Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression

Go down 
+7
MikiAndoFan#1
bibi
MaoMaoRevolution
summervie
clovera
polosatik
Okami
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Empty
PostSubject: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:57 am

http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/ando-looks-to-improve-artistic-impression

Quote :
As the new season approaches, world bronze medalist Miki Ando is concentrating on improving the artistic component of her program. (...)
She now puts more emphasis on understanding the meaning and the theme of the music as she skates. ‘‘I think I had the image of being strong at jumps, but figure skating must also be expressive. I thought I lacked that part so I am practicing to get higher presentation marks.’’

Cheering

Quote :
Ando, who was in Russia last week to ready her new costume for this season’s program, characterizes her short program music as ‘‘different’’ and her free skate music as ‘‘telling a story of a woman.’’

Intersesting! And I wonder why Miki went to Russia to have her costume done. I thought Nikolai designed them and they were created by a (Russian speaking) lady in USA? There was one fluff about Nobu and Morozov bickering about colors (it was hilarious ROTFLMAO) and Nobu being measured to fit the costume. In the background there was Miki's "Giselle" costume. I thought the clip was filmed in New Jersey..? (Maybe not.)

Quote :
‘‘I want to see the reaction of the audience and the judges,’’ Ando said, looking ahead to her first appearance of the upcoming season at the Cup of Russia in Moscow on Oct 23-24.

I can't wait! And I'm so curious what music Miki & Nikolai have picked. Happy dance
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:11 am

Are you talking about this lady ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCfQqNWXGpE And it's great to hear that she wants to make a dress for Mao Smile
All Miki's dresses are Suspect I really hope that new ones will be better.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:18 am

polosatik wrote:
Last season's weren't too bad...I personally wasn't too fond of the Giselle dress though. Razz Miki's Organ Symphony costume, however, was gorgeous. Swoon

The Morozov camp is killing me with their silence concerning Miki's music picks for the Olympic season.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:47 am

polosatik wrote:
Are you talking about this lady ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCfQqNWXGpE And it's great to hear that she wants to make a dress for Mao Smile

No, the lady in the Morozov team clips looked a bit older and had short, blond hair. I don't think she was a designer (like Tania), I think she was a tailor.

I'll search for the clip, maybe somebody will be able to identify her. Smile

Quote :

Aw, I love most of Miki's dresses! I think the only ones that I didn't like were Samson & Delilah (too bright colors), Carmen (could be great, actually, if it wasn't so overdone) and Chairman Waltz SP (mostly because the burgundy EX dress was so gorgeous and suited Miki so much better).

Clovera, actually one of the reason's I was sad that Miki gave up her Giselle program was that I loved the dress. Laugh It made Miki look so youthful. The colors were great, and the sleeves were quite original. I loved the Organ Symphony dress, as well. Thumbs up!

Quote :
The Morozov camp is killing me with their silence concerning Miki's music picks for the Olympic season.

Me to... Some time ago Miki said that she will probably reveal her music choices once her SP is finished. Then she jokingly added that she has half a mind to keep her choices secret until the season starts... Well, her SP had been completed before The Ice. Faint2 I thought she would reveal her choices during the show or in a documentary, but it looks like she really might keep her choices secret... Drama!
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:25 am

polosatik wrote:

clovera wrote:

Last season's weren't too bad...I personally wasn't too fond of the Giselle dress though. Razz Miki's Organ Symphony costume, however, was gorgeous. Swoon
Okami wrote:

Aw, I love most of Miki's dresses!
See, you're in the minority here, polosatik! Sleep
You know, the first thing I'll do after seizing the power over this forum (with the help of my local Chinese friends, naturally) is put our with Evan pictures on the front page and deny you all the access to all Miki Ando-related topics. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 am

summervie wrote:
polosatik wrote:

clovera wrote:

Okami wrote:

See, you're in the minority here, polosatik! Sleep
Yeah, I see Sweatdrop I always thought that her dresses are overdone, too much of different pretty things! Hell, no! I'm for simplicity! That's why I love Mao's dresses Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:08 am

On the subject of dresses...
Does TAT have a dress theme for Mao? It seems like all her dresses seem similar in one way or another since TAT started designing them (her black lace dress and Caprice dress in particular). I think they are all beautiful but I've noticed a pattern... Laugh
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:26 am

I don't know if Tania Bass was Miki Ando's designer last year but she certainly has been for Miki's LP dress at Worlds in 2007. http://taniabass.com/product-popup.php?id=mikiando01
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:34 am

I'm so happy to know some news about Miki!

Many Hearts

Okami wrote:
I can't wait! And I'm so curious what music Miki & Nikolai have picked. Happy dance

Me, too! I'm dying to know their music choices!

Worship

Okami wrote:

I love most of them, too. I also like her two Scheherazade dresses, her Violin Concerto she used at Worlds and probably my favourite are her Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence she used at the Olympics and her Requiem. And I also think Mao's dresses are amazing, especially the ones she started using at the 2008 4CC and last season's dresses. Just gorgeus!

Oh, my! I can't wait!

Drama!

Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:42 am

bibi wrote:
I don't know if Tania Bass was Miki Ando's designer last year but she certainly has been for Miki's LP dress at Worlds in 2007. http://taniabass.com/product-popup.php?id=mikiando01
Yes, so that's why I was thinking that this year dresses will be by her, but it's not true Razz
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 am

For me, by a long long long way, Miki's best dress ever is her Requiem one. It looks so gorgeous on her. The length, the colours and the cut are amazing. But like polosatik, I'm not a fan of her recent dresses (except maybe the LP at the end of last season). I think they're usually too colourful and a bit overdone. But she's so beautiful that she can pull them off, so good for her Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:18 pm

polosatik wrote:

Wow, that is such a cool clip!! Of course she wants to design for Mao; who wouldn't want to design for such perfection?! Hell, no! That's like the Japaense designer who wants to use Mao as a model, because she says Mao has a beautiful body. flower

@ MaoMaoRevolution - Mao is a big fan of the chokers/neck ornaments, it seems. Very Happy I generally really like Mao's costumes though; they're so PRETTY!

Miki's costumes are definitely interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm

It might be a little bit off topic here.
But since we have mentioned about mao's costumes, anyone has any idea about who designed that gorgerous dress for Mao's nocturne program.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Sorry for the late reply! I caught awful flu yesterday, I didn't even feel like getting up today. Unconscious

I found on my HDD the clip I was talking about. I uploaded it here:
http://okamidesu.wrzuta.pl/film/aUb5XmLnswz/nobunari_oda_stretching_costumes_fluff
(The site is in Polish, but I think it's pretty easy to use. Just wait patiently about 3 seconds for the advertisement to finisg playing, it's very short.)
I didn't want to upload it on YT, because I'm pretty sure it has already been uploaded... I just forgot by whom, and I feel too sick to search for it. Sweatdrop

After the part about stretching, the fluff about the costume starts. There's Miki's unfinished "Giselle" costume. The lady who sews the costumes speaks Russian - she speaks Nobu's measurements aloud (warning, not worksafe shirtless clip! ROTFLMAO )

Nobu & Morozov bickering about colors ROTFLMAO

I really liked this costume design for Nobu's Masquerade. Too bad Nobu kept his old costume (I read that his SP outfit was created before he switched coaches). Maybe Nikolai really had the costume done in orange and green, and now it's hanging somewhere to teach other skaters to be more cooperative. Laugh
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:57 am

That was fun! Laugh

Please no pink for the free skate. It reminds me of MaoMaoRevolution's "Gymnastics" clip... ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 am

Batsuchan wrote:
@ MaoMaoRevolution - Mao is a big fan of the chokers/neck ornaments, it seems. Very Happy I generally really like Mao's costumes though; they're so PRETTY!

I know! I've always been in awe though of how Mao is able to skate so well in such heavily decorated costumes. They are so beautiful, like the maroon one she used this season--but it had so many frills and bunches of fabric that it really impresses me she can skate with so much on! Shocked

inskate wrote:
That was fun! Laugh

Please no pink for the free skate. It reminds me of MaoMaoRevolution's "Gymnastics" clip... ROTFLMAO

Too sweet! Yes, we definitely wouldn't want that...
But...if she does use pink though, I'll be responsible for the scarring of people on this forum Hell, no!

Okami wrote:
Sorry for the late reply! I caught awful flu yesterday, I didn't even feel like getting up today. Unconscious

Thank you for the video! Watching Nobu always makes me smile...and wow, he's got some really good flexibility in his arms. Haha, designers must like working with him, he gives them total creative license ("Any color!")

Also, I hope you feel better soon!!!!
Take care. flower
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:35 am

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:

But...if she does use pink though, I'll be responsible for the scarring of people on this forum Hell, no!

Haha... I meant Nobu, actually - when Morozov started suggesting outrageous color combinations in the clip (orange-green for SP and pink for LP ROTFLMAO ) Nobu was like "Fine! Let's do that!" and "Pink is cute!" And it reminded me of your clip, because "Nobu" was wearing a pink unitard in it... Laugh Escape I wonder if he would still thought it was cute when he saw it! ROTFLMAO

But I don't mind pink, as long as it's not an unitard worn by a male skater! Laugh
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:28 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:

Thank you for the video! (...)
Take care. flower

Thank you, MaoMaoRevolution! Smile I feel better today and I keep trying to force myself to do something constructive; like finish a new iGoogle theme and forum layout or watch Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner and 2001: A Space Odyssey (which I need to do to write my MA paper. I think. Unless I change my mind about the topic. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:49 pm

inskate wrote:
Haha... I meant Nobu, actually - when Morozov started suggesting outrageous color combinations in the clip (orange-green for SP and pink for LP ROTFLMAO ) Nobu was like "Fine! Let's do that!" and "Pink is cute!" And it reminded me of your clip, because "Nobu" was wearing a pink unitard in it... Laugh Escape I wonder if he would still thought it was cute when he saw it! ROTFLMAO

But I don't mind pink, as long as it's not an unitard worn by a male skater! Laugh

If Nobu did it I would feel even more guilty!
Or maybe there would really be no need to feel guilty because Nobu skating in a pink leotard would probably scar people in itself Fried

But on the other extreme...it could be oddly cute... sort of

Okami wrote:
MaoMaoRevolution wrote:

Thank you for the video! (...)
Take care. flower

Thank you, MaoMaoRevolution! Smile I feel better today and I keep trying to force myself to do something constructive; like finish a new iGoogle theme and forum layout or watch Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner and 2001: A Space Odyssey (which I need to do to write my MA paper. I think. Unless I change my mind about the topic. Laughing )

It's good to hear you're doing better~
There's nothing to motivate you more than making Mao graphics or watching 80s Sci-Fi films!
Good luck on your paper, too (even though it sounds like a pretty fun one to do research on from what you've said) sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression   Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando looks to improve artistic impression
Page 1 of 1