Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Yu Na News - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:54 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:
alyssa wrote:
Yagudin? Then why not Plush? Hell, no!

If recent rumors are true, then Plush is also playing a hand in the coaching of Elizaveta!
Not sure if it's true though Neutral

well that would be funny if mao had pluschy as couch I mean they both competet at the olympics and both won silver at the same time, and I find the rumour of pluschy coching elizveta funny because that mean's that pluschy is thinking of retiring evenso he clearly said that he still wanted to compete and eventrough he is an incredible talented skater I doubt he would be a good couch he is inexperienced in couching specially someone at mao's level..
if I should chose I would certainly prefer yagudin he is an incredible skater a bit older than mao but not to old which means they both can train together and make the training for mao much more fun, heeh I actually just remembered a ice show where both mao and yagudin dances together in a v ery sexy way it's from 2008..but the questien is wheter he is willing to move to japan and become a full time couch, I think mao want's a full time couch if possible...and I really hope mao finds someone soon, she has been trainning alone for to long...
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 am

Oh my! I'm a bit embarrassed here...I only meant Mishin as kind of my dream coach for Mao. Just a fantasy thing. Embarassed

And after all this fuss about Yuna and Orser, I agree with Tat saying it's better to have a coach in the same country. The possibility of miscommunication because of language problems and cultural differences can never be denied, though I don't think those would be much of an excuse for either sides.

Thanks for everyone who told me their opinions on whether Mao's side or JSF should make a statement. After that Searchina article I panicked a bit, but I guess there's still no need for anybody related to Mao to say anything on this matter. Besides, I don't really think Yuna wanted to pull Mao into all this. Her fans want to, but not her. She made it pretty clear in her statement that the offer issue isn't the only reason why they split like the media suspected. Some people in Japan quoted that sentence of her's, saying she's still accusing Mao of trying to steal her coach and stuff...but I think that's too much. I have to admit, there's alot of folks in Japan who want to make Yuna look worser than she actually is. Thank god they at least don't go around in English forums making accusations on her, but within our country there's been tons of bad talk about Yuna. I'm partly guilty, but I always make it clear that whatever I say about Yuna are just my thoughts. I never pointed a finger at her saying she's trying to make Mao the villain on purpose. Not concerning this splitting issue.

Somebody in Golden Skate forum commented that he or she is pleasantly surprised that Mao fans have not taken advantage of the situation, like popping up in forums bashing around Yuna. The poster said he/she's never read any suspected Mao fan writing anything bad about Yuna so far in FS forums (not including fan forums I suppose...). That made me happy. It should stay that way.

I really hope people in Japan won't make a big issue about some people talking about the offer thing. I think some of us in Japan are becoming highly paranoid that Mao and Japan are being accused of doing wrong all over the world. I see more and more people are starting to demand IMG or JSF to do something about it. They're acting this way mostly because of Searchina and Korean media articles who have been implying that people in Korea think the splitting was because of the offer. Also, a very very famous FS blogger in Japan started writing that Mao's side should make a statement right this minute, blah blah blah... She has a big influence on FS fans in Japan. I usually agree with the stuff she writes, but not this time.

I wrote in my blog that things are okay so far, that we should all calm down, and to not encourage Mao's side nor JSF to make any moves. I told them my point of view and what people are saying in FSU and other forums. I've already had some readers confessing to me that they had already written to IMG demanding they make a statement etc., but thought it was a bad idea afterall. I don't really mind IMG making a statement because nobody really thinks IMG=Mao. IMG makes their own moves according to what they decide, not according to Mao's requests mostly IMO. But somebody in Team Mao or JSF making any statements would be a totally different story, and a very bad idea. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
SAKURA

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:51 am

A farce by Yuna and Orser reminded me of a similar trouble between Shizuka and Callaghan (in this case, JSF was responsible for the whole procedures). Shizuka sincerely reflected on this trouble, and when she changed coaches again from TAT to Morozov, she did everything by herself to negotiate with both TAT and Morozov. She become a self-responsible adult from these experiences.

I hope that Yuna would also learn something from this trouble. But if she thinks she is a victim, she might repeat mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:10 am

bekalc wrote:

In general I was very annoyed with ATS for bringing Mao into it. Because to be quite frank, I don't think such a rumor would matter if Kim/Orser's relationship was strong. I don't think the Japanese Federation should say anything or get themselves involved in the whole crappy situation. I know people said it was crappy for Yu-na to say that it wasn't all joy with Brian, but I actually thought given the context of Mao getting blamed for the break up, Yu-na had to do it.

This won't happen. Mishin has a young girl in his group (and a couple of others) Elizaveta who he hopes will be Mao's biggest competitor in Sochi. She has a triple axel and 3/3s already. Know way will Mishin take on Mao when he has Elizaveta who he's been working with since she was a young girl.

I doubt Yu-na said her relationship with Orser was not good just to not blame Mao, I think she was just trying to vent because she is angry with Orser. If she wanted to take Mao out of this whole mess, like a classy person would do, she would have said directly.

About Mishin, I doubt he would coach Mao Hell, no! . He has Liza and Arthur to prepare.

alyssa wrote:

If recent rumors are true, then Plush is also playing a hand in the coaching of Elizaveta!

But Plushy is still competing, Alyssa! Unconscious

No joke, you know Mao would love to be coached by Plushy. Love Hearts
I think he helps Mishin with the kids (Arthur and Liza), giving some technical advices and support. Isn't he sweet? flower
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:56 am

Blahblahblahblah Commentator

Orser and Yuna should just settle this issue for themselves. Orser now has a damaged reputation and Yuna is now a sympathetic 19 year old skater. They should act more like adults, or at least, AS PROFESSIONALS, and try to resolve this WITHOUT involving Mao or IMG.

I do wish for the two of them to do well, but all this drama just makes my head hurt.

Oh, and am I the only one who finds Yuna's decision to skate 'Arirang' in Japan... gutsy? Arirang is a very nationalistic song. To think she'll use this... Well, at least Yuna's being creative with her music choices!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:30 am

I prefer Yagudin over Plushy. Razz I fear Plushy may encourage Mao to go overboard with the jumps. Another good choice is Illia Kulik. His jumps were so beautiful and his wife is the great Katia Gordeeva, who's one of the most beautiful skaters of all time. They should definitely form a coaching team. Smile I also recently learned that Paul Wylie coaches too. He wasn't toughest competitor but I've heard people compare Kozuka's skating skills to Wylie's, so it must be pretty good. Of course, these are not likely to happen with Mao staying in Japan. I am just listing possible choices if she ever decides to train aboard again in the future.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 am

aoi88 wrote:

I prefer Yagudin over Plushy. Razz I fear Plushy may encourage Mao to go overboard with the jumps. Another good choice is Illia Kulik. His jumps were so beautiful and his wife is the great Katia Gordeeva, who's one of the most beautiful skaters of all time. They should definitely form a coaching team. Smile I also recently learned that Paul Wylie coaches too. He wasn't toughest competitor but I've heard people compare Kozuka's skating skills to Wylie's, so it must be pretty good. Of course, these are not likely to happen with Mao staying in Japan. I am just listing possible choices if she ever decides to train aboard again in the future.

I guess this is just a matter of preferance, but I prefer Plush over Yag.
Yag is a great skater no matter what, but I think his jumps have been deteriorating recently (but I'm not saying Plush's jumps aren't either). He kinda jumps bending forward thesedays is the impression I have.

So, I think if Mao wants to correct her jumps, Plush would be better than Yag. But anyway any of this won't happen, so I'll just look forward to seeing how Liza does next season. With Mishin and Plush around, I can't help having high expectations for her! Surprised

Btw, off topic again, but did you guys know this book? http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Play-Win-Figure-Skating/dp/1599533898 It seems like a figure skating guide book for children, and Mao is on the cover! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I guess this is just a matter of preferance, but I prefer Plush over Yag.
Yag is a great skater no matter what, but I think his jumps have been deteriorating recently (but I'm not saying Plush's jumps aren't either). He kinda jumps bending forward thesedays is the impression I have.

So, I think if Mao wants to correct her jumps, Plush would be better than Yag. But anyway any of this won't happen, so I'll just look forward to seeing how Liza does next season. With Mishin and Plush around, I can't help having high expectations for her! Surprised

Btw, off topic again, but did you guys know this book? http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Play-Win-Figure-Skating/dp/1599533898 It seems like a figure skating guide book for children, and Mao is on the cover! Very Happy
I also think Plushy is better choice, first of all he knows about new system more then Yag. And he has kind of experience in coaching lol!
And,wow,great book! Confetti
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:36 am

Dani-Chan wrote:

alyssa wrote:

But Plushy is still competing, Alyssa! Unconscious

No joke, you know Mao would love to be coached by Plushy. Love Hearts
I think he helps Mishin with the kids (Arthur and Liza), giving some technical advices and support. Isn't he sweet? flower

Well no one seems to know if Plush filed his appeal at the proper time, so as far as most of us are aware (media and fans included) Plush is banned from ISU competitions, if not permanently then at least for this season No

Maybe that will give him extra coaching time Razz
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:45 am

About the statement thing: I read somewhere a couple days ago, a statement from someone high up at IMG where he said something along the lines of how they never approached Orser, and they have nothing to do with finding coaches for their skaters. I wish I could find where I read that!

I guess it wasn't an "official statement" because no one else seems to even have knowledge of it. If it was the official statement, it would probably be big news... Did anyone else read this thing I'm talking about??

Anyway, I don't think IMG or JSF should make (another?) statement at this time. They have already denied any involvement. Coming forth with an official statement won't change anyones minds.

As far as Mao being coached by Yaguden or Plush? I say Yaguden. He has coaching experience. Plus, if either of their styles rubbed off a little on Mao, I think Yaguden's would suit her a little better.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Star85 wrote:
About the statement thing: I read somewhere a couple days ago, a statement from someone high up at IMG where he said something along the lines of how they never approached Orser, and they have nothing to do with finding coaches for their skaters. I wish I could find where I read that!

It's in the very end of this article, Star85...

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2010/08/olympic-champion-kim-says-orser-lied-about-their-split.html

I noticed it after asking everyone about the statement issue.
IMG said their side of the story, so I think that should be enough.
Team Mao and JSF should remain silent. silent
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:57 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Star85 wrote:

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2010/08/olympic-champion-kim-says-orser-lied-about-their-split.html

TKS Pochinko Thank you!
that is very interesting to read, it's the definitive response by IMG. I still don't get how this whole story was created and I think Brian Orser had a bit of guilt on it. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Star85 wrote:

TKS Pochinko Thank you!
that is very interesting to read, it's the definitive response by IMG. I still don't get how this whole story was created and I think Brian Orser had a bit of guilt on it. Yep, Sadly

In my personal opinion IMG has no need to issue a statement of any kind. I don't at all want to see Mao and the rest having to be badgered by Korean tabloids etc.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Star85 wrote:
As far as Mao being coached by Yaguden or Plush? I say Yaguden. He has coaching experience. Plus, if either of their styles rubbed off a little on Mao, I think Yaguden's would suit her a little better.

I just had a wild thought - how cool would it be if somehow Mao gets both Plushy and Yagudin on her coaching team? With TAT as a consultant. It'll be like power triangle formed by three giants of Russian figure-skating. TAT working on the choreography, Yagudin on the more expressive aspects, and Plushenko as a jumping coaching.

One can only dream, I guess Cloud 9.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:45 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Star85 wrote:

I just had a wild thought - how cool would it be if somehow Mao gets both Plushy and Yagudin on her coaching team? With TAT as a consultant. It'll be like power triangle formed by three giants of Russian figure-skating. TAT working on the choreography, Yagudin on the more expressive aspects, and Plushenko as a jumping coaching.

Hahaha wow, that would be AMAZING. Plus, both Plushy and Yags adore Mao, so they'd have an amazing relationship. I wish this could happen!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:20 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Star85 wrote:

That would be pretty freakin cool! Bet the RFA would have just love that! Razz
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Star85 wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
Star85 wrote:

That would be pretty freakin cool! Bet the RFA would have just love that! Razz

It's not happening even a little Smile This is what happens when Mao fans start to dream, Very Happy it takes to impossible and fantastical worlds
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:01 am

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:09 am

ddmm wrote:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2010/08/123_72227.html

I like Yuna a lot. Reading this article actually makes me pity her. It's as if she's just an item to be used and tossed around. It's all about the money and the business. The issue with Orser is seriously not helping her image.

But well... Yuna is bulletproof. I'm sure she can handle this!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:55 am

ddmm wrote:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2010/08/123_72227.html

Yuna said somewhere that letting go of Brian was her financial decision. Hm.... Looks like she may have been wrong about that one!

I think it's kind of stupid that sponsors are considering not resigning with Yuna over this situation. Something that she wanted to keep private went public, and no one even knows the whole story. It may be a little, temporary dent in her image in some people opinions, but it's something that will probably blow over with sometime. Especially if she does well next season. Yuna is just coming off of an olympics win, and keeping busy - in other words, she's still a very hot commodity. If I were a sponser, I would probably wait until the end of next season to see how she skates. That will determine her value more than this.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Star85 wrote:
I think it's kind of stupid that sponsors are considering not resigning with Yuna over this situation. Something that she wanted to keep private went public, and no one even knows the whole story. It may be a little, temporary dent in her image in some people opinions, but it's something that will probably blow over with sometime. Especially if she does well next season. Yuna is just coming off of an olympics win, and keeping busy - in other words, she's still a very hot commodity. If I were a sponser, I would probably wait until the end of next season to see how she skates. That will determine her value more than this.

Yeah...I can understand her losing some advertisement contracts if they were for commercials and ads being used outside Korea, but within Korea I thought people still support her. If she should lose support from some of her own people for all this, that I would feel sorry. I don't think anything like this would make Japanese people lose faith in Mao. Those Korean companies which have used her for their ads have most likely made alot of profit because of Yuna. Although I know it's all business, to drop her just because of this one thing is too harsh. No
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:36 pm

I think it's natrual that companies now start to loose interest in Yu Na, because the olympics are over and all this fuss about her makes it even worse... that makes them be very careful! From now on Yu Na has even more to loose because silver won't be satisfying for the media anymore!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:34 pm

goldmao wrote:
I think it's natrual that companies now start to loose interest in Yu Na, because the olympics are over and all this fuss about her makes it even worse... that makes them be very careful! From now on Yu Na has even more to loose because silver won't be satisfying for the media anymore!

I think the reason why she had so many advertersement is because it was on olympic seasn where there where many expectations of her, and because she was always on the podium which gave her the reason to always be in the media, and now that she wants to retire her most selling point would be gone.

but well I kinda feel sorry for her, it seems like she is forsed to continue to compete in the future even through she doesn't want to, or atleast that the impression I get...
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:27 am

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY YU-NA! Confetti

And to think that, about 20 days later, it's Mao's birthday. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:54 am

It's Yuna's birthday!!!

Happy birthday Kim Yuna! Stay strong because there are many people who love you! Smile

Whoa, and check out this video made by Yuna's fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGGluFWSxC0

They also donated 25000 USD in Yuna's name. Yuna's fans are jjang! Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next