Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Summer Olympics 2012

Go down 
+18
alyssa
Lady_in_black
kitty
babayaga
sapphiresky
skfan
pearlyriver
europeanfan
MaoChan756
chiyori
polosatik
roma
Alokya
klarification
ballerinamao
patknowsbest
zarinaballerina
swan
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am

Catalina getting lower scores than Aly? I'm so upset. Catalina's floor work is so beautiful and fluid that it gives me fever. Aly's performance is clean and steady but it doesn't come close to Catalina's in terms of execution to my uneducated eyes. And I also think that she deserves bronze more than Aly.
What a pity that Sandra couldn't sustain her beautiful performance until the end. She could have medalled had it not for the huge deduction.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 am

Love Hearts aliya mustafina is the new queen of gymnastics! Love Hearts four medals from this olympics! more than any other gymnast this olympics! congratulations, aliya, you are loved!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:19 am

Aliya is such a pleasure to watch flower . Her medal sets this Olympics shows how well-rounded and consistent she is.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am

Gotta love Aliya! She's so sweet. Many Hearts Her execution on twists are a bit awkward, but her dance and interpretation are gorgeous.
So sorry for Viktoria. She cracks under pressure and always starts her routine looking scared, they have to work on that. Poor girl. At least she got the silver in the AA. I guess the real loser of these olympics was Wieber, who came as the favorite but looked devastated in the end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Catalina getting lower scores than Aly? I'm so upset. Catalina's floor work is so beautiful and fluid that it gives me fever. Aly's performance is clean and steady but it doesn't come close to Catalina's in terms of execution to my uneducated eyes. And I also think that she deserves bronze more than Aly.
What a pity that Sandra couldn't sustain her beautiful performance until the end. She could have medalled had it not for the huge deduction.

yeah, aly is pretty hard to watch. her "choreography" needs some work, she has the most annoying version of hava naglia ever, and her non-pointed toes and non-extended splits are ugly. nothing against her personally, though. she's actually quite a lovely person. this is a huge accomplishment for her after she's been written off constantly. she's been under the wings of alicia, jordyn, becca, and gabby this entire quad.

don't be sad about catalina, though because she will be going for 2016! so this is not the end of her gymnastics career! i'm happy that i heard this! i really wanted her to win floor but i knew after seeing aly's score catalina had no chance. oh well, on to rio de janeiro!

sandra's fall on floor made me sad... her floor routine is so beautiful. at least she got the gold on vault to be proud of.

aliya's injury prevented her from qualifying in two other event finals. she would've been the ultimate queen of gymnastics had she received two more medals! but i'm so proud of her. she has the ultimate comeback of comebacks!

i'm hearing reports of sui lu being a poor sport! apparently she took off her medal on the podium! i have to see the replay! this is surprising for me and i can't believe it since the chinese are the most well mannered of the athletes.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 am

I feel sorry for Wieber seeing her devastated after the floor performance. She's not my favorite gymnast, but a huge amount of pressure was on her, and the fact that she had a mean idiot as her coach doesn't help either.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:56 am

alyssa wrote:
Gotta love Aliya! She's so sweet. Many Hearts Her execution on twists are a bit awkward, but her dance and interpretation are gorgeous.
So sorry for Viktoria. She cracks under pressure and always starts her routine looking scared, they have to work on that. Poor girl. At least she got the silver in the AA. I guess the real loser of these olympics was Wieber, who came as the favorite but looked devastated in the end.

conclusion: proof that jordyn is overrated! all those people who considered her better than vika have got to be changing their minds now, haha. but i'm kind of sad for her in a way. i think gabby is replacing her on cereal boxes. i know gabby will be featured on cereal boxes but i'm not sure if they're the same ones as the ones jordyn is on.

i'm waiting for the "some gymnast from a certain country was overscored" comment from john geddert, now. earlier in the week he took down tweet because he probably got attacked for it. he's very unsportsmanlike. he pouts more than the teenagers do and he's three times their age yet he crucifies others for pouting!

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:00 am

swan wrote:

don't be sad about catalina, though because she will be going for 2016! so this is not the end of her gymnastics career! i'm happy that i heard this! i really wanted her to win floor but i knew after seeing aly's score catalina had no chance. oh well, on to rio de janeiro!

i'm hearing reports of sui lu being a poor sport! apparently she took off her medal on the podium! i have to see the replay! this is surprising for me and i can't believe it since the chinese are the most well mannered of the athletes.

Sui Lu wept after seeing that she came in second, and she did take of her medal. Disappointed to see that.
I'm astonished that Catalina will be going for 2016. The fact that veterans keep up competing or return to competition always makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:04 am

After watching Gabby's disappointing performances in bars and beam, I hope fame, complacency and pressure won't get the better part of her. I'm not a Gabby fan, but she's more likeable than Aliya performance-wise and she also seems to be a sweet dedicated girl.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 am

alyssa wrote:

I agree, and she looked so happy for winning the bronze on floor. Love Hearts I can't help but to think, how different her results at these olympics would have been, had she not blown up her knee. I'm so sad for Vika, but she really needs to work on her fighting spirit, even the comentators noticed her lack of fight and comented on it.

swan wrote:
yeah, aly is pretty hard to watch. her "choreography" needs some work, she has the most annoying version of hava naglia ever, and her non-pointed toes and non-extended splits are ugly. nothing against her personally, though. she's actually quite a lovely person. this is a huge accomplishment for her after she's been written off constantly. she's been under the wings of alicia, jordyn, becca, and gabby this entire quad.

I agree with Aly winning because she had the hardest routine and Sandra did make a huge mistake, but I don't understand where her execution score of 9.1 came from. I mean Aliya (who looked like ballerina ) got 9, and also Catalina who is much more graceful and also more flexible than Aly also received 9. So where do judges see that extra tenth in Aly? scratch The toe point is non-existing, her flexibility is awful, and I wouldn't call her non tumbling elements a choreography. Suspect

pearlyriver wrote:
Sui Lu wept after seeing that she came in second, and she did take of her medal. Disappointed to see that.
I'm astonished that Catalina will be going for 2016. The fact that veterans keep up competing or return to competition always makes me happy.

Yes, poor thing didn't stop crying from the moment she saw Deng (who is such a cutie Wub ) has beaten her, until the medal ceremony. I didn't see her taking of her medal and I watched the ceremony. scratch Was it on the podium or after when they were being photographed?

Holly s... Catalina is going for Rio?!!! This is great news!!! This should be an exciting 4 years, with Cata, a healthy Iordache, in top shape Aliya and hopefully mentally strong Vika. cheers

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 am

swan wrote:

conclusion: proof that jordyn is overrated! all those people who considered her better than vika have got to be changing their minds now, haha. but i'm kind of sad for her in a way. i think gabby is replacing her on cereal boxes. i know gabby will be featured on cereal boxes but i'm not sure if they're the same ones as the ones jordyn is on.

i'm waiting for the "some gymnast from a certain country was overscored" comment from john geddert, now. earlier in the week he took down tweet because he probably got attacked for it. he's very unsportsmanlike. he pouts more than the teenagers do and he's three times their age yet he crucifies others for pouting!

THIS! Thumbs up! I still can't believe Vika has gotten screwed up twice in AA. And both times because of an american gymnast.
This Olympics have been a nightmare for Jordyn. She was going in as an absolute favourite (in american media minds) and is leaving with only a team medal. I wonder how this will affect her in endorsment deals.

I think, or I'd like to think that his own federation had something to do with Geddert taking down his twitter. His comments were beyond rude and disrespectful, (IMO). It cast a bad light on him as well as on Jordyn and the rest of the team. How can an adult person be so immature is beyond me. He was also stealing (or at least tried to) the spotlight after team USA won. Rolling Eyes
Like I said earlier, if Jordyn intends to stay in the sport, the best thing would be to run as far away as possible from this jerk.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

Yes, poor thing didn't stop crying from the moment she saw Deng (who is such a cutie Wub ) has beaten her, until the medal ceremony. I didn't see her taking of her medal and I watched the ceremony. scratch Was it on the podium or after when they were being photographed?

Sui took off the medal when they left the podium to be photographed. Deng is such a cutie.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Ah finally Japan won another gold medal! cheers
Wrestling seems to be their forté...

Also congrats to Aliya for her bronze medal! Smile
You guys seriously made me love gymnastics and I think I already had her pinned as my favourite! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 am

So anyone here watching rhythmic gymnastics? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:43 am

I want to but can't watch here live... if you know of any links please share! :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 am

Team Russia
London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Tumblrm8fwkxmg5m1rd0q1l
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

roma wrote:
I want to but can't watch here live... if you know of any links please share! :-)

Oh that's too bad. I don't know of any link so I'm of no help at all.
Anyway, I don't really watch rhythmic gymnastics often but from what I saw, I could say that I like the routines that were performed by Son Yeon Jae and Evgania Kanaeva!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 pm

klarification wrote:
So anyone here watching rhythmic gymnastics? Very Happy

I love it. I wish there were rhythmic skating. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:04 pm

so nervous for Nadeshiko Japan right now, I can't watch pale
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Girls!! Everything is live on the IOC YT channel! Here's the link -
https://www.youtube.com/user/olympic?feature=results_main
Just check the playlist for whatever sport is on live - Plus the archives -

Just watched Japan win another gold medal in wrestling - Yoshida won her 3rd Olympic gold!
She was simply overjoyed! Razz

USA just scored a goal - Hopefully Japan will equalize soon! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Japan just got a goal, can they come back from behind? I sure hope so Cheering

ETA: well they didn't win, but their silvers are the first Olympic medals Japan has won in women’s soccer. They should still be proud Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:

Just watched Japan win another gold medal in wrestling - Yoshida won her 3rd Olympic gold!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! Thank you! Worship Worship Worship Thank you!

it took me a while to figure it out how it works, I'm to sleepy to think straight (almost midnight here) Coffee Finally I'll be able to see synchronized swimming! Cheering

@polosatik, this a gorgeous picture, are they back in Russia, or are the gymnast staying in London until the closing ceremony and enjoy some free time?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 pm

The Russian gymnast girls are so lovely. Hope to hear from them very soon.
I love this Olympic so much. All the sports are broadcast live in IOC YT channel, and I can rewatch gymnastics and synchronized swimming.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 am

MaoChan756 wrote:

Thank you!!! Worship

I thought that channel just have archives of past olympics. I'm definitely gonna start watching the posted rhythmic gymnastics vids!
---

OTOH, I can only watch videos from past Olympics. Videos from London 2012 aren't available in my country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 am

MaoChan756 wrote:

@polosatik, this a gorgeous picture, are they back in Russia, or are the gymnast staying in London until the closing ceremony and enjoy some free time?
They're still in London Very Happy This pic is from party in Russian house in Olympic village after competition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Summer Olympics 2012   London Summer Olympics 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London Summer Olympics 2012
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next