Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joannie Rochette Interview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Joannie Rochette Interview Empty
PostSubject: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:19 am

http://www.rds.ca/amateurs/

what's she saying?
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 am

do you mean that?
http://www.rds.ca/amateurs/chroniques/272198.html

if so, I'll translate it for you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 am

bibi wrote:
do you mean that?

There was a video on the site. The title was 'Marc's entretient avec Joannie Rochette'. It may be same as this artice, but I don't know if this article is about this interview. Bawling In the video, I think she is talking about SOI and Vancouver?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am

Her long program music choice is Samson and Delilah. Smile
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:22 pm

coconut wrote:
bibi wrote:
do you mean that?

There was a video on the site. The title was 'Marc's entretient avec Joannie Rochette'. It may be same as this artice, but I don't know if this article is about this interview. Bawling In the video, I think she is talking about SOI and Vancouver?

Oh! I just found it Smile
Here's the translation:

2:40: We've talk the last time in March when you were coming back from Los Angeles, where you won the silver medal. Do you get use to this new title?

2:33: Joannie: Yes, more, because I've done the Stars on ice tour and each night, they introduced me as the silver medalist at worlds, so it's starting to stick into my head. But it has not stop since....and...it's also a good sign when those things are happening like this..

2:19: You have the impression now, that all the training years and all the hours that you put on that are starting to pay off to something concrete.

2:11: Joannie: of course yes, I'm training for that since I'm three year old maybe to get a podium and to add to that, there has never been a Quebecker who had reach a world podium before...so it was really a nice goal that I've fixed to myself this year, but to realize it, I was really relieve and proud of me.

1:54: Yes, the firs Quebecker, but it has also been about 20 years that a Canadian reached the world podium before you, right?

1:49: Joannie: Yes, since Elizabeth Manley in 88. So it was a long time ago.

1:47: This is a real good achievement. Tell me, you're coming back from a tour with stars on ice, how did it go?

1:42: Joannie: It went really well, but the only regret I have is that we did not get the chance to stop in Montreal. However, we have a show this saturday on May 30 at Montreal University, it's call Hope on ice and all the money raised there will be given to the cardiology's institute of Montreal, so it's really a wonderful cause.

1:25: It's with your troop?

1:23: Joannie: No, it's another troop. It's a variety show. It many arts put together. So, singing, acrobatics, dancers, skaters. So, It really will be a beautiful show. Also, Don Jackson world champion, Gary Beacom, so there will be big names. I really hope many people will come and the tickets are on sale on ticketpro.ca.

1:02: May 30th.

0:58: Joannie: Yes, this saturday finaly.

0:57: Perfect Joannie, So what's next for you? You're in preparation for Vancouver Olympics.

0:52: Joannie: Of course, even if my season isn't totally over, I'm already starting to prepare for the olympic games. Last week, I went in Toronto to learn my new long program that I'll present in Vancouver. So, it's really excited because we choose our music 8 months in advance, so it was really an important choice. I've the feeling that we made a really good musical chose and the choreography fit me well I think:

0:27: Are you allowed to tell us your music choice?

0:24: Joannie: Yes, I think, it's on Samson and Delilah. I think it's a beautiful story that I can personify, this is always important. It's also always easier for me to enter in a character body when I skate.

0:13: Thanks a lot Joannie to have participate in our tv show and we were happy to see you.

0:10: Joannie: It's my pleasure.

0:09: And comeback to see us, and have a wonderful time this saturday! Thanks

0:01: Thank you very much!

****I think that's a wonderful music choice!! I wanted to skate maybe to this music for my new program next year, but I think I'll not chose this....because everyone here in Quebec seems to only know Joannie Rochette in figure skating, so I'll get a lot of comments I think! hahah!****
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 am

Thank you for the information and translation, polosatik and bibi!!! Very Happy

I thought she was gonna keep her Aranjuez program for this season.
I like her new music though. Cool
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:42 am

Thanks for translation! Thumbs up!

I wonder which "Samson & Delilah" will it be? The one Miki skated to, or the one used in Jeff's Olympic LP?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joannie Rochette Interview   Joannie Rochette Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joannie Rochette Interview
Page 1 of 1