Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which coach would you like Mao to work with?

Go down 
+4
summervie
bibi
inskate
Okami
8 posters

Tatiana Tarasova
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap48%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 48% [ 16 ]
Rafael Arutunian (again!)
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap21%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 7 ]
Machiko Yamada (again!)
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap0%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lee Barkell
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap12%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 4 ]
Nikolai Morozov
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap3%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Alexei Mishin (Eek!)
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap0%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Richard Callaghan
 0% [ 0 ]
Lucinda Ruh (for spins!)
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap9%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Frank Carroll
Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_lcap3%Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Other (specify)
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Empty
PostSubject: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:01 am

Time for some speculations! Woot! Whom would you like Mao to work with? Your choice might be realistic, or you can just vote for your "dream-team"... Thumbs up!

Last edited by Okami on Mon May 19, 2008 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:06 am

I chose TAT! Smile

But it would be nice if Lee was a jump coach and Lucinda a spin coach. flower
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:44 pm

I choose TAT (because I know Mao likes to work with her) and Lee Barkell (because then, she would be training in Canada, so maybe I could visit her!! hahaha)
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:19 pm

How sneaky, bibi! Laughing
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:27 pm

I voted for TAT, because TAT is TAT.
And for Rafael Arutunian, because I really like him. Smile
By the way, every now and then I can't help but wonder how is he (Rafael) doing now (does anyone buy bread in the same store as he?). Not that I am worried or something, but still... -_- When he refused to join Mao prior to the 4CC, there were a few people who considered this action like an act of selfishness or even treachery from his side. Rolling Eyes While I've always watched at this situation more... simple. It's like when a girl leaves her boyfriend, and while the last still can help her to win a piano contest (turning over her sheets of music; for the last time), he refuses. -_- Not because he's a selfish person or bad in some other sense, but rather because it's hard to be close to your beloved in such situation - for many reasons. Disappointed Smile
Here I can't help (again) but recall an interview with Marina Zueva (which was taken during the last Worlds) where she was telling how utterly happy she feels about having a chance to work with such talents like Virtue/Moir. And also that one - where TAT told a story about how she had had a fight for one of her pupils once. Rockstar
There are probably some coaches who work solely for money/fame, but for most of them, I think, figure skating is kind of life, and their pupils - are kind of sense of this life. So I am sort of feel pity for Rafael. Especially, recalling his last appearances with Mao in the kiss and cry, some of which were really sweet. I love you
Sorry for such a long almost-off-topic. -_-
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:16 pm

summervie wrote:
So I am sort of feel pity for Rafael. Especially, recalling his last appearances with Mao in the kiss and cry, some of which were really sweet. I love you
Sorry for such a long almost-off-topic. -_-
Look here at 5:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxg-Omi9D78
He seems really proud of her!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:02 pm

bibi wrote:

Look here at 5:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxg-Omi9D78
He seems really proud of her!
Yes, it seems he is. Smile
That's exactly what I mean. If Rafael hadn't had any affection towards Mao (and instead of this - just some cold, professional, working relation), I assume it would still have been quite hard for him to lose such a pupil. But he obviously had (some affection). That's why I think this split could be quite a hard blow for him. Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:36 am

I still don't know exactly why they were splitting up...
All I know, is that Mao did separate, but the rest...?
Has anyone an article or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:54 am

I picked TAT, because she does a spectacular job. And Rafael because he's just a great coach, you know? (:
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:04 am

Maya wrote:
I still don't know exactly why they were splitting up...
All I know, is that Mao did separate, but the rest...?
Has anyone an article or something like that?

There wasn't any article that would answer the question definitely.

My guess is, after Nationals Mao simply wanted to stay in Japan, with her family, friends and puppies. Plus, I heard that her school wanted her to actually attend some classes in person, to raise the school's popularity. In Japan she also has access to the new state-of-art rink, Chukyo Arena. Rafael, on the other hand, couldn't leave USA as he's been coaching other skaters there . Sad
Back to top Go down
getmewild

getmewild

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm

Tatiana Tarasova....

Tatiana is the one to blame why Mao become so Artistically good...

Rafael too... if he can move to Japan....

Mao seems to love skating and practicing in her home country.... Look at the 4cc and Worlds....
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.blogspot.com
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:20 pm

summervie wrote:
It's like when a girl leaves her boyfriend, and while the last still can help her to win a piano contest (turning over her sheets of music; for the last time), he refuses. -_- Not because he's a selfish person or bad in some other sense, but rather because it's hard to be close to your beloved in such situation - for many reasons. Disappointed Smile

Awww, so romantic. I love that story.flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which coach would you like Mao to work with?   Which coach would you like Mao to work with? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1