Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's new programs - news & discussion

Go down 
+16
FigureSkating36
Yumei
cera
kiki
Erika
getmewild
racyong25
mao1985
summervie
Mirai
Admin
Okami
inskate
Oscilla
bibi
coconut
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:52 am

Wow, I would like to see that 3A-3T Tatiana was talking about! Woot!

Swoon I love the choreography already! It looks like the program is very intricate and rich in transitions. Also, judging from the music, it looks like 3F-3T was is late in the program. I hope Mao doesn't loose stamina! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Erika

Erika

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:37 pm

inskate wrote:
Wow, I would like to see that 3A-3T Tatiana was talking about! Woot!

Swoon I love the choreography already! It looks like the program is very intricate and rich in transitions. Also, judging from the music, it looks like 3F-3T was is late in the program. I hope Mao doesn't loose stamina! Good luck!

I heard somewhere that Mao wants to do 3F-3T in the late of this program.
Plus, she said that she's going to keep moving in this program, so this program is gonna be such a tough but a unbeatable one if she makes it!
I love how she ends the program. Isn't it so passionate? Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 am

Erika wrote:

Wow, very risky! Mao has impressive stamina, but with the current strict rules even the smallest underrotation might cause the jumps to be downgraded.
I wonder how the final jump layout will look like. Maybe, if Mao will attempt two 3A:

3A-2T-2L
3A
3F-3L
3Lz
3S
3F-3T
2A

Because of the Zayak rule the final jump must be 2A because 3A and 3F are already repeated, so 3L can't be repeated as well. Or maybe 3A-3T and 3F-2L-2L would be actually easier (because in the first half of the program Mao would have more stamina) and more point-efficient (2L instead of 2T, with past half bonus applied to it).
With one 3A 3L could be repeated instead. And that's a jump layout made with thought that hopefully 3S will be by that time steady enough to put into the program.
WHat's scare is that there's a lot of challenging jumps, 3A and 3-3's because of their difficulty, 3S because of being quite new, and 3Lz because it's being fixed. No time to rest, really! WOW!

Quote :
I love how she ends the program. Isn't it so passionate? Many Hearts

It's lovely. And I missed that spin position (the final one with leg in attitude). It's very pretty. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:21 am

There's a nice article with an interview translated at FSU:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1890072&postcount=15

Quote :
Mao said, “As for the jumps, I was weak at Salchow and toe loop but she coached me concentratedly. She gave me advice to jump after doing a variety of steps. It became good while repeating it”.

Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Oscilla wrote:

What's scary is that there's a lot of challenging jumps, 3A and 3-3's because of their difficulty, 3S because of being quite new, and 3Lz because it's being fixed. No time to rest, really! WOW!

I agree. I hope Mao will be able to handle this challenge! Good luck!

3S looks great now (the one in the recent video clip), I wish we could see 3A-3T. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Okami wrote:
There's a nice article with an interview translated at FSU:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1890072&postcount=15

Quote :
Mao said, “As for the jumps, I was weak at Salchow and toe loop but she coached me concentratedly. She gave me advice to jump after doing a variety of steps. It became good while repeating it”.

Thumbs up!

Wow, what a great article! Tatiana is a great coach. I'm so happy to see that she can help Mao with jumps as well - people were saing that this is not TAT's forte and that she is better with the artistic side of coaching. But it looks like she can help with the technique too! flower
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:19 pm

*is getting utterly excited about everything written and linked above* WOW! -)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:23 am

A new video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQFDSGu5JEc
(Mostly the same interview with Tatiana and Mao, but some new practice clips at the end.)

Look at the great low sit spin at 02:42! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:18 am

Thank you for the link! I love the spins and steps. flower
Back to top Go down
Erika

Erika

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:41 pm

Oscilla wrote:
Erika wrote:

Wow, very risky! Mao has impressive stamina, but with the current strict rules even the smallest underrotation might cause the jumps to be downgraded.
I wonder how the final jump layout will look like. Maybe, if Mao will attempt two 3A:

3A-2T-2L
3A
3F-3L
3Lz
3S
3F-3T
2A

Because of the Zayak rule the final jump must be 2A because 3A and 3F are already repeated, so 3L can't be repeated as well.
I remember she did 3F-3L in the second half of her FR last year! didn't she? (although they were downgraded..)
Tarasova seemed to say in the video that Mao did 3A-3T in her practice, so this is gonna be her 3A combo? Then the final jump layout is gonna be..

Quote :
Or maybe 3A-3T and 3F-2L-2L would be actually easier (because in the first half of the program Mao would have more stamina) and more point-efficient (2L instead of 2T, with past half bonus applied to it).
With one 3A 3L could be repeated instead. And that's a jump layout made with thought that hopefully 3S will be by that time steady enough to put into the program.
WHat's scare is that there's a lot of challenging jumps, 3A and 3-3's because of their difficulty, 3S because of being quite new, and 3Lz because it's being fixed. No time to rest, really! WOW!
..like your second expectation, I think!
I think she did one 3L in the mid part of the music. so maybe she doesn't try 3F-3L in her LP, altough she did it in her SP in practice!
If she makes these out, I will scream aloud! Worship
The current rule gets very strict, but I believe in Mao Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:04 am

Quote :
I remember she did 3F-3L in the second half of her FR last year! didn't she? (although they were downgraded..)

Actually, all of her 3F-3L attempts in the second half were good and got nice GoEs, except for the one at Worlds. I think initially Mao was just shocked and didn't feel the pain, but as the program went on, her adrenaline level subsided and she started to feel pain and fatigue. That's why she had problems with the spiral sequence and 3F-3L. It's very impressive that she went on despite of that!
Nobunari had an identical fall on his 3A in Four Continents Championships - and because he skated closer to the boards he slammed his head into it when he fell. Sad After that he got up, did a beautiful 3Lz-3T-2L - and then started skating around because the pain kicked in. He missed one spin, but eventually kept skating, nailed a perfect 3A and won the competition. Thumbs up!
I think things like that, like Mao at Worlds, prove that you should never give up! Thumbs up!

Quote :
I think she did one 3L in the mid part of the music. so maybe she doesn't try 3F-3L in her LP

I think the jumps she tried in the practice might be different than those in the final version of the LP. Maybe a 3Lz or 3S will replace 3L eventually, but right now Mao didn't want to do them in front of the camera because she waits until they are perfect? I think she would certainly like to show a cleanly skated program to the press first.
Just like last year, when bibi said that Mao was practicing 3F-3T at Skate Canada, but she put it into her programs only at GPF, when it became more consistent. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Erika

Erika

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Oscilla wrote:
Actually, all of her 3F-3L attempts in the second half were good and got nice GoEs, except for the one at Worlds. I think initially Mao was just shocked and didn't feel the pain, but as the program went on, her adrenaline level subsided and she started to feel pain and fatigue. That's why she had problems with the spiral sequence and 3F-3L. It's very impressive that she went on despite of that!
You are right! With this unbelievable recovery, I re-understand Mao's mental strength is just amazing.
I love her 3F-3L next to her 3A! Love Hearts

I still remember that I was so shocked when I saw Nobunari crashed before he attempts his 3A in his LP at 4CC. One Japanese reporter, who wrote a book about figure skating, said in her book that "the most difficult jump is the one which comes soon after you failed." (I'm afraid my translation makes sense.. Sweatdrop ) Both Mao and Nobu cleared "the most difficult jump". That's why I admire Mao and Nobunari. Very Happy

Quote :
I think the jumps she tried in the practice might be different than those in the final version of the LP. Maybe a 3Lz or 3S will replace 3L eventually, but right now Mao didn't want to do them in front of the camera because she waits until they are perfect? I think she would certainly like to show a cleanly skated program to the press first.
Oh, Yes!

Quote :
Just like last year, when bibi said that Mao was practicing 3F-3T at Skate Canada, but she put it into her programs only at GPF, when it became more consistent. Thumbs up!
I didn't know this! Thanks for telling me. Wow.
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:50 am

Does anybody knows whether TAT is still in Japan or she has already left?
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:55 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading somewhere that she is supposed to be in Russia at this time, and Mao will follow her soon to practice in Russia. Smile
Back to top Go down
Erika

Erika

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 am

Mao will visit Russia in next October to see TAT, and both of them seem to go straight to Eric Bompard!
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks for the info, Oscilla and Erika! Smile
I really hope Mao will be able to celebrate her birthday in Japan this year. sunny
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 8:02 am

It's so quiet about the top figure skating recently~ Like a Star @ heaven

I can't wait for the season to fully start. I'm excited about Junior GP, too... but there are nearly no videos available! Lips sealed

I'm missing Mao's skating a lot... I've just rewatched all Mao's performances from 4CC and Worlds with all the commentaries that I could find. Too sweet!

I really look forward to the new programs, especially footwork... Swoon
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks for the correction, Erika... I thought it was October already! I must be getting old. Too sweet!

By the way, does anyone know when/where this photo was taken?

Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Maoandjteamaurorarinkkt6

I found it by accident on a Korean forum, but as I can't read Korean, I have no idea what the description said. It looks pretty recent though (Mai is wearing her new EX dress and Miki is present). Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:40 pm

I second Oscilla's request; if anyone has the link to some reports, I would love to see them. flower
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 am

Lori Nichol came to Japan!!!! Surprised
Here is a video of her teaching Mao at Chukyo rink!!!

https://www.dailymotion.com/ippanjin2008/video/x6wty8_nhk-news_sport
Back to top Go down
kiki

kiki

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:11 am

This is Mao doing her 3lutz in August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA03Kw2MxkY
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:11 pm

OMG!!! Faint2 Faint2 WOW!

Incredible, just incredible! "Claire de Lune" is going to be a masterpiece. Wub

And the jumps! 3S and now 3Lz! Confetti Mao! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Thumbs up! Mushy Love Rockstar Encore Good luck!

Fantastic! Boogie
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Wow, wow and wow !!! Those videos made my day!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy!!! Clair de Lune is soooo impresive!! And mao did a wonderful triple lutz with a clear outside edge!! She succeed it !! I'm proud of you Mao Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's new programs - news & discussion   Mao's new programs - news & discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's new programs - news & discussion
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next