Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!

Go down 
+55
BowbowDaijin
silenceisgolden
pearlyriver
MaoChan756
dangerous_angel_face
kirakira
bellarina
sapphiresky
Mao2012
josling
cera
haruka25
Qian
ashcroft1086
tuyet
inskate
Sviatoslava
swan
klarification
dawnsherearequiet
kenkyo
Afsfan
illani
ElleluvsL
let`s talk
will_power
europeanfan
bibi
shar
WayCon
skfan
linglang
ddmm
Abdiel
babayaga
patknowsbest
qingshui
jkblues
Alokya
Eris
femariel
sadistyi
chapis
Star85
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
chiyori
kaarolcia
koala_lover
skating_fanatic
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
polosatik
shikure
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:18 am

Alokya wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Star85 wrote:
Omg, yes Mao DOES look so beautiful in these pics! I agree with you guys about her weight though. She looks skinnier than ever. I don't know how she can keep any muscle mass, and have enough energy to be a professional athlete when she's SO thin like that. I really hope her trainers have her best interest in mind, and not just the easiest way they think will help her win. I am personally starting to get a little worried. She looks like an anorexic. There have been lots of petite skaters, but she's the thinnest one I can ever remember... Crying or Very sad
Have you seen Vera Bazarova? I saw Mao in live and somehow she looks better then in pics and videos, she doesn't look anorexic, she looks healthy. She doesn't need weight she needs muscles, to work more on them to be able to rotate jumps and have more power in her skating.

I would agree. Mao looks a lot better in person than she does in photos. And yeah, Vera Bazarova is the one that looks anorexic.

I agree. Yes, Mao is thin, thinner than she was a couple of years ago but she doesn't seem anorexic at all. Her skin is glowing and her hair looks shiny, not like it's falling out in clumps. I think the angle of these photos isn't helping, making her head appear very large compared to her neck. I'm sure she looks just as she did at Worlds and looking at her legs, I would argue that her calves and quads look stronger than ever.
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:59 pm

i donīt see her skinier than before, Of course i would like her to gain some muscle but, i donīt see her skinier than las moths of this season.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:23 pm

I have a feeling that she is one of those girls that, no matter what she eats, she can't gain weight. My friend wasn't like that when she was younger, but she is now. As a result, she has to eat really healthy. The same is probably true of Mao - she is eating a lot more vegetables than she used to, probably because she really needs the nutrition now.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes, I know Mao has always been thin, and will never have to worry about her weight. However, to me she looks even smaller than she did in the past. That's just my opinion. And I am a little worried for her cause I can't stop thinking about how she has to keep her body fat to a dangerously low percentage to do the 3A, and her dr said it could even make her infertile. And I didn't mean to say she was anorexic. I just meant she looks so skinny, she would be comparable to some anorexic people. Of course not extreme cases where their hair is falling out and they look sick. There are stages and different degrees of severity of anorexia. I know dancers and certain athletes can look super skinny, but it's for a purpose, not cause they are anorexic. I know that is Mao's case. I know she is just on a super strict diet, but if I didn't know who she was, I might think she was anorexic after looking at some of those pictures Sad. I'm glad to hear she looks better in real life. I didn't mean to start a debate about this. New topic?
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 am

Mao long long time ago~I think Mao is that kind of girl with slim top and with looks skinny arms all the time
even she was not as thin as now, she has skinny arms.
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 57013510
most of time, I look at her legs to see if she gained or lose weight. for example, she was extremely thin during 2011 worlds and early this season. but i think she gained some weight during this season and look good to me Smile maybe i use to look at the bright side.

pics yesterday
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Wncf210
it was hard to take such kind of pic since you can ask skaters to take pic together but all of them need to take care of their own fans, there will be distance between each other. fans yesterday were very lucky that they stood close to each other Smile
bonus~Akko and Dai (Was the thing in the bottom left Dai's hand with ring?)
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 O0500010
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 am

Star85 wrote:
Yes, I know Mao has always been thin, and will never have to worry about her weight. However, to me she looks even smaller than she did in the past. That's just my opinion. And I am a little worried for her cause I can't stop thinking about how she has to keep her body fat to a dangerously low percentage to do the 3A, and her dr said it could even make her infertile. And I didn't mean to say she was anorexic. I just meant she looks so skinny, she would be comparable to some anorexic people. Of course not extreme cases where their hair is falling out and they look sick. There are stages and different degrees of severity of anorexia. I know dancers and certain athletes can look super skinny, but it's for a purpose, not cause they are anorexic. I know that is Mao's case. I know she is just on a super strict diet, but if I didn't know who she was, I might think she was anorexic after looking at some of those pictures Sad. I'm glad to hear she looks better in real life. I didn't mean to start a debate about this. New topic?
I understand you're worried for Mao, and you're a great fan. We just wanted you to feel better and not worry that much. last two years were very hard for our Mao. I really hope new season she will be different and will smile like an angel every day)
Shikure,thanks for the pics! Btw I love this dress so much, I don't know why camera never showed it like it looks in reality!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 am

when will there be some available clips with this show?
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 am

shikure wrote:
bonus~Akko and Dai (Was the thing in the bottom left Dai's hand with ring?)
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 O0500010

Many Hearts Akko looks beautiful in that photo! What a cute couple she would make with Daisuke... Swoon Oh dear, am I shipping again? Sweatdrop

As for Mao being slim, I'm with shikure. I always look at her hips and legs because her torso and arms have always been small. Her shoulders are naturally wide, which makes them appear bonier than, say, someone like Akiko, who's naturally very compact. She was always skinny and not very strong looking and I seem to remember Makino-san saying he was stumped when he realised she wasn't any stronger than a regular high school girl despite being a top athlete. More than gaining weight, I think gaining and maintaining muscle mass is very difficult for Mao. I think it was a year or two ago when she said in an interview that Joannie told her she did very little actual muscle training, otherwise she would gain too much, and Mao seemed impressed.

Mao is far from being as skinny as she was during 2011 Worlds...

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Tumblr10

She's not what she was in 2008, but she certainly as gained weight and muscle since 2011. This season, Alissa was probably just as skinny as Mao is, but while most people noticed the loss of weight, no one really said anything. Why? Mostly because she has muscle tone in her shoulders and upper arms, something Mao lacks and will always lack no matter how hard she works at it.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:28 am

Latest Rankings: http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsladies.htm

Mao has dropped to eight but then considering the worlds results, no gpf and no other international b competition...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

what ridicoules ranking, really laughable, such a joke
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Since Mao is the cover girl for the Weider, I think Mao really understands how to keep
good health to be a strong athlete. Thank you, shikure, for all the show photos.

Last edited by qingshui on Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 pm

There is no vid of the show but ppl record the saying goodbye and receiving gifts time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0EC1Xx0tVk&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81y_C3pBos&feature=related
it was now allowed to record during show...so don't learn from this person ...uh
Back to top Go down
patknowsbest

patknowsbest

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:17 am

i miss mao. Crying or Very sad Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 5534 Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 5534
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:36 pm

me too i also missmao and i'm soo excited to see her new gala...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:50 am

At 18-19 of May ISU will announce GP assignments) Very Happy I hope Mao will get COR again!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:10 am

Another short news clip showing Mao at PIW (includes her 3F): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ia05eI1D2o
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:27 am

http://ameblo.jp/mitsugu-mitsugu/entry-11241802380.html no pic of mao, update from the make up artist
he said he did make up for Mao and Mao went there to do the TV show "Oshareizum"
and he said we can look forward to see Mao's look mature than usual.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks for the updates! Do we have any other news or fan reports on how Mao skated at PIW? When will it be shown?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:52 pm

I would also like to know when the show will be shown?

still no news about Mao's music choice and choreographers?

no pratice clips or news about her plans, got i really miss her i think this will be a long off-season... soo unusuelly quit even more then last year!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:02 pm

For PIW, since there will be a lots of PIW and PIW yokohama was first of the series, we won't know which one they will show in late summer. especially for later ones, ppl will have new ex.

Mao skated good in PIW but may double one 3Lo but overall was fine.

then, Mao only said she will use Lori for one EX program and no other plans.

The only news is the TV show which should be broadcast during May.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:00 am

shikure wrote:

Thanks for the update, shikure! I hope Lori will only do the EX and Mao will try other choreographers. :-) OTOH, I hope no TAT this time. EX yes but pls no competitive program.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:10 am

roma wrote:
shikure wrote:

Thanks for the update, shikure! I hope Lori will only do the EX and Mao will try other choreographers. :-) OTOH, I hope no TAT this time. EX yes but pls no competitive program.

Thanks shikure! Lack of news make me cautiously optimistic that it won't be standard Lori + Tat formula for Mao this time. If it was, I think she would have announced it then.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:23 am

babayaga wrote:
roma wrote:
shikure wrote:

Thanks shikure! Lack of news make me cautiously optimistic that it won't be standard Lori + Tat formula for Mao this time. If it was, I think she would have announced it then.

Yeah... I feel that if she planned on using Lori, she would just come out and say it. I mean, same as all the previous seasons so there's really nothing to hide. But maybe she's ready for something new; I had a feeling (this is really a gut feeling based on her face and body language) that she grew bored with her FS early this season. As someone pointed out to me before, besides the step sequence, some changes were made to accommodate new spin requirements, and the program didn't flow quite as well as last year. I'm sure Mao felt that too. Plus the fact that she now will associate it with an incredibly tough time in her life and that Lori will probably choose another soft, lyrical (similar) music for her. I can really picture her having talked to Sato-sensei and Taka-chan, and maybe planning to head to Canton or Detroit for choreo.

On the other hand, maybe she's just waiting to see Lori for the Ex and talk to her, see what kind of ideas she has.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:40 am

The choreographer issue this year is creepy for all of skaters.

I think most of you saw the news that Liza and Artur will use DW, then Yuzuru changed coach to Orser may lead the conclusion that he may also use DW.

The coach changing for P-chan may lead to change of choreographer (Lori) too.

In addition, I saw TAT has some healthy situation.

then earlier rumor about yuzuru will use Pasquale Camerlengo (but this is before the coach changing release so very uncerntain now) and very unreliable rumor that mao will use Morozov.

then Taka's original plan was DW and Zueva. but he said during PIW he may use classic music for FS (maybe still Zueva), and will go offshore during May and July. then most of time Mao and Taka said they don't have any plan.

so everything is very confusing now and all we can do is wait and see@@
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:53 am

roma wrote:

I hope Lori will only do the EX and Mao will try other choreographers. :-) OTOH, I hope no TAT this time. EX yes but pls no competitive program.

I'm hoping for the same thing, TAT does some amazing EX programs, but I'm not a fan of her competitive programs (for Mao), for the past few years. Exception is Scheherezade, but I'd love to see Mao working with someone new (please go to Camerlengo Swoon ) and leave TAT, especially since Adelina is working with her...

I know it's unlikely to happen, but what do you guys think about Tom Dickson? He's another great choreographer (imo).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next