Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:33 am

While, I support icenetwork for being a place where people can watch lots of figure skating, and get lots of skating info and news, I hate their message boards! You can't say everything you want on them! If you have something bad enough to say about icenetwork, or ISU, they will delete your post. If you put links, or even TALK about other websites not affiliated with ISU, they will delete your post.

I posted a message telling people where they can watch the grand prix, and other events for free ( http://www.cbc.ca/sports/ondemand/ Unfortunately, you must watch most of the events live. But hey, it's better than paying for icenetwork, or not watching it at all. There is a schedule on the site.). Although CBC is the official broadcaster of figure skating in Canada, and are therefore, obviously affiliated with the ISU, icenetwork deleted my post. They do let you put up links for NBC though. I even put up other posts just TALKING about my post, and I didn't include links or even the NAME of the website, and they deleted them too! I censored one of the words in the title of one of my posts, by typing in stars. Guess what they did to that? They reworded my whole title! Now, they've delete my whole account!!

I have since registered at http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ and http://www.isu.org/ to use their message boards. They sent me an email saying I could not log in until I received another email stating that they have confirmed my registration. Well guess what? I never heard back from EITHER of them! This message board is the only one I can use right now! What's up with this?!?!? Is there word out on me that I'm a trouble maker, or that I say things that may be "bad for business"?!?!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:11 am

Star85 wrote:
Although CBC is the official broadcaster of figure skating in Canada, and are therefore, obviously affiliated with the ISU, icenetwork deleted my post.(...) Now, they've delete my whole account!!

I'm not very fond of IN boards either. Their forum software is not very user friendly, and the posters seem a bit biased at times. I've read some really silly ideas there...
I'm not really surprised that they weren't happy with posting the links to free coverage. They want to earn money, and obviously will be unable to if people switch to a free alternative.
Another reason why I dislike IT is because they are asking YT to delete figure skating videos... A lot of great videos were deleted because of them. Personally I think they should just use the golden opportunity and affiliate themselfes with YT. I've read an article recently that there are companies that earn a lot of money thanks to advertisements posted on their content on YT.

Quote :
I have since registered at http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ and http://www.isu.org/ to use their message boards. They sent me an email saying I could not log in until I received another email stating that they have confirmed my registration. Well guess what? I never heard back from EITHER of them!

It takes a day or two to receive a confirmation email from FSU. My friend registered recently and she had no trouble. If more than two days have passed (and you've checked whether your confirmation mail wasn't mistaken by your spam filter for a spam) maybe you should contact the admins. Floskate, one of FSU admins, is a member here, so maybe you could as for help. Smile

I agree that there is something wrong with ISU boards, however. I used to be registered, but my account got deleted because I haven't posted anything for about a year... I tried to re-register recently, two times actually (I waited for more than a week before trying again) but I've yet to receive a confirmation e-mail. My friend Oscilla is in the same board. I was thinking of contacting someone from there through a different forum (I've seen some users from there registered at FSU), but eventually couldn't be bothered to sent a message. Sweatdrop
However, if you wish, I could try it. You've intrigued me, I start to think that there must me comething wrong with the members registration process. Too many people have experienced troubles for it to be an accident. Neutral

You could also try registering at GoldenSkate (http://www.goldenskate.com/forum). flower

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:03 am

Yes, I do hate Icenetwork. I wish they will have less subscribers so they will go bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:06 pm

I'm sure they weren't happy that I posted a link to free competition, but if they were running a GOOD message board, they wouldn't be so censor happy. (They even censor out Dick Buttons first name on there Rolling Eyes.) And they wouldn't go back on their agreement, saying that you CAN talk about, and post links that are affiliated with icenetwork or ISU. And deleting someones post for talking about what they were talking about in previous posts, without mentioning any names and being very discreet about what exactly they were refering to?! I was starting to feel pretty oppressed. I do think that the line needs to be drawn somewhere. Like when people are posting spam or death threats, but for the most part, I think an American board should obey the freedom of speach ammendment. Cool

I registered at those two sites over a week ago. I guess I will just try to register again or something. Thanks for the link to golden skate. I will check that one out Smile Who is YT?...
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Star85 wrote:
I registered at those two sites over a week ago. I guess I will just try to register again or something. Thanks for the link to golden skate. I will check that one out Smile Who is YT?...
YT is youtube. Razz I personally wish IN wasn't so stringent on policing the video sharing sites IMO, because deleting competition vids by the bucketload isn't going to do anything in spreading the word about the sport, especially with LA being the host for Worlds this year. What can you do, though... Business will be business, and varying companies will approach the sharing/copyright deal differently. Lips sealed Gone are the days when McDonald's and beer companies sponsored the sport, that's for sure. No

Generally speaking, I feel the IN boards doesn't have alot to offer since their discussions are heavily centered around American skaters and no one else, really (understandable, since it serves the U.S. first and foremost). Some of their threads that attempt to examine the "decline" of skating is intriguing though, and it's probably the best one I've found concerning the subject aside from FSU.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:45 pm

Oh. Gosh I didn't know icenetwork was making youtube delete figure skating videos! I guess if it's origonal icenetwork video, they have the right to do that. But I've never seen anything on youtube that was from icenetwork. Not that I know of anyway. I've never even beeen able to find full competitions on youtube. Just individual skates. So I don't know what icenetwork has to be so worried about. God, they want a monopoly on figure skating really bad. And since they charge for their service, that's a really bad thing. A lot of people, especially new fans, won't pay to watch skating.
Back to top Go down
bleedingblades3

bleedingblades3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:41 am

Yeah, Icenetwork and NBC hate their videos on youtube. I can't find a single copy of the US nationals 2008 on YT because icenetwork and NBC had their copies deleted.

The icenetwork message boards are very biased, and IMO, don't waste your time there ^_^ they only ever talk about the Americans, and they don't really have much information. It's not a very welcoming site.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:18 pm

I came across a site I'd never heard of before called http://www.truveo.com
Maybe you all know what it is already, and I've just been living under a rock, but when you search for videos on there, it searches youtube, myspace, google, aol... pretty much any site out there that has videos. It's a pretty cool resource. I couldn't find any full figure skating competitions on there, but plenty of individual skates.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:15 am

Thank you, Star85! That's an interesting site. Definitely makes searching for figure skating videos easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!   Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else hate icenetwork and other message boards?!?!
Page 1 of 1