Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

Yu Na News - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 am

i don't see why she couldn't be intense powerful and emotional with ballet choreography though. i think that if she's going to use music from a ballet then there should at least be some ballet elements.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 am

Well her choreographer is David Wilson -_
For all I know - He's not really classical - and all these years with Yuna -
I don't think she's been paying many ballet teachers to refine her moves...

FS begins with ballet - its like a contemporary basic - few years ago - it was almost unthinkable not to be balletic on the ice...(specially when the American skaters were on the ball - It was the very norm - that's why you see the Japanese skaters also have a deep balletic culture)...

But the road of Yuna was slightly different! Try an spot the difference - I watched all her worlds pros - so maybe my theory is wrong...
When she is herself (the whole over-awe - emotional and sharp moves) her marks reach sky!
The only classical pro she tried on never left any significant impact on the public/JUDGES! [2008 SP for eg]...
As from 2009 - She defined her style and never changed....

I was also slightly disappointed to see nothing new in her 'never-tried-it-before' ballet SP!
Well - she is being wise - She knows - If she does something spectacular again - She'll win...why bother?

The thing I wonder about is the music cut!
For years - the music she has chooses to skate on has been very unique and personal! Giselle is such a common music...
It seems - from the news - she'll be doing the drama out of it! - I am impatient!

Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Where are you guys seeing her program at?!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 pm

i won't deny the genius of her usual choreography. i just wish she had ballet choreography since she's using ballet music... her usual choreography doesn't bother me when she uses music that isn't for ballet. it's pretty similar with how i don't like mao's short program this season as much as i hoped i would because it isn't tango-y enough. MaoChan756, you put up a good point. i think it would be beneficial for yu-na to hire a ballet coach.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Star85 wrote:

Somebody posted a fan montage on YT, actually doing a wonderful job of connecting the clips from Yuna's recent practice in Korea into a coherent program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDOizyAW9hE

I actually quite like it so far - although it's difficult to judge a program skated in parts and without jumps. Who knows, maybe YuNa quietly works on something new and will unleash it at Worlds? Wink

Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:30 am

Starting at 1.30 of the video - she does include some ballet steps!
and as Okami has stated above - It might be to soon to judge her SP!

Her pros have been hidden for a whole season -
I find it almost suspicious that she is practicing it openly before worlds!
Her team always keep the surprise till the end! So let's wait for the competition!
For all I've seen - I am not impressed! Her last two SP were extremely thrilling!
Here the music is a bit off (maybe only the last few secs is 'Yuna-ish') - But again - She is Yuna! - She'll surely find a way to bring in the mad expressions!

Does she has any ice show in Korea before the worlds?

Last edited by MaoChan756 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Okami wrote:
Star85 wrote:

Somebody posted a fan montage on YT, actually doing a wonderful job of connecting the clips from Yuna's recent practice in Korea into a coherent program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDOizyAW9hE

I actually quite like it so far - although it's difficult to judge a program skated in parts and without jumps. Who knows, maybe YuNa quietly works on something new and will unleash it at Worlds? Wink

Oh ok. Thank you! Thank you!

I think it's pretty good from what I see so far. And that's kind of a lot coming from me, because she usually doesn't impress me so easily, and I never go crazy over her programs.
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Just realized that Yu-Na is ranked 3rd in the world by ISU as of today (March/April?)
http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsladies.htm
Shocked
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 pm

With Akiko and Carolina ahead of her? Neutral Don't get me wrong, I love these skaters, it just doesn't make sense. If it's because of the GP circuit you could argue why Alissa and Miki aren't ahead of them.

I'm going to sound ignorant but does anyone get the ISU World Standings? It's hard to take them seriously.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 am

Well finally she is down!
I was left quite perplexed whenever I saw her top the list - even without competing for so long...

0O As periperi stated above - I am also a bit weirded out that Carolina and Suzuki are ahead of her -_
Frankly I have no idea how they get those standings...Sweatdrop
But am guessing Yuna might be back on top if she skates first at Moscow!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:09 am

They're ahead of Yuna because of the B competitions, like Fin Trophy etc. I personally find this ranking a big joke.
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:13 am

periperi wrote:
With Akiko and Carolina ahead of her? Neutral Don't get me wrong, I love these skaters, it just doesn't make sense. If it's because of the GP circuit you could argue why Alissa and Miki aren't ahead of them.

I'm going to sound ignorant but does anyone get the ISU World Standings? It's hard to take them seriously.

Akiko and Carolina just participated in two internationals in Europe - Gardena Spring Trophy and Triglav Trophy. Both had pretty bad skates - Caroline scored about 109 and Akiko scored less than 100 in the FS, yet both won by large margins. These wins gives both of them 250 points for their "selected international competition". Honestly, Mao's skates at NHK this year would've gotten her second place at those competitions, and she may have won at others.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 pm

The ISU rankings are retarded. Back when Mao won worlds in 2008 Carolina was ranked #1 for the longest time. The rankings on ice network make much more sense. They take in to accountability more so the placements skaters achieve at events, rather than how many events like ISU does...
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:58 am

Star85 wrote:
The ISU rankings are retarded. Back when Mao won worlds in 2008 Carolina was ranked #1 for the longest time. The rankings on ice network make much more sense. They take in to accountability more so the placements skaters achieve at events, rather than how many events like ISU does...
Yep!
You are right. This one is more realistic.
Toss to Miki Ando!
cheersConfettiqueen
http://web.icenetwork.com/rankings/
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 am

maofan93 wrote:
periperi wrote:

Akiko and Carolina just participated in two internationals in Europe - Gardena Spring Trophy and Triglav Trophy. Both had pretty bad skates - Caroline scored about 109 and Akiko scored less than 100 in the FS, yet both won by large margins. These wins gives both of them 250 points for their "selected international competition". Honestly, Mao's skates at NHK this year would've gotten her second place at those competitions, and she may have won at others.

Thanks, I had no idea that those competitions counted... Sweatdrop

Anyway, I agree with Star85 and kitty that the icenetwork rankings make more sense.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:43 pm

I found this vid of Yuna, Minjeong, & Haejin dancing to a choreography that incorporates some of Yuna's "signature" moves!

Quote :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcoTbLMMeg0

How cute! Razz
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 pm

I guess this was the comeback of the 'Queen'!
Re watched the performances and I strongly feel Mao and Kanako were unfairly judged!

The big surprise was that - I like the FP of Yuna this season!
It is way better than Giselle!!
She doesn't seem to exert too much control!
No longer those 'ahhhh-about-to-puke' expressions!
Everything seems less fake - and what's surprising is that during her pros - We used to see many close-ups of her face - like when she starts - when she acts all 'actress on ice'!
I wonder if now they changed the angle or something...
But now you don't get to see her doing her charms -_-
It seems more like skating and less the 'Yuna theater'...
...a bit strange coming from Wilson - and quite frankly Yuna seems more in touch with her inner self much more than she did in the last two years -
Its more like what comes after the Ascending Lark season! - The last two seasons were like an unrecognizable Yuna!
Even the costumes have changed from 'almost diva-ish to normal skating costumes'
Guess Orser was the one who choosed Yuna's costumes - and this season with a less 'diva-ish' coach - Well Yuna went for less theatrical costumes...Who, me?

0O Obviously she failed to mount the whole thing to meet the expectations...
Expectations which were VERY high - But she saw that coming -
Hiding your pros - Hiding your costumes - No news - Not participating in other competitions!
It made almost everyone crazy wondering what is she planning?
She seemed rather stiff and reserved and was not attacking the program!
I wonder if she has to be that much dramatic in the FP! >.<
At some places - I was really expecting her to smile - Like her usual spiral smile -_-
But she remained quite rigid!...

She was over scored - But frankly - as as passionate fan of FS - She did good -
Not good to win gold! (and thank god not over scored to win gold!)

I wonder if she'll be keeping these pros - She might - considering how she only skated em just once!...any rumors of retiring?

An article where she faces question about her tears!
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i6lpDkbjQowWXZ70WirKc-JmpUbA?docId=CNG.279588144c0fd58d312ca2e921687d3b.8e1
Back to top Go down
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:30 pm

yuna just donated all the prize money that she won today to Japanese children via unicef..

http://www.nocutnews.co.kr/show.asp?idx=1790449

Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:59 pm

polly10 wrote:
yuna just donated all the prize money that she won today to Japanese children via unicef..

Beautiful gesture flower
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:19 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
polly10 wrote:

Beautiful gesture flower
Aww thats so nice about her Many Hearts
I was always sure she is nice flower and just their mad fans are the ones who make her look bad, also the judges Very Mad
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:59 am

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:51 am

klarification wrote:
I found this vid of Yuna, Minjeong, & Haejin dancing to a choreography that incorporates some of Yuna's "signature" moves!

Quote :

How cute! Razz

oh that is very adorable!

i know that not many are very excited about the japan vs. korea rivalry in skating for the future, but i am. i think that the new korean skaters are promising, such as haejin. and it's obvious the impact that yu-na made in her home country that will foster a skating powerhouse for the future (kind of like what midori ito did for japan starting in the early 1990's and look at the skating powerhouse japan is today!).
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:31 am

swan wrote:
klarification wrote:

Quote :

How cute! Razz

oh that is very adorable!

i know that not many are very excited about the japan vs. korea rivalry in skating for the future, but i am. i think that the new korean skaters are promising, such as haejin. and it's obvious the impact that yu-na made in her home country that will foster a skating powerhouse for the future (kind of like what midori ito did for japan starting in the early 1990's and look at the skating powerhouse japan is today!).

Haejin? Who is she? Can you link to a vid of her? cat
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:39 am

It's easy to be generous when you're loaded with cash, but it's still a very nice gesture of Yuna to donate the prizemoney!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:06 am

polly10 wrote:

I think this is very nice of her regardless of how much money she has. Thanks Yuna!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next