Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Yu Na News - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:25 am

klarification wrote:
Thank polosatik for keeping us in check!

theicemarks, we're not here to antagonize you like playground bullies. If you've read Pochi's posts, you would understand that we had a lot of trolls and forum troubles in the past, mostly concerning Yuna bots. Anyway, you're very much welcome to stay as long as you show your appreciation for Mao and learn to be more cautious with your words! flower

And you know, I'm more excited about Yuna's Arirang than her Gisele. Her new coach said that it'll be her love letter to Korea, and you know, I am getting the feeling that it would be the program that we would wish won her OGM back in Vancouver. But who am I to complain? Her Gershwin was technically brilliant, although boring and flat at times, so imagine what Yuna can do to a deeply personal piece as a program!
I agree, this can be the best program of Yuna. Because this theme is so special for her. I heard David wanted her to do it much earlier, but it's only a rumor.
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:50 am

polosatik wrote:
I heard David wanted her to do it much earlier, but it's only a rumor.

It's not a rumor, she said it in interview:

"David Wilson had often recommended Arirang (one of the most famous Korean folk music) for program music. However, I had my reservations because I thought it was never the right time. After the success at the Olympics, I thought now is the right time to give back to the people of Korea and to thank them for their enthusiastic support."
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 am

europeanfan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
I heard David wanted her to do it much earlier, but it's only a rumor.

It's not a rumor, she said it in interview:

"David Wilson had often recommended Arirang (one of the most famous Korean folk music) for program music. However, I had my reservations because I thought it was never the right time. After the success at the Olympics, I thought now is the right time to give back to the people of Korea and to thank them for their enthusiastic support."
Oh, thanks, I messed up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:08 am

ok im gonna say it.

some peeps on this forum need to:
a) lighten up
b) get a life
c) get over themselves
d) chill out
e) did i say get a life?

albeit this is a fan forum for mao, i think as long as people arent here to bash her repeatedly and non constructively it is ok to be critical of her and her skills, decisions, coaches, programs, etc. remember this is a FORUM... where people can discuss, agree/disagree on specific topics.

thank you.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:15 am

dlnnyc wrote:
ok im gonna say it.

a) lighten up
b) get a life
c) get over themselves
d) chill out
e) did i say get a life?

albeit this is a fan forum for mao, i think as long as people arent here to bash her repeatedly and non constructively it is ok to be critical of her and her skills, decisions, coaches, programs, etc. remember this is a FORUM... where people can discuss, agree/disagree on specific topics.

thank you.

Huh??? Have you even read the posts? Seriously, I think the guidelines also said we should be respectful to other members on this forum. And I felt the poster crossed the line in his/her remarks.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:43 am

dlnnyc wrote:
ok im gonna say it.

a) lighten up
b) get a life
c) get over themselves
d) chill out
e) did i say get a life?

thank you.

If you're talking about me, please do name me in your post. Other members might get the wrong idea that you're talking about them and might get hurt. And mind you, I wasn't angry at anyone for criticizing or bashing Mao. I don't think anybody did that in this thread nor other ones recently...I only felt that our forum was being compared to Yuna's forum, I didn't like that so I told another poster so. Then the poster told me there was no intention to upset me, and that he or she is a big fan of Mao, so I apologized for misjudging him or her, and explained my reasons why I do not like our forum being compared to Yuna's. And then, I was insulted in return. So I took back my apology to that person. End of story. Neutral

Exactly, which part in all this makes you think I should lighten up, get a life, get over myself, chill out, and get a life once again? I think most of us including me are totally capable of discussing issues without trouble most of the time to say the least. Hell, I'm not even mad at you for pointing out I have no life...cause I simply can't understand why I have to be bashed like this by you. I'm too confused to be angry. Faint2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 am

Hey, what's been going on here?
Let's not start a fight over silly things Many Hearts Many Hearts santa
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:23 am

dlnnyc wrote:
people dont forget yuna's SP to DIE FLEDERMAUS a few years ago. it was prob the most balletic weve seen from her. it is one of my fave programs of hers. esp the opening position and when it transitions into the big waltz theme. i think yuna is very versatile.

I remember this program but I think it was the worst SP she has ever skated. I see nothing balletic there: Lack of extension, not pointing toes etc. Have you ever watched ballet? Can you imagine ballerina with this kind of flexibility?

Her 2007/2008 SP was weak in comparison to others, but I believe her new SP will be better. She knows everyone expects great programs from her and I'm sure she works very hard on them. flexibility can be her problem: it's better than 3 years ago but it's still not enough for ballerina. Moreover she needs not only flexibility but also controlling toes, tension etc.

But I'm an optimist and I believe she will handle this music. She will skate great SP, maybe even her best?

Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:49 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
ok im gonna say it.

a) lighten up
b) get a life
c) get over themselves
d) chill out
e) did i say get a life?

thank you.

If you're talking about me, please do name me in your post. Other members might get the wrong idea that you're talking about them and might get hurt. And mind you, I wasn't angry at anyone for criticizing or bashing Mao. I don't think anybody did that in this thread nor other ones recently...I only felt that our forum was being compared to Yuna's forum, I didn't like that so I told another poster so. Then the poster told me there was no intention to upset me, and that he or she is a big fan of Mao, so I apologized for misjudging him or her, and explained my reasons why I do not like our forum being compared to Yuna's. And then, I was insulted in return. So I took back my apology to that person. End of story. Neutral

Exactly, which part in all this makes you think I should lighten up, get a life, get over myself, chill out, and get a life once again? I think most of us including me are totally capable of discussing issues without trouble most of the time to say the least. Hell, I'm not even mad at you for pointing out I have no life...cause I simply can't understand why I have to be bashed like this by you. I'm too confused to be angry. Faint2

this is exactly my point.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 am

dlnnyc wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
ok im gonna say it.

a) lighten up
b) get a life
c) get over themselves
d) chill out
e) did i say get a life?

thank you.

this is exactly my point.

Could you please be a bit more specific? I don't understand your point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:22 am

I don't think people call other people paranoid to their face after exchanging only a few posts is intended to have constructive discussions from the beginning.

I hope Team Yuna and Yuna fans (not all their fans though) solve their problems by themselves. They tend to drag in other skaters when there is something not favorable happens to her. There are people who do not think Yuna is balletic and it's not only people who are on this forum. I understand it is hard for Yuna fans to swallow it and they want to vanish such an opinion from the net. But it is impossible.

I've never been to Yuna fan forum, so I may be guessing wrong. But, I wonder if there are Mao or other skaters' fans who go Yuna forum and try to convince them of their opinions and call them paranoid after being denied.
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 am

nevermind all... there is nothing to understand or extrapolate on.. it seemed pretty clear.

this is just figure skating it is not that important in the grand scheme of our lives.. for mao and yuna yes since they are doing the skating.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:38 am

dlnnyc wrote:
ok im gonna say it.

a) lighten up
b) get a life
c) get over themselves
d) chill out
e) did i say get a life?
It's amazing how some people always waste the opportunity of keeping quiet. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by alyssa on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
theicemarks

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:26 pm

klarification wrote:
Thank polosatik for keeping us in check!

theicemarks, we're not here to antagonize you like playground bullies. If you've read Pochi's posts, you would understand that we had a lot of trolls and forum troubles in the past, mostly concerning Yuna bots. Anyway, you're very much welcome to stay as long as you show your appreciation for Mao and learn to be more cautious with your words! flower

And you know, I'm more excited about Yuna's Arirang than her Gisele. Her new coach said that it'll be her love letter to Korea, and you know, I am getting the feeling that it would be the program that we would wish won her OGM back in Vancouver. But who am I to complain? Her Gershwin was technically brilliant, although boring and flat at times, so imagine what Yuna can do to a deeply personal piece as a program!

Yes I am also very excited about Yuna's Arirang! Although it possibly might have been sweeter if she had won the OGM with this program, just because of the obvious symbolism and history the song itself conveys, I trust that in the end, that this is probably the right time to perform the number. This is afterall a huge 'thankyou' to her loyal fans, which would seem more appropriate after winning the OGM. queen

Not to mention, this season has sort of been Bleh.. I mean, I have nothing against Kiira Korpi or, but gold at the TEB?? Carolina Koster, gold at NHK?

Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 pm

I've just visited FSUniverse forum and it looks like many people think that Arirang isn't the right music for World Champs in Tokyo because it's Korean Shocked That's a bit surpising for me... I know Japan and Korea had many difficulties in the past but skating to korean music shouldn't be offensive for the Japanese, should it? It's only the music and it has nothing in common with their history... Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 pm

europeanfan wrote:
I've just visited FSUniverse forum and it looks like many people think that Arirang isn't the right music for World Champs in Tokyo because it's Korean Shocked That's a bit surpising for me... I know Japan and Korea had many difficulties in the past but skating to korean music shouldn't be offensive for the Japanese, should it? It's only the music and it has nothing in common with their history... Am I wrong?

I've heard the piece is almost synonymous to their National anthem. Well, if you read Wilson's press release, there's definitely national sentiments tied to the music. I don't think it will be a big problem because I've heard that Joe Hisaishi, a famous Japanese composer, even did a version to Aririang. It's probably just typical overreactions of some FSU members.
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 pm

alyssa wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
ok im gonna say it.

a) lighten up
b) get a life
c) get over themselves
d) chill out
e) did i say get a life?
It's amazing how some people always waste the opportunity of keeping quiet. Rolling Eyes

uh huh!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:07 pm

europeanfan wrote:

I don't think it's offensive for the Japanese at all. (I'm Japanese) I've never felt that way.
Actually, I somehow feel Arirang will become another masterpiece of her.
Back to top Go down
theicemarks

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Oh, sorry to bring this up again, but i just found it interesting how Yuna's choice in Giselle as being her new SP has sparked all this debate on what it means to be balletic, especially since Giselle has been used in figure skating many times before. Shizuka Arakawa, Katia gordeeva, Yukari Nakano, just to name a few, and imo, after watching their performances, I wasn't exactly moved (although i think katia's was the best out of the bunch). Perhaps bc I was like "so is this when the balletic part begins?" lol I think in the end, most have such high standards for Yuna, that we start to debate on her toe points and such.

If I had to compare Yuna to the current crop of female figure skaters in competition, then heck, I don't even care if she qualifies as balletic.. I just wish she would come back to stabilize a very shakey season.
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:32 pm

I read that one of the first things Yu-Na said to her new coach was something about how she wanted to "expand her artistic horizons". Perhaps this is the reason she chose a piece not many would have thought synonymous with her as a skater? I must say that this is quite an unexpected choice for her but like with everything else she has done, I'm sure it will turn out great in the end. I didn't like Die Fledermaus as a SP for her, watching it live it seemed a bit flat, but she has always done well with pure lyrical music, like her 06-07 fs, still IMHO one of the best choreographed ladies' programs ever. Smile

I wonder if the lack of a spiral sequence in the sp will actually be to her advantage? Because, honestly I don't really think she has the best extensions even though she has excellent blade control and speed during the spirals themselves.

And I've been wanting her to skate to Arirang ever since I first heard it! Yu-Na does epic so well! Razz

Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:09 pm

polosatik wrote:
Guys, don't be so strict with theicemarks. She's new here and let give her some time. And please don't make weird comments about Yuna, please.
And theicemarks, my advice to you, it's not very polite to pick at senior members, not only senior, at any members. Pochi was hurt and even if it wasn't on purpose, you're wrong. So i hope you will understand that and we will have a lot of fun talking about Mao and others. sunny

Haha and of all senior member it's definitely not a wise idea to attack Pochi! You don't want to attack someone who has no fear Twisted Evil
Lol but i think the fighting isn't necessary. Our past troll related events have put us on edge Shocked and rightfully so. But we shouldn't let it get in the way of our kindness, not everyone is here to hurt us! Many Hearts

I think Yuna will do very well. She is a technically sound skater and she has the ability to perform well when she puts her mind to it. Like everyone says, she is an amazing actress and she can act well enough to evoke feeling or at least seem balletic. I wish Yuna the best of luck and i look forward to seeing her skate again! She and Mao are my only saving grace when it comes to the ladies programs this year.
On another note there will also be inflations in scores... Rolling Eyes
I can only imagine how the judges have been longing the opportunity to see a Yuna program and how "score happy" that will make them Evil or Very Mad
It will make for interesting competition
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:

I can only imagine how the judges have been longing the opportunity to see a Yuna program and how "score happy" that will make them Evil or Very Mad

It's a post-Olympic season so scores across disciplines will probably be lower. I doubt there will be inflations.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:41 pm

I can't wait to see Yuna's Arirang FS although I'd have preferred if she used it last season instead of Gershwin. It would've been more epic to win an OGM skating to music which is as symbolic as their national anthem. I just wished she wouldn't skate to it only once and in Worlds 2011. It would be great if she skates to it in front of Korean audiences at home in Korea first (like their nationals or something). It is, after all, her love letter to Korea. But then she doesn't compete in those events anymore...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Aibhlin wrote:
Figure_skating_love wrote:

It's a post-Olympic season so scores across disciplines will probably be lower. I doubt there will be inflations.

Hmm perhaps not the inflations we saw at the olympics, but we can expect that the judges will be very much in Yuna's favor. It's no secret that doing well also depends on your general reputation with the judges and Yuna has a pretty big rep.
Back to top Go down
will_power

will_power

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Actually, there might be a chance that Yuna wouldn't be able to skate a completely clean program for Worlds, since its her first and only competition of the season (in addition to the pressure of being the defending champion and having a huge reputation to live up to). However, she has proven that she can do relatively well at the beginning of the season, eg. last season's TEB.

Razz And fyi, I just had to resurface from the depths of the forum because theres so much heated discussion going on. I've been reading the forums daily but I'm just too lazy to contribute Razz. Anyhow,we should not transform this forum into another disgusting battlefield between Mao and Yuna…like Youtube Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next