of the events. therefore, aliya beat aly! i'm soooo proud of her for pulling through and fighting! after that horrible knee injury i'm soo happy for her bronze!

eventhough i don't think gabby should've won, shawn johnson must be ecstatic that her former teammate finally won gold! liang chow has certainly produced great gymnasts. gabby was always labeled as the underdog against jordyn. and also, a black gymnast as olympic champion! what a huge accomplishment for diversity!

vika, please don't be upset! you should be proud of bringing russia back to the medal stands and combing back after your ankle injury! Good luck! for a gold medal on uneven bars and beam!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm

polosatik wrote:

isn't it huge that russia can produce gymnasts who are good at both artistry AND acrobatics? this is something that the usa seems to lack. sure, nastia is artistic and was olympic champion in beijing... but her form, difficulty, and tumbling just weren't there to be labeled as a TRUE all arounder (therefore she is one of the most hated gymnasts by long time gymnastics fans). gabby would be perfect if she could point her toes more and just hire a real choreographer instead of whoever choreographed her awkward floor routine.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 pm

swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:

isn't it huge that russia can produce gymnasts who are good at both artistry AND acrobatics? this is something that the usa seems to lack. sure, nastia is artistic and was olympic champion in beijing... but her form, difficulty, and tumbling just weren't there to be labeled as a TRUE all arounder (therefore she is one of the most hated gymnasts by long time gymnastics fans). gabby would be perfect if she could point her toes more and just hire a real choreographer instead of whoever choreographed her awkward floor routine.
Gabby is really talented, and I like her the most among team USA. But she is like bouncing happy girl, I can't see her finish the movements, but her elements are great. And her vault jump is stunning. But, I still can't believe Gabby won the beam, how?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 pm

polosatik wrote:

THIS! Thumbs up! Of course she was crying! Halo?! Her dream has just been crushed (unfairly IMO). Was anyone bashing Jordyn after she was bawling her eyes out when she found out she won't be competing in the AA? No, she was the poor victim of this system. Rolling Eyes If that was a russian gymnast in Jordyn place, she would get bashed. Judges robbed Vika again. Can someone explain to me in what universe is Gabby's beam better than Vika's?! Very Mad Sure, they both had wobbles, but Gabby doesn't come close to Vika, or was I watching a different event? Even my granny who doesn't know anything about gymnastics was baffled at that decision.

But OMG, was Vika's floor amazing or what. Dance I was affraid she's given up after she saw Gabby's score, but boy was she fighting. What I don't get is, how is Izbasa's floor better than Vika's? Does she have higher difficulty? Because Vika was almost text book perfect today.

And Aliya, my baby, got a medal. Boogie I was affraid that after that fall from beam, her medal chances were gone. Her bar routine is so gorgeous. Wub Hopefully, she'll win it, but with Olympics being in UK, I think the judges will push Beth to gold.
And I read on her website (aliya mustafina online), that she plans to stay on after London! cheers Hopefully she won't change her mind...

Judges better stop owerscoring Americans in event finals and start being fair.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:42 pm

polosatik wrote:
swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Gabby is really talented, and I like her the most among team USA. But she is like bouncing happy girl, I can't see her finish the movements, but her elements are great. And her vault jump is stunning. But, I still can't believe Gabby won the beam, how?

i agree. gabby's beam AND bars were definitely a gift. how she scored that high on bars i really don't understand and right now gymnastics fans are pretty pissed at her win. there is no way anyone can convince me that gabby fairly received those high scores. i need to rewatch the floor rotation for me to understand how gabby's floor was only .1 behind vika's amazing floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London Summer Olympics 2012
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next