Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Cup of China

Go down 
+46
BounceAround
illani
kitty
sapphiresky
europeanfan
jeanettetan
ElleluvsL
Dani-Chan
Fumi99
josling
dawnsherearequiet
snowdrops24
shar
Haidogirl
leo
dangerous_angel_face
hirahira
aoi88
maowataiyo
bibi
gurami
chapis
BowbowDaijin
supportmaoasada
Lady_in_black
kaarolcia
tigster
ashcroft1086
swan
Ken Himura
Alokya
inskate
chiyori
kenkyo
polosatik
tianrushui
linglang
Star85
ballerinamao
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
zarinaballerina
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
Mao2012
shikure
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 pm

i'm wondering how lori, an experienced choreographer, couldn't have realized that what she's making mao do looks juniorish. on the bright side, i'm very glad she decided to have mao do something much different in the past. although a bit on the actressy side, she's become much more musical. it makes mao become a much more versatile skater overall. for all those haters who said "mao doesn't emote" or "mao doesn't feel the music" well, take that! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm

swan wrote:
i'm wondering how lori, an experienced choreographer, couldn't have realized that what she's making mao do looks juniorish. on the bright side, i'm very glad she decided to have mao do something much different in the past. although a bit on the actressy side, she's become much more musical. it makes mao become a much more versatile skater overall. for all those haters who said "mao doesn't emote" or "mao doesn't feel the music" well, take that! ROTFLMAO

I'm wondering the same thing, and I hope ballerinamao is right and mrs.Sato will make some changes to this program.

I agree, this better silent the critics, because she's emoting and feeling the music very well, but then, they'll only find something else to nitpick at. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
leo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Mao's SP is not the greatest one she ever had and is quite girlish. But Mao is happy with this program, and I can tell she enjoyed skating it. That is all matters.

Plus, I feel the second place is a good position for Mao to start with. It will not put that much pressure on her to go into the LP.

Overall, I feel Mao is on the right track this season.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:31 pm

In response to Kiira comments - Kiira is very expressive even when she fails technically - that is probably why she gets high PCS marks - and you can't deny that her programs are beautifully choreographed. She has a very open face, and that really matters in figure skating. I think that is why Taka hasn't done quite as well as Patrick Chan despite the fact that they both have gorgeous skating skills - Chan just has a more open face.

I actually like Mao's more childish poses - I think she really needs to have fun with the music. And just because it is fun and playful does not mean that it has to look juniorish - I think it actually looks quite mature, but it's different to her normal style and different to many other senior skaters' styles.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:53 pm

leo wrote:
Mao's SP is not the greatest one she ever had and is quite girlish. But Mao is happy with this program, and I can tell she enjoyed skating it. That is all matters.
Plus, I feel the second place is a good position for Mao to start with. It will not put that much pressure on her to go into the LP.

Overall, I feel Mao is on the right track this season.

Alokya wrote:
I actually like Mao's more childish poses - I think she really needs to have fun with the music. And just because it is fun and playful does not mean that it has to look juniorish - I think it actually looks quite mature, but it's different to her normal style and different to many other senior skaters' styles.

Glad to hear some positive opinions...We all know that Mao has gone through a very hard time last season, and I don't think she's gotten over her mother's death yet at all. So even if her SP is juniorish, even if some of you don't like her ponytail and costume, I think we should give her and her team a break. I thought it was wonderful that Mao was able to skate her SP with joy. It reminded me of when she was young, fearless and always enjoying competitions without feeling pressured. I think maybe Lori made this pro so Mao can recapture such emotions. Yep!

I haven't been that fond of Lori the past few seasons (because of her connections with the judges concerning Pattie), but seeing her interview on tv, I really felt she cared for Mao and made her SP so she can go to practice and feel happy to skate as Lori herself had said. For that I deeply appreciate this new SP even if it's not the best of her pros. Mao says she likes it, so that's more than enough for me. I do agree that there can be some changes made to make it better, but I think we should all give this pro some more time and see how it turns out. Mao has just began to become consistent in her jumps, so I don't think we should be asking for more at this point. As long as she's comfortable with this pro I think it's okay. She managed to score over 60 with it the first time she skated to it in competition, so I don't think that this pro is doing any damage for her either. Neutral

Why can't we just support her in what she's skating to? She must've put alot of effort into practicing this pro, and commented that she would like everyone to enjoy it as much as she does skating to it. If Mao read and understood some of the comments about her SP that's been posted here, I think she'd really feel depressed. No

I understand that we all want the best for her and that's why sometimes her pros might not seem that good for her, and that's why some of you guys don't like it. But I do not think this is the right time to criticize Mao or her teams choices. She said she wanted to quit skating right after last season; I'm sure none of us imagined she was disturbed by probabaly everything then. But she decided to go on. I think she needs support and encouragement from her fans more than ever this season. And we are her fans aren't we? Let's just be happy that she decided to continue competing with a bright smile! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:09 pm

thanks for this beautiful post pochinko and i totally agree with everything, and i think Mao did an amazing job!

can't wait to see her swan lake tomorrow! Encore

by the way i would really like to see that interview with lori, do you still have it pochinko?
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Thank you Pochinko for your intelligent post. I just saw Mao's sp, and I love, love, love it. Why, because first and foremost, I saw Mao's uplifted spirit shining through out her entire performance. And that's what I want to see when Mao performs. If she's happy, I'm happy for her. And I know her mother is at peace knowing her daughter is happy.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:08 pm

With regard to Julia... interesting blog post from Tony Wheeler. I am so happy that he is blogging again - I really missed him last season!

http://www.flutzingaround.com/2012/11/lipnitskaia-pre-rotations.html
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Mao's SP with 720p and 1080p HD versions posted by tokitama on twitter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK-U_HinhZs

I'm so hoping later Mao will skate that swan lake even better than in JO and we finally get HD videos of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 pm

roma wrote:
Mao's SP with 720p and 1080p HD versions posted by tokitama on twitter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK-U_HinhZs

I'm so hoping later Mao will skate that swan lake even better than in JO and we finally get HD videos of it.

Thank you so much for the video roma, it has a better resolution and a different camera angle, even the color of her costume is more beautiful, I've ever love that dress, very pretty and sexy Love Hearts

I like Mao's SP, it's different, fresh and energetic and Mao looks happy performing it. How I said previously, I like her ponytail, I think it matches the music very well, it's kind of cool. I like her facial expressions too, she looks happy, relax, free, cute and very pretty Love Hearts If Mao is happy with this SP I'm happy too.

I can't wait for her FS!!!!!!! I love Swan Lake too Cheering Confetti Dance Happy dance
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Has this been posted already?

British Euro version!! cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7Xy5Hw7Zk

As usual, they love Mao. Razz

But the camera angles were really pity. silent
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 pm

@figureskate5ch  (TV Asahi twitter)

Mao Asada looked relaxed and checked her skating. She fell once on her lutz and then she used some time to work it out. It seems she's pleased with her practice.

Costume is same as JO.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kkfksenia/album/191618/?p=3

Go Mao-chan!! Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 pm

linglang wrote:
@figureskate5ch  (TV Asahi twitter)

Mao Asada looked relaxed and checked her skating. She fell once on her lutz and then she used some time to work it out. It seems she's pleased with her practice.

Costume is same as JO.
http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kkfksenia/album/191618/?p=3

Go Mao-chan!! Cheering Cheering Cheering

Did you hear anything about the 3-3?
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 pm

When is the ladies' LP event? Smile
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:40 am

ballerinamao wrote:
thanks for this beautiful post pochinko and i totally agree with everything, and i think Mao did an amazing job!

can't wait to see her swan lake tomorrow! Encore

by the way i would really like to see that interview with lori, do you still have it pochinko?

I'm sorry ballerinamao, I only saw the interview footage on tv and I wasn't taping it. Maybe somebody might upload it on Youtube but it was a very short interview, so I'm not sure if they'd bother. Btw, there was a footage of Mao being asked what she thinks about Julia on tv too. Mao said she was amazed by her flexibility and that she felt as if Julia isn't just skating but also doing gymnastics at the same time. She really seemed amazed and was smiling all the time when she commented about her. Hope Julia sees this clip...but I doubt she'll have the chance to. Sad

linglang wrote:

Thanks linglang for the link!

Luv this commentator! So happy he liked Mao's performance more than Julia's. Think he's the guy who's been praising Mao like crazy when she skated her 'Masquerade Waltz' FP in Korea GP. I think he truely understands the essence of the sport; you need charm not just skills to make the 'it' factor work. And the one thing Mao has more than any other lady skater right now is charm! She's always had it since she was a small kid, and it's still there. Love Hearts

Btw, I sort of think this commentator is gay...he always uses the word 'lovely' so many times, lol! But if he is, it's nice to know he's fond of Mao's skating style, cause in Jpn it's been written in an article before based on interviews on gay figure fans here that they do not like Mao that much but prefer Miki more. But that was long time ago, maybe that's changed now. Yep!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 am

ladies fs will begin in an hour gurami
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 am

I read everything and hard to quote everyone's comments.
But about P-chan, I have something to say..although he talked big and sounds arrogant about skating thing...but I think he is a good guy off-ice and most of Japanese skaters get alone with him very well.

Last year in 4cc, one of the fan went to watch their practice, then when Dai walked away after finishing and didn't see the fan wanted to give him the gift. P-chan asked the fan is that is for Dai and took the gift then tracing after Dai to pass that for the fan. and ppl said that was not a good day for P-chan's practice then he spent some time there to talk to fans (maybe the practice didn't go well then he decided to step down a little bit) I addition, i saw a lot of off-ice shot from fans that he took with Dai.

The other thing happened one week ago, when the announcer from Japan, Mr. Kato, he said he was on the same plane with p-chan, then he said after landing, p-chan helped everyone around him who needed help to get their bags down. Mr. kato said he is a nice guy.

some of us may hear about taka said p-chan translated French for him when they had dinner together with other skaters and spoke slower to let him understand.

so i think p-chan is arrogant for skating thing and nice off-ice. I am not fan of his PCS but I won't say he is bad person or arrogant person when things are not about skating.

just remember ppl said when he came to Taiwan for AOI last year, his mother spent a lot of time with fans waiting there (even some of fans there is not for him) and talked to them. she doesn't sound like crazy skating mom like what others said, she even shared with fans what her boy likes to eat...

the point is not how nice p-chan is but one thing is very important that there are culture differences and sometimes we never see someone's the other side. everyone may think Japanese skaters are humble but that is also sort of culture thing. Asian won't show as much emotion as westerner does. we always joke about doing survey in Asian never works correctly since if you ask us to rank from 1 to 5, we will always give you 3. so unless i heard Yulia says "I don't think Mao is good skater" ...i won't care to much.

I enjoy what i saw yesterday and looks forward to today's FS. from the same twitter of the TV Asahi, Mr. Kato said Yulia was perfect in the practice without any mistake.

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 am

i am sooo excitet to see Mao again Encore
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 am

linglang wrote:

British commentators are my favourite, though Nicky still hasn't learned Mao's name. I watched the highlights yeaterday on Eurosport (they showd the best 4 in every discipline) and Nicky started with Maya Asada which gradually changed to Mayo (pronounced as in mayonnnaise). Laugh I'm hoping that this season he'll learn to pronounce her name correctly. Very Happy

ballerinamao wrote:

I know, me either, the ladies live coverage has just started. First group is warming up. I can't wait for Mao!!! Panic! Dance Boogie GO MAO!!! Kick butt! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:43 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
linglang wrote:

British commentators are my favourite, though Nicky still hasn't learned Mao's name. I watched the highlights yeaterday on Eurosport (they showd the best 4 in every discipline) and Nicky started with Maya Asada which gradually changed to Mayo (pronounced as in mayonnnaise). Laugh I'm hoping that this season he'll learn to pronounce her name correctly. Very Happy

ballerinamao wrote:

I know, me either, the ladies live coverage has just started. First group is warming up. I can't wait for Mao!!! Panic! Dance Boogie GO MAO!!! Kick butt! Cheering

Approximately how many hours from now will she be going? Does anyone have a live stream link?
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:43 am

http://mypremium.tv/stream/?id=1454&1318021101

British Euro livestream starting now!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 am

Ying Zhang's dress looks just like YuNa's Arirang dress Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:57 am

sofia is really having a hard time out there
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:59 am

inskate wrote:
Ying Zhang's dress looks just like YuNa's Arirang dress Smile
Yes, I thought the same...
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 am

ballerinamao wrote:
sofia is really having a hard time out there

It's not her day at all... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Cup of China
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next