Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate America

Go down 
+47
dangerous_angel_face
CraZsk8r
ilovethai
Asada_Rising
sweetdream
KariDebate
kawaiimao
aoi88
inskate
supportmaoasada
kitty
ElleluvsL
Afsfan
apple4me
illani
l-spiralmao
Mao2012
Abdiel
europeanfan
polly10
klarification
BowbowDaijin
AmazingGraceMao
Czarace
qingshui
pearlyriver
chapis
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Haidogirl
roma
shar
let`s talk
COHK
Ken Himura
ballerinamao
sapphiresky
Dilemma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
hazelq
zarinaballerina
chiyori
silenceisgolden
josling
Alokya
linglang
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

2013 Skate America - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Yay for Machida!! Very Happy (and omg Dai really got 4th... did i jinx him :'( )

And so happy for Machida! Very Happy Well maybe a gold for Dai somewhere and he could still get to GPF?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
NOW that was a performance!!! I think his only mistake was the second 4t with hand down Dance Dance Dance Boogie Many Hearts

Amanda Shank ‏@team_swan 19 s
Machida: Firebird. 4T, 4T(hand, no combo), 3A-3T, 3A, 3lo, 3Lz (forward), 3F-2T-2lo, 3S. WOW. #SA2013

I am so happy he is gonna get gold!!!
This means that the second 4T is invalid. I practically yelled at him to add a double toe after the touch down. I hope it was just a fluke and that he isn't the next Nobu.

sweetdream wrote:
Well maybe a gold for Dai somewhere and he could still get to GPF?
Only if one of the others GP medal winners mess up badly. With this kind of level even if you end up with a bronze at one GP and with gold in the other, it still wouldn't gurantee you the ticket, let alone an off podium finish.

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:27 pm

I also hope that Machida doesn't end up like Oda in 2009-2010.... strong GP season, average to horrible Olympics and Worlds...
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Machida won and Daisuke was 4th.
I think though Daisuke was lovely and unique but
since he joined Olympic so far (2 times?) so maybe
this year it is already the year for new generation.
Hanyu, Machida and the last slot will be the old one
who is struggling. It must be Nobu or Kozuka.

Sad with Kozuka that he could not bring his best.
He should show. In fact it is his time to be Ace.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Machida is sending a big message to JSF study study Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:28 pm

wow what a turn of event, I really can't figure out how kozuka finished behind daisuke, hope the protocols will give an answer to that.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:32 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
NOW that was a performance!!! I think his only mistake was the second 4t with hand down Dance Dance Dance Boogie Many Hearts

Amanda Shank ‏@team_swan 19 s
Machida: Firebird. 4T, 4T(hand, no combo), 3A-3T, 3A, 3lo, 3Lz (forward), 3F-2T-2lo, 3S. WOW. #SA2013

I am so happy he is gonna get gold!!!
This means that the second 4T is invalid. I practically yelled at him to add a double toe after the touch down. I hope it was just a fluke and that he isn't the next Nobu.

Wait, but they counted his second 4T according to protocols?? Question 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2013/gpusa2013_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

so, he is allowed to repeat the quad toe??
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
Machida is sending a big message to JSF study study Twisted Evil 
And good for him!

I wonder, if Daisuke doesn't get his quad consistent, will JSF really leave him off the team?

ballerinamao wrote:
wow what a turn of event, I really can't figure out how kozuka finished behind daisuke, hope the protocols will give an answer to that.
This event is always judged wery strangely. Overscoring some underscoring others. I'm bracing myself for tomorrow.
Maybe Taka had some UR's along the way.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Men Final Result
1. MACHIDA 265.38
2. RIPPON 241.24
3. AARON 238.36
4. TAKAHASHI 236.21
5. BROWN 231.03
6. KOZUKA 230.95
7. MAJOROV 208.72
8. GACHINSKI 208.16

Tatsuki M. FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdoTYq3fWZc

Jason Brown FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coLomtKfmqQ

Adam Rippon Fs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGGWo86MLCw

Takahiko Kozuka FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aL5OJfJY5Q

Daisuke FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6IYM-rwV3w

Max Aaron FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wv1QrquKYM

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:

Yes he is allowed to repeat the same quad as long as one of them is in a combo. I see that his second quad is marked as a sequence. Did he do anything after the touch down, I thought not. scratch  The rules have changed so much, that I'm not up to date. In the past, the second 4T would've been invalid, why this one isn't, I've no idea.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:43 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

Yes he is allowed to repeat the same quad as long as one of them is in a combo. I see that his second quad is marked as a sequence. Did he do anything after the touch down, I thought not. scratch  The rules have changed so much, that I'm not up to date. In the past, the second 4T would've been invalid, why this one isn't, I've no idea.
yeah, when you said, I thought that he couldn't as well and I also didn't pay attention if he added anything after the second quad scratch but it seems he did study
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Fan shot of Mao's SP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOUA5FZL1Y&feature=youtu.be

Thanks to the uploader, as usual!
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:20 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

I guess maybe it's cause he only did 2 combos! In the LP you are allowed 3 combos and Machida only did 2 combos, so maybe it's denoted as an incomplete combo attempt by Machida? Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:22 pm

I don't like the program from  Carron/Jones.

sweatdream wrote:
I guess maybe it's cause he only did 2 combos! In the LP you are allowed 3 combos and Machida only did 2 combos, so maybe it's denoted as an incomplete combo attempt by Machida?
Thanx for explaining. I haven't thought of that.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm just venting my anger after reading some comments from a certain forum (not GS, and I won't say which forum it is since it's in a language that most ppl here don't speak nor read.)

This is complaining.This is complaining.This is complaining.
Why do you have to question about the validity of that 3A and say Mao didn't get call because it is "out of luck"? No, it's NOT that the judges were being "nice". Haven't you got to see how hard she trains and prepares for everything? By coming to US early and training at Yuka Sato's rink doesn't give Mao any advantage over the other competitors! Please, stop translating those stupid comments from those mean Jpn fans, and stop calling Mao's SP costume some "XXXX apron"  
This is complaining.This is complaining.This is complaining.

Finally, I apology for disrupting everyone's watching of the game. I'm just pissed after reading those stupid comments, and I swear I'll stop reacting to any of those comments from now on.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:25 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
I also hope that Machida doesn't end up like Oda in 2009-2010.... strong GP season, average to horrible Olympics and Worlds...
What happened to him that time? Exhausted? How you start your season is not as important as how you end it.
Sorry Dai fan but if what Machia showed last night wasn't a fluke, I really hope he'll grab a spot for Sochi. He's 23 years old, it's now or never.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:27 pm

I love this quote from Mao from IceNetwork:

"Yu-Na has been my competitor since the junior level, when we were young teenagers," Mao said. "People saw us as big rivals in Vancouver. But now I am more concentrated on myself. I am not thinking so much about Yu-Na."

Tatsuki!!! OMG! He badly wants that spot. Dai and Taka you need to do really well next time.

And Davis/White... what can I say? Bravo!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:28 pm

shar wrote:
Umm, his coach is hot. Escape 
Haha, I also noticed that. He looks like Andy Lau's brother. Just discovered that he was a 1988 Olympian, representing China and now he's an Aussie citizen.

I haven't watched Ashley's performance but she's only 4 points lower than Mao's with just 3F3T, 3Lo and 2A? scratch ? And a judge gave her 9+ for all elemtns in PCS and another 7+? They must be kicking each other now. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Phil Hersh really changes his opinions fast... "just like the wind" as Dani-chan put it last night. #SA2013 He really loves putting others down to glorify his faves.

Quote :
Asada, reigning Olympic silver medalist, got 73.18 points, thanks in part to the idiosyncrasies (idiocies?) of a scoring system that gives full base value credit for a jump landed on two feet, as her triple axel was Saturday.
Very slight two-foot but FULLY ROTATED.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:31 pm

roma wrote:
Phil Hersh really changes his opinions fast... "just like the wind" as Dani-chan put it last night. #SA2013 He really loves putting others down to glorify his faves.

Quote :
Asada, reigning Olympic silver medalist, got 73.18 points, thanks in part to the idiosyncrasies (idiocies?) of a scoring system that gives full base value credit for a jump landed on two feet, as her triple axel was Saturday.
Very slight two-foot but FULLY ROTATED.
His comments are just sour grapes... lol!  Why haven't I seen any other lady landing an even imperfect 3A? They don't want to earn the 8.5 Base value? Because they cant! And speaking of the scoring system, dont get me started with the insane GOE scoring in Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:56 pm

sweetdream wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I love Mao's performance! No wonder people are giving her compliments left and right on how much she improved. She looked ethereal.

I have a question about her combo. She usually does it in the second jump. Is there a benefit of her doing the combo in the second half of the program?
yeap i believe! there is the multiplier for jumps and combo done after the half programme mark! (: so like i think combos they take the total and multiply it?
Oh! Why? Is it because doing a combo in the second half is exhausting?
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
sweetdream wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I love Mao's performance! No wonder people are giving her compliments left and right on how much she improved. She looked ethereal.

I have a question about her combo. She usually does it in the second jump. Is there a benefit of her doing the combo in the second half of the program?
yeap i believe! there is the multiplier for jumps and combo done after the half programme mark! (: so like i think combos they take the total and multiply it?
That, and to avoid front loading.
Back to top Go down
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Anyone knows what time in Detroit will Mao be complete in FS?
as I am in Asia, I don't know what time to wake up! Thanks!Worship Worship 
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:06 am

Abdiel wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
sweetdream wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

That, and to avoid front loading.
Aaaaahhh I see. It sounds like a good strategy. I also noticed that she received several 9's on her program components!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:07 am

Hersh Very Mad The biggest "idiocy" I see here is that he continues to find employment while spewing stupidity and/or blatant lies. Brushing the ice with free leg with no weight transfer is not the same as landing on 2 feet! Mao would have a truly epic fall if she put weight on the toepick of her free leg in the position she was.  Does this man know anything about physpics? Disappointed 

I'm so ambivalent about the results in men's... I love Machida (what an amazing performer), but I kinda hoped that the old guard (Daisuke, Nobu & Takahiko) will get to go to Sochi. Yuzuru and Tatsuki are not that old yet, they can share medals in the next Olympic cycle! geek 

I must say, Tatsuki really starts to win me over. I loved that look he shoot in the judges direction after his SP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g8QRNkMbgFY#t=234). 100% diva! Thumbs up! You knew the judges wouldn't dare to underscore him after that! Who, me? 

pearlyriver wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
What happened to him that time? Exhausted? How you start your season is not as important as how you end it.
At the Olympics he was actually in excellent condition. He was in 4th after the SP, which was a pretty good result as Morozov gave him a really uninspired SP that season. Lips sealed His LP was excellent though, and people expected him to easily move up.
The problem was that in the warm-up before the LP Nobunari felt that his shoelace is starting to wear through. He considered changing it, but he worried that new shoelace would be too stiff and might mess up his jumps, so he just adjusted them and hoped that they will last until the end of his LP. And then he felt them coming loose on his first 3A landing. :(He skated somehow until his 3L in the second half, when the shoelace finally broke. And well, a nervously skated program with a long break in the second half won't leave the greatest impression on the judges...

As a bonus, there was a bit of a conflict of interests between Nobunari and Morozov. Nobunari wanted to start attempting quad in his program (he had a great 4T-3T-3L in practices), but Morozov said that it was too risky and that it was possible to win gold without a quad (he was kinda right, as quadless Lysacek ended up winning, but Nobunari said skating a safe program just made him more nervous).

After Olys, Nobu was just epically angry in himself. I remember that he was in some TV program with Daisuke, and the TV presenter tried to console Nobunari that despite the mistake, his LP was fun to watch, and Nobunari was like "NO. There was nothing good about that program." without a smile.
At Worlds, I think, he simply overtrained out of anger. Valentina Marchei (who was in Morozov's team at that time) said he was on fire in all the practice session leading to Worlds, but then he just started popping jumps left and right Sad

An interesting note about shoelaces - Nobunari said once that since he has a kid, his mom said that he should always leave two top hooks of his skating boots untied. This made his ankles stronger and allowed him to have that soft ankle/knee landing. The side effect was that during landing, the front of his leg pressed really hard at the part of the boot where the shoelaces are tied, and the pressure was not as evenly distributed as in a fully tied bot. I wonder if he still does that. (Nobunari used to wear shorter practice pants, so you could see that the top hooks were left untied, but now he wears longer dress pants Laugh)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate America
Page 15 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next