Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rostelecom Cup 2013

Go down 
+24
Mao_Asada_sunrise
aoi88
BRASILwmr
let`s talk
maosukefan
Lelya
BowbowDaijin
Lady_in_black
Alokya
sapphiresky
ballerinamao
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Hotaru
sweetdream
cera
Abdiel
roma
Haidogirl
chapis
Iceriver
zarinaballerina
pearlyriver
shar
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:05 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
I think Julia is more likely to be set up for a bronze if she skates clean and Carol, Adelina, Ashley and Gracie fail to outdo her. She'll have home advantage, but it can't be so ridiculous as to give her silver or gold.
If Julia deserves it, I hope she does make it on podium. But my only wish is for Mao to skate both programs clean, so she can feel complete and satisfied with herself. I think that's more important to her than winning the OGM,
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:23 pm

shar wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Oh my goodness. I don't want history to repeat.
You and me both, but it's up to Mao to make sure that doesn't happen. She has the arsenal this time around, all she has to do is execute it 95-100%.
What happened when Mao competed against Irina? Did Irina have the arsenal, too? It's because Irina ended up getting bronze in 2006 when she got silver in 2002. That's why I'm like, "You've got to be kidding me!"
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
shar wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
You and me both, but it's up to Mao to make sure that doesn't happen. She has the arsenal this time around, all she has to do is execute it 95-100%.
What happened when Mao competed against Irina? Did Irina have the arsenal, too? It's because Irina ended up getting bronze in 2006 when she got silver in 2002. That's why I'm like, "You've got to be kidding me!"
I don't know what happen with Irina, but she never had the artistery like Kwan, Sasha, and definitely not like Mao or Yuna. But Michelle Kwan went from silver in 1998, to bronze in 2002, so i'm hoping Mao doesn't repeat their history. (praying to the skating gods that this doesn't happen) Worship Worship Worship 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:29 pm

shar wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
shar wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I don't know what happen with Irina, but she never had the artistery like Kwan, Sasha, and definitely not like Mao or Yuna. But Michelle Kwan went from silver in 1998, to bronze in 2002, so i'm hoping Mao doesn't repeat their history. (praying to the skating gods that this doesn't happen) Worship Worship Worship 
Oh, I forgot that both Michelle and Irina went from silver to bronze:affraid: . But Michelle's best chance to grab the gold was in 1998. Meanwhile, she wasn't in good mental condition in 2001-2002 season. She ended her coaching relationship with Frank and was inconsistent. Who did she go to the Olympics with, and does any know why she slit with Frank?
I think Mao's in a better condition than Michelle in 2002 and she's also more complete than Irina. So far she's the most skater of the season. She is showing the judges that she's physically and mentally ready to fight for the gold. Everything else is beyond her Who, me? .
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Oh, I forgot that both Michelle and Irina went from silver to bronze affraid . But Michelle's best chance to grab the gold was in 1998. Meanwhile, she wasn't in good mental condition in 2001-2002 season. She ended her coaching relationship with Frank and was inconsistent. Who did she go to the Olympics with, and does any know why she slit with Frank?
I think Mao's in a better condition than Michelle in 2002 and she's also more complete than Irina. So far she's the most skater of the season. She is showing the judges that she's physically and mentally ready to fight for the gold. Everything else is beyond her Who, me? .
I don't remember what happened between her and Frank. I heard it was about money, but who knows? I do recall that she was NOT mentally ready to fight for the gold in 2002. She was having a rough year that season, but my friends and I were hoping she would redeem herself by the time the Olympics came around. So no, we were not really surprised she came in last on the podium. And yes, Mao is in a waaay better position than Kwan ever was in 2001-02, or Irina in 06'.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:03 am

Thank you for the feedback everyone! This has been nagging my head since post 2010 Olympics. If anything, Sasha Cohen is breaking the trend because she didn't get bronze in 2010 after getting silver in 2006. Just a glimpse of hope?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:15 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Thank you for the feedback everyone! This has been nagging my head since post 2010 Olympics. If anything, Sasha Cohen is breaking the trend because she didn't get bronze in 2010 after getting silver in 2006. Just a glimpse of hope?
But Sasha wasn't even named to the Olympics team in 2010. I like her but if I'm being honest, she wasn't determined enough to train for Vancouver.

Looking through the list of Olympic medalists in female skating, there were 2 skaters who first won silver and then came back and won gold. They are Tenley Albright of America and Sjoukje Dijkstra. Cheering Boogie *glimpse of hope*

Mao_Asada_sunrise, have you just gained a new star? Cỏngats:flower: 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:33 am

Reading all your comments about the ladies freeskate, im kinda glad i didnt watched it ..
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:50 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
But Sasha wasn't even named to the Olympics team in 2010. I like her but if I'm being honest, she wasn't determined enough to train for Vancouver.

Looking through the list of Olympic medalists in female skating, there were 2 skaters who first won silver and then came back and won gold. They are Tenley Albright of America and Sjoukje Dijkstra. Cheering Boogie *glimpse of hope*

Mao_Asada_sunrise, have you just gained a new star? Cỏngats:flower: 
Oh my gosh I DID GAIN A NEW STAR!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! SUPER HAPPY!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

However, they both won a long time ago. I'm just looking at recent patterns. Then again, I feel like Mao can break history.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Oh, I forgot that both Michelle and Irina went from silver to bronze:affraid: . But Michelle's best chance to grab the gold was in 1998. Meanwhile, she wasn't in good mental condition in 2001-2002 season. She ended her coaching relationship with Frank and was inconsistent. Who did she go to the Olympics with, and does any know why she slit with Frank?
The rumour circulating about her split with FC, is due to money. FC suposedly asked for a share from Michelle's endorsments and Danny Kwan said no. According to some rumours, Danny was afraid that when Michelle wins the gold, and all the endorsments that would follow, she'd have to share a certain percentage with Frank, so they split. I don't know how much truth is in this though. No one really knows, because neither Frank nor Michelle are willing to share this information, but Danny has been known to be a bit hungry for money. Around 96/97 season (he made) Michelle change her boots to a diferent designer, because this designer was willing to sponsor her, however, she got foot injury/injuries due to new boots.

She went to Salt Lake with her father, which was IMO, one of the biggest mistakes she's ever made. And she paid for this big time.

Mao is in a far better condition both mentally and physically, then Michelle was in 2002. And light years better than Irina was in 2006. IMO, all that Irina had going for her were her jumps, and when those weren't perfect, she lost a lot, because she wasn't an all around skater.

This season, Mao has everything. Two amazing programs, her overall skating is fabulous, and her jumps are almost there. we know she can do amazing 3A and 3-3 in practice, now she needs to find a way to concquer her nerves and bring it to the competition as well.

pearlyriver wrote:
This will sound a bit mean, but IMO, her return, though it was legitimate, was mostly due to publicity. I mean, you can't start training in June 09 and seriously expect to be good enough to get on the Oly's team, let alone win a medal. Sasha is no Yuna, her jumps were never good, so she needed more than an olympic season to be anywhere near ready to fight for the spot. And even if she had made it, she'd never win a medal, let alone gold.

Haidogirl wrote:
Reading all your comments about the ladies freeskate, im kinda glad i didnt watched it ..
The only thing you missed was a lot of hair pulling out of frustration, due to one of the most ridiculous scoring in recent time. I think this is a perfect description of CoR judging. RIDICULOUS.

Mao_Asada_sunrise, congrats on your star! Keep them coming. flower
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:42 am

Congrats on getting another star Mao_Asada_sunrise! Confetti   Only one more to go to become a dedicated Mao fan. cheers 

@zarinaballerina: Thank you for giving us more insight on Kwan, Irina, and Sasha. And I agree with everything you said about Sasha's Cohen. She was always known for falling, we used to take bets on not if she would fall, but how many times she would fall in each program. She was definitely less reliable than Michelle and Irina, even at their worse.

We know even if Japan might favor their own, there will be no ridiculous scoring at GPF as it was in COR. Let's just send some positive vibes to Mao to skate both programs at 100%, and we will worry about overscoring in Sochi once we know who's actually going from each country (except Korea and Italy).  Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 4:10 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Haidogirl wrote:
The only thing you missed was a lot of hair pulling out of frustration, due to one of the most ridiculous scoring in recent time. I think this is a perfect description of CoR judging. RIDICULOUS.
:
This ridiculous scoring here is the same like in the mens competiton from France! Frustrated
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 5:08 am

Thank you zarinaballerina and shar!

Well, the first time Mao won the Grand Prix, it was in Japan, so at least she feels at home! I think... I don't remember her mentioning anything about whether she gets more nervous at home or overseas.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:58 am

How does GP assignment work in Japan? Is it determined by placements at international competitions in the previous season, not the standings at Japan Nats? For ex, Tatsuki placed 9th at Japan Nats last year and he got 2 GP assignments.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Well, the first time Mao won the Grand Prix, it was in Japan, so at least she feels at home! I think... I don't remember her mentioning anything about whether she gets more nervous at home or overseas.
I love how this season is about coming full circle for Mao. She won her first Grand Prix Final, where she made her name, in Japan. Her first and last World Championships are gonna be in Japan (praying that she'll somehow comeback in the future though). Her first Grand Prix competitions were Skate America and NHK.. like this season.

I feel so nostalgic...
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:41 pm

ilovethai wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I love how this season is about coming full circle for Mao. She won her first Grand Prix Final, where she made her name, in Japan. Her first and last World Championships are gonna be in Japan (praying that she'll somehow comeback in the future though). Her first Grand Prix competitions were Skate America and NHK.. like this season.

I feel so nostalgic...
 you made me cry Depressed Crying  , our baby is grown up and she is retiring Bawling Bawling Bawling
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:48 pm

ilovethai wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I feel so nostalgic...
Well, coming full circle might mean something!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 pm

chapis wrote:
ilovethai wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I feel so nostalgic...
 you made me cry Depressed Crying  , our baby is grown up and she is retiring Bawling Bawling Bawling

Hi guys! It's been more then a month since my last post... I've been busy with a lot of matters. I'm trying not to think to much about Mao's retirement, I don't want to be nostalic or sad, I prefer to think this is just another season and not the last season  Depressed Crying  Also, I believe Mao will come back after Sochi, one or two seasons later cheers 

I watched the program's of Julia, Mirai and Carolina at Rostelcom last night, then I went to the "you know who" forum to know what people think about Julia, in general, they think her scores are due to politycs and, off course, they don't lose any opportunity to critized Mao because She is "overscore"... Nothing of this can surprive me, I even agree about Julia, I believe She is a bit overscore on PCs, but what surprise me was that people said that Caro's programs are not good? I think both programs are really good, specially her SP, I really like it! And her Fs is very sexi! I don't know exactly about Julia, She is good but doesn't like me. I think She is not enough good to win the silver or the gold medal at Sochi, I can't believe She won to Caro  Unconscious  Maybe Russia is trying to get the ladies bronce medal at least and you know  wich of the three bigs is the more fragile... In my country We say: "La pita se rompe por el lado más débil" Panic! 

Congratulations for your new star "Mao_Asada_sunrise"  Encore  BTW, If I'm not wrong, Mao said that She loves to skate at home Many Hearts 

I think Mao will win her fourth GPF tittle this season =) I can't wait to the competition start!!!!!!!!Cheering Happy dance Confetti Woot!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Ken Himura wrote:

Hi guys! It's been more then a month since my last post... I've been busy with a lot of matters. I'm trying not to think to much about Mao's retirement, I don't want to be nostalic or sad, I prefer to think this is just another season and not the last season  Depressed Crying  Also, I believe Mao will come back after Sochi, one or two seasons later cheers 

I watched the program's of Julia, Mirai and Carolina at Rostelcom last night, then I went to the "you know who" forum to know what people think about Julia, in general, they think her scores are due to politycs and, off course, they don't lose any opportunity to critized Mao because She is "overscore"... Nothing of this can surprive me, I even agree about Julia, I believe She is a bit overscore on PCs, but what surprise me was that people said that Caro's programs are not good? I think both programs are really good, specially her SP, I really like it! And her Fs is very sexi! I don't know exactly about Julia, She is good but doesn't like me. I think She is not enough good to win the silver or the gold medal at Sochi, I can't believe She won to Caro  Unconscious  Maybe Russia is trying to get the ladies bronce medal at least and you know  wich of the three bigs is the more fragile... In my country We say: "La pita se rompe por el lado más débil" Panic! 

Welcome back:encore: I think both of Carol's programs are mediocre in terms of choreography but it's Carol's skating and generosity with emotion that make them shine through. Carol's layout is easier than Julia and her FP is even busier. On Golden Skate, someone scored them according to the 6.0 system and Mirai came first, followed by Julia and Carol.
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:

Welcome back:encore: I think both of Carol's programs are mediocre in terms of choreography but it's Carol's skating and generosity with emotion that make them shine through. Carol's layout is easier than Julia and her FP is even busier. On Golden Skate, someone scored them according to the 6.0 system and Mirai came first, followed by Julia and Carol.

Thank you! "pearlyriver" I spected more from Lori's coreographies too, but the way Caro skate her programs at COR is really beautiful. I've never been a Caro's fan but I like her skating this season! BTW, I prefer her Imagine Ex more then "someone else" Imagine Ex Yep!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Ken Himura wrote:

Thank you! "pearlyriver"  I spected more from Lori's coreographies too, but the way Caro skate her programs at COR is really beautiful. I've never been a Caro's fan but I like her skating this season! BTW, I prefer her Imagine Ex more then "someone else" Imagine Ex Yep!
Finally someone said it for me affraid . I hate that victory gesture in the middle and praying gesture at the end. Too literal Sleep
Carol turned the overused music into something special. Not to mention that Eva's rendition of the song is also more effective than Avril. Avril sounds like a teenage singer. But suppose both of them place on the podium at Sochi, it'll be awkward to have 2 exhibition program to Imagine Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:57 am

Not related to COR, but, according to:

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20131201-OHT1T00068.htm

Kanako attended a local competition (12/1) and got the score of 53.53 only for her SP. It seemed that she's struggling with the 3-3 jump during the 2nd half of the SP program. Thus, Yamada coach is suggesting the idea of changing Kanako's SP.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:36 am

COHK wrote:
Not related to COR, but, according to:

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20131201-OHT1T00068.htm

Kanako attended a local competition (12/1) and got the score of 53.53 only for her SP. It seemed that she's struggling with the 3-3 jump during the 2nd half of the SP program. Thus, Yamada coach is suggesting the idea of changing Kanako's SP.
I think Kanako should go back to her 2012/13 SP.  That program was so beautiful and she skated to the music very well.  It seems the music of her SP this season is too difficult for her to match the timing, especially for 3-3.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:52 am

linglang wrote:
I think Kanako should go back to her 2012/13 SP.  That program was so beautiful and she skated to the music very well.  It seems the music of her SP this season is too difficult for her to match the timing, especially for 3-3.
Yes, Kanako's Prayer for Taylor program is beautiful. The only minor problem, for me, is that Prayer for Taylor program would be quite similar to the Yentl FS, in terms of style. This might not be of any big deal though...
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:12 am

COHK wrote:
linglang wrote:
Yes, Kanako's Prayer for Taylor program is beautiful. The only minor problem, for me, is that Prayer for Taylor program would be quite similar to the Yentl FS, in terms of style. This might not be of any big deal though...
Agree.  I'm concerned about it, too.  I don't know how judges would evaluate if she skates to two pieces of music in similar style.  But, I think it's more important for her to nail 3-3 than sticking to the difficult tune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rostelecom Cup 2013
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next