Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of China

Go down 
+18
aoi88
dlnnyc
josling
roma
bellarina
kaarolcia
ddmm
coconut
clovera
supportmaoasada
maowataiyo
Dani-Chan
Star85
Figure_skating_love
europeanfan
MikiAndoFan#1
tilitom
linglang
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi I found a news article on Miki and Taka-chan who will participate in Cup of China this week.

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20101103-697839.html

Miki and Taka-chan left for China on Nov. 3 from Chyubu Int'l Airport.
Miki looks calm saying although she got her new skates just two weeks ago, she wants to do her best.
Taka-chan says he's been practicing so hard that he feels some pain in his heels, but it's nothing serious and he can skate as usual. He thinks his steps and jumps have been improving because he's been working on them very hard.

Go, Go Miki and Taka-chan Cheering
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 am

Very excited for miki!!!she got very good reviews after Japan Open! hope she tries and lands the quad this season. hoping to see a 3-3 too!!! i wonder if she will try it this early in the season. Razz
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:50 am

Here's the results page.

Smile

Go Miki!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 am

Here you can watch Cup of China :

http://guzei.com/online_tv/watch.php?online_tv_id=2519&lang_id=43

http://www.epctv.com/channels/CCTV-5-Online-Watch-1172.htm

I can't wait to see Mirai and Brian Very Happy Ladies competition will be the most interesting because both: Mirai and Miki are very strong. Men's competition will be interesting either, because Brian can become the first in the figure skating history who won all Grand Prix events flower

GO BRIAN!! Cheering Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:24 am

europeanfan wrote:
Here you can watch Cup of China :

http://guzei.com/online_tv/watch.php?online_tv_id=2519&lang_id=43

http://www.epctv.com/channels/CCTV-5-Online-Watch-1172.htm

I can't wait to see Mirai and Brian Very Happy Ladies competition will be the most interesting because both: Mirai and Miki are very strong. Men's competition will be interesting either, because Brian can become the first in the figure skating history who won all Grand Prix events flower

GO BRIAN!! Cheering Good luck!

Awesome! Hopefully Mirai has recovered enough to skate well this weekend
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:21 pm

tilitom wrote:
Very excited for miki!!!she got very good reviews after Japan Open! hope she tries and lands the quad this season. hoping to see a 3-3 too!!! i wonder if she will try it this early in the season. Razz

Is that what the article talked about?! I couldn't read it. I can see her going for a 3-3, but I would be a little more surprised if she went for the quad again. It would be fun to see her try if she thinks she's up for it though!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Is there possibility Miki will try to do quad again?! That would be awesome!!! cheers But did she ever mention about it?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks europeanfan for the link!!

The article which I linked above says nothing about jump layout.

According to the following article, during the official practice on the 4th, Miki and Akiko looked particularly in good form. Miki landed 3z-3l and Akiko's 2A-3T was consistent. Kozuka and Tomoki Machida landed quads.

http://www.47news.jp/CN/201011/CN2010110401000736.html

I don't think Miki is going to try quad. She rarely talks about quads recently.
I wonder if Miki will include 3z-3l in her program. I wish I could see it.

I hope Mirai is fine by now and will show us fantastic performances.

Go! Go! Miki, Akiko, Taka-chan, Machida and Mirai Cheering
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm

OMG I am so excited! Go Miki!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering
Go Taka!!! I do cheer for Joubie too Very Happy

There is this short video of Joubie, Taka and Miki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51DYIVajXKQ&feature=youtu.be

Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Wow! Thanks for all the updates guys! What an exciting field!
Miki ganba! Akiko ganba! Mirai ganba! Taka, Brian ganba! Cheering
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 am

Star85 wrote:
tilitom wrote:

Is that what the article talked about?! I couldn't read it. I can see her going for a 3-3, but I would be a little more surprised if she went for the quad again. It would be fun to see her try if she thinks she's up for it though!

gyaaah!!! that's just an idea from an overexcited fan!!! heehee. so nope, i have no idea what the article says. Razz that's actually one annoying thing about liking miki--we don't get as much updates about her. i was so happy last month when they started a miki thread at goldenskate but it's not up anymore. Neutral but seriously, isn't it a logical thing for her this season to go for the quad? the rules are in her favor. even if the quad gets downgraded, she still gets 70% of its value! even if she gets a negative GOE for it, the points would still be high. i think the new rules actually encourage able jumpers like miki to go for the quad! i can't tell though if the risk is worth it. but still, it's something to look forward to. i hope we get more miki buzz soon.

do your best miki!!! and akiko too!!! Boogie
Back to top Go down
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:29 am

is there any other link I can watch live broadcast?
I cannot watch it with the above links Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:38 am

For the briefest of moments I thought I over-napped in preparation for the event (it's past midnight here). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:00 am

1. Mirai Nagasu - 58.76
2. Akiko Suzuki - 57.97
3. Miki Ando -56.11

Awww I hope Miki recovers and win Gold, although I really like Mirai and Akiko .
Miki did 3Lz-3Lo ( I think the loop was downgraded), 3F and 2A (very shaky)
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:05 am

Miki did awesome 3lutz-3loop yet she is in third place... Sad, Lonely
I'm not too fond of her program but her score seems so low for what she did and I wanna know why..
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:15 am

I want to see the protocol sheet. I hope her 3Lo wasn't downgraded. She's not far off though. Smile
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:31 am

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Looks like they ruled Miki's loop as being underrotated. Mad

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20101105-00000040-kyodo_sp-spo.html
Something tells me the writer doesn't know that there's a clear distinction made between a UR and a DG beginning this season. Sweatdrop
Judging by the TES, I can only think of a DG on the 3Lo and/or some kind of spin error (low levels or an entire spin didn't count).
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:48 am

I don't know if it was actually considered a DG or underrotated. She probably got hit up on her axel and slightly on her 3F, but either way I'm so livid right now. That combination was exciting and wonderful.

ETA: I watched the slow-mo a couple of times and it looks fine. How Lysacek can get away with stuff, and Miki can never get her 3-3s ratified is beyond me.

Last edited by maowataiyo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:58 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Looks like they ruled Miki's loop as being underrotated. Mad

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20101105-00000040-kyodo_sp-spo.html

Thanks for the info. Oh that's too bad cuz I thought it was pretty good when i saw this 3-3. Depressed Crying Hope she skates better tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:59 am

Aaand my icenetwork stream decides to go kapooey as expected. Great. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:10 am

coconut wrote:
Thanks for the info. Oh that's too bad cuz I thought it was pretty good when i saw this 3-3. Depressed Crying Hope she skates better tomorrow. Smile

I know! I still think Miki's 3-3 was good...
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 am

Oo, looks like Kozu's SP went well! cat

I probably should have just VPN'ed my way on to skatebuzz once icenetwork came crashing down instead of transferring to the delayed Russian stream. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:59 am

YAYA TAKA FIRST - 77.40
2. BJOU - 74.80
3. TOMAS VERNER - 70.37

TAKA DID 3LZ-3T, 3A AND 3FLIP
JOUBIE DID 4T-3T BUT HIS AXEL I THINK WAS UNDER-ROTATED AND HE NEEDS MORE TRANSITIONS
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:15 am

Well done for Taka-chan! Very Happy

I also think Joubert's 3A is underrotated and it's a shame because his 4-3 was sooo good. and his program is really polised and entertaining this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cup of China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of China
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next