Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Cup of China

Go down 
+46
BounceAround
illani
kitty
sapphiresky
europeanfan
jeanettetan
ElleluvsL
Dani-Chan
Fumi99
josling
dawnsherearequiet
snowdrops24
shar
Haidogirl
leo
dangerous_angel_face
hirahira
aoi88
maowataiyo
bibi
gurami
chapis
BowbowDaijin
supportmaoasada
Lady_in_black
kaarolcia
tigster
ashcroft1086
swan
Ken Himura
Alokya
inskate
chiyori
kenkyo
polosatik
tianrushui
linglang
Star85
ballerinamao
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
zarinaballerina
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
Mao2012
shikure
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm

polosatik, thank you so much for your kind words! hugs, kisses, and flowers for you, too! Daisies for you

i myself am not very fond of some other skaters, such as ashley (and i know some of you all are fans of her), so if anyone will be offended or angry of my comments of her to speak up, as well. Embarassed

PochinkoPotanko, thank you for your insightful comment about broadcasting of asahi tv. at least japan broadcasts live on television, though. too bad the us broadcasts with only recordings, and not even the entire competition! i don't bother to watch any of the nbc broadcasts because by the time it airs, i've already watched the performances enough times on youtube (with much more bearable commentary).

eventhough mirai's skating has gotten downhill post-olympics, i think she should've been third! underrotated jumps are better than kiira's popped jumps! it looks like mirai is battling many of the same things mao has been battling such as confidence, consistency, and judging. rebuilding her reputation with judges in time for the upcoming olympics seems to be a close to impossible task.

on the other hand, if mao keeps this up, she may possibly get a perfect season! she will have to skate much more cleanly of course and her competitors will have to make mistakes but it's a possibility since mao seems to slowly be rebuilding her reputation with the judges.

Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Don't have much time for a long post.
I am actually not that worried about Mao's jumps. I think she is better now than in Feb.(2012 4CC). When I saw her in Colorado Springs, I really felt that she didn't have much strength and it's very difficult for her to overcome the gravity and jump into the air. I don't feel it this time. The caller this time is pretty tough. Everyone got called. If Mao could consistently have great performance during GP series, her PCS will be even higher by the time of 4CC and World with Kim or without Kim. I think judges really like her programs this year especially the long program. That's a good thing for her. So I really really hope her stick to the current layout, give consistent performance and build her reputation.
As for JL, I think COC will be a good lesson for her. The arena went crazy after Mao's performance. Tons of people shouted "Mao-chan, Mao-chan", me included:). It took the flower girls a lot of time to clean the ice surface. Even JL herself helped...I think she never saw such thing before in junior competitions and Finland Trophy. This may shake her mind a little bit. The mistake on 2A3T is the biggest mistake I ever see from JL. And she had some landing issues here and there. One of her spins was short of rotation during variation. All these small mistakes here and there cost her gold medal. She may start understand the differences between junior competition and senior competition. I don't quite like her skating. But I admire her a lot. Her consistency is just unbelievable. I do hope she could have a good future.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am

tianrushui wrote:
Don't have much time for a long post.
I am actually not that worried about Mao's jumps. I think she is better now than in Feb.(2012 4CC). When I saw her in Colorado Springs, I really felt that she didn't have much strength and it's very difficult for her to overcome the gravity and jump into the air. I don't feel it this time. The caller this time is pretty tough. Everyone got called. If Mao could consistently have great performance during GP series, her PCS will be even higher by the time of 4CC and World with Kim or without Kim. I think judges really like her programs this year especially the long program. That's a good thing for her. So I really really hope her stick to the current layout, give consistent performance and build her reputation.
As for JL, I think COC will be a good lesson for her. The arena went crazy after Mao's performance. Tons of people shouted "Mao-chan, Mao-chan", me included:). It took the flower girls a lot of time to clean the ice surface. Even JL herself helped...I think she never saw such thing before in junior competitions and Finland Trophy. This may shake her mind a little bit. The mistake on 2A3T is the biggest mistake I ever see from JL. And she had some landing issues here and there. One of her spins was short of rotation during variation. All these small mistakes here and there cost her gold medal. She may start understand the differences between junior competition and senior competition. I don't quite like her skating. But I admire her a lot. Her consistency is just unbelievable. I do hope she could have a good future.

thanks for the report, tianrushui! this just warms my heart! Wub that was nice of yulia to help clear the ice (i've never seen that before).
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 am

I used to looking forward to Ashley's performances before...but until last year's 4CC, I felt disappointed, not by her strong performance, but by how she was over-scored suddenly (I have to admit I was not too crazy about her black swan program last year!).

But one thing I do admire about Ashley's performance is her consistency since last year's US national so far. After re-watching Ashley's winning FS at Skate America earlier, now I'm kind of waiting to see how she and Mao will carry out their FS respectively, if both of them get to meet each other again at GPF (especially when Ashley's quite strong with her jumps in SA, but has only so-so steps and [final] spins in her Samson and Delilah, while Mao's swan lake is one of the best choreo-ed programs of the season so far!)

BTW, not sure if this is already posted: here's CBC's version of Mao's FS...I just like listening to how Tracy Wilson commented on the program!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8CPKMTz7vY&feature=youtube_gdata
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:02 am

COHK wrote:

BTW, not sure if this is already posted: here's CBC's version of Mao's FS...I just like listening to how Tracy Wilson commented on the program!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8CPKMTz7vY&feature=youtube_gdata

COHK, Thanks a lot for this HD version!

-----

I admire it when skaters become consistent. I may not like their skating compared to Mao but the fact that they are becoming consistent shows that they are also trying their best to improve and I admire that a lot. Yuna became so consistent and that helped her a lot. Ashley is also becoming very consistent after she started winning competitions internationally. It shows in her confidence. She may not nail some of her jumps cleanly but she doesn't show that it affects her when performing and it shows in her steadily improving PCS. Julia is also very consistent and I admire that she goes for the harder elements. She just had her first experience of top level senior competition and I hope she learned some things there. I also hope her team will be able to adjust some jumps because that may really affect her when puberty hits.

I wish Mao will find that consistency this season. Winning CoC is already a start. It'll help her a lot in the Olympic year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 am

Haha, Tracy finally loved TAT work? Laughing Razz OMG that's delightful!!! I could never see that happen geek
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 am

No problem! roma!!

Actually, I was hoping if there would be at least one HD version of the Japanese TV (Asashi?) posted, as so far the Eurosports/Russian/CBC versions are all from the same source (assuming it's from the CNTV in China). And often time the filming angles were...just off (I don't want to see the filming from a top-down angle!, or they just failed to highlight the performance of the skater by focusing too much on the blade...etc.) But I'm guessing the HD version from Japanese broadcast might be taken down due to the copy right?

Anyway, here's another fan-version from the Chinese figure skating forum (from Baidu). And we can get to see how well Mao's FS performance was received....

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDcxMDc5OTk2.html
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 am

polosatik wrote:
Haha, Tracy finally loved TAT work? Laughing Razz OMG that's delightful!!! I could never see that happen geek

Here too! We were quite surprised about it in our Jpnse forum about how Tracy reacted. And it seems she only had a problem with 'the Bells' pro mostly, and does appreciate Mao's performances overall. Anyway, after all that's been said in the past on Tat's choreos for Mao by North American commentators in the past, I'm very happy about Tracy. Yep!

ETA:OTOH, I've heard that CBC commentators were quite harsh on Julia. They seemed to have said something like 'It's as if a child is skating in seniors' (these aren't the actual words since I haven't seen the broadcast myself), and despite how I had my doubts about her skating skills as well, this kind of comment bothered me alot and made me feel sorry for Julia. The fact is, she's nearly 10 years younger than Mao, so of course she's a 'child', and I don't think they needed to say that out loud. I think all commentators should've praised her for the fact that she made it to seniors at such an early age to say the least. Besides, although I'm not against commentators being a bit critical, I think such comments can ruin the viewer's appreciation for a skater's performance. In that sense, I prefer British Euro much better; the commentators do point out skater's mistakes, but they hardly ever say anything negative about a skater while he/she is performing. Neither do Jpnse commentators (although most of them just say compliments, so they're a bit boring... Sweatdrop ).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

ETA:OTOH, I've heard that CBC commentators were quite harsh on Julia. They seemed to have said something like 'It's as if a child is skating in seniors' (these aren't the actual words since I haven't seen the broadcast myself), and despite how I had my doubts about her skating skills as well, this kind of comment bothered me alot and made me feel sorry for Julia. The fact is, she's nearly 10 years younger than Mao, so of course she's a 'child', and I don't think they needed to say that out loud. I think all commentators should've praised her for the fact that she made it to seniors at such an early age to say the least. Besides, although I'm not against commentators being a bit critical, I think such comments can ruin the viewer's appreciation for a skater's performance. In that sense, I prefer British Euro much better; the commentators do point out skater's mistakes, but they hardly ever say anything negative about a skater while he/she is performing. Neither do Jpnse commentators (although most of them just say compliments, so they're a bit boring... Sweatdrop ).

I think Yulia scared the crap out of american commentators Twisted Evil They probably had visions of Olympic medal falling from american skater's hands. I don't like Yulia, but I agree with your post. British commentators are also my favourite, and they were a perfect example, imo, on how to comment on Yulia. They praised her tech abillity and the fact that she's at senior GP at such a young age, and doing so well, but they made it clear, that her young age is showing, they used words like "lack of experience", "lack of maturity" but at the same time they made it clear that with age her performance abillity (PCS) will rise.

And I can't believe Tracy Wilson (of all people) said nice things about TAT's choreography! Shocked Like I said before, go Mao!!! cheers

And TAT, if you're choreographing Olympic program/s for Mao next year, please, please give her a masterpiece that will knock everyone out! Yep! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 am

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 am

Nick Verreos' Costume Recap for the ladies in Cup of China
http://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/2012/11/figure-skating-costume-minute-cup-of_3959.html

He likes both costumes! Thumbs up!
I don't think h knows, though, that the orange one isn't Mao's real costume. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:39 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

I think Yulia scared the crap out of american commentators Twisted Evil They probably had visions of Olympic medal falling from american skater's hands. I don't like Yulia, but I agree with your post. British commentators are also my favourite, and they were a perfect example, imo, on how to comment on Yulia. They praised her tech abillity and the fact that she's at senior GP at such a young age, and doing so well, but they made it clear, that her young age is showing, they used words like "lack of experience", "lack of maturity" but at the same time they made it clear that with age her performance abillity (PCS) will rise.

I think they're Canadian commentators since CBC is a Canadian channel, zarina. But anyway, I think you're right that Julia must've terrified them, lol! She actually scared the crap out of everyone including me! Laugh

Even if her performances lacked maturity as British Euro said, you hardly ever see a 14 year old with that amount of potential. I think everyone felt all she needs is more experience, better edges and bigger jumps which I'm pretty sure she's capable of achieving if she works on them hard enough. Although I prefer Adelina and Liza's performances, Julia is a threat to everyone even including the other Russian ladies. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 am

It's nice to hear that Tracy liked TAT's choreo. I never liked her as a commentator and I can't really confirm I like her now but still it was very nice of her to say that.
Does anyone has Yulia's FS on CBC ?

It's also nice to see Mao's FP from the audience's camera because the camera angle (the original one) was horrible. It made me smile to see coach Sato holding Mao's hand while she was putting on her blade covers. Also I was amused when a fan threw stuffed animal to Mao in K&C and Sato caught a Pink Stuffed ?? Hell, no!. Mao must have said something like 'oh you can keep it!'.

I am so looking forward to see Mao in NHK. Too bad there are no tickets available. As per Sato's comment, we know that Mao can do better.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am

ddmm wrote:
It's nice to hear that Tracy liked TAT's choreo. I never liked her as a commentator and I can't really confirm I like her now but still it was very nice of her to say that.

It's also nice to see Mao's FP from the audience's camera because the camera angle (the original one) was horrible. It made me smile to see coach Sato holding Mao's hand while she was putting on her blade covers. Also I was amused when a fan threw stuffed animal to Mao in K&C and Sato caught a Pink Stuffed ?? Hell, no!. Mao must have said something like 'oh you can keep it!'.

I am so looking forward to see Mao in NHK. Too bad there are no tickets available. As per Sato's comment, we know that Mao can do better.

heh Mao actually cached a big stuffed animal herself in one of the videos that showed the kiss and cry, it was really fun too see Laugh
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wz8XSwZA8M Dai and Mao doing Gangnam style at finale Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 am

polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wz8XSwZA8M Dai and Mao doing Gangnam style at finale Razz Laughing

yikes, gangnam style is everywhere, even figure skating ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 am

ballerinamao wrote:
polosatik wrote:

yikes, gangnam style is everywhere, even figure skating ROTFLMAO

Daisuke is so good. He can dance to anything! Love Hearts

and Mao...oh no~ not with that Mary Poppins costume ! Worship
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am

ballerinamao wrote:
ddmm wrote:

heh Mao actually cached a big stuffed animal herself in one of the videos that showed the kiss and cry, it was really fun too see Laugh

That BIG teddy!

I wonder what she does with all thoses stuffed animals.
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm

you get a nice view of mao's FS from this person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzsfD4RNG0
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

kenkyo wrote:
you get a nice view of mao's FS from this person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzsfD4RNG0

Thank you, kenkyo! I love fan cams, they really show the whole rink and often help us see the actual performance a lot better. It's like we're really there! Razz

I remember last year, someone posted a fan cam of Mao's Liebestraum that was filmed from very high up and you could really see how much her speed had improved. That didn't come across at all on TV because the music and the choreo were so soft and gentle.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! 0_0

MAO WON?

I was off to a wedding since Friday! Sad No internet! I was worried so much!
SO SO SO MUCH!
I am actually trembling right now!
Just saw a picture - Now I'll review every single page through this topic lol

I AM SO HAPPY! YATTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 am

polosatik wrote:
http://thenakedice.blogspot.ru/2012/11/cup-of-china-2012-ladies-review.html#more a good review on Cup of China ladies event! sunny

thanks for this, it was really interesting to read, and i think he really was spot on many of his comments to this competition!
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 am

Another fan cam version:
(I like Mao and Sato-sensei at K&C Smile )

I Got Rhythm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUEPVMgt6lc

Swan Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Dy9PYMvLo

Last edited by silenceisgolden on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Cup of China
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next