Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of China

Go down 
+18
aoi88
dlnnyc
josling
roma
bellarina
kaarolcia
ddmm
coconut
clovera
supportmaoasada
maowataiyo
Dani-Chan
Star85
Figure_skating_love
europeanfan
MikiAndoFan#1
tilitom
linglang
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Cup of China - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:35 am

clovera wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I didn't like the music she chose for her pros this season, btw...why is 'Witches of Eastwick' suddenly so popular? Leonova used it for her FP, too. I didn't like either of the music editing, but I guess Leonova's was a bit better. I already had a bad feeling when I saw Mirai's FP costume, I was right and it was 'Sayuri'...again!!! Does everyone have to skate to that or something??? It's not that I hate the melody, but it sounds so much more Chinese rather than Japanese for a film based in Japan. That music always reminds me of how folks in western countries totally have asian countrie's tastes mixed up. Rolling Eyes
But figure skating is all about overused music! /sarcasm Too sweet!

I'm fine with Witches of Eastwick - it's not even close to being in the Carmen category yet. I was more bothered with Totentanz still being used (twice at NHK), and unless I'm going crazy I've heard three variants of Aranjuez at this year's CoC already. Faint2

As for Sayuri/Memoirs of a Geisha...I honestly don't mind the mixing countries thing since all cultures are guilty of it and that particular film still tried IMO. NBC's Heroes was far, far worse. Both Yukari and CaroK skated to it at Tokyo Worlds '07, so I guess it's making an inevitable comeback. Sweatdrop

Yeah you're right...no use over complaining about overused skating music. Rolling Eyes
But while I can understand 'Totentanz' and 'Carmen' being popular, I don't think music from 'Witches of Eastwick' would be that good a choice for skating. Esp in Mirai's case, her pro didn't seem to be using much of the exciting parts of the soundtrack. 'Pirates of the Carribean' fit her nicely. I think she should go with something with more impact. Just my first impression though. I might end up liking it by the end of the season, who knows? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:48 am

I was anxious to see Mirai's LP. She was so cute. Many Hearts
It's a pitty she made those mistakes, but once she masters the program, it'll be just beautiful.

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I didn't like the music she chose for her pros this season, btw...why is 'Witches of Eastwick' suddenly so popular? Leonova used it for her FP, too. I didn't like either of the music editing, but I guess Leonova's was a bit better. I already had a bad feeling when I saw Mirai's FP costume, I was right and it was 'Sayuri'...again!!! Does everyone have to skate to that or something??? It's not that I hate the melody, but it sounds so much more Chinese rather than Japanese for a film based in Japan. That music always reminds me of how folks in western countries totally have asian countrie's tastes mixed up. Rolling Eyes

I'm guilty on that. Yep, Sadly

Miki did super fine. Very Happy
I'm not a fan of her style, but I hope she can shine this season and make judges regret what they did to her last WC. Frustrated

I'm also happy for Taka-chan. So far, three GP events, and two Japanese winners in men's Woot! (if only Nobu had won...).
Now what happened to BJou again? pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Yay Taka-chan!! I love watching his skating. It's so...SMOOTH.

Anyone have a link to Mirai's LP? Akiko and Miki's are on youtube, but I can't find Mirai's.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:30 pm

bellarina wrote:

Anyone have a link to Mirai's LP? Akiko and Miki's are on youtube, but I can't find Mirai's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRSx_kWbaNQ&feature=feedu

Cheering
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:49 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
bellarina wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRSx_kWbaNQ&feature=feedu

Cheering

YAY Thank you!!!

I heard about Mirai's downgrades before watching her program, and I was all set to rant about how the judges' expectations are coloring what they're seeing (i.e. those that expect a skater to underrotate will assume they do even if they actually don't), but her jumps were clearly underrotated this time..I'm a bit relieved that that's the case, instead of her landing her jumps fine but getting called for them anyway. I don't immediately love this program either, but I have a feeling that'll change as the season goes on.
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Cool i love Mirai´s dress, beautifull, matches with her and the music, and happy to see she is ok now. wanted to see her skating.
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I already had a bad feeling when I saw Mirai's FP costume, I was right and it was 'Sayuri'...again!!! Does everyone have to skate to that or something??? It's not that I hate the melody, but it sounds so much more Chinese rather than Japanese for a film based in Japan. That music always reminds me of how folks in western countries totally have asian countrie's tastes mixed up. Rolling Eyes

I totally agree with what you just said! I felt exactly same way as I watched Mirai's program and even costume. and it's kinda sad because I think she chose it for Worlds since it's gonna be in Tokyo but I guess most of Japanese feel same way as we do. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:42 pm

coconut wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I already had a bad feeling when I saw Mirai's FP costume, I was right and it was 'Sayuri'...again!!! Does everyone have to skate to that or something??? It's not that I hate the melody, but it sounds so much more Chinese rather than Japanese for a film based in Japan. That music always reminds me of how folks in western countries totally have asian countrie's tastes mixed up. Rolling Eyes

I totally agree with what you just said! I felt exactly same way as I watched Mirai's program and even costume. and it's kinda sad because I think she chose it for Worlds since it's gonna be in Tokyo but I guess most of Japanese feel same way as we do. Sweatdrop

Yukari used it in WC 2007, didn't she? The crowd seemed to have enjoyed it. At least I think so. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:08 pm

alyssa wrote:
coconut wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Yukari used it in WC 2007, didn't she? The crowd seemed to have enjoyed it. At least I think so. Razz

She did but the part she used from the music was kind of okay, and her costume really was Japanese thing for us too. but how they did to Mirai's music made it sound Chinese to me. and her shiny kimono inspired costume was a little weird. but I do hope she will skate good. No matter what kind of program she skates, if she does a clean skate, audience will for sure be happy for her. Yep!
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:15 am

OFF TOPIC

to COCONUT.

I cannot understand too. Why Japanese sells shiny yukata or kimono
at Asakusa to tourists. It is so fake and I dislike it alot. So in my
country, some studio has this shiny costume for someone who wants
to wear Japanese clothes for special photo. Please sell cotton one.
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:16 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
OFF TOPIC

to COCONUT.

oh please! its about making money. what is coconut supposed to do with this request? talk to the government?
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:03 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
OFF TOPIC

to COCONUT.

If you wanna get cotton yukata or kimono, it's better in Kyoto. You'll find it more traditional one with good price. I think what you find in Asakusa is more souvenir kind of products. About special photo studio in your country, I don't know what to say. Sweatdrop

By the way, I just noticed that Mirai's costume was already torn while she was skating, so I think she's gonna change it anyway. Considering she wasn't nearly ready to compete, I guess that affected my first impression of her program a little. She will definitely get everything together as the season goes so I can't wait to see it. cat
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:17 am

coconut wrote:
By the way, I just noticed that Mirai's costume was already torn while she was skating, so I think she's gonna change it anyway.

Actually, it's torn even before she started skating, probably damaged during practice? I'm not really found of her LP costume either.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:34 pm

I'm surprised to see no one has talked about the new Chinese team on here yet! For me, they were the highlight of the whole competition. They're so young (and cute) - 15 and 18! The girl fell and then went right on to land a quad throw next. I think they are on their way to becoming my favorite new pair! Pang and Tong were kind of off, which kind of surprised me after how great they did just a few weeks ago, and how consistent they have become.

I was really rooting for Marai... Sigh. I don't know if there are problems in her techniques or if it's more of a consistency problem. I would guess that it's consistency. It's really so frustrating when many of the most beautiful skaters have consistency problems (Alissa, Marai, Sasha, etc.), then some of the others that aren't quite so much don't such a big problem in that area (Rachel, Yuna, etc.). Miki did great though, and she really did deserve to win.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China   Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of China
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3