Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trophée TEB

Go down 
+24
dangerous_angel_face
MaoChan756
leo
☆Genie
purplemaze
chiyori
polosatik
Okami
Hotaru
klarification
Mao_Asada_sunrise
swan
clovera
Lady_in_black
zarinaballerina
alyssa
babayaga
shikure
ddmm
josling
Alokya
roma
europeanfan
ballerinamao
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
leo

Trophée TEB - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:19 pm

chiyori wrote:

ETA: I'm very surprised at Alissa's FS score as well. Besides the jump stalking and general lack of transition and speed, I was sure she UR'ed a lot... but not a single < on her protocol sheet... Am I crazy?? I'm usually quite good at spotting URs... Suspect

Hi Chiyori, you are not alone.

Indeed, most Alissa's jumps seem to me quite under-rotated. But no < at all, now I am confused. On the other hand, Liza's jumps are cracking clean, easy and flawless.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:20 pm

purplemaze wrote:
Congratulations to all the medalist in the ladies event! Woke up just in time to watch the 2nd group. Wow for Elizaveta! She won both her GP events in her first Senior Grand Prix. Not even Mao nor Yuna did that on their first Senior GP. So i think this is such a huge achievement for her.

I still have not checked the protocols but, how much did Alissa scored for her LP? If i'm not wrong, Mao scoring 125.77 for her LP in the last NHK, makes her garnering the highest LP scores so far in this GP season. Please, anyone kindly correct me if i am wrong?

I am sad for Oda'kun, I hope it's nothing serious, and that he will bounce back in time at least for the Nationals. Same goes for K. Murakami who btw was quite good with her - mastering her weakest jump - the 3L, so far in this TEB event.

Alissa won 121 in fs, and she won the free skate. Yeah. Mao is in good shape if she does better than NHK, but not pressure. I just want her to smile in her second competition.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Liza was on fire~! Rockstar

When will the gala be?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 pm

finally woke up and watched ladies' event.
Since I can't find the protocols on the thread, I posted here Smile
maybe someone wakes up after me can see it easier.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2011/gpfra2011_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Good to see Kanako smiled in the end since she didn't fall on the ice. now she has one month to fix her jumps before national championship. btw, she skated close to the board at least once, maybe it means she has her confidence back a little bit.

Alissa, she doubted herself when she landed her jump and you can see that on her face. But it's not her fault to get those scores. Just like Mao and Taka said that in interview, they said they just do what they can do and how to been scored is not what they can decided. and If I am not wrong, when Alissa moved to let Caro passed to go on the rink, she gave her a smile and said "good luck".

Caro finally can take a little bit rest and be ready for GPF...thanks those stupid rules from ISU that she can't withdraw from this. Mad

Liza was as good as usual but to me she will grow after then. let's wait and see what she can do in GPF.

at least, ladies' event is not as a disaster as men's event..sigh.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Wow! Congrats to Liza, Caro and Alissa. Haven't watched the videos yet except for Liza's short as my week had been very hectic and stressful. Liza just made a record for winning both her GP events in her senior debut. But then there's still GPF left.

Our dear Mao who wasn't flawless at NHK but still keeps on improving already posted the highest FS score of the season and the 2nd highest overall score. Lets just hope she continues to improve and be confident this week at CoR. I soooo want her to be in GPF badly after missing it for two years.

I'm rather hoping Sato-sensei will advice Mao something like if she can't land 3A consistently yet, just go for the 2A in competition. That then do everything cleanly and see how she get's scored for that. If she skates clean (correct Lz, no underrotation/downgrade, no negative GOE) then he'll allow her to go for the 3A in next competition. Sort of a reward... but then that's just my wish. I really want to see how judges will score a flawless Mao without 3A.

Looks like NHK2011 still stands as the best GP event so far...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:48 pm

I am extremely happy for Liza - and downright afraid for Mao!...
Will it be enough to win without a 3-3 in her arsenal?
Liza reminds me of young Mao - How she started her ride!! Very Happy

I find Caro's score to be dubious - Like seriously! 0_0
She barely had four jumps - Some of which seemed UR to my eye!
Kanako did a great job! I hope she makes the nationals! Smile

Arrrg am supremely nervous for Mao's next event now! I hope she wins a gold medal at Cor!
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:42 am

Went to watch TEB live!

ladies. . . the scores. . . they're a little bit ridiculous but the placements are fair, so I'm not gonna complain.
Congrats Liza!!! I was rooting for her. Winning your two gp events on your senior debut at 14, that's amazing!
I must say, Caro's speed stood out. I saw her live once before (TEB 2009), and was surprised that she wasn't faster than the other skaters, but that must have been due to being in bad condition, because here she was faster than anyone else. (Alissa and Kanako already looked faster than the others, and Caro was much faster than both of them)
Alissa's skating skills were great too. Very light, you can't hear her blades touching the ice at all but she has effortless speed. I was a little surprised at how thin Alissa looked, she never gave me the impression of being a particularly skinny skater, but to the naked eye she looked even skinnier than the other skaters. (I already saw Alissa live once at last year's teb, but for some reason I don't remember what I felt watching her very well. I was probably too preoccupied by Mao)
Kanako and her smile are even cuter in real life. Many Hearts I'm happy she did better than Cup of China, and seemed pretty happy. Her and Machiko Yamada walked hand in hand after the kiss&cry, they looked like grandmother and granddaughter and it was heartwarming. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:42 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:

Alissa's skating skills were great too. Very light, you can't hear her blades touching the ice at all but she has effortless speed. I was a little surprised at how thin Alissa looked, she never gave me the impression of being a particularly skinny skater, but to the naked eye she looked even skinnier than the other skaters. (I already saw Alissa live once at last year's teb, but for some reason I don't remember what I felt watching her very well. I was probably too preoccupied by Mao)

I saw Alissa once before, that was during the last 4CC. I was also surprised that she looked quite thin, esp. from the back. Then I recalled reading somewhere that Alissa is vegetarian (maybe that's why?)
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:50 am

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20111120-00000042-kyodo_sp-spo.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Update on Nobu:

He will have medical check on his left knee upon returning to Japan and may skip JPN nationals (Dec. 23-25) depending on the result. Nobu says he wants to decide within a week whether he will compete at nationals or not. (By taking a leave) if his knee heals completely and he will not have a relapse of pain, he thinks it's best (way to do). His final goal is 2014 Sochi Olympics. Nobu says he is planning to retire after Sochi, so he wants to keep this goal clearly in focus.

Poor Nobu Depressed Crying
I sincerely hope his knee will get better soon. If he needs, he should take a leave and don't push himself too much. Hopefully, meanwhile I hope he will do a lot of drills on zayak rule and mental strength. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 am

I feel so sorry for obu he has soo much talent and have missed quite a few podius because of some stupid mistakes, hope he will come back strong..
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:05 am

I also thought Alissa was thinner this season.

Conragts to Liza. I am curious to see how she will grow. She is just like Mao few years ago. Let's see how she grows with pressure and body change.

Patty....no comment about him. It s...ks.
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:36 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
I am extremely happy for Liza - and downright afraid for Mao!...

Arrrg am supremely nervous for Mao's next event now! I hope she wins a gold medal at Cor!

I feel similarly about Liza, I love to watch her skate and look forward to every performance from her but I can't help but feel a sort of nagging sense of nervousness that the start of her (and the other russian girls') era might signal the end of Mao's. It's similar to how I first felt about Sasha Cohen while I was still a Michelle Kwan fanatic, although my love for Sasha eventually eclipsed my love for Michelle.
I really don't think anyone can surpass how I feel about Mao though Wub but I am loving Liza right about now...

As for COR, honestly, where Mao places is less important to me than the fact that she will most likely be making the GPF again after two years of missing it cheers That makes me so happy...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:13 pm

[quote="ElleluvsL"][quote="MaoChan756"]I am extremely happy for Liza - and downright afraid for Mao!...

[/quote]

I feel similarly about Liza, I love to watch her skate and look forward to every performance from her but I can't help but feel a sort of nagging sense of nervousness that [b]the start of her (and the other russian girls') era might signal the end of Mao's.[/b] It's similar to how I first felt about Sasha Cohen while I was still a Michelle Kwan fanatic, although my love for Sasha eventually eclipsed my love for Michelle.
I really don't think anyone can surpass how I feel about Mao though [img]https://2img.net/u/2614/83/63/57/smiles/335418.gif[/img] but I am loving Liza right about now...

As for COR, honestly, where Mao places is less important to me than the fact that she will most likely be making the GPF again after two years of missing it cheers That makes me so happy...[/quote]

what the hell even a rocky Mao should be able to beat liza & adelina LOL.. I think you are really exageratting and overhyping them.. even without a 3A ad a 3-3 and a few mistakes Mao still scored higher then everyone else in this season... and I don't know if you have noticed it, but Mao has gotten her jumps back, and her other element look as good as ever... and artistically Mao looks like a totally different person compared to last year she is enjoying the competition and you could clearly feel her joy when she is on the ice, and most importantly Mao has found her confidence again... so I think this will be a magnificent season for Mao... and with her jumps & confidence back and I seriously don't see anyone stopping her unless Mao totally bombs, which is pretty unlikely!!!
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Unconscious Unconscious
ballerinamao wrote:

what the hell even a rocky Mao should be able to beat liza & adelina LOL.. I think you are really exageratting and overhyping them.. even without a 3A ad a 3-3 and a few mistakes Mao still scored higher then everyone else in this season... and I don't know if you have noticed it, but Mao has gotten her jumps back, and her other element look as good as ever... and artistically Mao looks like a totally different person compared to last year she is enjoying the competition and you could clearly feel her joy when she is on the ice, and most importantly Mao has found her confidence again... so I think this will be a magnificent season for Mao... and with her jumps & confidence back and I seriously don't see anyone stopping her unless Mao totally bombs, which is pretty unlikely!!!

Yes, of course I know that Mao can beat Liza and Adelina now, there's no question about that, it's the two or three years ahead, namely the Sochi Olympics, that I'm a little worried about...because a russian sweep there is within possibility if these girls continue to progress the way they seem to be, and I want Mao on that podium...but yes, I know that that's far away from now and that I'm being paranoid...but I guess I'm trying to prepare myself so as not to be caught off gaurd in a worst case scenario, it's just how I am Unconscious

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:20 pm

well that I do understand elleluvsL
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:52 pm

I don´t want to be pesimist about liza but she is only fourteen and her body will change a lot in coming years, please she has more in front of her body than mao , I know she has very good technique but is not always enough and even with talent she can become a headcase like Mirai, with teenagers you never know.
But yes right now she is fantastic
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 pm

chapis wrote:
I don´t want to be pesimist about liza but she is only fourteen and her body will change a lot in coming years, please she has more in front of her body than mao , I know she has very good technique but is not always enough and even with talent she can become a headcase like Mirai, with teenagers you never know.
But yes right now she is fantastic

Actually, that's what I thought, too, watching her jump. We'll see as time goes by, but remember, Akiko has the highest scores of the season so far.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Two interesting comments from Liza. the source was unknown maybe the language I didn't know Smile

1. Liza said the only use left side of rink is due to choreography, and they will work on that later (not saying when)---apparently they saw those criticism

2. In Skate Canada, she was the new girl in GPS and she can't fit in the skaters. Akko was the first person approached her and talked to her, after that other skaters also talked to her. sounds like all skaters are nice and they just don't know if Liza wants to talk to them or not. she was the mystery to them Smile
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:48 pm

hehe I just saw the medal ceremony... Liza is so tiny! Of course, she's unlucky to have to share the podium with 2 of the tallest ladies currently competing but lol! She's like barely taller than Carolina and Alissa's shoulder. Cute!! Swoon

I certainly hope the puberty monster doesn't wreck havoc on her career like it did on so many others. But I've been reading that in her family, people are very small so maybe she has a chance. Her technique is fantastic and her jumps have good height (proportionally... I don't find them very high, but she is tiny) so even has she puts on some weight (it's just impossible that her body won't change), I hope she will be able to work through it.

Of the russian stars, I think Adelina might have a harder time with growing up. She looks like the kind of girl who will shoot up before growing some curves, which usually takes a couple more years than girls who tend to grow less tall but in a more balanced way. Actually, I thought that about Liza as well because she was all arms and legs, but she seems to be growing some moderate curves without really growing in height that much. We can just wait and see... maybe the family genes skipped her and she has a really tall grandfather or something... or maybe she just has insanely long arms and legs... I hope she grows a little though 'cause IMO, they're so long it's a little distracting. Adelina has obviously grown a lot already since last season. And she has had a couple reported injuries in the last 2 seasons, which is not really a good sign.

Anyway, I'll stop with the puberty talk here because it's pretty useless. Anything can happen. However, I really hope for the best because they could become great. And whatever happens, I don't think they will be the end for Mao. She has been beaten and she will be beaten again in the future, be it by veterans like Akiko or Carolina, or by youngsters like Liza and Adelina. But Mao is a fighter and I'm sure she will do everything she can to be able to fight them... Where's the fun when there's no challenge?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophée TEB   Trophée TEB - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophée TEB
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4