Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Summer Olympics 2012

Go down 
+18
alyssa
Lady_in_black
kitty
babayaga
sapphiresky
skfan
pearlyriver
europeanfan
MaoChan756
chiyori
polosatik
roma
Alokya
klarification
ballerinamao
patknowsbest
zarinaballerina
swan
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 am

OMG Aliya was perfect!!! Dance Love Hearts Cheering i literally squealed when I saw the score. Embarassed That was amazing. She now has the ful set; gold, silver and bronze. Very Happy
I was so affraid at the beginning that the judges are going to hold up Beth, but they were fair.

roma wrote:
Congrats Aliya!!! Finally! Congrats to He Kexin and Beth Tweddle also! Was something wrong with Vika's routine?

I'm still hoping Komova does really well in the beam final.

Interesting to see Gabby Douglas got the lowest score.

Vika hit one of the bars with her feet, I think it was at the dismount, but I'm not sure. I hope Vika will channel Aliya at the beam final tomorrow and win it. She can do it, her beam routine is just gorgeous.

Gabby made a big mistake so they had no choice but to mark her down. I hope now that Gabby won AA, the judges are going to score her correctly. I still don't get her beam score from AA.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks, zarinaballerina! So sad I can't watch the events live on tv so I just have to see the live updates from the official site. I do hope Vika will have the beam routine of her life tomorrow. I want a gold for Vika, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 am

roma wrote:
Thanks, zarinaballerina! So sad I can't watch the events live on tv so I just have to see the live updates from the official site. I do hope Vika will have the beam routine of her life tomorrow. I want a gold for Vika, too.

This sucks that you can't watch it live, it really is amazing competition, I love it. And what was so amazing today, no one fell from bars! Boogie I only wish they would show the medal ceremony as well, I'd love to see Aliya on the podium. Wub

I second your wish. Many Hearts Go Vika, show them how the beam routine is done! Cheering Boogie And I better not see 15.5 from Gabby tomorrow. Mad
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:51 am

Mustafina's gold made my day!! flower
I can't wait for tomorrow's final, especially beam! Iordache replaced Bulimar and if she hits like in the team's final competition she has a shot at the podium. Not to mention Vika, Ponor and Sui Lu. If everyone hits the american girls should not get near the podium but as we have seen so far the results are very unpredictable!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:02 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Mustafina's gold made my day!! flower
I can't wait for tomorrow's final, especially beam! Iordache replaced Bulimar and if she hits like in the team's final competition she has a shot at the podium. Not to mention Vika, Ponor and Sui Lu. If everyone hits the american girls should not get near the podium but as we have seen so far the results are very unpredictable!

Whaat?! Poor Bulimar Depressed Crying , but I love Iordache so I'm also happy, however surprised at this decision. I read an interview with Bitang where she said she regreted allowing Iordache to compete, because her foot really hurt, so I'm somewhat surprised about this decision. Though we all knew this will happen, since Iordache has better chance at a medal than Bulimar. I wish the coaches would let Bulimar compete on floor in qualifications, she would have made it to the final.

Now I'm really confused about for who to cheer. Before this news I wanted Vika to win, but I'm and always have been a huge fan of team Romania, and my favourite is Iordache so I'd just die if she somehow managed to win it tomorrow. Iordache and Vika for the gold! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 am

Larisa does have higher difficulty and a higher chance for a medal than Diana Bulimar but I also feel it is unfair. I still don't know the reason, first I heard Diana is injured and then I heard Diana gave her spot to Larisa. There is no official statement so far, I expect to see one in the next couple of hours. Mariana Bitang also said a couple of days ago that a final decision regarding Diana and Larisa will be announced a day before the competition. Maybe after the AA competition they decided Larisa is our better chance. Poor Bulimar, they didn't even gave her the chance to qualify in floor finals and not they take her spot in the beam final.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:23 am

Lady_in_black, the gymnastics fans have said this will happen the moment qualyfiers were announced. The only way, Diana would have stayed in beam final is, if Larisa would have been too injured to compete. I'm so mad at Belu/Bitang for not allowing Diana to compete on floor, but then this would mean no Ponor (B/B favourite) on floor final, and to be honest I could easily live with that.

A dream final would be Vika/Larisa gold on beam and Sandra gold on floor.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 am

Just saw Bulimar on TV. Apparently it was her decision. She was smiley and said that she knows Larisa's chances are better and that Larisa promised her that if she gets a medal, she will call her on the podium to share it with her. I don't know what to make of this. My respect for Diana grew even higher, if that was possible. She is a great gymnast with huge potential for the future
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 am

Hey guys! Long time no see! Very Happy
I've been following gymnastics too, and today I almost got crazy with Arthur Zanetti's gold! Dance
I was expecting a silver or bronze so I'm really really happy! Maybe now our gymnasts get the respect they deserve in Brazil. Rolling Eyes

I'm still pissed that Komova lost the AA gold. I'm still trying to find out where the hell the judges got that extra .533 for Douglas on UB. She had scored only 15.2 with the same performance on team finals IIRC. Besides, her FX doesn't compare to Komova's, her body line is horrible, she can't dance at all, but the scores were practically the same. Shitty judging just like in figure skating. Mad

PS: Maroney falling on her butt was priceless! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:29 pm

alyssa wrote:
Hey guys! Long time no see! Very Happy
I've been following gymnastics too, and today I almost got crazy with Arthur Zanetti's gold! Dance
I was expecting a silver or bronze so I'm really really happy! Maybe now our gymnasts get the respect they deserve in Brazil. Rolling Eyes

I'm still pissed that Komova lost the AA gold. I'm still trying to find out where the hell the judges got that extra .533 for Douglas on UB. She had scored only 15.2 with the same performance on team finals IIRC. Besides, her FX doesn't compare to Komova's, her body line is horrible, she can't dance at all, but the scores were practically the same. Shitty judging just like in figure skating. Mad

PS: Maroney falling on her butt was priceless! lol!

I know, Zanetti was a surprise of the day. the comentators were wondering if his performance is good enough for silver or will it be bronze, and half a minute later it's gold! Laughing

About Gabby's scores in the AA; you're not the only one who doesn't understand where those scores came from. All of the girls' lines on the USA team are awful, and yet somehow Aly Raisman has the highest score on the floor going in to tomorrow finals. Go figure. Suspect I'll be so mad if she wins tomorrow over flawless Izbasa.

Lady_in_black wrote:
Just saw Bulimar on TV. Apparently it was her decision. She was smiley and said that she knows Larisa's chances are better and that Larisa promised her that if she gets a medal, she will call her on the podium to share it with her. I don't know what to make of this. My respect for Diana grew even higher, if that was possible. She is a great gymnast with huge potential for the future.

That's great to hear. I hope Larisa is going to win a medal so she can keep her promise, though I'm not sure if the rules allow to bring another gymnast to the podium. But it's sweet.
I adore this kid, she looks so adorable. Wub I think Diana and Larisa are the future for team Romania.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:46 pm

mckayla maroney seems to have "explained" herself about her behavior. i don't buy into her explanation, but i suppose i can somewhat forgive her. she is a teenager, afterall (not that this is any excuse) and i also can't expect everyone to be as gracious as cheng fei. what i do find humorous are some of these crazy tweets about the curiosity landing on mars but mckayla not landing her vault Razz

is anyone else excited for the rematch between japan and usa for soccer?
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 pm

What's really ironic is that Mckayla was sent to London only to get that gold medal, since she didn't place in the top 5 in US trials. Elizabeth Price must be rotfl right now. Razz
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 pm

alyssa wrote:
What's really ironic is that Mckayla was sent to London only to get that gold medal, since she didn't place in the top 5 in US trials. Elizabeth Price must be rotfl right now. Razz

not really elizabeth price since she doesn't perform two vaults (to qualify in event finals two vaults must be performed). more like alicia sacramone would be either laughing so hard or quite angry, since she has two very consistent vaults (i've never seen her fall on vault!). alicia so deserved to at least be an alternate! if alicia was sent instead of mckayla, she'd had been champion! but like i said, the what if game doesn't do anything.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Last night's gym events were so exciting, since the scores were unpredictable. I didn't know about the South Korean vault gymnasts until yesterday. Quite glad with the standings. All of the vaulters were amazing indeed.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:05 pm

swan wrote:
alyssa wrote:

not really elizabeth price since she doesn't perform two vaults (to qualify in event finals two vaults must be performed). more like alicia sacramone would be either laughing so hard or quite angry, since she has two very consistent vaults (i've never seen her fall on vault!). alicia so deserved to at least be an alternate! if alicia was sent instead of mckayla, she'd had been champion! but like i said, the what if game doesn't do anything.

But if they had followed the final stands of trials, Price would've been an olympian. They changed it to include Maroney. Actually, who can blame them? She was so good and so consistent.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:57 pm

alyssa wrote:
swan wrote:
alyssa wrote:

But if they had followed the final stands of trials, Price would've been an olympian. They changed it to include Maroney. Actually, who can blame them? She was so good and so consistent.

elizabeth price wasn't chosen because she would've essentially been useless. she's really only useful for vault in team finals but why choose her when the team locks already have amanars and are useful for more than one event? i just don't get her placement and sarah finnegan's placement as an alternate over alicia. alicia may not do bars and floor like elizabeth but her vaults are definitely medal worthy (considering that the vault final just wasn't deep at all) and she has a solid beam set that is possibly event final worthy, whereas elizabeth's routines will likely not make any event finals. but i agree, maroney's vaults are good and she's so consistent so there's no way she couldn't have gone to the olympics. it's too bad that alicia missed her chance of a gold medal... she's actually my favorite american gymnast.

flower i hope i don't sound angry or rude in any of my comments. sometimes tone can be misinterpreted online and i'm sorry if i do sound rude
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:19 am

Another day for Japan to score and a nervous one for me...
They have their chances with table tennis and gymnastic!
BTW congrats to their women's football team for making it to the finals! Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:35 am

swan wrote:
mckayla maroney seems to have "explained" herself about her behavior. i don't buy into her explanation, but i suppose i can somewhat forgive her. she is a teenager, afterall (not that this is any excuse) and i also can't expect everyone to be as gracious as cheng fei. what i do find humorous are some of these crazy tweets about the curiosity landing on mars but mckayla not landing her vault Razz

is anyone else excited for the rematch between japan and usa for soccer?

Me either. I know it had to be a shock for her not winning, since this is what she came to London for, I can buy her explenation about not hugging Maria after the vault final was over, but her behaviour on the podium, the faces she made, the hiding of her silver medal... Disappointed Has she made any explanation about this? I get it she's a teenager, but so are so many other athletes in other sports, who never behave like this.

I don't wish to sound rude either, but I'm so pissed at many people's (mostly US media) double standards, when it comes to gymnats and their dealing with the dissapointment. When american is crying or "sulking" after a bad performance it's, "oh poor her, she must be hartbroken, devestated, blah, blah, blah", but when it comes to others (particulary Vika/Aliya) they are being brats, sore losers, divas... Mad everyone is devastated when they don't perform to the best of their abilities, after all, this what they trained and sacrificed everything for!

As for Jordyn Wieber, if she intends to stay in gymnastics, I hope she'll change her coach and run away as far as possible from the idiot that is her current coach. Seriously, listening to him, one would think he's a 15 year old brat instead of a grown up man.

i hope team japan is going to kick USA butt!!! cheers Cheering Go Japan! Boogie

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:31 am

No medal for Japan in the Parallel Bars final.

Good luck to Vika on Beam and Aliya on Floor!
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 am

Aww I really thought Japan had it for the Parallel Bars... :S
Its really close - Kinda makes me scared about Vika! 0_0
Table tennis finals in a few minutes -
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:15 am

swan wrote:
alyssa wrote:
swan wrote:
alyssa wrote:

elizabeth price wasn't chosen because she would've essentially been useless. she's really only useful for vault in team finals but why choose her when the team locks already have amanars and are useful for more than one event? i just don't get her placement and sarah finnegan's placement as an alternate over alicia. alicia may not do bars and floor like elizabeth but her vaults are definitely medal worthy (considering that the vault final just wasn't deep at all) and she has a solid beam set that is possibly event final worthy, whereas elizabeth's routines will likely not make any event finals. but i agree, maroney's vaults are good and she's so consistent so there's no way she couldn't have gone to the olympics. it's too bad that alicia missed her chance of a gold medal... she's actually my favorite american gymnast.

flower i hope i don't sound angry or rude in any of my comments. sometimes tone can be misinterpreted online and i'm sorry if i do sound rude

I've heard that maybe Alicia was chosen as an alternate but refused... this is very understandable!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 am

Nooooooo! What's wrong with Vika?! Bawling
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 am

Is it just me or are Aly and Gabby's routines so awful to watch?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:34 am

Lucky are those who got to watch the spectacular performances of synchronized swimming. The duets by Russian and Spanish teams are masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:46 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Is it just me or are Aly and Gabby's routines so awful to watch?

not just you cat

ok, i don't consider gabby awful (i prefer her over jordyn and aly) but she shouldn't be getting credit for her "switchring" and "piked" dismount. if she were competing for a different, non-favorite country, she wouldn't be getting credit. i totally wanted catalina for that bronze despite her mistakes because aly's work is unappealing. catalina isn't the most graceful on beam herself but i do prefer her beamwork much more than aly's.

affraid ksenia and out of bounds! i'm so upset!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London Summer Olympics 2012
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next