Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 World Figure Skating Championships

Go down 
+60
josling
sadistyi
haruka25
princessinpink
Czarace
qingshui
klarification
pearlyriver
MaiKitty
will_power
MaoChan756
aoi88
chapis
Luckyone
alyssa
nrohhcnerf
SAKURA
purplemaze
cera
Rose
swan
skfan
fgr8sktrfn
Haidogirl
BounceAround
ClairDeMao
Ken Himura
bellarina
shikure
sweetdream
skating_fanatic
timdanlo
illani
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chiyori
europeanfan
bibi
sapphiresky
roma
dangerous_angel_face
sarahjoanne419
koala_lover
ElleluvsL
polosatik
dawnsherearequiet
linglang
babayaga
ballerinamao
Alokya
maowataiyo
jkblues
ddmm
kaarolcia
ashcroft1086
Afsfan
Lady_in_black
Okami
zarinaballerina
Abdiel
patknowsbest
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:52 pm

princessinpink wrote:
I don't think we should give the judges a hard time about yuzu's placing 2nd on fp...his jumps had better edges coming out. And the difference was not even a point. the PCS was higher for Daisuke and I think that wasn't all that unfair...

PChan though is a better story...it makes being Canadian almost hard Sad

No I agree with you about Yuzuru. I could see why they would be close... Dai two-footed the quad, had a tight landing on his 3A-3T and UR another jump, but those are all mistakes that you only spot if you look for them and know where to look. Yuzuru tripped and fell quite obviously so I get why my friends were scratching their heads. I explained to them that he didn't trip on an element and therefore only got a -1 deduction on the overall score and maybe took a tiny hit in PCS, but that Dai had tiny technical mistakes on a few jumps, which hurt his TES.

Yuzuru should have won the free, followed closely by Daisuke and Patrick should have been 3rd (in the free). As to whether Patrick should have won overall or not, I'm still on the fence about that. He did have 2 gorgeous quads and a 3A which gives him a small technical cushion on Dai and Yuzuru, who both had a quad and two 3A, which he lost by messing up the 2A in a major way and only doing a 2S in his sequence. I also think the judges went a little overboard with the GOE, and that he should have gotten just about the same PCS as Dai. It should have been as close a call as the pairs for me.
Back to top Go down
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Given the sp, which i thought was relatively fair for Dai and PChan, PChan might have won overall by like a fraction of a point. He shouldn't have won by that much, especially when the performance was just so flawed. The judges bascially gave it to him with PCS...

I really hope Yuzuru goes on to include two quads, since he can do such beautiful 4t-3ts when he's on. The only problem might be stamina Crying or Very sad which he can't really control. Maybe coach abe will come up with something. Seeing her cry for Yuzuru's performance made me believe they could overcome everything together Wub
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:57 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjVMrXXTGU
^ Here is the Japanese TV version of Mao's LP with a short interview afterwards.
Could somebody transalte?

One more thing about the Japanese tv broadcast.

I've just visitied the golden skate forum to see whether something interesting has been posted and in fact: it has.
One of the posters in this thred: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?36629-LADIES-FREE-Skate/page60, has written:
Quote :
..her practice in Japan went well and 3As were nearly perfect then. Mao said after-FP interview she had lost the feeling of rotate it. Besides,Japanese TV shows her nosebleed during Leonova's skate. Not sure it was a reason of her luck of fucus though.
Can our Japanese members confirm it?
If that is true, than something could have been wrong with Mao physically.. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 pm

2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 E0199610
from twitter
not sure is nosebleed but looks like

about all the PCS discussion, I think i am okay with this worlds. yuruzu is amazing as that young age, but the way using his blades is way behind patrick. if taka only got 7 in SS, everyone there no need to feel too frustrated and feel unfair.

for ladies' event, I still don't get Alena's programs. and her looks like clone of Miki but without charm of miki.

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:33 pm

shikure wrote:
from twitter

Whoa. What happened? Shocked

Anyway, if you would ask me, Patrick definitely has a place in the podium but his PCS is just a joke to me sometimes. I still feel bad for him because the crowd evidently displayed their displeasure with the results, but I sure hope this would not spawn a "I'm very unappreciated skater" rant all over again.
Back to top Go down
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:46 pm

there is no way patrick uses his blades 5 points better than daisuke tho Sad taka's being underscored doesn't mean that patrick's being overscored is okay..

But i definitely agree that patrick has a place on the podium and like i said given the short i think it may not be that strange that he won the gold...it's more like by how much because it's really deflating to other competitors emotionally too!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:04 pm

klarification wrote:
shikure wrote:
from twitter

Oh... wow... well that could explain quite a bit of what took place on the ice, though she seemed to have had it under control by then, otherwise she would have pulled a Mirai on the ice. I wonder if Taka-chan blew her a kiss from the stands to cause that nosebleed (manga-mind activated... lol).

But seriously, even if it was totally alright after a few minutes and she had no pain, this probably messed up her focus big time. Now I can watch her FS and imagine she was thinking something like "darn, I hope I don't spew blood everywhere when I do that jump!" while going into her first jump. Then she missed and it just went down from there.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 pm

princessinpink wrote:
there is no way patrick uses his blades 5 points better than daisuke tho Sad taka's being underscored doesn't mean that patrick's being overscored is okay..

But i definitely agree that patrick has a place on the podium and like i said given the short i think it may not be that strange that he won the gold...it's more like by how much because it's really deflating to other competitors emotionally too!

i didn't mean the blades worth 5 points...I wrote that on local PTT and i can write it again here. that is all about COP. fall in easy jump...then less loss. then some skaters' PCS won't be impact by fall or mistake...that is the issue. even you saw a "visually" clean and sensational program, COP won't reward that. they only see UR, full rotation in air position or something like that.

Personally, I preferred Dai than Patrick but what I see is at least Patrick didn't receive "sky high" score, that is why i said I can take it this time.
sorry for let you feel unhappy since I talk about the blades thing, but if you read local forum, maybe those ppl saw him live will frustrate you more that is all i can say.

chiyori wrote:
klarification wrote:
shikure wrote:
from twitter

Oh... wow... well that could explain quite a bit of what took place on the ice, though she seemed to have had it under control by then, otherwise she would have pulled a Mirai on the ice. I wonder if Taka-chan blew her a kiss from the stands to cause that nosebleed (manga-mind activated... lol).

But seriously, even if it was totally alright after a few minutes and she had no pain, this probably messed up her focus big time. Now I can watch her FS and imagine she was thinking something like "darn, I hope I don't spew blood everywhere when I do that jump!" while going into her first jump. Then she missed and it just went down from there.

chiyori, I love you (can i say that LOL?) you made me laugh sunny
I saw something interesting (not romantic) from 2ch and will post to shipper thread later , although I am so frustrated for Taka and Mao but you cheer me up Smile

Last edited by shikure on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
haruka25

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm so depressed right now. So sad for Mao and Taka! Sad I really wish to see Mao skate her FS clean. I wonder if Taka will keep his FS since he hasn't been able to perform it clean even once this season. The good thing is this season is finally over, and both Mao and Taka can rest. After all that they have been through, they deserve to enjoy and have a vacation. I'm sure that they will come back strong next season!

On the other hand, I'm glad that Japan won 4 medals. Congrats to Dai, Yuzuru, Akiko, Narumi and Mervin! Even Kanako won a small medal in her SP. Team Japan is the best! cheers

@chiyori lol! the bit about the nosebleed cheered me up!

@shikure you made me curious. i will be waiting for your post in the shipper thread Wink
Back to top Go down
sadistyi

sadistyi

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:08 pm

i just registered, lol nice to know everyone Razz ~~~
Back to top Go down
sadistyi

sadistyi

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:12 pm

also wheres the shipper thread? lol!
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:25 am

Welcome to the forum sadistyi!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:33 am

chiyori wrote:

Oh... wow... well . I wonder if Taka-chan blew her a kiss from the stands to cause that nosebleed (manga-mind activated... lol).

Laughing

babayaga wrote:

Thanks chiyori, that was very refreshing! I have to say Patrick defenders at other forums don't sound very convincingly this time either. Their most common response now is "Patrick is better than Daisuke in every component because he is better and you don't understand why because you don't understand figure skating". Pretty much telling everyone who doesn't think that Patrick is best at everything they are stupid and uneducated. Given the reactions from many people (including Lakernik's interview) I have a feeling Patrick may be brought back to earth next season, component-wise. I don't mind him winning when he is great, but I hope to see him loosing competitions when he makes mistakes.

It is really annoying (so much till it make me laugh) to see how "Chanatic" trash Daisuke at Golden Skate.

They criticize that he is boring, skate with boring program, use the same movement all the time and even has less connection to music compare to their god and of course they know about COP, other are just have stupid mass attitude. Some even go so far to imply that French boo at Chan because Chan use to have word war with Joubert. scratch Or Chan got the boo because there are a lot of Japanese audience (did they ever watch live figure skate competition in Japan, they are one of the best crown). Commentator

I can't help but think how ignorant people can be.

Re Mao: I really think she will be fine, she show in practise that she still has it in her. May be she just need to readjust some training plan to focus more on quality than quantity (less time in practise and give focus on the right issues). Next season, if she come out with Rotated 3F - 3Loop having a 3A or not she still be podium contender.

And sadistyi!, welcome to the forum Very Happy

Last edited by Afsfan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 am

skating_fanatic wrote:
Welcome to the forum sadistyi!! cheers
welcome sadistyi cheers cheers and you may need to have enough posts to access secret source ~ I am waiting for you there Smile

ETA: thanks amazing administrators for new banner of the forum~ I love you all sunny
Back to top Go down
haruka25

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 am

hi sadistyi! welcome to the forum Very Happy

are you a Mao-Taka shipper? Who, me?
Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 am

i was bit a sad after learning/reading about the results of the ladies free skate.. so i couldn't open my laptop for a few days...

anyway, mao will have a great season this year.. i just hope she doesn't get too tired on her trainings and not too much ice shows/exhibitions for her... Very Happy i know that will be torture for us mao fans.. but i don't want her tiring out/exhausted because of her schedule.. Smile
Back to top Go down
sadistyi

sadistyi

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:13 am

OH I see~~ and yea i am a mao-taka shipper for sure lol~~
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:17 am

Oh no, poor Mao, I hope there was nothing serious Sad
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 am

wish Mao sometimes would tell if there is anything wrong with her! that picture and the way mao was hesitating in her fs show that something must have been off
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 am

I saw that on twitter but didn't see formal news released about the nosebleed.
that happened when Alena was on ice then the situation was sort of serious. she managed o stop that right before she was on ice and no time to fixed her make up.

the other thing, she said something like she will listen to coach's opinion more about 2A v.s. 3A decision making. I understand she wants to do that so bad since she can do it when she was in nagoya but she finally understands that she may need to listen to others' advise.

the other thing, kumiko sensei said before FS, 3A is something Mao felt she can count on. sounds like Mao felt confused again even she decided to go for 2A by herself in NHK, CoR and Nats and she did well without 3A. maybe the fall in SP made her thinking about rely on 3A again.

I will update if I find any formal source like news articles.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:14 am

thanks for the news shikure, anyway does anyone have mao 2012 worlds fs with british europort? would love to see it
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:19 am

ballerinamao wrote:
thanks for the news shikure, anyway does anyone have mao 2012 worlds fs with british europort? would love to see it

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-zI2IREnLs&feature=plcp&context=C40147e1VDvjVQa1PpcFM74CdB5xxTpJSBinl4bsJrTxOnTprfMbo%3D

Nice as always these guys. Good to know she landed some in practice 3F-3L.
Is Mao going to take part in World Team Trophy?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-zI2IREnLs&feature=plcp&context=C40147e1VDvjVQa1PpcFM74CdB5xxTpJSBinl4bsJrTxOnTprfMbo%3D

Nice as always these guys. Good to know she landed some in practice 3F-3L.
Is Mao going to take part in World Team Trophy?

They will have the conference of WTT as of April 4, 2012.
According to the world ranking the order will be Dai, Yuzuru, Akko, Miki (sub. kanako), T/T, Reeds.
The question mark now is Miki's spot and no one understands JSF...so
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:44 am

sadistyi wrote:

I would like to know where the shipper thread is too? I need some Mao-Taka news badly.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:51 am

Nice to meet you, sadistyi! flower

qingshui wrote:
sadistyi wrote:

I would like to know where the shipper thread is too? I need some Mao-Taka news badly.

http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t659-for-all-the-k-m-shippers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 World Figure Skating Championships
Page 36 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next