Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Yu Na News - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Apparently Yu-Na's skipping the Grand Prix series and is focusing on Worlds for next season...hmmm... not sure how I feel about that.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:01 pm

bellarina wrote:
Apparently Yu-Na's skipping the Grand Prix series and is focusing on Worlds for next season...hmmm... not sure how I feel about that.

Is this confirmed?

Rockstar Rockstar Rockstar I like it. bring it on. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Michelle took a similar route post Olympics. However, I feel it is risky for a skater's first competition of the season to be Worlds. Other skaters in the past at least took part in their nationals which served as a good warmup. Hmm.. we will see, I guess. cat
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:
alyssa wrote:
Star85 wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
YUNA WON THE POLEMIC 'GREATEST EVER'

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100716&content_id=12282374&vkey=ice_news

Congratulations for Yuna and her fans. Daisies for you

I can't believe that lame poll made news on icenetwork. It never even did let me vote when I tried Mad . And I really can't believe that she won with by 98%!... Rolling Eyes Yeah, I probably sound like a bitter biased Mao fan, which I don't deny, I am, but anyone who takes a very close look at the whole poll would know something isn't quite right...

You're not a biased Mao fan. You're an angry Mao fan, like me, who got pissed because Mao was eliminated due to the anti-voting. And now they announce that as if it were another gold medal. That's why I say Yuna is a fabricated hero. Sorry to her fans.

On the contrary i feel nothing towards her fans. As a matter of fact her fans are one of the many elements that make her unenjoyable to me.
I love Yuna and appreciate all of her accomplishments, congrats and everything, but her fans drive me to the brink o of insanity with their antics. It was a real shame to see people actually voting for other skaters in an attempt to undermine Mao.
I thank YNKF for discouraging this behavior but in all honesty it made me lose a shred of respect for some of her other fans.

I agree with you. Some of fans drive me crazy with some of the things they say about Mao. I can't fully enjoy her skating because of their behavior, which is really a shame because Yuna is a great skater.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:50 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Michelle took a similar route post Olympics. However, I feel it is risky for a skater's first competition of the season to be Worlds. Other skaters in the past at least took part in their nationals which served as a good warmup. Hmm.. we will see, I guess. cat

I too am a little wary of this plan, but i guess that its her personal choice. The whole skipping out thing though both loses you experience with your programs as well as subtracting you from the public eye.

Perhaps it will work out for her however if the public sees less of her making her performances more desirable? I just hope i'll be able to see enough of Mao this season, and all my other fav skaters, Yuna included
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Is this confirmed?

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2010/07/19/91/0702000000AEN20100719000700315F.HTML <-- Here's a news article.

Yep this will be interesting...especially since Worlds will be in Japan!

Wait, according to someone at GoldenSkate, "Yu-na wants to skate to Latin, Spanish-type music (tango? flamenco?) for her SP or LP." .... Neutral
Back to top Go down
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:23 pm

and my prediction is correct! lol! the world championship will be held in japan.. it's too tempting to skip it. heheehe

Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:30 pm

polly10 wrote:
and my prediction is correct! lol! the world championship will be held in japan.. it's too tempting to skip it. heheehe

I know i am quite interested at the prospect! cheers
Back to top Go down
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:53 pm

polly10 wrote:

it's very important that she will compete. remember that unless korea can produce another yuna, she will go on and compete for every major tournament. unlike japan, usa, russia.. korea needs to retain that 2 qualifying spots in the world championship.. that's why i said that yuna will be competing at the worlds..
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:29 pm

polly10 wrote:
polly10 wrote:

it's very important that she will compete. remember that unless korea can produce another yuna, she will go on and compete for every major tournament. unlike japan, usa, russia.. korea needs to retain that 2 qualifying spots in the world championship.. that's why i said that yuna will be competing at the worlds..

The problem is that South Korea has no real skaters who they can rely on right now (much less the "next Yuna"). They are in the process of trying to make Min-Jung the next Yuna (thus explaining Brian Orser as her coach) but honestly there will be no "next Yuna" anytime soon and if there is she will not be from Korea. Yuna will be stuck competing for a long time Disappointed
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:46 pm

I think South Korea will be able to produce some competent skaters now that Yuna had paved the way for them. They have some promising juniors. I agree that none of them will probably be the next Yuna but they might be good enough for Korea to pin their hopes on and will probably be put under the same pressure Yuna is under Sad Good luck to Min-Jung, I don't really expect much from her honestly.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm

[quote="bellarina"]
Dani-Chan wrote:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2010/07/19/91/0702000000AEN20100719000700315F.HTML <-- Here's a news article.

Wait, according to someone at GoldenSkate, "Yu-na wants to skate to Latin, Spanish-type music (tango? flamenco?) for her SP or LP." .... Neutral

This season (or at least Worlds) could get very twisted in the fan-base world if Mao and Yu-Na both ended up skating to a tango. Faint2 Neutral
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
I think South Korea will be able to produce some competent skaters now that Yuna had paved the way for them. They have some promising juniors. I agree that none of them will probably be the next Yuna but they might be good enough for Korea to pin their hopes on and will probably be put under the same pressure Yuna is under Sad Good luck to Min-Jung, I don't really expect much from her honestly.

Neither do i... No still if she could do well enough to take some pressure off of Yuna then she would have essentially served her purpose

[quote="MaoMaoRevolution"]
bellarina wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

This season (or at least Worlds) could get very twisted in the fan-base world if Mao and Yu-Na both ended up skating to a tango. Faint2 Neutral

Hmm i'm quite interested in seeing how this turns out. I expect Yuna and Mao fans rioting in the streets Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:02 am

kitkat00 wrote:

that's the problem.. can you imagine if korea wins the bid in 2018 winter olympics.. yuna will be forced to compete at the age of 27!!!!!!!!!!!(it depends if they can produce potential top skaters along the way though) geeezzz another pressure to face! like what happened when yuna competed in korea for the grand prix, the fans were just crazyyyyyyy!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 am

At this point Yuna does not really have to do anything though, she has a lot of money and I think when she retires she'll probably decide to live outside of Korea where the crazy fans can't bother her. At least Korea will still have their speed skaters...
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 am

Is Yuna still with Orser for this season?
Back to top Go down
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:00 am

coconut wrote:
Is Yuna still with Orser for this season?

yes
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 am

I don't know what to feel about this news.

Skipping the GP season can be both an advantage and disadvantage. On one hand, it would help Yuna rest and actually focus on her programs and performances. Who knows? She might even pull out a triple axel (hey, it's not unlikely with Orser) under our noses. On the other hand, this would be a huge risk, and there would be no "next times" because Worlds is at the end of the season. Without any warmup competitions, Yuna would have to adjust. But well, it's HER decision.

Nice to know she's still competing though. May the better skater win! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:23 am

polly10 wrote:

Excuse me, what are you laughing at? So strange..
I don't see you are Mao fan, why are you here? This is Mao FAN FORUM.
I've never visited Yuna forum, because I'm not her fan. I think I'm so normal.
I don't want to argue with you, but I can't understand why you come here expressly to talk only about Yuna.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:26 pm

polly10 wrote:
kitkat00 wrote:

that's the problem.. can you imagine if korea wins the bid in 2018 winter olympics.. yuna will be forced to compete at the age of 27!!!!!!!!!!!(it depends if they can produce potential top skaters along the way though) geeezzz another pressure to face! like what happened when yuna competed in korea for the grand prix, the fans were just crazyyyyyyy!!! Evil or Very Mad

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm sure she will be pressured to compete, but I don't imagine she give in to that for too long (if at all) after she wants to quit. They can't force her.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

mingming wrote:
polly10 wrote:

I don't want to argue with you, but I can't understand why you come here expressly to talk only about Yuna.

This is a mystery, mingming. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Star85 wrote:
polly10 wrote:
kitkat00 wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm sure she will be pressured to compete, but I don't imagine she give in to that for too long (if at all) after she wants to quit. They can't force her.

Haha or can they? Twisted Evil

alyssa wrote:
mingming wrote:
polly10 wrote:

This is a mystery, mingming. Rolling Eyes

Although polly10 may not be a genuine Mao fan she still has an opinion and she is for the most part respectful (as of recently) i think we can turn the troll radar down a little for her Wink
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:03 pm

bellarina wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Is this confirmed?

looks like it. here's that article from Korea Herald explicitly stating that YUna "might" do a Tango... interesting. hmmmm....i wonder how true...the author probably just wanted a catchy title for the article...well i must say its pretty catchy!!!

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20100719000102

Last edited by tilitom on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:13 pm

alyssa wrote:
Star85 wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
YUNA WON THE POLEMIC 'GREATEST EVER'

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100716&content_id=12282374&vkey=ice_news

Congratulations for Yuna and her fans. Daisies for you

I can't believe that lame poll made news on icenetwork. It never even did let me vote when I tried Mad . And I really can't believe that she won with by 98%!... Rolling Eyes Yeah, I probably sound like a bitter biased Mao fan, which I don't deny, I am, but anyone who takes a very close look at the whole poll would know something isn't quite right...

You're not a biased Mao fan. You're an angry Mao fan, like me, who got pissed because Mao was eliminated due to the anti-voting. And now they announce that as if it were another gold medal. That's why I say Yuna is a fabricated hero. Sorry to her fans.

I'm kind of angry too. But you know what guys, I'm quite proud of myself for only feeling KINDA angry. Three months ago, i would have been rabid and frothing at hearing/reading about this poll. I think I've matured quite a bit as a mao fan. I hope that old ugly fan in me won't come back. Razz and i hope we get to here about more mao updates in the days to come...i mean are we going to hear about mao's main coach anytime soon (at all?!!!)

maybe i'm too worried about this coach thing to be rabid

Suspect

but GO! GO! GO! MAO!!

Encore Encore Encore Encore Encore Encore Encore Encore Encore
Back to top Go down
Artistry

Artistry

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:12 am

So... wait... Mao announces Tango for her new program and Yuna follows with the same? hmmm....

Also, can someone please explain the technical rules regarding dropping out of the GP? Plushenko was banned for being in just one exhibition (if I'm correctly remembering the events), will Yuna have any punishment as a result of taking the GP series off this next season if she also skates in shows?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next