Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

Yu Na News - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

I may have some hangups about Yuna and her attitude/personality at times, but this was a very kind gesture. Publicity stunt or not, all that matters is that the donation will be used for those that are in need.

And apparently she's happy about her silver at Worlds (as she should be, unlike what was thought earlier due to her crying) so that's a relief. I don't know if she's going to take another break or anything since she's set to star in her own Korean variety/reality program focused on figure skating.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:04 am

dawnsherearequiet ,my friend...c'mon, give Yuna a break! It was really nice of her to donate her money however rich she already is. There are lots of people much richer than Yuna who haven't donated anything in their lives. I just wish she didn't donate trhough unicef though, cause I don't really trust the way they use the money... Rolling Eyes

Btw, just read some news articles reporting that Yuna will not be entering GP series again next season! She seems to have said she needs some time to rest and think about stuff...

I kind of knew this might happen if she didn't or did win this Worlds, either way. I saw her EX performance which was even for me just too painful to watch, and started wondering again how much pressure is being put on her shoulders. I mean, she was in so much pain injuring her ankles or something that she couldn't even fake one smile during the whole performance, but she had to skate nonetheless for 'her fans'? You'd think her true fans would've preferred her to take some rest if she were in such bad condition, but no, she decides to skate at the gala fighting the pain. Is this what she has to go through as a result of being a national heroine for her country?

I can't help feeling that she cried on the podium because this whole event was over and she was finally released from pressure. I actually think with Mao in the bad condition she's in right now, Yuna is the best female skater at the moment. Miki won this time, but I hate to have to admit it, but when it comes to basic quality, Yuna has much more to offer IMO. But that fact and her OGM seems to be pushing her into a corner where she has to win every competition she enters from now on. But all decent FS fans know that's not the way it works with this sport. The only exception might've been Kwan, and the fact that Yuna admires her makes people think that Yuna will follow her paths and keep staying at the top.

I find this whole Korean Queen drama which her country pushed her into quite depressing. One of the things I felt after watching ladies compete this time is that many of the girls have improved their artistry and expressions during their pros. I think this is because they had to in order to compete with Yuna, and so, I think it's fair to say that because of Yuna the average level of artistry and expression was highered in ladies, just like Dai's steps influenced other guys to put more work in to step sequences as well. I hate seeing her being overscored but her presence in FS did do alot of good for the sport, and she should've been allowed to go on competing just like Miki did after she won Worlds the first time. Miki wasn't able to make much results after then for a long time, but look at what she's accomplished this season! I'm sure Yuna can win lots of competitions in the future and add more glory to her career, if only her country would let her compete as an ordinary top skater, and not some national icon representing how superb her country is all the time. Just give her more room to breathe plz, because she looks like she's about to suffocate any minute now, and even if I don't care about her much, I never want to see any skater performing like she did in the gala this time ever!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:26 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
ENTIRE POST

I've always liked Yuna to be honest, I guess the people here in the forums know that as a skater I admire her too. I just don't like it when some people constantly put her on a pedestal, as if there was a need to glorify her every single time.

And you know, I once posted in her forums that it was a good thing she won OGM, because at least the burden is lessened. But people there started getting mad because they thought I was suggesting that Yuna was a only a puppet of her federation. I never questioned Yuna's free will and I know she loves skating because otherwise, she wouldn't have persevered to get to where she is now. However, she's an icon in Korea, a pioneer in a sport that was mostly unnoticed before she arrived on the scene. She's talented in so many ways that it wasn't long until she became a sort of 'face' for Korea. It's like, 'Ladies and gentlemen, here is a girl who struggled against all odds and skated her way to the top through hard work and determination.' And I think the people saw themselves in that girl so they want to support her...

But I don't think the pressure will be going away anytime soon. Yuna is free to do whatever she wants but she's a nice person so I think she might feel obligated to skate and make her fans happy. We already saw it in the EX. I don't want her to retire yet because I think she still has a lot of juice left, but for me, she still looked unsure when it comes to the direction she would take.

Well, I wish her the best. I hope she'll recover soon from her ankle injury since I think she has a show back in Korea.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:34 am

Its nice to note she donated money - I won't even say its a beautiful act or something...
But its nice she did! Smile
Even if she'd donated a dollar to a needy - I'd be happy with her act!!

But 0O - Maybe am looking it too intently - or just from another angle...
I didn't feel that much pressure from her country in this World.S - Albeit, she is always driven to perform perfectly -
I'd say the pressure was worse during GP finals in S.Korea 2009...
[Oh believe me - I was there pale - I was never exposed to such a Yuna-mania EVER!]
Olympics was even worse...(How I love that I left SK in 2009!Sweatdrop)
She took her performance in GP finals pretty well - even if she lost to Mao!...
and even if she came in 2nd - That did not really change the fact that the country supported her during worlds 2009 and in Olympics just a year later -
We keep on hearing that she is afraid that her country will stop supporting her if she does not live to those expectations - But frankly - Isn't that a lil bit exaggerated! -_-
I feel she seems to lift up those barriers herself which make her insanely insecure...
Obviously - I can't tell what's going in her mind - But she should have more confidence in herself - Its a matter where South Korea needs her - Not the other way round -

I feel that she gambled a bit here -
She thought she could take it - Frankly - She is well exposed to the western media (unlike Mao) - and the whole Queen thing is blown to proportions often with her non-korean fans...
Even how modest you are - Hearing people saying you are the BEST over and over made her slightly overconfident of her abilities...
Maybe she never thought of Miki as a strong opponent - Even we never thought Kostner could take a spot on the podium -
It was supposed to be a predictable competition for her where she'd dominate - just like she did for the last two years!...
Unfortunately luck was not on her side - and she could not deliver as she wanted -
All that frustration came out on the podium...
Plus - the fact that she skated to an immensely emotional music - She dedicated it to her country - She most probably came with the aim to let her country hear their anthem...
With all that in her head - She just let out all she used to hide so perfectly!...

-_- She won't go for the GP series again?!
Seriously - I won't judge - But isn't that repeating the same mistake?
She is supposed to be the kind of skater who doesn't care about medal - she is supposed to love skating over anything else! Then why not participate...
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:43 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I can't help feeling that she cried on the podium because this whole event was over and she was finally released from pressure. I actually think with Mao in the bad condition she's in right now, Yuna is the best female skater at the moment. Miki won this time, but I hate to have to admit it, but when it comes to basic quality, Yuna has much more to offer IMO. But that fact and her OGM seems to be pushing her into a corner where she has to win every competition she enters from now on. But all decent FS fans know that's not the way it works with this sport. The only exception might've been Kwan, and the fact that Yuna admires her makes people think that Yuna will follow her paths and keep staying at the top.

I agree she shoulders a lot of pressure from her fans and federation and her emotions on the podium was more a sign of relief. I think we may have been too hard on her lately, including myself. But I think that's mostly due to her fanbase. I admit that I once enjoyed Yuna's skating a lot and I thought it was amazing that a skater from a small federation could reach the top. However, ever since the Olympics, my feelings have been colored by the way some of her fans have been treating Mao. Whenever Yuna is shown in a negative light, they are always so quick to defend, which is normal since they love her. However, they don't show the same respect or empathy for Mao in similar situations. I remember many of her fans criticized Mao's reactions at the Olympics. They were so quick to judge her yet show a double standard when it comes to Yuna. Naturally, it's hard for us Mao fans to sympathize when we remember how Mao was treated at that time. Nonetheless, I wouldn't hold it against her because it isn't really her fault.

About Kwan and Yuna, it's well-known that Yuna greatly admires Michelle. However, I feel she's taking her admiration too far recently. The reason I have a hard time getting into her artistry since 2009 is because I feel she's trying too hard to emulate Michelle's expressions when she should be developing her own unique style. It also doesn't help that Yuna can come close to winning titles with two flawed performances when I remember MK losing the OGM with only one fall. Sad
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:15 pm

Is she allowed to skip the entire GP season again? I thought you can do that only once without loosing eligibility, unless you're injured or ill. (maybe I'm confusing this with something else).

I remember there was a big fuss about her because she missed the 4CC last year. Fans were worried that ISU might take sanctions against her because of that. I would think that missing an entire GP series is more serious than missing just 1 competition.

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Missing the Grand Prix again is no big deal for me, but it does the beg the question of whether or not she wants to actively stay in competition for the coming seasons. Personally, I think she has done quite enough, making world records and getting OGM is already more than what any other athlete can ask for. Yuna wants to be a happy skater. It's time for her to seriously think if she wants to be happy or make her fans happy. Or if she can manage, find a way to do both.

I said before that I admire Yuna. Well, looks like it's gonna be a like-dislike tug-of-war for me again when it comes to her. I made the mistake of visiting FS blogs and reading comments of how Yuna was robbed of gold. Fans should be happy for her. I find it disgusting how some people think that a world where Miki is a two-time champion could not be possible. Rolling Eyes

Edit: After watching her LP, I think that with a lot more work, this could be her most stirring program ever. If she decides to keep it as competitive program or even an EX, I would be more than happy to see it performed perfectly.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:32 pm

The problem with Yuna is that she thought that after she won everything she wanted she would be able to skate without feeling the pressure. Somehow it turned out to be not true, she said that she felt more nervous before this worlds than ever before. So I think that if she learns to skate for herself and enjoy herself she will continue to compete, but right now it seems that she is trying to avoid competing as much as possible and this is not a good sign. Looking at how unhappy Yuna looked at this worlds and how relieved she looked when she left makes me wonder if she will ever come back now.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:58 pm

So Yuna said she "needs time to rest and think about stuff"? Wasn't that kind of what last season's off season, and not competing almost all this season was for?... Why doesn't she just say she's going to leave the door open? If she's going to be serious about competing, skipping GP next season after only competing once this season doesn't sound like a very good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if she did not compete at all next season, or just flat out retired.

Last edited by Star85 on Tue May 03, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *meant to say only competing ONCE this season)
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:52 pm

klarification wrote:
Well, looks like it's gonna be a like-dislike tug-of-war for me again when it comes to her. I made the mistake of visiting FS blogs and reading comments of how Yuna was robbed of gold. Fans should be happy for her. I find it disgusting how some people think that a world where Miki is a two-time champion could not be possible. Rolling Eyes

Edit: After watching her LP, I think that with a lot more work, this could be her most stirring program ever. If she decides to keep it as competitive program or even an EX, I would be more than happy to see it performed perfectly.

I agree completely. Miki is certainly no Yuna Kim yet in terms of artistry, we all know that, but I do feel that she has made great progress in that area in the last few years, and as has already been mentioned, that is possibly due to her competing with the likes of Yuna and Mao. Her progress should be acknowledged, and her world champion status respected...

On another note, Yuna's Arirang program was her first program that made me feel real and raw emotion while watching, even though I still think that it is far from her best choreography-wise.

My final comment, which may seem a bit trivial, is that I was a bit dissapointed by her costume, which looked like it could be worn for any other program. I was expecting something a little more Korean inspired in color, cut, or design. I understand that the hanbok look doesn't neccessarily translate easily into a skating costume, but I was just expecting a slight inspiration from that.

To use an example, Mirai Nagasu's geisha-inspired dress at cup of china was way too literal and looked terrible IMO, but the dresses she used for the rest of the season were an improvement as they took inspiration from Japanese design without going overboard...
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:09 pm

^I was just going to mention Mirai's dress, but then again I think Yuna's dress was just so standard and boring. "Arirang" is seriously a song that encompasses Han (Korean) identity so I really was expecting something more.

TBH, I've always felt Miki is kind of under appreciated in terms of her artistry. Sure, she often tends to have this "deer in headlights" expression which takes away from what she's trying to convey, but this season I really was surprised by her growth-- not to mention her determination and energy.

However, I must admit Yuna is really a great performer. "Arirang" really could become a legit masterpiece with some tweaking and less OTT facial histrionics. On this flip side, most of her recent programs take from such standard, overused popular fare (both classical and modern pop music). Nothing wrong with that per say, but some of it is too cheesy (ugh, Bond and Bulletproof)-- or maybe I'm just damn tired of David Wilson's programs.

Star85, I was thinking the same thing. Also, like zarinaballerina mentioned, I also thought skipping nearly an entire season would bar you from participating in Worlds. Yes, she is the OGM winner but this is the second season. Can you still hold your ISU ranking for that matter. Doesn't that also affect your scoring and whatnot (TES, PCS) in one way or another? It's not really fair.

Also, I really wish I could hear more from Yuna's perspective. I feel that South Korea puts an inordinate amount of pressure on her to the point that it's unbearably suffocating. I mean, if she wants to retire or do something else with her life (go back to college, pursue acting, singing, whatever) she should be able to. Getting the Pyeongchang bid and being the "nation's little sister/pride of South Korea" in terms of her achievements in figure skating shouldn't be the end all to be all. Because that's all I'm seeing right now-- she didn't look particularly that inspired at Worlds and I honestly don't know if she's really that driven to continue for much longer.
Back to top Go down
theicemarks

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:44 am

^

Bond and Bulletproof..cheesy? Although those certainly were not my favorite programs by Yuna/David, but for me, they are exactly the opposite; current, cool, hip, and relatable. I think what those types of programs have done is actually draw more people into watching figure skating; it made the sport look more mainstream.

But also, I wanted to say that whatever Yuna decides for the next season is really up to her; the pressure that everyone seems to be talking about, is ultimately coming from her. She is a perfectionist and also a pleaser, and I think that right now since she, for the most part is the only representative of her country, makes it impossible for her to decide to bow out of the sport.

Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:43 am

I agree with theicemarks ! -
Yuna's pros have been quite a breeze of freshness in the world of FS!
Actually I was more worried when I first saw Yuna doing the bond SP -
I knew - she was of the 'less-balletic' kind - But doing that? Neutral
I seriously thought having such a contemporary outfit/music/choreography would not be a a good move on judges who are purists - who firmly believe classical music is always 'in' - and that ballet is the foremost of FS! -
Obviously - the reaction was way different - But that I believed it was because Yuna is Yuna! -
Her jumps are very good - Acting is unique - So they rewarded her!
It was a quite risky move and I don't think other coaches/choreographers would suggest it!
(That's what was excellent about the Wilson-Kim-Orser team!)

(0O Okay - am def not talking about bulletproof here - That's just an EX which she keeps as a easy-play - as her SP and LP are quite loaded - Its just another hit tune - two jumps and here she goes to do something meaningless!)

I love her FP!
But I wished she did something unique for her SP!...
Like the tango she did in 2007 or the Bond SP!
I'd love see her skate again - she is one of the reasons why many skaters strive so hard to keep up the level!...
Back to top Go down
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:59 am

The problem I have with Yuna's pros, is that since the 2008/2009 season I always loved them only when she performed it for the first time.
I remember her Danse macabre and Sheherazade pros from skate America and James Bond and Gershwin from TEB as the most memorable.
I'm alwaws blown away with her first shows of her pros even with the mistakes. Then from competitions in competions I get more and more bored. The coreographie becomes artificial and I don't feel any sincerity, just acting.
I don't understand the comparison with Michelle Kwan, because for me she performs with real emotions.
Only few skaters are able to make me cry : Michelle and Mao are one of them but not Yuna. I mean not anymore. I felt that her skating was pure and honest until about 2009.
But like most of you I prefer Airang this year, it reminds me her Lark ascending LP (that I loved).
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:55 am

theicemarks wrote:
^

Bond and Bulletproof..cheesy? Although those certainly were not my favorite programs by Yuna/David, but for me, they are exactly the opposite; current, cool, hip, and relatable. I think what those types of programs have done is actually draw more people into watching figure skating; it made the sport look more mainstream.

But also, I wanted to say that whatever Yuna decides for the next season is really up to her; the pressure that everyone seems to be talking about, is ultimately coming from her. She is a perfectionist and also a pleaser, and I think that right now since she, for the most part is the only representative of her country, makes it impossible for her to decide to bow out of the sport.

Yes, cheesy. You may think they are solid, and I have no problem with that. But I personally found them your standard fare. Compared to her "Arirang" this season or say, "Dance Macabre", they pale in comparison. Also, I think it's because I'm tired of David Wilson-- everything is just so predictable. As for drawing more people into figure skating with her pros, I'm not too sure about that. Perhaps simply occasional bandwagon 'fans', but figure skating isn't nearly as popular as it was in the 90s. But South Korea? Definitely. She's a cultural icon-- the nation's pride. And you may be right about most of the pressure coming from herself and less so her country. But it doesn't help when you are plastered everywhere and constantly under media scrutiny either. South Korean media may not be as obsessive as Hong Kong, but they aren't too far off.

Yunamao, I agree with you in the sense of boredom. After awhile, I also don't tend to see the sincerity in her pros-- it's just feels so...contrived? But to Yuna's credit, she's a natural born performer. Whether you like it or not, she has the ability to make one stand at attention when watching her because she has that air of confidence and assurance in her ability. The majority of the time at least. And yes, Yuna is no Michelle. She really did tend to wear her heart on her sleeve-- her emotions were always raw and most definitely real. But Yuna does tend to be more at ease and true to herself with her EX pros.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:58 am

I personally find Bond a Bulletproof cheesy too. The music and outfits are indeed contemporary but not the choreography. Some of the moves she is doing in those programs (including the Bond pose) make me cringe. The worst of the worst however was "don't stop the music", this program wins the cheesiest program of all times award hands down.
Back to top Go down
theicemarks

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:14 pm

I absolutely love Bulletproof! One of my favorite ex programs from Yuna. It's a type of program where timing is everything! There's one video on youtube that shows the program from various angles from the perspective of the audience..soo cool. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzw3BSyZXLg

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:20 pm

theicemarks wrote:

I absolutely love Bulletproof! One of my favorite ex programs from Yuna. It's a type of program where timing is everything! There's one video on youtube that shows the program from various angles from the perspective of the audience..soo cool. Smile

I agree! Bulletproof is my favourite Yuna exhibition !!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:35 pm

polosatik wrote:
theicemarks wrote:

I agree! Bulletproof is my favourite Yuna exhibition !!! Many Hearts

Thanks for this video. I think Bulletproof is kinda cool too. When she was younger, Yuna tended to pick generic pop songs for her gala programs... this is much better. It's full of energy and interesting moves, and not a lot of skaters could actually pull it off. I have to admit I wasn't a big fan of Please Don't Stop The Music though, but that's probably because I saw Sasha skating to it first and boy was she good!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, there was a discussion before on Yuna's programs and artistry when Emily Frankell's vid came out so I'm not gonna write anything too long. Sweatdrop

But I do agree with all of you that there's something about Yuna that makes her fun to watch, something that I also saw in the way Sasha Cohen attacked her programs. And while I do find her programs entertaining, I rarely feel emotionally attached to them. Meditation of Thais felt heartfelt to me and so does Arirang which is probably why I will rank them high in her list of programs.

Bulletproof is also not the kind of music any skater can use but Yuna sold it. It fits her to a T. So yes, no problems with her music choices. She somehow makes it work.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:40 am

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Yuna's Exhibitions. I find most of them to be on the boring side. Well, exhibitions tend to follow the usual pop music trend and they are uninspiring on the whole. Michelle's and Mao's exhibitions are the exceptions. Wink
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
theicemarks

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:20 pm

polosatik wrote:
Yuna new exhibition ,Fever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR7MNStlm0A

Love it, love it! I actually had to do a double take to make that was Yuna, lol.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:35 pm

polosatik wrote:
Yuna new exhibition ,Fever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR7MNStlm0A

Wow, Beyonce? After La Roux? It looks like Yuna is one of the few who can pull off such hip music! Yep!
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Cloviece wrote:

maybe I'm just damn tired of David Wilson's programs.

Now that you mention it, when I first saw Cynthia Phaneuf's free skate this season, I thought to myself, 'wow, this looks like David mixed a bunch of Yuna's programs together(right down to the facial expressions) and said "here, do this." Laughing

But anyways, onto Yuna's Beyonce routine...I see it as proof that she should free herself from the pressures of competition and focus on doing what she loves to do most, which is entertaining an audience in a show setting. Like a Star @ heaven

Unlike say, Sarah Hughes, who went pro and was pretty much forgotten to a certain degree, Yuna already has her place in the history books for her achievements and so there's nothing wrong with stepping permanently away from the competitive scene...or pulling a Plushy and attempting a return when Sochi Olympics come around. She probably wouldn't win, but she would be a definite medal contender...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next