Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trophée TEB

Go down 
+24
dangerous_angel_face
MaoChan756
leo
☆Genie
purplemaze
chiyori
polosatik
Okami
Hotaru
klarification
Mao_Asada_sunrise
swan
clovera
Lady_in_black
zarinaballerina
alyssa
babayaga
shikure
ddmm
josling
Alokya
roma
europeanfan
ballerinamao
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Trophée TEB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
one thing that I can't stand is how the judges always try to boost carolinas score I mean there was nothing exceptional about her performance and she had quite a few big mistakes that should cost her, instead she gets boosted in her PCS the judges really love her that is for sure!
and if she didn't barely land her other jump she would have had a disastrous skate!! does she really have to fall several times before the judges finally realise that the second score is too high..sigh

And it's been like that for years now. Anyone remember 2008 worlds? to this day I don't understand how she landed on the podium, and the lead after the short! judges had to be blind that week Evil or Very Mad

And Mao has to skate her heart out to get slightly higher score than messy Caro. She singled the 3A at NHK and had an awesome skate after that and scored less than Caro today?!! This is a joke.

Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:31 pm

If someone was over-scored today,that would be in my opinion Alissa. Look on the protocol to see some massive GOE on her elements, besides her jumps of course. I mean, she completely missed her 3Lz(it was a 3Lz<<), had a bad combination and a shaky double axel and yet she is only one point lower than Mao in Japan and 2 points lower than Carolina here,who skated way better then Alissa. Alissa is a lovely girl but she didn't deserve her win in Skate America and her second place here in the short.

I know Carolina is not loved on this forum but I am a bit tired to see after every single skate of hers "she was over-scored". I don't think it was the case today. Look on the protocol, she was penalized for the mistakes she did
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 pm

lady in black, the technical controller may have penalized her, but the judges boosted her PCS score to make up for it... and it's not about not loving kostner it's about beeing realistic and look and compare, Murakami had a really good sp but her score wasn't even near a messy kostner.. does that make sense?? sometimes people and judges seem get used when some skaters making mistakes and therefor don't take it as hardly... but that doesn't justify her messy skate that doesn't match her score!! and I'm not saying it's her fault but maybe the judges are to thank for letting her believe that even with the easiest jumps and a few BIG mistakes, she could always rely on them when it comes to her second score! sigh

and alissa yes she also was overscored compared to what she delievered... one thing i hate about her is her big smile that just has become so fake after seen it at every competition...

tomorrow I am rooting for Liza and Murakami who really did a great job, I personally really enjoyed seeing them skate..
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
If someone was over-scored today,that would be in my opinion Alissa. Look on the protocol to see some massive GOE on her elements, besides her jumps of course. I mean, she completely missed her 3Lz(it was a 3Lz<<), had a bad combination and a shaky double axel and yet she is only one point lower than Mao in Japan and 2 points lower than Carolina here,who skated way better then Alissa. Alissa is a lovely girl but she didn't deserve her win in Skate America and her second place here in the short.

I know Carolina is not loved on this forum but I am a bit tired to see after every single skate of hers "she was over-scored". I don't think it was the case today. Look on the protocol, she was penalized for the mistakes she did
Alissa was dinged on her mistakes as well, however. Alissa receiving massive GOEs on her non-jump elements is a given - I don't understand why this is supposed to be alarming (except arguably on the footwork). Alissa is bar none the best spinner in the senior ladies field and absolutely deserves the +2s and +3s, especially when compared to the rest of the field who thanks to COP receives +1s and +2s for spins that are vastly inferior in centering, number of rotations, and speed.

As far as I can tell by the protocols and YT vids, the TES isn't in ridiculous-land, so the overscoring comments for CaroK and/or Alissa are rather unfounded. At least to me it is.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:18 pm

i don't even want to watch patrick's performance now.

and i'm trying to figure out who is hated more: evan or patrick.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 pm

i don't even want to watch patrick's performance now.

and i'm trying to figure out who is hated more: evan or patrick.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Ladies is finished already?! I'm so late. Lol!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Ladies is finished already?! I'm so late. Lol!

I was going to say that.

Patty's performance failed to inspire and yet... Shocked Well, I think he needs to focus on his quad, it's been failing him as of late.
Back to top Go down
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 pm

clovera wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

Alissa was dinged on her mistakes as well, however. Alissa receiving massive GOEs on her non-jump elements is a given - I don't understand why this is supposed to be alarming (except arguably on the footwork). Alissa is bar none the best spinner in the senior ladies field and absolutely deserves the +2s and +3s, especially when compared to the rest of the field who thanks to COP receives +1s and +2s for spins that are vastly inferior in centering, number of rotations, and speed.

As far as I can tell by the protocols and YT vids, the TES isn't in ridiculous-land, so the overscoring comments for CaroK and/or Alissa are rather unfounded. At least to me it is.

I agree with this assessment. I don't think either were really overscored, and looking at the protocols, points were deducted appropriately for the mistakes they made. I also agree about Alissa's spins... she is by far better than any of the other ladies, and I think she deserves those extra points the judges gave her.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:12 am

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2011/gpfra2011_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

I just wonder ~can judge adjust their scores if they make mistake?
Alissa was not good last night but 4.00 for transition ?

When I watched ladies' program, only those senior (compared to young one) skaters used whole rink.
If you watch Liza and Kanako, they rarely skate close to board.
This is really interesting.
Mao also uses TAT but she moves around everywhere to the end but Kanako didn't. so i don't think that is due to choreographer.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:24 am

shikure wrote:

When I watched ladies' program, only those senior (compared to young one) skaters used whole rink.
Mao also uses TAT but she moves around everywhere to the end but Kanako didn't. so i don't think that is due to choreographer.

I don't think judges can change their scores, once they' re out. (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The use of a whole rink only demonstrates how good this skaters are, and to think that Mao spends most of her footwork on one foot, shows how special she is. Wub

I thought Kanako dropped TAT's choreo because it was to hard for her?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:52 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
shikure wrote:

I don't think judges can change their scores, once they' re out. (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The use of a whole rink only demonstrates how good this skaters are, and to think that Mao spends most of her footwork on one foot, shows how special she is. Wub

I thought Kanako dropped TAT's choreo because it was to hard for her?

I thought kanako dropped TAT's choreo but her SP still choreo by TAT~but not original one
Mao is in Sato team now and she can do that better and easier than before since she gains a lot of speed now cheers cheers ~ Taka did something similar in 2007 JSC too and even in some of his EXs.

Senior skaters will check the usage of rink during practice. If my memory is correct, Akko did her step to the end of rink in both SC and NHK. Taka is good example too that he always lands his first 3A in the corner which made him getting good GOE. of course, Dai's steps is always cross whole rink.

On the other hand, choreographer can help too. Look at Haruka's programs this year, she is not so senior but she used whole rink in SA. That may related to personality too. Haruka is famous of her "Bold" and she used whole rink even last year.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:16 am

My word...I don't think I've ever seen Tono skate this badly on the GP, ever. Sad
Did he reinjure himself yesterday? His pre-comp practices looked fine, so I'm really hoping that isn't the case.

ETA: Kevin Reynolds withdraws due to food poisoning. Eek. Faint2
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:01 am

shikure wrote:

I thought kanako dropped TAT's choreo but her SP still choreo by TAT~but not original one

Actually it's a completely new SP. Tatiana's SP was set to "Granada" (TAT choreographed a SP for Elene Gedevanishvili using this music in 2005/06). "Violin Muse", Kanako's new program, was choreographed by Machiko Yamada and Mihoko Higuchi.

clovera wrote:
My word...I don't think I've ever seen Tono skate this badly on the GP, ever. Sad
Did he reinjure himself yesterday? His pre-comp practices looked fine, so I'm really hoping that isn't the case.

Actually, the practice clips worried me because he was shown landing 4-3, while just before CoC his doctors told him to take it easy because his leg wasn't completely healed yet (and I doubt less than 2 weeks was enough rest). And then according to the reports he started to struggle with non-quad jumps in the practices...

Such a shame, because I like Nobu's programs/overall look this season. And the SP, despite the flawed jumps, was great yesterday - much more details were added since CoC and the step sequence looked awesome (that super-fast twizzle!). (I'm afraid to watch the LP now Sad ). It would be such a shame for him to miss the World team, but if his leg isn't completely healed, he might end up not being able to compete at all. Sad

Quote :
ETA: Kevin Reynolds withdraws due to food poisoning. Eek. Faint2

Ouch. Sad Hope he recovers soon!

Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:04 am

Hi Guys

I'm ready for a sleepless night again.

Any link to watch TEB live ?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:06 am

ppl said there is something wrong with the rink now
since ppl withdrew from TEB before beginning, withdrew during TEB, then werid thing happen to ppl stayed in the competition.

Now we have P-chan and Michal in GPF confirmed. Nan Song passed Taka in scores so unless Yuzuru wins big in CoR, Song Nan may be in GPF now.
Now looks like it's really hard for Japan to get second spot in the GPF Sad

and Michal will go to CoR to ruin others' chance to GPF, like Carolina in TEB, stupid ISU rules
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:13 am

So the injury is the reason of bad performances from Nobu? Sad I think it was the worst i've seen from him. (except 2010 worlds)
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:16 am

Haven't seen Nan Song's program yet. Has he been that great ?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:16 am

any livestream that will show ladies FS?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:18 am

ddmm wrote:

still bad PCS and nice TES especially it's totally tragedy for men's event.
But his performance is not as good as CoC since he got some minus GOE.
overall he is stable this year and with big chance to GPF.
since only possibility that he can't be in GPF will be Yuzuru places first, Javier places 2 and Jeremy places 3.
and Yuzuru need to get very high point to passed him.

Last edited by shikure on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:19 am

ballerinamao wrote:
any livestream that will show ladies FS?
I think the hahasport should be working, but I don't remember the name of the link scratch
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 am

shikure wrote:
ddmm wrote:

still bad PCS and nice TES especially it's totally tragedy for men's event.
But his performance is not as good as CoC since he got some minus GOE.
overall he is stable this year and with big chance to GPF.
since only possibility that he can't be in GPF will be Yuzuru places first, Javier places 2 and Jeremy places 3.
and Yuzuru need to get very high point to passed him.

OIC! thanks Shikure. I didn't know this skater before.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:34 am

When Nan Song will get a better choreography, improve on his spins and show some emotion, he'll be fighting for the world medals. His jumps are really good.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:36 am

thaanks polosatik it's working!
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 am

Nan Song was really good, as zarinaballerina said, if he improves his non-jump elements, he can challenge for a World medal. Smile

polosatik wrote:
So the injury is the reason of bad performances from Nobu? Sad I think it was the worst i've seen from him. (except 2010 worlds)

I ended up watching it on YT. Sad
It seemed to me like he injured himself, maybe after landing the 3A (or earlier, but landing the upper tier jumps aggravated the injury). It looked different from that SP at Worlds - back then the problem seemed to be mostly mental, here Nobu actually tried to push through the program. The beginning was OK (huge 3A in the opening combo, then nice 3-3), but after the fall on the doubled flip everything started to fall apart. Jumps, footwork, transitions - everything looked "crooked", as if Nobunari was skating through pain. Sad

I hope he recovers in time before Nationals! pale

Here's another working link to a live stream:
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/12/100/v-330080.html
Pairs are skating now. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophée TEB
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next