Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Grand Prix Circuit

Go down 
+9
Mao2012
ballerinamao
Lady_in_black
roma
Asada_Rising
joyfuls
helen91
zarinaballerina
Alokya
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

2013 Grand Prix Circuit Empty
PostSubject: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 pm

USFSA just released info on Skate America. It will be in Detroit (Meryl and Charlie will be happy on that one) and will be October 18-20. As this is typically the first Grand Prix, that's good info. Please keep this page updated as they release the other Grand Prix locations and dates!

https://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=49134&type=media
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:32 am

And we will know all GP assignments on June 1st.

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 20h
The entries for 2013 @HiltonHHonors Skate America will post on 6/1. What national AND international athletes would you like to see? #SA2013
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Also, news on the SD. According to Lynn Rutherford:

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 2h
Just realized ISU posted 2014/2015 SD requirements; seniors do Paso Doble + Spanish rhythms (i.e. Bolero, Flamenco)

I'm a little done with the Spanish theme after the Tango from two years ago, but at least we won't have program after program of "YEE-HAW!" music!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 am

Alokya wrote:

I'm a little done with the Spanish theme after the Tango from two years ago, but at least we won't have program after program of "YEE-HAW!" music!

THIS. Though I wish ISU would change the rules and skaters would have to do what singles must. Have certain amount of mandatory elements, but skate to whatever music you want. Now ice dancers have almost identical SD programs.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:43 am

At least that will be for the post-olympic season Smile Although I think I'd much rather see Paso than Finnstep at Olys since Finnstep will probably mean a lot of boring programs -_-"
Back to top Go down
joyfuls

joyfuls

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:19 am

Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:23 am

Nocturne at Skate America again! T_T
If she skates it perfectly clean again I might just lose it.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:28 am

Also, Elena will be skating at both SA and NHK with Mao (I can't wait to see how Japan reacts to her skating Smile)
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:58 am

helen91 wrote:
Nocturne at Skate America again! T_T
If she skates it perfectly clean again I might just lose it.
Oh yeah you're right Very Happy
first full year as a senior, she competed SA and NHK. In possibly her last season, she will compete at SA and NHK. Talk about coming full circle. If Mao wins SA, she will have won every event on the GP circuit.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:05 am

Mao has a chance now to finally complete her GP gold collection. And from the looks of it, if she skates clean there she's got very high chances to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:14 am

The ladies rooster is crazily good. This season will be so amazing. We currently have competing for gold at Sochi:
- current Olympic champion, current world champion (2 times world champion) and multiple worlds medalist
- current Olympic vice-champion, 2 times world champion and multiple world medalist
- former world Champion, current worlds vice-champion and multiple world medalist
- we might have if she comes back another 2 times world champion(Miki Ando)
- 2 times US national champion(she defended her title and was the first one to do it in a long time, she is rising to the top, recently won her 2 GP events and is 2012 GPF vice-champion and placed 5th in 2013 Worlds)
- young talented skaters who had some succes on the international scene so far: Adelina Sotnikova (top 10 at her first worlds, current European silver medalist), Kanako Murakami(4th at 2013 worlds, also a Jr world champion), Julia Lipnitskaya(made GPF in her senior debut, also a Jr world champion, this is her first season when she is eligible for Europeans, Worlds and Olympics), Elizaveta Tuktamysheva(top 10 in her debut at Worlds, known for her amazing technique, current bronze medalist at Europeans where she beat Kostner in the LP, she is a Junior worlds medalist and she won both her GP events in her debut on the senior stage, current Russian national champion), Gracie Gold(6th in her debut at Worlds, amazing technique and a rising star. Also a Junior worlds medalist and silver medalist at te last US nationals where she beat Wagner in the LP by some way), Kaetlyn Osmond(also a rising star, mature for a 16 year old but a bit overhyped, but she has amazing potential).
And there are only 3 places on the podium.
Go MAO!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:56 am

I just found out that Mao got skate America, as her second GP this season Shocked
and it's going to be the first GP of the series.

I can't remember when Mao last had to skate at such an early GP, and like you guys have said it's kind of funny that she get's SA and NHK the same as when she first became a senior.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:02 am

joyfuls wrote:
Mao is assigned for SA and NHK Trophy!!

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

yay!!! cheers Hopefully she'll win it, and then she's won everything a non European skater can win. Rockstar

Though my pessimistic side is worried a bit, considering that this is "Scam America" where american skaters always get held up. pale I really don't want to see the 2012 4CC repetition. No

Go Mao, bring it on from the start, and until the end of the season! Cheering

ballerinamao wrote:
I just found out that Mao got skate America, as her second GP this season Shocked

I can't remember when Mao last had to skate at such an early GP, and like you guys have said it's kind of funny that she get's SA and NHK the same as when she first became a senior.

Mao was the first choice for NHK since she's the japanese star, that's why she got SA as her second GP. The last time she skated this early was against Yuna at 2009 TEB, I hope that this time she'll turn 180 degree and skate lights out from the start of the season onward.

The GP assignment is really weird, Yuna got exactly the same GP's as when she first became senior as well. Is this some kind of homage to them from ISU, since it's certain that Yuna is retiring after Sochi and Mao possibly as well.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:14 am

Oh crap, Yuzu got SC and TEB, the same as Patrick "I can fall 3 times and still win" Chan. Depressed Crying Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
joyfuls wrote:
Mao is assigned for SA and NHK Trophy!!

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

yay!!! cheers Hopefully she'll win it, and then she's won everything a non European skater can win. Rockstar

Though my pessimistic side is worried a bit, considering that this is "Scam America" where american skaters always get held up. pale I really don't want to see the 2012 4CC repetition. No

Go Mao, bring it on from the start, and until the end of the season! Cheering

ballerinamao wrote:

Mao was the first choice for NHK since she's the japanese star, that's why she got SA as her second GP. The last time she skated this early was against Yuna at 2009 TEB, I hope that this time she'll turn 180 degree and skate lights out from the start of the season onward.

The GP assignment is really weird, Yuna got exactly the same GP's as when she first became senior as well. Is this some kind of homage to them from ISU, since it's certain that Yuna is retiring after Sochi and Mao possibly as well.

if that was coincidence then it really must be an incredible coincidence.
by the way zarinna, why does Mao getting NHK explain why she got SA? is there maybe some sort of rule i'm unaware of regarding this?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:28 am

ballerinamao wrote:

by the way zarinna, why does Mao getting NHK explain why she got SA? is there maybe some sort of rule i'm unaware of regarding this?

No rule, it's just that the host country gets their first pick from their own skaters, so it was clear from the start that Mao will get NHK and one remaining GP from SA, SC, CoC, TEB and COR. This is why she got assigned to NHK first and then the ISU or whoever makes the decision chose another GP for her. This is why SA is her second assigned GP, despite being the first GP of the season. I hope I'm making any sense. Whirly
I was sure she'll get NHK and CoR, but I love it that she's back to the only GP she hasn't won yet, though I don't like it that Ashley is also there. Hopefully the judging will be fair.

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:40 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

No rule, it's just that the host country gets their first pick from their own skaters, so it was clear from the start that Mao will get NHK and one remaining GP from SA, SC, CoC, TEB and COR. This is why she got assigned to NHK first and then the ISU or whoever makes the decision chose another GP for her. This is why SA is her second assigned GP, despite being the first GP of the season. I hope I'm making any sense. Whirly
I was sure she'll get NHK and CoR, but I love it that she's back to the only GP she hasn't won yet, though I don't like it that Ashley is also there. Hopefully the judging will be fair.

I feel the same way, through I am happy that Mao get's SA. but the two places where they are known to boost there skaters in PCS is SA and SC. it actually wouldn't surprise me if most of the judges chosen there will be north americans.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 am

As far as I know, the world champion can chose his/her GP events. Then, from the remaining four, the silver medalist picks her 2 and the bronze medalist, well, takes what's left. But I am sure there are some arrangements between the power federations and usually the host country pick their own skaters. I doubt Yuna/Caro would voluntarily pass NHK trophy this season since Japan will be the host country for the GPF. It makes sense for Yuna to go to Canada and France, she got the same GP in the season she won Olympics. She skates remarkably well in Canada and I was sure she'll chose to skate there. As for Caro, she most likely preferred Rostelecom Cup with the Olympics being in Russia. And since she withdrew last year from China(and the year before she won it), she probably chose China as her second event. Which means Mao was left with Skate America. She really needs to skate well there as USA federation will push Ashley for the win (I still remember 2 seasons ago a sub-par Czisny - who was the USA national shampion - beat a relatively clean Carolina in Skate America).
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
As far as I know, the world champion can chose his/her GP events. Then, from the remaining four, the silver medalist picks her 2 and the bronze medalist, well, takes what's left. But I am sure there are some arrangements between the power federations and usually the host country pick their own skaters. I doubt Yuna/Caro would voluntarily pass NHK trophy this season since Japan will be the host country for the GPF. It makes sense for Yuna to go to Canada and France, she got the same GP in the season she won Olympics. She skates remarkably well in Canada and I was sure she'll chose to skate there. As for Caro, she most likely preferred Rostelecom Cup with the Olympics being in Russia. And since she withdrew last year from China(and the year before she won it), she probably chose China as her second event. Which means Mao was left with Skate America. She really needs to skate well there as USA federation will push Ashley for the win (I still remember 2 seasons ago a sub-par Czisny - who was the USA national shampion - beat a relatively clean Carolina in Skate America).

Interesting observation, I remember that too, and that was actually the first thing i thought of when I saw which GP Mao was assigned to!

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:55 am

Lady_in_black wrote:

The way I heard it, it's that all the world medalists send their preferences, the world champions are the most likely to get what they want, however those preferences are more like the guidelines for the ISU/host countries, and they are the ones who ultimately make the decisions. So if a world champion wants a certain GP, but the host country does not want the said skater, that skater isn't going to compete there. However, I heard this a few years ago, so things might have changed.

There is no way, that Yuna or Caro would compete at NHK while Mao is left out. Can you imagine what the japanese fans would do?
I read on the other boards that Yuna (supposedly) asked for SA, SC and TEB, so IMO, since Ashley is already competing against her at TEB and let's face it, no matter what she does she isn't going to beat Yuna, SA chose Mao, since Ashley at least stands a chance at winning if Mao makes mistakes.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:01 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

Interesting observation, I remember that too, and that was actually the first thing i thought of when I saw which GP Mao was assigned to!

Same here. I thought of that and of 2012 4CC. Though to be fair, (regarding Alissa-Caro situation) the most schocked person that day was Alisa, she couldn't believe her eyes when she saw that she's in first.

However, SA also has another russian wonder baby- Lena Radionova who is very, very good, so Ashley might get spooked by her. I remember her scared face at last years TEB when she went against Yulia.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:08 am

Quote :

Same here. I thought of that and of 2012 4CC. Though to be fair, (regarding Alissa-Caro situation) the most schocked person that day was Alisa, she couldn't believe her eyes when she saw that she's in first.

However, SA also has another russian wonder baby- Lena Radionova who is very, very good, so Ashley might get spooked by her. I remember her scared face at last years TEB when she went against Yulia.

Elizaveta Tuktamisheva could also surprise, if she is in good condition, and after her skate at worlds I think she will be looking for redemption there. overall it will be one of the most exciting GP of the season.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:21 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

And at last year's GPF Elena had the highest TES in the FS of all the women (senior and junior) 2013 Grand Prix Circuit 226459 Watch out Ashley, my little Elena is a beast 2013 Grand Prix Circuit 393537
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:26 am

So is anybody going to any Grand Prix's? I would love to go to both SC (if Kana was assigned it I would go in a heart beat since Yuzu, Ako and Nobu are already going) and SA but I think with school I may only be able to go to SA if any at all Sad
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:31 am

ballerinamao wrote:

Elizaveta Tuktamisheva could also surprise, if she is in good condition, and after her skate at worlds I think she will be looking for redemption there. overall it will be one of the most exciting GP of the season.

I absolutely adore Liza, however for her to surprise she'll either have to have the skate of her life, or others will have to mess up. I'm saying this because no matter how much I love her, she just isn't getting the neccessary PCS. No

helen91 wrote:
And at last year's GPF Elena had the highest TES in the FS of all the women (senior and junior) Smile Watch out Ashley, my little Elena is a beast Rockstar

You got that right! Yep! It's actually Elena whom I see as a possible upset, if she'll bring it, than even Mao needs to be fairly clean. This kid just has everything! Dance
My wish podium is:
1. Mao
2. Elena
3. Liza
I know this isn't going to happen, but I can dream. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Grand Prix Circuit   2013 Grand Prix Circuit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Grand Prix Circuit
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next