Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Cup of China

Go down 
+46
BounceAround
illani
kitty
sapphiresky
europeanfan
jeanettetan
ElleluvsL
Dani-Chan
Fumi99
josling
dawnsherearequiet
snowdrops24
shar
Haidogirl
leo
dangerous_angel_face
hirahira
aoi88
maowataiyo
bibi
gurami
chapis
BowbowDaijin
supportmaoasada
Lady_in_black
kaarolcia
tigster
ashcroft1086
swan
Ken Himura
Alokya
inskate
chiyori
kenkyo
polosatik
tianrushui
linglang
Star85
ballerinamao
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
zarinaballerina
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
Mao2012
shikure
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Jackie Wong's Opining on Cup of China

Quite an interesting article on Mao and Julia. He has noted Julia's jumps that we've already noted. But another interesting point he made was the base value of the jumps between Mao and Julia. If both goes clean on the jumps Mao has the higher base value despite Julia's more difficult layout.

Hope Mao goes clean incl jumps in NHK. I wanna see the scores she'll get then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Yes, even without 33 and 3A, Mao still could do seven triples in her long program and she repeats triple flip and triple loop while JL also does a seven triple program with triple lutz and triple toe repeated. As long as one could do 2A3T and all five triples, she could get a competitive base value in long program. It is the short program where a triple triple would give you an advantage. That's why Ashley went for triple triple in short program not in long program. And take Yuna Kim's jump layout in 2011 world as example, her triple toe gave her a great margin in short program. However, since she doesn't have a loop and she cannot do three 2Axels any more, she can only do a six triple long program. Therefore even with a triple triple, her base value in long program is still lower than Mao's current routine. Some may argue that's a flaw of the system. But the system is always flawed.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:38 am

so in the lp Mao doesn´t need to do 3-3 in combination for to do 7 triples in total? Its great but we have the sp problem Laughing
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 am

chapis wrote:
so in the lp Mao doesn´t need to do 3-3 in combination for to do 7 triples in total? Its great but we have the sp problem Laughing

I hope Mao will go for the 3F-3T in the SP later on instead of going for a 3A. She did mention she wants to up the difficulties later in the season.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 am

roma wrote:
chapis wrote:

I hope Mao will go for the 3F-3T in the SP later on instead of going for a 3A. She did mention she wants to up the difficulties later in the season.

but then comes the question is it worth the risk, it can give a good lead, but if failed it could make the lost point almost impossible to make up in the freeskate. I think that If Mao wants to add more difficulty it should be in the freeskate, she would still gain the same amount of points, and the risk wouldn't be too big. Especially considering that this isn't the 3A which has had in her arsenal since junior but i 3-3 is a combination that's not been included on regular basis due to Mao often changing her jump layout through the years!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 pm

As usual I am one of the last to post about the competition. I had to stay away from the internet and wait for it to come on tv, then I was busy for a few days so... Anyway, I could not read all of the 20 pages of comments since my last visit, so sorry if I am repeating a lot of things others have said.

First off, congratulations MAO!!!!!!!!!!! Confetti Cheering. I am so happy for her (and me!). It was not a perfect LP, but it was great. It was oozing with that special Mao loveliness. I liked this program at JO, but I am liking it even more now. I think it is growing on me.

I was a bit taken back when the commentator said Julia said Mao was just like she seemed on tv - "nothing special". I was liking Julia a lot, but my opinion of her just took a big drop. I really hope she meant something more like "Mao is just a normal girl". If that WAS what she meant, I guess she will learn that she has to be careful about what she says to the media. She will be one very lucky skater if the time never comes when she goes into a slump. At that point, maybe she will be humbled. First Sasha, now Mao. Hope this girl grows up and starts respecting the great skaters who came before her.

I watched the competition on CBC, and was pleasantly surprised at all the good things the commentators had to say about Mao! It's been a while since I've heard Canadian or US commentators praise her up and down like that. I was expecting to hear at least some negative and doubtful comments about her like we've been hearing so much of the last couple seasons, but they had all good things to say about her even before she skated. And Tracy raved about how much she loved Mao's LP like crazy. The Canadian commentators have been a little more Mao friendly than the US commentators for a long time, so I will be curious to see if they have come back to their senses on Mao as well. The commentators loving Mao again, and the judges not favoring another skater while judging Mao more harshly - I take this as a good sign that the skating world may finally be starting to see things our way again Smile
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Star85 wrote:
As usual I am one of the last to post about the competition. I had to stay away from the internet and wait for it to come on tv, then I was busy for a few days so... Anyway, I could not read all of the 20 pages of comments since my last visit, so sorry if I am repeating a lot of things others have said.

First off, congratulations MAO!!!!!!!!!!! Confetti Cheering. I am so happy for her (and me!). It was not a perfect LP, but it was great. It was oozing with that special Mao loveliness. I liked this program at JO, but I am liking it even more now. I think it is growing on me.

I was a bit taken back when the commentator said Julia said Mao was just like she seemed on tv - "nothing special". I was liking Julia a lot, but my opinion of her just took a big drop. I really hope she meant something more like "Mao is just a normal girl". If that WAS what she meant, I guess she will learn that she has to be careful about what she says to the media. She will be one very lucky skater if the time never comes when she goes into a slump. At that point, maybe she will be humbled. First Sasha, now Mao. Hope this girl grows up and starts respecting the great skaters who came before her.

I watched the competition on CBC, and was pleasantly surprised at all the good things the commentators had to say about Mao! It's been a while since I've heard Canadian or US commentators praise her up and down like that. I was expecting to hear at least some negative and doubtful comments about her like we've been hearing so much of the last couple seasons, but they had all good things to say about her even before she skated. And Tracy raved about how much she loved Mao's LP like crazy. The Canadian commentators have been a little more Mao friendly than the US commentators for a long time, so I will be curious to see if they have come back to their senses on Mao as well. The commentators loving Mao again, and the judges not favoring another skater while judging Mao more harshly - I take this as a good sign that the skating world may finally be starting to see things our way again Smile

again, the "nothing special" comment was just a misreport. the "comment" wasn't even accurate. No

Star85, what did the canadian commentators say about mao's short program? they were so pleasantly complimenting her long program, i'm curious to know what they said about her short. Smile
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:59 pm

swan wrote:
Star85 wrote:

again, the "nothing special" comment was just a misreport. the "comment" wasn't even accurate. No

Star85, what did the canadian commentators say about mao's short program? they were so pleasantly complimenting her long program, i'm curious to know what they said about her short. Smile

Glad to hear the Julia comment was not really true. I did not have time to read through all the 20 pages of comments since I was here last so I missed that.

They did not televise the short program. They may have made a comment or two about it, but if they did, I do not remember what they said. I don't think I really remember them saying anything specific about (or maybe even anything at all).
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Well I am the type of person that always get misinterpret, so may be she said Mao is nothing special but she was trying to say another thing, that situation always happend to me Embarassed .
About Tracy I dont know how much is the fact of Yuna with Orser, may be she finished in bad terms with her too, so she is not blind with Mao now.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 am

Team Japan triumphal celebration at the restaurant in Shanghai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8b98a22fw&feature=plcp

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am

Thank you for the video! I love Mao's top, she looks gorgeous. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Mao looks soo beautiful, I wish i understood what they said!
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:40 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:

Thank you for the video, the food looks delicious Swoon , and they super cute
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:49 pm

chapis wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:

Thank you for the video, the food looks delicious Swoon , and they super cute

the way Dai ate things was very careful and beautiful then Mao was so "man"..LOL
and you can see her face was lighted up when seeing food.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 am

Both Mao and Dai said that fine showings by young stars motivated them.

shikure wrote:

the way Dai ate things was very careful

Dai hopes they will be able to enjoy having piroshki in Sochi
as they could do with Shanghai hairy crabs there.

I suppose he surely can do so because piroshki is easier to eat than crabs. Wink
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:29 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Both Mao and Dai said that fine showings by young stars motivated them.

shikure wrote:

the way Dai ate things was very careful

Dai hopes they will be able to enjoy having piroshki in Sochi
as they could do with Shanghai hairy crabs there.

I suppose he surely can do so because piroshki is easier to eat than crabs. Wink
Haha that's for sure! Hmm I'm wondering what kind of piroshki Dai likes? Sweet or with meat? Laughing
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZzkLjNCs8&feature=watch-vrec Sorry if it was already posted, but look at this fancam!!! Mao is floating on the ice!!! So heavenly beautiful!! Many Hearts
And you see how Mao got bombed by present stuff after the performance ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 am

poor tatsuki machida. he didn't have much attention in that video of them eating in shanghai eventhough he won. however, i do love that daisuke has so much personality.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 am

Just wanna ask. Has anyone found a Japanese video coverage of Mao's CoC swan lake? I only have the SP but no FS. Sad
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 am

Other scene at the restaurant (a little bit)
Dai was having trouble with eating a crab and said "Please don't shoot me" Laughing
+
Mao and Julia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVBWXkiG7NI&feature=plcp

Here you are, roma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbsOZZMvPEg&feature=plcp
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Other scene at the restaurant (a little bit)
Dai was having trouble with eating a crab and said "Please don't shoot me" Laughing
+
Mao and Julia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVBWXkiG7NI&feature=plcp

Here you are, roma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbsOZZMvPEg&feature=plcp

Thank you!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
cera
Double Axel
Double Axel
cera

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 pm

One more request...does anyone have a version of Mao's gala performance that includes her encore?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Cup of China
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21