Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canadian commentary on mao's FS

Go down 
+4
Star85
inskate
polosatik
bleedingblades3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bleedingblades3

bleedingblades3

Canadian commentary on mao's FS Empty
PostSubject: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOG1guT7o0w

CBC said that that was the first time any woman has landed 2 3As in one program, but didn't Mao land two at NHK? Or was it UR or something? Also, the commentators were saying [right before her footwork sequence] that this program was too robotic or something, and at the end during the slowmo replays they were talking about TAT and her new programs. They said it was too repetitive or something... i disagree. the program never gets old! I just wasn't sure what CBC meant by that... any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:12 am

For me it's really strange, I remember some of our girls here said that first time then Kurt saw this porgram he loved it silent Tracy...not her fan either, don't like her commentary. I think they don't like russian choreography at all,so here you got your result Laughing Or may be they don't like Tatiana? Laughing Not good for them. Anyway, I like this program, Mao likes it, and we all like it, no matter what others think about it Wink
And eh, at NHK one of triple axels was UR.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 am

There was a discussion about CBC commetary in the GPF thread... It really looks like Kurt and Tracy don't like anobody with Russian choreography. They were really harsh on Miki, too. It's like they sat there chatting where the interesting part in the choreo happened, then, when the jumping passes came, they were like: "This program is nothing but jumps". scratch
It seems really weird to me, because I remember the CBC commentary as being quite objective, but now Tracy seems to sing praises only of the Canadian skaters, or those with Canadian connections (choreo, coaches). I love many Canadian skaters, but I'm annoyed that other skaters get almost bashed. Lips sealed Maybe it's a part of Skate Canada (the federation, not the event) marketing strategy - but personaly I preref if the skaters do the talking with their skating! (V/M for Olympic gold! Laugh) Yep!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:27 pm

bleedingblades3 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOG1guT7o0w

CBC said that that was the first time any woman has landed 2 3As in one program, but didn't Mao land two at NHK? Or was it UR or something? Also, the commentators were saying [right before her footwork sequence] that this program was too robotic or something, and at the end during the slowmo replays they were talking about TAT and her new programs. They said it was too repetitive or something... i disagree. the program never gets old! I just wasn't sure what CBC meant by that... any thoughts?

Yes, the 2 3As at NHK were under rotated. I still prefer her NHK performance to her GPF performance though.

I remember the commentary you are talking about. Compared to Mao's other programs, I can see where Masquerade may seem more robotic and repetitive to some people. One reason for this may be that Mao's concentration shows a lot more on her face in this program, where in other programs, it's usually her emotion. I have said before though, that this just tells me that the program is challenging her, and I'm glad to see her keep pushing herself, and trying new things. I didn't really like Masquerade at first either, but it grew on me, and I like it now. I do prefer Mao's usual style over this though.

As far as her program being all jumps? How can you complain about that?! I love watching jumps, and if someone wants to do the max amount, more power to them! I would complain about someone not doing enough jumps.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
sky

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:08 am

Tracy is full of confidence but I think she is lacking in study sometimes.

Although she said that this was the first time Tarasova made Mao's program, but I remember that Tarasova made a choreography for Mao's SP 2007 and ......Mao jumped 3A and 3a-2t at 2005 Japan Nationals FS.
I think it is not first year that Mao succeded 3A twice in one program.
I checked it on Youtube.

Does anyone know that it is true or not true that Tracy coaches Yuna?

If so, it might be natural that Tracy doesn't leave good comment for Mao.

Last edited by sky on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:59 am

Yes, I seem to remember she helped Yu-Na with her footwork last year; maybe she still does help out. But while she was admirative of Yu-Na (and rightly so, I have to admit), I notice her praises were especially centered on Joannie. It's good that Joannie gets attention from her local media, but it sometimes gets excessive... Like when Mao skated her LP at GPF and Tracy talked about Joannie and had not much good to say about Mao. I think CBC is trying to attract more viewers and casual fans for the Olys by putting emphasis on the Canadian team. And since Yu-Na has heavy ties in Canada, she gets added to the mix.

I have to admit I was slightly bothered that they forgot all about Mao in the wrap up of 4CC though... I mean, she won the free didn't she? Oh well... it looks like a matter of politics more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:10 pm

This is straying slightly off-topic, but here's an article that talks about Yu-Na and Tracy Wilson:
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/2007/DECEMBER/INDEX.PHP

Actually I happened to find this yesterday, since I was trying to find out what Yu-Na Kim's sister does. Sweatdrop I guess she's not a skater, not like Mai Asada.

Ugh, I am not pleased with the CBC commentary this year regarding Mao.

sky - you are right, the commentators made multiple mistakes - saying that Mao trains in Tokyo, that this was her first time working with TAT, etc.

I understand that the media in Canada and US want to promote their skaters, but it just makes me so Very Mad when they overly hype the US/Canadian skaters and belittle/ignore the Asian skaters...
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:53 am

bleedingblades3 wrote:
I didn't really like Masquerade at first either, but it grew on me, and I like it now.

Oh, same here! When I first watched this LP, I thought it was all too confusing. I think it was because it was packed so full with content that I could only appreciate the program after multiple viewings. I love it now and apart from Czardas, this one's my favourite LP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadian commentary on mao's FS   Canadian commentary on mao's FS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian commentary on mao's FS
Page 1 of 1