Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao up for greatest skater?

Go down 
+17
bellarina
ddmm
Yunamao
kaarolcia
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
SpecialK
polosatik
BowbowDaijin
PochinkoPotanko
MaoMaoRevolution
MOACHANTHEBEST
klarification
aoi88
Star85
alyssa
Figure_skating_love
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Mao up for greatest skater? Empty
PostSubject: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Anyone seen this?

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=361758

I find facebook's interface very stupid at times (so far as compatibility is concerned) so i don't know whether or not Mao's position was voted on already, i think in general it's a weird idea, you have to got to U.S. figure skating on facebook and vote for favorite person through polls (a slightly unstable and unreliable system in my opinion)

Let me know if anyone has any luck with this, i really want Mao to win! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:53 pm

I'd seen this, it looks like a new version of that "score the skaters yourself" or sth like this during olys. As I don't have a facebook account, I can't vote for it. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:37 pm

That was weird... I didn't even see where you can vote, but I don't have a facebook, so I guess I can't vote anyway. The match ups aren't even very logical or fair. I mean, Mao is up against an icedance pair Question
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Star85 wrote:
That was weird... I didn't even see where you can vote, but I don't have a facebook, so I guess I can't vote anyway. The match ups aren't even very logical or fair. I mean, Mao is up against an icedance pair Question

My thoughts exactly, but then again i don't think it was done with the intention of there being any rhyme or rhythm to it
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:43 pm

for those who do have facebook however the poll to vote for Mao is here:
https://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/index.php?pid=1273155584
please do vote quickly as she's behind, that is if you find it necessary, the whole system seems rather weird to me Smile
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:49 pm

I voted. cheers The game works in levels, so if Mao wins this round, she advances to the next and eventually it ends in a final round with only two skaters I guess. Anyways, please vote guys. I don't want Mao to be out in just the first round. Yep, Sadly It's easy to set up a facebook. cat And you don't need to use it that often. I neglect mine most of the time. geek

ETA: Mao is still behind in the polls Depressed Crying Weird that Mao is losing against ice dancers that I am not too familiar with, but I guess they have a lot of fans. Anyways, please vote for her everyone, so she can advance! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:11 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I voted. cheers The game works in levels, so if Mao wins this round, she advances to the next and eventually it ends in a final round with only two skaters I guess. Anyways, please vote guys. I don't want Mao to be out in just the first round. Yep, Sadly It's easy to set up a facebook. cat And you don't need to use it that often. I neglect mine most of the time. geek

ETA: Mao is still behind in the polls Depressed Crying Weird that Mao is losing against ice dancers that I am not too familiar with, but I guess they have a lot of fans. Anyways, please vote for her everyone, so she can advance! Thank you!

Mao's out first round! No
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I am not too bothered since I don't think most figure skating fans even take this seriously. The system isn't even logical!

So Mao fans, let's not be disheartened!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:17 pm

klarification wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I am not too bothered since I don't think most figure skating fans even take this seriously. The system isn't even logical!

I can understand, but it just kind of annoys me that the Yuna fans got 2800 votes for her on this in a matter of like 3 hours, if Yuna deserves to be on top so does Mao
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:29 pm

klarification wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I can understand, but it just kind of annoys me that the Yuna fans got 2800 votes for her on this in a matter of like 3 hours, if Yuna deserves to be on top so does Mao

I think Yuna fans are very tech savvy and she has a lot of facebook fans. I think there's still time to vote for Mao because the new voting starts when the next set of polls are shown.
Back to top Go down
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:14 pm

I must say that There are so many Koreans immigrating to north America and it is almost scary. Here ins Washington D.C. area, every year. Korean population is increasing. They come America usually with a lot of money and they start business. They do work really hard and once they become comfortable with living in America, they start bringing their familys, uncles, aunts, parensts,cousins and so on. They are also very serious about children's education. Many Koreans come here so that their children will be educated in Ivy league colleges such as Harvard, Yale,Princeton etc. Naturally, they get to learn English well enough to post in Golden Skate, ISU blog and so on. Whereas Japanese fans are not so used to make opinion in English, And most of them are in Japan. They are well educated but do not have a good command of English as much as koreans here. There are so many Koreans who have facebook acount, twitters but I do not think so many Japanese people do. Those Koreans here in america have a lot of power to influence American media and maybe politics, too. Yuna did a good job hiring Orser who has alot of support in North America and you know why she chose Gershwin and James bond music for Olympic. She tried really hard to appeal to North Americnans . Also Korean government really focus on English education.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:18 pm

aoi88 wrote:
klarification wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I think Yuna fans are very tech savvy and she has a lot of facebook fans. I think there's still time to vote for Mao because the new voting starts when the next set of polls are shown.

Yes, I even have some friends of Korean descent that voted for Yu-Na just because she's Korean, even though they have no idea what person she is up against or pretty much anything about skating. Some of them eve have told me that they prefer Mao's skating Neutral
There's a really huge mass-internet-rally behind Yu-Na pretty much every time she's up for anything, so I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up winning the whole thing. I lost my faith in internet polls completely after that Time 100 vote Disappointed.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:16 am

aoi88 wrote:
Mao is still behind in the polls Depressed Crying Weird that Mao is losing against ice dancers that I am not too familiar with, but I guess they have a lot of fans.

Get real aoi, my friend! The French ice dancing pair couldn't possibly have more fans than Mao. Those who don't like Mao are just voting for them. Very Mad

Btw I did promote the poll and asked for those who favor Mao to vote for her in my blog as you requested...unfortunately there aren't that many facebook registered folks in Japan, so I'm not sure my readers can be supportive that much. Plus, unlike Korean folks, we're not so enthusiastic about our skaters or musicians to be noticed world-wide (i.e. Time poll Rolling Eyes ). Well, that's why we end up losing alot of things, so it wouldn't hurt to adopt that Korean spirit a bit maybe... Depressed Crying

Last edited by PochinkoPotanko on Sat May 08, 2010 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:47 am

As Japanese are familiar to Mixi than Facebook, Mao will lose in some rounds.

Because I'm not Japanese, so I can understand why Continental Asian are good
at English. It's the door to success. Many people in my country also tried hard
for English. They spent much money for TOEFL so they can go to study abroad
and has better income outside the country. The same as Korean. While Japanese
don't care English. The interesting point is that Japanese try not to use English
when they go abroad but go to some language school and learn language of the
country they want to travel. Some told me directly that using English cannot
tell what's in heart so they try not to use English pidgin.

The other idea is that, they have plenty of ideas. Japanese is quite maniac so
there are many translations so Japanese have no need to read original English
text. That's why English is not developed in this country so much. I don't mean
every Japanese's English is bad. There are a few who can, but that "a few" really
have great English competence.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:09 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
Mao is still behind in the polls Depressed Crying Weird that Mao is losing against ice dancers that I am not too familiar with, but I guess they have a lot of fans.

Get real aoi, my friend! The French ice dancing pair couldn't possibly have more fans than Mao. Those who don't like Mao are just voting for them. Very Mad

Yea I don't think so either. But they are pretty accomplished pair, since they medaled at multiple World Championships and won the OGM. Sigh, I am a little disappointed that not many of her fans on facebook are voting for her. She does have like over 9000 members on her facebook site, and I did put a notice on it. Yet, her votes are still not increasing much. Sad Anyways, there's still time to vote (I think before Tuesday cause that's when they get out the new set of polls). So if you haven't voted, do so quickly!. Thank you!
And thanks Pochinko for helping me gather votes. flower
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:36 am

please do vote quickly as she's behind, that is if you find it necessary, the whole system seems rather weird to me Smile
The poll isn't working for me, can someone post another link to it? I can't vote for some reason. The button vote isn't working!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:40 am

aoi88 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Yea I don't think so either. But they are pretty accomplished pair, since they medaled at multiple World Championships and won the OGM. Sigh, I am a little disappointed that not many of her fans on facebook are voting for her. She does have like over 9000 members on her facebook site, and I did put a notice on it. Yet, her votes are still not increasing much. Sad Anyways, there's still time to vote (I think before Tuesday cause that's when they get out the new set of polls). So if you haven't voted, do so quickly!. Thank you!
And thanks Pochinko for helping me gather votes. flower

Despite them being a pretty well known pair, you would think that as a current and popular skater up to this time, that Mao would have more votes, generally the more recent skaters should have a lot of votes.

polosatik wrote:
The poll isn't working for me, can someone post another link to it?

I'll try but i don't think there is another one No
I really wish that they would use a system other than fb it can be horribly flawed at times Very Mad
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:40 am

polosatik wrote:
The poll isn't working for me, can someone post another link to it? I can't vote for some reason. The button vote isn't working!

Really? Shocked You can try going to the main page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Springs-CO/US-Figure-Skating/209118026341#!

Then scroll down and you see the list of polls and click on it again to see if it works. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:28 pm

aoi88 wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Really? Shocked You can try going to the main page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Springs-CO/US-Figure-Skating/209118026341#!

Then scroll down and you see the list of polls and click on it again to see if it works. Hope it helps.
Thanks, but it still not working No
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:55 pm

polosatik wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I clicked on Mao's name on the voting page...is that all I had to do?
Btw, polosatik wriitng 'The button vote isn't working!' & 'It's still not working' seems as if the Mao in her signature banner is saying it, being all anguished about the situation...cute! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:06 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Btw, polosatik wriitng 'The button vote isn't working!' & 'It's still not working' seems as if the Mao in her signature banner is saying it, being all anguished about the situation...cute! Hell, no!

There should be a vote button. Hmm.. I wonder if it's technical difficulty that is preventing people from voting. scratch Because some people have responded to my post on facebook, but it's not translating to more votes. If that's the case, then it is really frustrating. Drama!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:07 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
polosatik wrote:

haha! ROTFLMAO yeah... finally it worked! Everytime I clicked on it I got an error page, now I finally voted! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:34 pm

I think there is definitely some kind of a technical problem - when I clicked on the "Vote" button, nothing happens and it says "Error on page" in the status bar on the bottom of the page. I have tried it several times from different computers but no luck No

But I think (I hope) I might have figured out how to get around it...

Instead of going to this URL https://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/index.php?pid=1273155584

go to the main page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Springs-CO/US-Figure-Skating/209118026341#

then scroll down until you see Mao's name, and click on Mao's name. It might take you to a page which asks you for permission to allow access to certain info on your Facebook page - in that case click on the "Allow" button, close the page, and then go back to the main page link above and click on Mao's name again. If it worked, it will take you to the result page and says "Thank you for voting".

This worked for me, and for 2 of my friends. Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:40 pm

We still have a chance ROTFLMAO I asked people from Russian forum to vote, two of the members have already voted, hope there will be more to come!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:41 pm

SpecialK wrote:
go to the main page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Springs-CO/US-Figure-Skating/209118026341#

This worked for me, and for 2 of my friends. Hope this helps...
Thank you!

I was starting to lose hope that I wouldn't be able to vote. Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao up for greatest skater?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next