Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's new programs - news & discussion

Go down 
+16
FigureSkating36
Yumei
cera
kiki
Erika
getmewild
racyong25
mao1985
summervie
Mirai
Admin
Okami
inskate
Oscilla
bibi
coconut
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:41 pm

I agree with you, kawaiimao. That's very risky indeed, especially in such a challenging program. On the oher hand, it's great to see Mao so confident. Woot!

I wonder if the jump layout has been finalized already. I noticed that in the "Masquerade" pracice Mao does a solo 3F. So does that mean that Mao's combinations have been already planned as 3A-3T, 3F-3L and 2A-2L-2L..? That's almost scary! WOW!

And I just can't wait to see Mao's new programs, or at least some new practice clips! Love And the new layback, and spirals! Love

I hope Mao's preparations are going well. It won't be long before she arrives to France, no? Good luck! Good luck!

And thank you, Oscilla, for the link and the summary! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Me too! Since Cup of China has ended, this is now time for TEB =D!! Can't wait to see Mao new programs...I'm so excited!! The first competition of Mao's season is about to begin =D!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi everyone! (I've been lurking for awhile now but I just had to reply! Love )

I agree that it is risky for Mao to try a 3A-3T, but I want to see her do it! If she gets it ratified, I think it would be the first time any woman has landed it in competition...? (I know Midori Ito has done it in practice.)

What do you think her jump layout will look like, then? I think you guys discussed this earlier in the thread too...

If she keeps the same jump layout as last year and just replaces the 3F-3T with the 3A-3T, then I guess it would look like this:

3A 8.2
3A+3T 12.2
3Lz 6.0
**second half**
3Lo 5.5
3F+3Lo 11.55
2A+2Lo+2Lo 7.15
2A 3.5

Total = 54.45 for base value (wow!)

But maybe she is doing a 3F instead of a 3Lz like inskate said? And I think she'll probably try a 3S, maybe instead of the 3Lo or the 2A? Hmm.

Here's a crazy program idea for Mao. It's probably impossible, but if anyone could do it, it would be Mao!!

3A 8.2
3A+3T 12.2
3Lz 6.0
**second half**
3F+3Lo 11.55
3Lo 5.5
3F+3T 10.45
3S 4.95

10 triples!
Total = 58.85 for base value WOW!

Cheering Mao-chan, GANBARE~~! p(^o^)q

I hope she has a happy, healthy season!!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Quote :

3A 8.2
3A+3T 12.2
3Lz 6.0
**second half**
3Lo 5.5
3F+3Lo 11.55
2A+2Lo+2Lo 7.15
2A 3.5
This is good predictions but I really think she's going to do the 3salchow because it seems pretty secure to her now!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:49 am

Batsuchan wrote:

10 triples!
Total = 58.85 for base value WOW!

That would be fun to see WOW!, but it would be impossible to even try it in competition. Sweatdrop Because of the Zayak rule the skater who has all triples and a triple Axel can do only 8 triples in a program. The Zayak rule says that:
- a skater can repeat only 2 kinds of triples
- if a triple is repeated, it must be in combination

So far, no lady has skated a 8 triples program. For ladies 7 triples program is considering very challenging, because you need a full set of triples and a triple-triple to manage that.

I think that if Mao plans to do two 3A, one in 3A-3T combo, this would be a probable jump layout (provided she has enough stamina):

3A-3T
3A
3Lz
3F-3L
3S
2A-2L-2L
3F

That's 8 triples, 3 combos, full set of jumps. Repeated jumps: 3A and 3F. Extremely difficult. Faint2

Quote :
I hope she has a happy, healthy season!!

So do I! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:19 am

Wow!! 3A-3T!!!! WOW!
I kinda agree with everybody that it is really risky for her, but in the video Mao said that there is still time left for her to challenge new things before the Olympics. so I think if she can handle it for this season, It would be easy for her to jump two 3A in the Olympics and she will have big confidence about it.

I just loooove Mao's attitude that she always challenges something new. She is never satisfied with herself, she really is a fighter!!! Woot! Mao, GANBARE !!!Love
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:59 am

coconut wrote:

I just loooove Mao's attitude that she always challenges something new. She is never satisfied with herself, she really is a fighter!!! Woot! Mao, GANBARE !!!Love

Yes! Thumbs up! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:14 pm

I had no idea there was a limit on the total number of triple jumps in a program! Thanks for enlightening me, z4mboni. Very Happy

If Mao substitutes the 3Lo with 3S and 2A with 3F, then the base value of her jumps would be 56.1.

For comparison, Miki Ando's jump layout is worth 52.3, even with the 4S! And Yu-Na Kim's jump layout is worth 46.95.

I hope Mao skates clean without edge calls or underrotations! Mao for 200+ points!! cheers Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's new programs - news & discussion
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6