Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Empty
PostSubject: TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?   TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is in the forum somewhere (sorry if it is!) but I was looking at Mao's 2007 GPF LP, and I was wondering what Tarasova was saying! confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBBS1CaWQPo

I think I read somewhere that TAT was very enthusiastic and mad that Mao lost, even with her triple axel...but I'm not sure.

If any of our Russian speakers has time at some point, I would be very appreciative if you could summarize! Worship

This reminds of the Korean documentary that they did on Yu-Na Kim, in which TAT and Machiko Yamada (Mao's former coach) were interviewed.

(This is the first part, but I think it's in one of the later clips:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjYL3z9bOkk

Yamada-sensei was saying that Yu-Na would likely beat Mao, but TAT said something like "If Mao is at 100%, she will always beat Yu-Na." I was very impressed when she said that! Thumbs up! And I thought, Mao needs a coach like that, someone who believes in her wholeheartedly. Love
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?   TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:15 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Hmm, I'm not sure if this is in the forum somewhere (sorry if it is!) but I was looking at Mao's 2007 GPF LP, and I was wondering what Tarasova was saying! confused

I think I read somewhere that TAT was very enthusiastic and mad that Mao lost, even with her triple axel...but I'm not sure.

If any of our Russian speakers has time at some point, I would be very appreciative if you could summarize! Worship
I just *love* that TAT's commentary. It's full of concern and love, even despite the fact that Tatiana didn't work with Mao full-time back then.
Actually, I've made a translation of it around the time it was posted on YouTube, you may find it in the related topic (GPF 2007). Or... you may read it just two lines downstairs. Rolling Eyes
Some old mistakes are corrected, some new ones are acquired. It seems the whole eternity has passed since then. And still, even one year hasn't.

*a lyrical pause*

The man (Vasiliy): In the short program she hasn't managed to show the best result...
TAT: Maybe I've done something wrong with the entrance (into the 3flip-3loop combo)... I have adviced her ten times already to change it... she doesn't want, because during the trainings she does it (3f-3l) ten times out of ten.
And to storm into the training process of Rafic (Rafael) Arutunian also isn't very tactfully... not into the training process, but kinda into the competitive one... he leads her during the competitions, he knows her well...

01:10
TAT: Axel, 3 and a half turns...

01:36
TAT: 3-3 with toeloop, she's doing it for the first time...
Toeloop is underrotated, but will they (judges) count it or not - this is another question...

02:12
TAT: Lutz.
With a mistake on the last phase (the edge)... but very beautiful and clean.
She is taught to do it this way (the wrong edge).

02:40
TAT: Spirals...

03:00
TAT: Loop... from a very difficult entrance.

03:17
TAT: Flip-loop! Here it is!! 2:34 (here she counts the time of the program).

03:34
TAT: Axel. Loop. Loop.

03:42
TAT: Combined spin...

04:22
TAT: Amazing step sequence made by Lorie Nicole... Amazing!..

04:55 (Mao finishes her program. Here TAT calls her "molodets" and "umnitsa", which is the way parents in Russia often call their children when they achieve something great. Smile)
TAT: Molodets! Just umnitsa!! Smile (And you have to hear the expression with which TAT says this. Smile)
Vasiliy: Skating like this... one can win...

5:15
Vasiliy: Emotions from the beginning and to the end... Mao Asada has won over all circumstances that have bothered her during the whole season.
TAT: She has given her all!.. has given her all... Has proved herself that she can!.. But there is a problem with the SP. Just with the first cascade. But here she has shown that there is no such a thing (a problem)! Simply to put that cascade not on the first place (in the program), and that's it!

05:46
Vasiliy: What an emotional "outburst"...
TAT: Yes, and that is very right... Real, wonderful... (As I understand here she is talking (with a very caring voice) about Mao, while seeing her crying and smiling at the same time. Smile )
Vasiliy (interrupts): Look, the fans have run, run off their seats... to congratulate her. Smile
TAT: I am very glad for them... for Rafic, and for her... She is a marvelous girl! Just a MARVELOUS!! (06:01 - you have to hear this.) She can do very much... but one must go through sufferings... through sufferings... you can't achieve anything just out of nothing. She is a real star, she is a hardworking person... (06:15 - the most moving moment of the whole commentary, as for me.)
She will achieve everything!

06:41 (During the replays.)
TAT: This is how they (the italians) shoot - voila, and cut the legs off.
The man: These are the italian TV surgeons.
TAT: *laughing*

06:52 (During the replay of the spins.)
TAT: Ah, what a delight! What a "molodets"! Something (she) has underrotated, but this doesn't matter, she has tried during the second part of the program the 3-3 cascade, she has tried today to do the cascade with toeloop... Toeloop isn't her best jump, she was missing it often the last year - when she was doing axel with toeloop... But this is the real skating!

07:19
Vasiliy: "Underrotated" - do you mean the jumps or maybe the combined spins?..
TAT: No, I... (interrupts herself while seeing Mao crying, smiling and waving her hand Very Happy) Sweet, sweet, so nice... so marvelous baby girl! Very Happy

07:46
TAT: And a very good program. Lorie Nicole has changed it...

Then, the man begins to count the elements, while TAT adds that she (TAT) "can't to ride off there and to change the program (her SP)". The man says about the wrong edge deduction "-1" and TAT replies that "and OK, let it be -1, not a big deal!" Then they have a short comments on one of Mao's spins, and that's it.
Smile

Last edited by summervie on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mitsuno

mitsuno

PostSubject: Re: TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?   TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:04 am

summervie wrote:

TAT: I am very glad for them... for Rafic, and for her... She is a marvelous girl! Just a MARVELOUS!! (06:01 - you have to hear this.) She can do very much... but one must go through sufferings... through sufferings... you can't achieve anything just out of nothing. She is the real star, she is the hardworking person... (06:15 - the most moving moment of the whole commentary, as for me.)

Wow, thanks for the translation summervie!!! Thank you!
TAT's comments just makes me want to cry. I guess Mao's challenging spirits are one of the factors that attract her fans. I'm really happy TAT is her coach cheers
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?   TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 am

Thank you, summervie! Daisies for you

Quote :
TAT: This is how they (the italians) shoot - voila, and cut the legs off.
The man: These are the italian TV surgeons.
TAT: *laughing*

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?   TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:18 am

Laughing Oh eh, I love Vasya's and TAT's comments! Very enjoyable to hear!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?   TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:34 pm

summervie wrote:

TAT: I am very glad for them... for Rafic, and for her... She is a marvelous girl! Just a MARVELOUS!! (06:01 - you have to hear this.) She can do very much... but one must go through sufferings... through sufferings... you can't achieve anything just out of nothing. She is a real star, she is a hardworking person... (06:15 - the most moving moment of the whole commentary, as for me.)
She will achieve everything!

Yes she will!! Cheering

Thank you so, so much summervie!! Worship

Aww, I love TAT's comments!! I'm glad that Mao is working with someone who cares about her so much. Wub
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?   TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAT's commentary at 2007 GPF?
Page 1 of 1