Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 World Figure Skating Championships

Go down 
+60
josling
sadistyi
haruka25
princessinpink
Czarace
qingshui
klarification
pearlyriver
MaiKitty
will_power
MaoChan756
aoi88
chapis
Luckyone
alyssa
nrohhcnerf
SAKURA
purplemaze
cera
Rose
swan
skfan
fgr8sktrfn
Haidogirl
BounceAround
ClairDeMao
Ken Himura
bellarina
shikure
sweetdream
skating_fanatic
timdanlo
illani
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chiyori
europeanfan
bibi
sapphiresky
roma
dangerous_angel_face
sarahjoanne419
koala_lover
ElleluvsL
polosatik
dawnsherearequiet
linglang
babayaga
ballerinamao
Alokya
maowataiyo
jkblues
ddmm
kaarolcia
ashcroft1086
Afsfan
Lady_in_black
Okami
zarinaballerina
Abdiel
patknowsbest
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39
AuthorMessage
MaiKitty

2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

@josling
Thanks for your report. That must've been an amazing experience. I'm also from NRW and wanted to go to Nice, but unfortunately my financial situation is not that good, atm. I know I will regret it, because it doesn't seem like I will see my favourite skaters before they end their career because most competitions are far away from here. Maybe at least Yuzuru one day. ;_;

By the way I posted something here
on the German Yahoo Message Board (under the nickname of daenymeria) and I hope that maybe Eurosport People will read the thread and change something in terms of broadcasting. I don't think they'll change Heinrich/Schamberger's weird comments. Yep, Sadly Maybe some more people could write to them?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:02 pm

MaiKitty wrote:
@josling

on the German Yahoo Message Board (under the nickname of daenymeria) and I hope that maybe Eurosport People will read the thread and change something in terms of broadcasting. I don't think they'll change Heinrich/Schamberger's weird comments. Yep, Sadly Maybe some more people could write to them?

I loved your post! I couldn't believe my eyes (when reading) at everything these two had said about Japanese athletes! Shocked This is trully disrespectful!!! Though I do think you were a bit too kind to them in the end of your post. Razz
I don't buy for a second, that Sigi and Hendrick didn't know what happened to Mao in december. Mad In the past they were well informed about what's going on with athletes (who is fighting or coming off an injury...), so unless this has changed (which I doubt), they knew about it, but just didn't mention.
And don't even get me started on their love affair with Karo Costner... Rolling Eyes Thank God for British Europsort! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 am

So I haven't gotten to put my two cents in on worlds at all yet. I'll try to keep it short:

Well there were really no surprises now were there? The one's who were expected to win won. Sleep. I was expecting Mao to at least medal, but alas... I'm so glad the audience was so supportive and kind to Mao, especially at the end of the FS. Not every skater gets that kind of support. That just goes to show how much she is appreciated and loved, and people forgive her for not skating perfect, and they really support and understand where she's at in her life and career. Not every skater gets that warm treatment Smile

About the 3A? It's always been an exciting thing with Mao, and I've always been on the fan wagon with it, but I'm finally starting to have mixed feelings about it... I know it's not as easy for her to do now that her body is a little older. I wonder jut how much of her consistency problem with it has to do with the age factor, and how much of it has to do with other things... Any thoughts on this?

About Patrick and the booing: For the life of me, I can't understand how programs that aren't even perfect keep getting record breaking scores Frustrated! I don't judge those of you on here who say you were the ones booing (I won't even remember which ones you are by tomorrow). However, I do think it was wrong. Like I said on the FB page, I think a more appropriate time to boo is when the scores come up. It will still sting the skater some, but it's considered a bit more appropriate and acceptable, and it also sends a better message to the judges. Booing a skater on the pedestal is even more hurtful for them them than in the kiss and kry - and it doesn't send as strong of a message to the judges, cause it comes off more like the booing is aimed toward the skater personally. It's not Patrick's fault that the judges made him winner. The swearing and everything else is going way too far.

However, I do hope something good came out of all this. I hope the judges and the ISU start to get a clear message that the fans aren't stupid, and they're tired of the crap.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
MaiKitty

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:19 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
MaiKitty wrote:
@josling

I loved your post! I couldn't believe my eyes (when reading) at everything these two had said about Japanese athletes! Shocked This is trully disrespectful!!! Though I do think you were a bit too kind to them in the end of your post. Razz
I don't buy for a second, that Sigi and Hendrick didn't know what happened to Mao in december. Mad In the past they were well informed about what's going on with athletes (who is fighting or coming off an injury...), so unless this has changed (which I doubt), they knew about it, but just didn't mention.
And don't even get me started on their love affair with Karo Costner... Rolling Eyes Thank God for British Europsort! Rockstar

Thanks. Yes, it is so obvious they knew what happened to Mao, but they didn't mention it on purpose. Bad idea! Do they really think people won't notice? It's so glaringly obvious that they try to push their own favourites. They always know every little detail so the fact that they didn't say a thing makes it obvious. They didn't mention it, because it is playing into their own weird conception of the female field in which Carolina Kostner rules the Figure Skating Universe.

I wrote that last paragraph because I think it's better to watch a faulty broadcast than no broadcast at all. Imho, they should stay at home and let the British Guys take over, who really shine in comparison. But if too many complaints come in, maybe Eurosport thinks "Let's not bother and let's show Snooker/Tennis and everything but Figure Skating!" Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:42 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

The Swedish commentators didn't know about Mao's mother either. Thay actully said twice that Mao has been dealing with injuries this season and that's why she missed the Grand Prix Final. Lotta seemed genuinely upset when Mao kept missing her jumps and commented on the amazing steps and brilliant choreography.

Roger can be a bit annoying, it seems like he doesn't mind when other skaters fail, it makes the Swedes place higher(can he at least be a bit more discreet about it!). And he kept rubbing it into Viktoria Helgesson's face after her skate that she would have won 2 places for Sweden next year if she hadn't gotten a time violation.
He also said that Mao's PCS should be around mid 7's... bonkers. Sometimes I turn the audio off so I don't have to hear him talking but they would never say anything disrespectful about other skaters!

I'm shocked that the German commentators are so unproffesional!

Yes, thank God for British Europsort Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:49 am

polosatik wrote:
ClairDeMao wrote:
Just realized....isn't Carolina the first ladies singles champion in the history of sport wearing pants/jumpsuit or whatever it's called?

In the long program yes, but Irina was wearing pants at her 2005 Worlds SP Very Happy

Ah that's right! So it makes Carolina the first ladies champion standing on the podium in pants!
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:05 am

ClairDeMao wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ClairDeMao wrote:
Just realized....isn't Carolina the first ladies singles champion in the history of sport wearing pants/jumpsuit or whatever it's called?

In the long program yes, but Irina was wearing pants at her 2005 Worlds SP Very Happy

Ah that's right! So it makes Carolina the first ladies champion standing on the podium in pants!

At the World Championships, I think so. Before that, Fumie Suguri stood on the 4CC 2005 podium as a champion wearing her unique modern Carmen costume: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX21Vo5LTKE Smile

The first female skater I remember wearing pants in an official competition was Katerina Witt in 1994: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y94l4FauvHc
Katerina said she did not care for the "cute, pretty, ice princess image" of figure skaters and wanted to "change people's perceptions." But then, IIRC, the ISU introduced the rule that stated that ladies could no longer wear pants. The rule was eventually removed (in the 2003 off-season, IIRC?) and the first lady to wear pants after that was Fumie Suguri for her Paint it Black SP (2003-2004). She won GPF that season. Fumie also wore pants for her Song of Scheherazade LP and a lot of Gala numbers.
Caro-K actually wore pants before this season (at Worlds 2008 in the short program). Yukari Nakano wore pants for her Firebird LP. I remember some of the Russian junior skqters wearing pants as well (Polina Shelepen - Polovtsian Dances LP, Michael Jackson Meddley SP, Love in Venice LP, Fireworks SP Smile ).
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:30 am

Wow you must have amazing memory when it comes to skating costumes Okami !

Been a while since I saw a man competing in a kilt... John Kerr did it 2007-2008!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:27 am

2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Apxww710
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 O0800014
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 O0800015
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 O0800016
Misha and taka are cute but pls look at left Smile Mao was eating sunny

Last edited by shikure on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fefe_sky

fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 am

I don't know if you guys already read this article, but I think it's the perfect explanation for all my questions around this last world championships:

http://fskating.com/2012/04/mao-asada-the-fight-must-go-on.html
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 am

the article has been posted, ad i agree with everythig he said
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 am

fefe_sky wrote:
I don't know if you guys already read this article, but I think it's the perfect explanation for all my questions around this last world championships:

http://fskating.com/2012/04/mao-asada-the-fight-must-go-on.html

I like to read articles of people that really know about figure skating
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Thank you. Everyone seems having good time off ice.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:21 am

koala_lover, thank you!!! Our Mao looks so lovely!!! Many Hearts
Stephane cheering for Tanya and Maksim, worth watching!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWvI5lJ1zvQ&context=C4e905bcADvjVQa1PpcFPeYrknQNgcVkyTKx7_qo9PZk_iJ752K4U
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:02 am

found this on youtube. all the japanese medallists appeared tgt on a talkshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByVyf9LTMJc&feature=related
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YFlE7hd1g&feature=related

this is an english interview with Mao right after her sp
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:23 am

yuzu and kano dancing during the gala practice, cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wIfhHoZ06o
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:26 am

ballerinamao wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YFlE7hd1g&feature=related

this is an english interview with Mao right after her sp

I've never seen Mao use a translator for English before... Maybe since her English isn't that great, and she always seems to kind of have a hard time saying what she wants to say in English, they decided to start using a translator?
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:56 pm

koala_lover wrote:
found this on youtube. all the japanese medallists appeared tgt on a talkshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByVyf9LTMJc&feature=related

This is the same thing but with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8MNx9QmR8A
I cannot believe how humble all of them are. Great athletes and great people Love team Japan.
Mervin's face is just ROTFLMAO He has no idea what is going on most of the time.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am

I was wondering if this "The best fans" has already been posted.
Dai, his coach, Taka, Maia, Alex and Denis' reactions during Mao's
performance.
Especially look at Dai and Alex at 2:48 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78rvD4rLo8&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 5:29 am

Perfect treat for fans from a user who uploaded a full collection of fan camera videos from WC-2012, not the best competition for Mao but still a joy to see, bringing back some memories. Mushy Love

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 pm

^ It's blocked in my country due to copyrights. Very Mad Frustrated Bawling Why, stupid youtube. Very Mad Mad Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 World Figure Skating Championships
Page 39 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39