Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

skater playing card wallpaper

Go down 
+3
l-spiralmao
zarinaballerina
PochinkoPotanko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

skater playing card wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 am

Since I'm ill (nothing serious) and am in recuperation, I can't walk around much.
So, I decided to make a wallpaper based on the new year trump card I posted in the link underneath which some of you seemed to like: http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t1184-happy-2013-new-year

The wallpaper version looks some thing like this...

skater playing card wallpaper Wallpaperax

If you want to see it in it's actual size, go here:

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img15/6834/wallpaperldt.png

If you like it, you can download it and use it in any way you like (as long as you don't try to make money out of it, lol!).

I wanted to include skaters from many countries as possible, so I didn't choose the skaters in this wallpaper according to their competition results. I simply tried to choose the skater in each country who I personally felt had the most potential in the rest of the competitions this season. Yep!

I had a hard time deciding whether to include Denis or Verner for the last card which needed a male skater, but I chose Denis in the end cause I like his performances more. And choosing one Jpnse male skater was tough this time! I didn't make this for this forum in particular, so although I can already hear shipper voices shouting 'Where's Taka~? Grrrrr! Frustrated', I decided to choose between Dai or Yuzu in the end, and I chose Dai. Yuzu won alot of medals this season and Nats, but I still think Dai is the best male skater we have in Jpn. Smile

But I luv watching Yuzu skate too! So I might make a full Jpnse skaters version while I'm still in recuperation. Being able to take time off because of illness was only a luxury up till high-school for me! Now it's just boring and full of physical pain. I need to do something to keep my mind off the pain and making stuff like this is all that seems to work. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:52 am

Pochi, it's gorgeous! Love Hearts We have so many talented members on this forum, I wish I were on of them, but unfortunately I completely suck at this. Yep, Sadly Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Pochi, it's gorgeous! Love Hearts We have so many talented members on this forum, I wish I were on of them, but unfortunately I completely suck at this. Yep, Sadly Depressed Crying

Thank you for the compliment, zarina! Thank you!
It really means alot for a web designer like me who is not capable of working at the moment.

Making these kinds of stuff is just about the only thing I'm fairly good at. Polosatik is the real artist in this forum, and Star85 is totally pro level when it comes to singing! You should've seen the beautifully designed CD labe and covers polosatik made, and Star85's original song sung by her fabulously in the CD, when we collected music from participants in the FB group for Mao as a suggestion of what kind of music we'd like her to skate to in Sochi season. Alokya wrote a heartwarming letter to send along with it to Mao, too. It was hand written cause in Jpn hand written letters are still considered the most formal and respectful way to send a message. There were 3 Jpnse members who helped out in translating and hand writing it into Jpnse as well. polosatik even designed an original letter sheet for both Eng and Jpnse letters to be written on. I only edtited and burned the CD, then packed everything in a decorated gift bag and sent it to Mao's management company. We'll never know if Mao will ever have the time to listen to the 3 CDs we sent her, it was alot of hard work for everyone, but still we wanted to do it. I love you

I think most of us Mao fans have something we do best, and you're no exception zarina. I hope we can work on some project for Mao together in the future! It's lots of fun and it makes the participants feel more closer to eachother in the end. So do consider joining the FB group, too. There's a link to it in my signature. sunny
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Thank you for the compliment, zarina! Thank you!
It really means alot for a web designer like me who is not capable of working at the moment.

Making these kinds of stuff is just about the only thing I'm fairly good at. [b]Polosatik is the real artist in this forum, and Star85 is totally pro level when it comes to singing! You should've seen the beautifully designed CD labe and covers polosatik made, and Star85's original song sung by her fabulously in the CD, when we collected music from participants in the FB group for Mao as a suggestion of what kind of music we'd like her to skate to in Sochi season. Alokya wrote a heartwarming letter to send along with it to Mao, too. It was hand written cause in Jpn hand written letters are still considered the most formal and respectful way to send a message. There were 3 Jpnse members who helped out in translating and hand writing it into Jpnse as well. polosatik even designed an original letter sheet for both Eng and Jpnse letters to be written on. I only edtited and burned the CD, then packed everything in a decorated gift bag and sent it to Mao's management company. We'll never know if Mao will ever have the time to listen to the 3 CDs we sent her, it was alot of hard work for everyone, but still we wanted to do it. I love you

I think most of us Mao fans have something we do best, and you're no exception zarina. I hope we can work on some project for Mao together in the future! It's lots of fun and it makes the participants feel more closer to eachother in the end. So do consider joining the FB group, too. There's a link to it in my signature. sunny

Wow, I had no idea you guys did this. It's amazing! Many Hearts I really hope Mao will recieve this amazing gift.

I don't have a facebook account and to be honest I don't want to create one, so I'll have to pass on amazing activities you guys do there... Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Love Hearts PPotato! This is sooo beautiful!

I wish I could do this-I have a lot of good ideas but I can't execute any of them.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:11 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
Love Hearts PPotato! This is sooo beautiful!

I wish I could do this-I have a lot of good ideas but I can't execute any of them.

l-spiralmao, I'm sure you can become able to make digital images like polosatik, the admins(they're really good at it too!) and some others and I here in the forum...all you need is to get yourself a soft like photoshop, learn the basics and then make lots of images and experiment on them. I started using it in my 20s, but it took me years to become pretty comfortable in using it. You're much younger than me, so you can get a head start which is good. Trust me, anyone can do it once they put their mind on these things. It's not as hard as it seems, and for a person like me who can't draw pictures, sew tissue box covers for skaters etc., it's just about the closest thing I can do to hand crafting something. I love you
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:43 am

Oh I love it!!! And thank you so much for the nice compliments Smile
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 am

This is so beautiful Kayo! Thank you for makinh a Liza card! Wonderful artwork Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am

Star85, polosatik thank you back for your compliments. Smile

And Asya...how can I possibly leave out Liza!? She's my most favorite Russian lady right now. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Star85, polosatik thank you back for your compliments. Smile

And Asya...how can I possibly leave out Liza!? She's my most favorite Russian lady right now. Love Hearts
Ohh, I'm so happy to hear that!!! You know she has facebook account and she loves Japan and Japanese fans, if you can cheer her before Europeans she would be so thrilled!!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Thank you Pochinko for giving us so many beautiful montages and pictures!! Thank you! They're so beautiful! (And, the complete cards image is already in my Desktop!)
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
Thank you Pochinko for giving us so many beautiful montages and pictures!! Thank you! They're so beautiful! (And, the complete cards image is already in my Desktop!)

Thanks for using this, Mao2012!
I hope all the skaters I included here gets to go to Worlds, or at least 4CC...Will Plush be in Worlds this season btw? I'm not fans of all the skaters in the cards, but I respect all of them. And when you lay them out like this, it's fascinating that we have so many pretty and handsome skaters all over the world! Love Hearts

Alot of people say Kiira gets beauty points, but if it were up to me, I'd give all of them beauty scores as well! Laugh
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Thank u so much Pochi, I love the wallpaper, my favorite image is from Dai Wub
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:07 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:

I hope all the skaters I included here gets to go to Worlds, or at least 4CC...Will Plush be in Worlds this season btw? I'm not fans of all the skaters in the cards, but I respect all of them. And when you lay them out like this, it's fascinating that we have so many pretty and handsome skaters all over the world! Love Hearts

Alot of people say Kiira gets beauty points, but if it were up to me, I'd give all of them beauty scores as well! Laugh
Probably no: the RSF is already thinking about who they want to send to worlds, and it will probably be someone between Kovtun and Voronov...
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:

Probably no: the RSF is already thinking about who they want to send to worlds, and it will probably be someone between Kovtun and Voronov...

I see...maybe the Russian Fed wants to have thier younger skaters have more experience in major intl competitions. Plush already has enough experience, so I suppose they're going to make the right choice. In the wallpaper I had to chose Plush to represent mens in Russia. I think Plush's followers are getting better little by little, but still it's difficult to make out who's most promising amongst them. Sad

Ken, thank you back for your compliments. I thought of using a photo of Dai from this season, but his mambo pro and costume was so unforgettable and unique, I chose that photo instead. Plus I wanted different colors for all the skaters...that was the part which was most difficult in making this wallpaper. Alot of guys wear black based costumes! When you lay them all out, it's like they're all going to a funeral or something... Laugh
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
see...maybe the Russian Fed wants to have thier younger skaters have more experience in major intl competitions. Plush already has enough experience, so I suppose they're going to make the right choice. In the wallpaper I had to chose Plush to represent mens in Russia. I think Plush's followers are getting better little by little, but still it's difficult to make out who's most promising amongst them. Sad

But since placement at the worlds will determine the spots for Sochi, wouldn't it be better if Plushy competed? I mean I understand why he/Fed doesn't want it, but still...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
see...maybe the Russian Fed wants to have thier younger skaters have more experience in major intl competitions. Plush already has enough experience, so I suppose they're going to make the right choice. In the wallpaper I had to chose Plush to represent mens in Russia. I think Plush's followers are getting better little by little, but still it's difficult to make out who's most promising amongst them. Sad

But since placement at the worlds will determine the spots for Sochi, wouldn't it be better if Plushy competed? I mean I understand why he/Fed doesn't want it, but still...
Well, Plushy himself doesn't want to go to Worlds, it's not only Federation decision.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Well, Plushy himself doesn't want to go to Worlds, it's not only Federation decision.

I know, it's why I used he/Fed. Razz I wonder why Plushy doesn't want to compete at worlds, is it just because of his knees, or is he affraid how he'll place there, with Dai, Yuzu and Patrick? scratch
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I know, it's why I used he/Fed. Razz I wonder why Plushy doesn't want to compete at worlds, is it just because of his knees, or is he affraid how he'll place there, with Dai, Yuzu and Patrick? scratch
hehe, I guess both. He's not young anymore and he has ability to skate in two competitions in a year, more his health can't handle. Plushy knows what is capable of doing and showing, so he decided not to compete with his rivals for now and wait till Olympics)
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

hehe, I guess both. He's not young anymore and he has ability to skate in two competitions in a year, more his health can't handle. Plushy knows what is capable of doing and showing, so he decided not to compete with his rivals for now and wait till Olympics)

Oh well...if it was Plush's decision as much as it was the Russian Feds', I have no complaints though I did want to see him in Worlds this season. I hope he'll be more fit for next season anyway. I'll always be rooting for Plush as much as I do the same for our Jpnse skaters. Im already confused which male skater I'd like the most to win Sochi gold...Plush or Dai? Btw, although I think Yuzu has a good chance too, I just don't think it's his time yet. He's young enough to have another shot at the Olys after Sochi, and he has to overcome his stamina issues anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:06 am

I'd love to see Yuzu win in Sochi, the same with Dai (though seeing Morozov at his side and his gloating if Dai would win... Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad ). But I agree with you Pochi, I think it's to soon for Yuzu, but then this is Olympics, so anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skater playing card wallpaper   skater playing card wallpaper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skater playing card wallpaper
Page 1 of 1