Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate America

Go down 
+47
dangerous_angel_face
CraZsk8r
ilovethai
Asada_Rising
sweetdream
KariDebate
kawaiimao
aoi88
inskate
supportmaoasada
kitty
ElleluvsL
Afsfan
apple4me
illani
l-spiralmao
Mao2012
Abdiel
europeanfan
polly10
klarification
BowbowDaijin
AmazingGraceMao
Czarace
qingshui
pearlyriver
chapis
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Haidogirl
roma
shar
let`s talk
COHK
Ken Himura
ballerinamao
sapphiresky
Dilemma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
hazelq
zarinaballerina
chiyori
silenceisgolden
josling
Alokya
linglang
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

2013 Skate America - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 am

Mao!!!

2013 Skate America - Page 17 BXB99qlCIAAj0CM
@michlmint

She's wearing the blue dress!!!

2013 Skate America - Page 17 Proxy
@maochika3

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 am

inskate thnx for explaining the 2 quads situation.

Mao2012 wrote:
Sorry guys but watching the slow-motion, I have to agree with the jugdes: the jump was surely a bit UR... A great attempt, though, and it's only October!! I'm sure that by Febraury it will be perfect!! Cheering Yep! 
3A was fully rotated, however her toepick on the free leg had slightly touched the ice, therefor, she received the full base value credit, but got hammered in - goe, for the landing. If she UR'ed the axel, her score would've been in low 60.

roma wrote:
Phil Hersh really changes his opinions fast... "just like the wind" as Dani-chan put it last night. #SA2013 He really loves putting others down to glorify his faves.
This is why I hate Hersh, had this been Ahley and she would have a slight touch on the ice with the free leg, he'd be defending the score like there's no tomorrow. I still think, her 3T in the combo was UR'ed. In slow motion, it shows the landing outside the 90 degree allowance. Yet Ashley received +0.9 goe. And why the heck is he raging about Elena? Excuse me, this kid at 14 is better than Ashley will ever be, but because she's 14, she can't pretend she's having an orgasm in the middle of her program. So if this to Hersh means she has no artistry than he has issues and is in a need of help, ASAP. Everything about Elena screams superstar diva in the best way possible. Don't hate her, because your favourite doesn't have the it factor, and can't do what Lena is doing.
And while I'm venting, I'd like Phil to go take a course on Figure skating rules. He'd be doing everyone a huge favour, if he knew what exactly he is talking and raging about.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
Mao!!!

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/medi

She's wearing the blue dress!!!

2013 Skate America - Page 17 Proxy
@maochika3
I like this dress. And after hearing what a special meaning it has to Mao, I like it even more. I just don't like the illusion fabric.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:00 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I like this dress. And after hearing what a special meaning it has to Mao, I like it even more. I just don't like the illusion fabric.
yes, I wish the same stylist who did the SP dress, did this one as well.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
This is why I hate Hersh, had this been Ahley and she would have a slight touch on the ice with the free leg, he'd be defending the score like there's no tomorrow. I still think, her 3T in the combo was UR'ed. In slow motion, it shows the landing outside the 90 degree allowance. Yet Ashley received +0.9 goe. And why the heck is he raging about Elena? Excuse me, this kid at 14 is better than Ashley will ever be, but because she's 14, she can't pretend she's having an orgasm in the middle of her program. So if this to Hersh means she has no artistry than he has issues and is in a need of help, ASAP. Everything about Elena screams superstar diva in the best way possible. Don't hate her, because your favourite doesn't have the it factor, and can't do what Lena is doing.
And while I'm venting, I'd like Phil to go take a course on Figure skating rules. He'd be doing everyone a huge favour, if he knew what exactly  he is talking and raging about.
Couldn't agree more. You know, I like Ashley,but to be honest I can't say her jumps are better then Mao's. Especially yesterday. Of course it's just my opinion but I'm not buying her short program at all. Ashley has quite stiff upper body and why they showed it even more by these choreo moves? I loved her attack and confidence, but other then that everything else is what I hate most of all in American style of skating. You know skating fans love to critisize Russian style of choreography like other skating schools don't have any flaws at all. On the contrary I loved Lena's perofrmance. And come on, name me a 14 old skater who is polished, sophisticated like a woman in her 20's? Lena has a great feeling of music and to my eyes she's the best of all time in ladies in that part. Just shut up Hersh Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

And while I'm venting, I'd like Phil to go take a course on Figure skating rules. He'd be doing everyone a huge favour, if he knew what exactly  he is talking and raging about.
It's so absurd that he is offended about that rule bc I am pretty sure every skater has been in a situation before where they had these issues and received the full value for the jump but -GOE. Now, I would understand him if he was mad that the person two-footed or fell on the landing and still received the full value and +GOE, but this is not the case, since he saw that Mao received -1.4 GOE. study study study
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:12 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Remember what Hersh tweeted after Japan Open? He only praised Ashley, like it was the highlight of the night. lol! . No word about Mao or Joannie's programs. His vision is a bit different from the rest of the world's Too sweet! 
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:16 am

Report from practice from @maochika3 twitter: Mao is checking all her jumps. She did a 3A (hand down) and then a clean one!! Cheering

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Remember what Hersh tweeted after Japan Open? He only praised Ashley, like it was the highlight of the night. lol! . No word about Mao or Joannie's programs. His vision is a bit different from the rest of the world's Too sweet! 
Thumbs up! Laugh 

Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Is that only me or did they fix the illusion fabric? I'm looking at the Mao practice photos from @michlmint (https://twitter.com/michlmint) and it looks lighter and tighter to me. Maybe it's just the lightning, though...

Another photo: https://twitter.com/FromTheBoards/status/391959488468889601/photo/1/large
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 am

polosatik wrote:
Couldn't agree more. You know, I like Ashley,but to be honest I can't say her jumps are better then Mao's. Especially yesterday. Of course it's just my opinion but I'm not buying her short program at all. Ashley has quite stiff upper body and why they showed it even more by these choreo moves? I loved her attack and confidence, but other then that everything else is what I hate most of all in American style of skating. You know skating fans love to critisize Russian style of choreography like other skating schools don't have any flaws at all. On the contrary I loved Lena's perofrmance. And come on, name me a 14 old skater who is polished, sophisticated like a woman in her 20's? Lena has a great feeling of music and to my eyes she's the best of all time in ladies in that part.   Just shut up Hersh Very Mad 
OMG, IMO her SP is so strange. I'm not saying this because I don't like her (though I've never hidden that fact Razz ), but through her entire program I had a huge WTF in front of my eyes. I like the dress, but everything else... is so forced, so fake and exaggarated. I get it, you're sexy but please tone it down. Everything she does, including R&J, she 's always over the top. She's not feeling it, she's over acting it.

And than Hersh the genious, is comparing a 14 year old to Ashley. Can you imagine if Lena's team were to give her Ashley's type of choreo?! affraid  I think an entire arena would've thrown up from horror. Lena has an amazing sense for music. Her LP performance is to die for. She's selling every freaking note of that music, and you can tell she's feeling it. Swoon 

And about Hersh venting about the point difference between his favourite and Mao; were this competition held anywhere but in USA, the score difference would've been even bigger, and rightly so. Note to Phil, next time you cry a bloody murder about Mao's supposed overscore on 3A (learn the rules you incompetent fool), do make yourself a favour, and check the protocol and overscoring of your favourite. Then compare  non jump elements side to side, and after you've done this, I dare you to say Ashley deserves those goe. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:43 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
3A was fully rotated, however her toepick on the free leg had slightly touched the ice, therefor, she received the full base value credit, but got hammered in - goe, for the landing. If she UR'ed the axel, her score would've been in low 60.
Not sure, but for what I can see her left foot left the ice "facing" the left side of the screen, so in the landing it should have faced the right side (sorry, but I didn't know how to explain it!!), but her skate touches the ice a bit earlier, not enough for the UR call but enough to receive a -GOE (considering also the little touch-down)... I think that overall Mao was judged fairly!
From GS's DobrinFan report:
Quote :
Mao I think was the best! she landed one 3A I saw, lots of beautiful 2A3T, and a gorgeous rotated 3f/3t!!!
(I think he/she meant 3F+3Lo) cheers Dance 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 am

Mao2012 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Not sure, but for what I can see her left foot left the ice "facing" the left side of the screen, so in the landing it should have faced the right side (sorry, but I didn't know how to explain it!!), but her skate touches the ice a bit earlier, not enough for the UR call but enough to receive a -GOE (considering also the little touch-down)... I think that overall Mao was judged fairly!
From GS's DobrinFan report:
Quote :
Mao I think was the best! she landed one 3A I saw, lots of beautiful 2A3T, and a gorgeous rotated 3f/3t!!!
(I think he/she meant 3F+3Lo) cheers Dance 
I know what you mean. And you've explained it better than I would've.

To me, Mao's axel looked ok, it was close to borderline, but still within the allowed "UR" landing. Too bad about the free leg touch down. But had she been clean, then poor Hersh wouldn't have anything to complain about.

This is fantastic news about her practice. I hope she'll do amazing tonight.

Does anyone know, if live stream channels, will also broadcast the exhibition?
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:17 am

inskate wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Is that only me or did they fix the illusion fabric? I'm looking at the Mao practice photos from @michlmint (https://twitter.com/michlmint) and it looks lighter and tighter to me. Maybe it's just the lightning, though...

Another photo: https://twitter.com/FromTheBoards/status/391959488468889601/photo/1/large
I don't think so, It looks the same dark color for me Frustrated
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:30 am

polosatik wrote:
I like the dress, but everything else... is so forced, so fake and exaggarated. I get it, you're sexy but please tone it down. Everything she does, including R&J, she 's always over the top. She's not feeling it, she's over acting it.
I agree with you, I feel like she is trying to look like the gold winner at Vancouver, she is trying to portrait a sexy female character, but She just can try  Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Pairs start in 15 minutes! cheers 

I know V/T will win with yet another WR, but it'll be interesting to see, who will grab the bronze. I hope Moore-Towers/Moscovitsch will skate the lights out and put some pressure on Duhamel/Redford throughout the season. I prefer M-T/M to D/R.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Quite impressed with the pair Marissa and Simon I really liked the lift, where she is holding her legs while he is caring her. it's new creative moves like this that makes couples stand out and become noticeable. Their music was great too.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:19 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Quite impressed with the pair Marissa and Simon I really liked the lift, where she is holding her legs while he is caring her. it's new creative moves like this that makes couples stand out and become noticeable. Their music was great too.
On which link are you watching? moetv just started showing the first group. Whirly 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:22 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
On which link are you watching? moetv just started showing the first group. Whirly 
this one and I think I am watching the second group now:

http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/17803_1350540444178.htm
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Ugh!! Eurosport live streaming is driving me up the wall with all the video freezing going on.  Frustrated
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:32 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Thanx. i've realized Eurosport is broadcasting the second group, so i'm watching it on TV.

Can someone explain, what's going on with sport2 links? has this channel stopped broadcasting SA?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:48 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Thanx. i've realized Eurosport is broadcasting the second group, so i'm watching it on TV.

Can someone explain, what's going on with sport2 links? has this channel stopped broadcasting SA?
No, but something happened with signal, cause no one can watch it or sometimes it showing ice dance confused 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:51 pm

My goodness, the Russian couple were fantastic!!

Last edited by shar on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 pm

154 points affraid

couldn't believe me eyes they must have gotten quite a few 10 in their presentation score

Last edited by ballerinamao on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 pm

polosatik wrote:
No, but something happened with signal, cause no one can watch it or sometimes it showing ice dance confused 
Thanx. I hope they'll fix it in time for the ladies. i really want to see the first group.

Oh, my God. V/T were perfect.Boogie  If they continue this way, they won't need to be overscored in order to win in Sochi. 154 points.Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate America
Page 17 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next