Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Figure Skating Championships 2014

Go down 
+43
silenceisgolden
ElleluvsL
polosatik
europeanfan
W0rldTrav3l3r
kazekamihiko
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
MyMao
Batsuchan
Tripleaxelqueen
sapphiresky
Lelya
Lady_in_black
Afsfan
rachmaninoffangel
tigster
Hotaru
Haidogirl
breynows
Samurai Mao
FigureArtist14
itsonlykat
Mao_Asada_sunrise
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Otchoto de mus :3
chapis
illani
zarinaballerina
klarification
BounceAround
Iceriver
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
ballerinamao
shar
roma
emory903
linglang
COHK
let`s talk
jimmyshum_999
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:06 am

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Ok now I'm pissed!!!! They clearly want caro to be in contention for the gold. 37+ in PCS?!!!!!! Mao only got 35+. How is this better than mao for 2 whole points?! Very Mad Very Mad Very Mad Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated  Go to hell judges!

let me join you, it sure is nice to be the judges pet, asking for a fair scores for everyone is probably to much to ask for, but you know what, they inflated her score here, and Mao beat her, they inflated her scores in sochi, and Mao still beat her in the free, and the inflated her score in worlds last year and Mao still beat her free.  I just can't take any of Kostners scores seriously, they so desperately want to keep her in contention.

If Mao stays on, my advice to her, stop trying and just pose your way through a program. Then maybe the judges will start appreciating her. Evil or Very Mad  Very Mad  Rolling Eyes 

Question: has Mao made any definite decision about retirement? Nicky and Chris are saying that this is her last competition.

Go Mao, Kill it on saturday and show those morons who are judging what you're made of!  Twisted Evil  Rockstar 

gracie looked dissapointed. She seems to really believe that nonsense that Frank was saying.

Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:06 am

British Eurosport commentators said this is Mao last SP performance....i guess its really true she's retiring after worlds.. Depressed Crying  I'm still so happy for her, what a special SP the best of her career!  Woot! Wub 
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:11 am

Am I the only one who thinks Ashley's leg going up before her double axel is so unnecessary, it looks tacky. It's just not graceful, or lady like..she looks like shes about to go into a bathtub.. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:12 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
look at the pcs kostner got  Laughing  the judges did everything  to keep her up there
I don't find this amusing.No  just wait until saturday when they'll give Caro the edge over a clean Mao.  pale  Seriously, 37+?! What the actual hell. Come on, her Ave Maria is good, but 2 whole points better than Mao? heck no. Stupid judges. Now all I'm waiting for is for them to give julia 38 in PCS, then my day will be complete.

I knew it was too good to be true, and then these idiots had to prove me right. Very Mad

gosh don't even go there, her programs this year suit her very well this year, playing into her age and "innocence", but just no...
I really hope they don't to that to Mao on Saturday  

zarinaballerina I am going to keep that in mind when I am biting my nails off Saturday!

itsonlykat I don't think she has decided yet, at least she hasn't made any announcement yet, I am still keeping my fingers cross that she doesn't (just mayeb take a season off to rest)

Last edited by emory903 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:12 am

let's just forget kostners rubbish score for now and focus on Mao, she is the new record holder in the sp, I'm soo happy about that flower sunny 

Now imagine if she had gotten the same pcs as our dear kostner  Rolling Eyes  she would have gotten over 80 in the sp Twisted Evil stupid judges
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:17 am

Is anybody watching the stream from japan's fiji tv? I wonder why they don't do any post-skate interviews? or do they only do those at nationals...
Not that I would understand anything but it would be nice to see Mao's reaction to her performance
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:18 am

ballerinamao wrote:
let's just forget kostners rubbish score for now and focus on Mao, she is the new record holder in the sp, I'm soo happy about that flower sunny 

Now imagine if she had gotten the same pcs as our dear kostner  Rolling Eyes  she would have gotten over 80 in the sp Twisted Evil stupid judges

And they say Mao has home ground advantage .......
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:20 am

sweetdream wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

And they say Mao has home ground advantage .......

lol well we surely got to see that, Mao only has herself no matter where she skates
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:24 am

Well lets see that they do with lipy's pcs
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:27 am

emory903 wrote:
Well lets see that they do with lipy's pcs

She got more then suzuki  Laugh 

Last edited by ballerinamao on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:29 am

So here is the PCS score for the top 4:

Mao 35.85
Caro 37.46
Julia 33.71
Akiko 33.68

Caro has beaten Mao in every single component  Suspect Whirly Bribe , Julia got only 2 points less than Mao  LMAO , and she's beaten Akiko's PCS.  LMAO  I just can't...I mean seriously?
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:32 am

Gosh, these pcs are killing my mood... someone needs to upload Mao's sp so I can watch it over and over again, to start off my day with great vibes hahha Very Happy

edit: yay!! its already uploaded!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f04HfUU2aaQ
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:40 am

ballerinamao wrote:

This. If she were skating to her last years SP then I'd understand the PCS difference, but not with Chopin. Honestly, if she skates her heart out on saturday and still gets trumped by kostner...they better not do this. i just might get on that plane and smack some senses into their heads. Twisted Evil Caro's hips shaking, posing through Bolero is nowhere near the level of Mao's Rachmaninov.

That being said, I'm over the moon for the new WR, Dance  I just wish that if judges were overscoring that they would give the same curtesy to everyone else as well, not just a special someone. Evil or Very Mad 

If Mao pulls a Sochi Rachmaninov, what kind of  score you guys think she'll get? I'm thinking around 78 in TES and 73 in PCS. Though PCS should be higher.

Now I'm hoping that Mao skates after Caro, cause I don't want the judges to hold her down, so that their posing princess can win.Lips sealed  I'm sorry that I'm so mean, but I'm just so angry right now. I know Caro is a lovely person and this isn't her fault, but I honestly can't help myself. Escape
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 am

British Eurosport version of Mao's SP. They love her..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5DmwDNtaig
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:59 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

This. If she were skating to her last years SP then I'd understand the PCS difference, but not with Chopin. Honestly, if she skates her heart out on saturday and still gets trumped by kostner...they better not do this. i just might get on that plane and smack some senses into their heads. Twisted Evil Caro's hips shaking, posing through Bolero is nowhere near the level of Mao's Rachmaninov.

That being said, I'm over the moon for the new WR, Dance  I just wish that if judges were overscoring that they would give the same curtesy to everyone else as well, not just a special someone. Evil or Very Mad 

If Mao pulls a Sochi Rachmaninov, what kind of  score you guys think she'll get? I'm thinking around 78 in TES and 73 in PCS. Though PCS should be higher.

Now I'm hoping that Mao skates after Caro, cause I don't want the judges to hold her down, so that their posing princess can win.Lips sealed  I'm sorry that I'm so mean, but I'm just so angry right now. I know Caro is a lovely person and this isn't her fault, but I honestly can't help myself. Escape

I'm so happy for her, and her smile all along the program ... it was magical ....

yes, I hope mao will skate after Caro too, agh, this sport's scoring makes me sooooo mad ... If Mao skates a clean program tomorrow, I think I'd prefer her to retire afterwards ...
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:04 am

I am not so concern about Caro's score right now because I know I would not remember anybody elses' score when Mao wins her third world title on Saturday!  Smile  positive thinking everybody !! SmileSmile
She broke the WR with the SP counting less elements, it just shows what an amazing and marvelous skater she is!!!

However I also do hope that Mao will skate after Caro so they can't mess with the pcs.
I want/desperately hope Mao delivers her long program like she did in Sochi or at lease the best she can, cause that was a performance of a life time; I feel like I am being too greedy if I want to experience that performance again hahaha
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:12 am

emory903 wrote:
I am not so concern about Caro's score right now because I know I would not remember anybody elses' score when Mao wins her third world title on Saturday!  Smile  positive thinking everybody !! SmileSmile
She broke the WR with the SP counting less elements, it just shows what an amazing and marvelous skater she is!!!

However I also do hope that Mao will skate after Caro so they can't mess with the pcs.
I want/desperately hope Mao delivers her long program like she did in Sochi or at lease the best she can, cause that was a performance of a life time; I feel like I am being too greedy if I want to experience that performance again hahaha

I know how you feel. I'm also hoping for a Sochi LP repeat (this ime without UR). I'm keeping positive thoughts, but it's so freaking hard, when judges are doing their BS scoring. Mao's 3A, 3-2, 3 and amazing step seq and choreo is only 1.5 points away from Caro. caro shouldn't have been over 75 IMO.

Anyway, Mao just chill, remember Sochi LP and go out there kicking everyone's booty and show them who's the best!  cheers

@ilovethai, british eurosport commentators are my favourite! not only do they love Mao, but they are fair and kind to every skater, not like many others who are blinded by their biass.

Does anyone have german eurosport? I'm really curious what Ziggy and Hendrick said about Mao's performance. They're not Mao's biggest fans , one of them downright dislikes her with passion (at least he did a few years ago) and they're obsessed with Kostner. So I'm very curious about their commentary.

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 am

wow, I only watched to Mao, but she was incredible, wonderful  Bawling  Worship  Boogie , it is great she did it so great in front of her people. And she definitly deserve her record.
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 am

I'm so glad I stayed up to watch that. Thank you, Mao!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:40 am

The FS draw is up! Caro skates first, Mao third. I think it's a great draw. cheers 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/SEG004.HTM

And here's the protocol.

Mao got +1.86 goe on her 3A! Shocked Dance  But only 1.5 goe on her gorgeous step seq, Caro on the other hand got 2.1 on her steps. Suspect  What am I missing? scratch 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/wc2014_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:26 am

I know that this is Mao forum but it is quite distress to see people here act almost Carolina got this score only because of politic but doesn't have skills to merit her score at all.  silent 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:28 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
The FS draw is up! Caro skates first, Mao third. I think it's a great draw. cheers 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/SEG004.HTM

And here's the protocol.

Mao got +1.86 goe on her 3A! Shocked Dance  But only 1.5 goe on her gorgeous step seq, Caro on the other hand got 2.1 on her steps. Suspect  What am I missing? scratch 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/wc2014_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

The draw makes it interesting
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:35 am

Afsfan wrote:
I know that this is Mao forum but it is quite distress to see people here act almost Carolina got this score only because of politic but doesn't have skills to merit her score at all.  silent 

When a skaters pcs in the sp rises 2-3 points from one competition to another, it's surely gonna make ones lift one eyebrow, do you have any idea how loog it took Mao to rise in pcs? They always give Carolina pcs like candy to her bad skates and as well as to her good ones. look at all the other disciplines like mens and pairs have you seen such a gap between the top skater pcs?? no, and you will not find it, because in no other discipline is the favoritism as obvious as it is in the ladies competition.
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:47 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Afsfan wrote:

When a skaters pcs in the sp  rises 2-3 points from one competition to another, it's surely gonna make ones lift one eyebrow, do you have any idea how loog it took Mao to rise in pcs? They always give Carolina pcs like candy to her bad skates and as well as to her good ones. look at all the other disciplines like mens and pairs have you seen such a gap between the top skater pcs?? no, and you will not find it, because in no other discipline is the favoritism as obvious as it is in the ladies competition.

So what? Is it Kostner fault? And at least she has some really good skate to back up her score, but someone just act like she skate like nothing and get the score just for her face which I think is a bit childish.

Anyhow, I would personally raise Mao PCS up some more and better GOE on step sequence as well.

Oh and if you talk about favoritism, Hanyu who is my favorite seems to be overscored in pcs even more than Kostner.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:08 am

Afsfan wrote:

I've never said Caro isn't good, she's great, but today she didn't deserve those PCS. Or to say it better, if she was given 37+, than Mao should've been given high in 36.

The problem I have with Caro's scores is, that she is the judges' pet. I know it's not her fault, nor any other skaters' fault who get held up, but it's unfair and it is pissing me off. Caro is a beautiful skater and she does deserve high scores here, but not this high compared to others, and after years of seeing this trend when it comes to her, is really upsetting.

I do apologize if I hurt your feelings Afsfan, or anyone else's, this wasn't my intetion, but I do stand by what I said. Caro didn't deserve that score, IMO, she wasn't two points better over Mao in PCS. No way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2014
Page 7 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next