Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Junior Worlds 2013

Go down 
+9
Alokya
roma
ddmm
polosatik
Mao2012
zarinaballerina
l-spiralmao
dangerous_angel_face
josling
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:44 am

Junior Worlds are starting tomorrow so I thought of starting a thread...!

I always hated eurosport because they didn't pay attention to figure skating but this season... Shocked I wonder what changed in their mind!!

Eurosport coverage: http://tv.eurosport.com/search.shtml?query=figure%20skating

Event Website: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2013/

Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:20 pm

On the one hand, I'm happy that Eurosport is paying more attention to figure skating. On the other hand, for people like me who only have Eurosport 1. . . Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Any predictions?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Wait, are you saying Eurosport is showing JUNIORS?!!! Shocked OMG, what happened? Finally! cheers

I-spiralmao wrote:
Any predictions?

Elena Radionova will win in ladies (unless she has a massive meltdown), an american will win mens (I'm just not sure which one), russians will win in ice dance and we'll probably see a russian sweep in pairs.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
and we'll probably see a russian sweep in pairs.
There is no Russian pair in the top3! Razz But I'm really happy for Yu-Jin, I hope they'll win another medal!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
and we'll probably see a russian sweep in pairs.
There is no Russian pair in the top3! Razz But I'm really happy for Yu-Jin, I hope they'll win another medal!

well, they missed top 3 by 0.4 points, so anything can happen in the free. Razz i can't believe i've forgotten about Chinesse. Embarassed Go China!

I'm watching pairs free on Eurosport and I'm confused, why did they start an hour later? the scheduled start was at 7 pm they started at 8pm. Whirly I just hope Eurosport will show all the groups.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

I'm watching pairs free on Eurosport and I'm confused, why did they start an hour later? the scheduled start was at 7 pm they started at 8pm. Whirly I just hope Eurosport will show all the groups.

There were some problems with the Zamboni. It seems that there was snow on the ice, so they couldnt start... I took quite long to fix it...! Wink
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:26 am

josling wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

There were some problems with the Zamboni. It seems that there was snow on the ice, so they couldnt start... I took quite long to fix it...! Wink

Thanx, Nicky explained it at the end of competition. Europsort broadcasted it until the end, I was worried they'll stick to their original schedule, luckily they didn't. Very Happy

I'm still shocked that americans won, IMO they were overscored if you compare them to Chinese and russians. Suspect Especially chinese pair was hammered by the judges. I would've given them a higher score.

Can't wait for the ladies today.
Go Lena!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 am

this has been a weird competition. my heart goes out to Park So-Youn for having to wait until the orgnisers sort out whatever problem they have with her music (if that is the problem) and also for Kim Hae-Jin for also having to wait. It's taking a looong time, hopefully it won't mentally upset them.

I wonder if both of them will be allowed to take extra time for warm up.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:43 am

oh My God!! ladies SP is a complete disaster Sad
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 am

What happened ?? any stream ?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:47 am

polosatik wrote:
oh My God!! ladies SP is a complete disaster Sad

And also full of weird scores. Mad The good side though is that there's only 2 point difference between the first and sixth place, so tomorrow is going to be ineteresting.

Is it just me or was it really weird watching Cesario (who's 19) and her sassy Carmen among all these babies.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 am

ddmm wrote:

The highest score is 54+, there were many mistakes. And right after So-Youn was supposed to skate there was a problem with her music and she and her team mate had to wait for 20 min before it got solved.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 am

Last edited by roma on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 am

Here's the protocol for ladies. I'm really surprised about all these URs in Miyahara protocol. her jumps looked rotated in the slow-mo. scratch

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2013/wjc2013_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Edit: roma has beaten me to it.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:07 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ddmm wrote:

The highest score is 54+, there were many mistakes. And right after So-Youn was supposed to skate there was a problem with her music and she and her team mate had to wait for 20 min before it got solved.

thank you for explaining ! no luck for the korean skaters today.

i'll have to see the videos. The scores are quite close from 1~ 7th.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am

What I find weird is that full of UR protocol and e , I mean Lena doesn't have it. Well, very very strange competition. And poor Korean girls, it's just very unprofessional for Junior Worlds to have such problems.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

polosatik wrote:
What I find weird is that full of UR protocol and e , I mean Lena doesn't have it. Well, very very strange competition. And poor Korean girls, it's just very unprofessional for Junior Worlds to have such problems.

That flip looked really weird, I'm surprised she got e on it instead of UR. the take off edge looked ok. And the UR on 3lutz Rolling Eyes, I must be blind coz I didn't see it. i'm seriously surprised to see this on Lena's protocol and none of it on Julia's. This whole competition is weird, yesterday with the pair judging (which was IMO ridiculous) and today with ladies. and again Miyahara's jumps looked rotated, tiny but still rotated even commentators said it and look at her protocol. Shocked WTH is going on?!

And organizers must really pull their act together, first there was a problem with ice/zamboni yesterday and today problems with music (I think it was the equipment). Yes problems can happen, but I agree with polosatik, this is starting to look unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 pm

WTF

Lena 5th (Sad), Haejin 11th (Sad), the music issue ( Rolling Eyes ), everything which had to do with pairs ( affraid )

What is going on??????????
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:21 pm

It's also starting to look like they don't care about junior worlds to make sure that it's organized and runs smoothly and effectively, which is disgusting if that is the case. ISU, please do something and pull this event together. Just because it's a junior competition doesn't mean it's inferior, and if they are treating it that way - shame on them. These guys are the future of figure skating, and their events need to be done properly.

Last edited by Alokya on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

That flip looked really weird, I'm surprised she got e on it instead of UR. the take off edge looked ok. And the UR on 3lutz Rolling Eyes, I must be blind coz I didn't see it. i'm seriously surprised to see this on Lena's protocol and none of it on Julia's. This whole competition is weird, yesterday with the pair judging (which was IMO ridiculous) and today with ladies. and again Miyahara's jumps looked rotated, tiny but still rotated even commentators said it and look at her protocol. Shocked WTH is going on?!

And organizers must really pull their act together, first there was a problem with ice/zamboni yesterday and today problems with music (I think it was the equipment). Yes problems can happen, but I agree with polosatik, this is starting to look unprofessional.
I was surprised about UR on lutz too, I thought I had problems with my eyes. Rolling Eyes This is very bad for the sport, yes it's junior competition and what then? It's still important, this is the future of FG, and I think ISU should be penalized for it.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:26 am

It seems there are a lot of issues in this competition. And those Korean girls. I feel sorry for them. Today is the last day of competition, right? I hope things will finally go smoothly.

OTOH, I'm quite happy our male skater, Michael Christian Martinez, placed 4th in the SP. Unlike our other skaters who competed for the US then switched countries, he's home grown. It should really be tough to train here with only 2 skating rinks available (and always full) and spend only two months overseas (most likely during summer break) for more ice training -- not to mention very expensive. That height on his 3A and his Biellmann! Shocked I hope he gets more support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKkfVeEytKM
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:38 am

The second to the last group should have started already but the ISU results page is still not updating. Has something happened again? What kind of Junior Worlds is this?
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:37 am

roma wrote:
The second to the last group should have started already but the ISU results page is still not updating. Has something happened again? What kind of Junior Worlds is this?

The absolute worst organized one in recent history Mad
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
roma wrote:

The absolute worst organized one in recent history Mad

what happened? Europsort wasn't broadcasting so I didn't watch.

Honestly, after hearing what kind of organization the Italians have at their nationals, I'm not surprised that things are going so wrong here. And speedy was there yesterday when they had to stop the competition for 20 min to solve the "music" problem, I wonder what he was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Junior Worlds 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Worlds 2013   Junior Worlds 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior Worlds 2013
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next