Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Grand Prix Circuit

Go down 
+9
Mao2012
ballerinamao
Lady_in_black
roma
Asada_Rising
joyfuls
helen91
zarinaballerina
Alokya
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

2013 Grand Prix Circuit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:18 am

Asada_Rising wrote:
helen91 wrote:
I read it on a forum so maybe it's not an official rule (I really hope it's not Mad)
I dont think that rule is true because for an athlete to compete in the olympics they must be a citizen of the country they are competing for. For example, Yuna is a citizen of South Korea there for, Can Not compete for the Russian, American, Japanese, Italian, Canadian or French team in any event. Also, if that rule was true Narumi & Mervin would still be together.

I don't think so either, it's the first time that I hear about it. I completely agree with you Asada_Rising, if this were true it would break the most important IOC rule of all (competitor must be the citizen of the coumtry he or she competes for), so this is never going to happen. I think that people on other forum were just speculating what happens to those teams that only have three disciplines and throwing in suggestions, IMO.

Asada_Rising wrote:
I actually think having the team competition before the individual event may actually be better. Like in Gymnastics, the team event serves as a nice warm up to get used to the competitive atmosphear and iorn out the mistakes befor it really counts. If mao was to compete in the team event and japan just happen to win, it will give her a healthy boost of confidence going to compete for her individual event.

True, but on the other hand, competing at Olympics is dificult mentally, so some, especially those who are competing for individual medals would/will want to make a good impression and may tire themselves out, before the "real" competition begins. I'm not a fan of the team competition at Olympics to be honest.

helen91 wrote:
(I think Mervin and Natasha have the upper hand since both have pairs experience and although Natasha isn't as limber as Narumi, she's a jumper.)

I agree, is Natasha a pair skater or was she in singles before she teamed up with Mervin? This will sound mean, but I hope Mervin/Natasha make it to Sochi, so Mervin can show a giant middle finger to Japan Fed (and Narumi) for treating him the way they did. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

2013 Grand Prix Circuit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:10 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

I agree, is Natasha a pair skater or was she in singles before she teamed up with Mervin? This will sound mean, but I hope Mervin/Natasha make it to Sochi, so Mervin can show a giant middle finger to Japan Fed (and Narumi) for treating him the way they did. Twisted Evil

As much as I love Narumi's quirky personality, I kind of hated her for treating Mervin the way she did. Especially when you can tell how badly he wanted to compete with her again through his tweets 2013 Grand Prix Circuit - Page 3 631129
Natasha was a pairs skater before she teamed up with Mervin (she competed at NHK trophy two seasons ago with this other partner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWvwIoHlHs) but she also competed as a singles skater like Jessica Dube did. I love Team Japan more than I like my own country's Team but I will forever be a Mervin fan over a Narumi fan Laughing I can't wait to see their new programs, Narumi has just blogged that both her SP and FS are done.
Back to top Go down

2013 Grand Prix Circuit
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3