Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]

Go down 
+63
~*AAA*~
hirahira
Lionhart
nita
bekalc
polly10
MaoApple
supportmaoasada
let`s talk
mini34ans
mimmiz
MaoRussianFan
richster106
Dani-Chan
Lady_in_black
cera
apple4me
MaoChan756
jirachiness
kisses
maofan93
kazekamihiko
appledapple
aoi88
icetea
Tripleaxelqueen
whiteboots2013
polosatik
ElleluvsL
Iceriver
inskate
Artistry
sweetdream
Afsfan
jkblues
Otchoto de mus :3
itsonlykat
rachmaninoffangel
linglang
MyMao
josling
ballerinamao
illani
tigster
europeanfan
sapphiresky
Asada_Rising
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Batsuchan
roma
chapis
zarinaballerina
☆Genie
BounceAround
PochinkoPotanko
Ken Himura
silenceisgolden
COHK
Hotaru
pearlyriver
l-spiralmao
shar
klarification
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:00 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
Has anyone seen this on tumblr? http://comedydad.tumblr.com/post/77304536993
Wow, I love it!!
And yes Iceriver, if Mao would had a perfect sp we would be so annoyed not only with Yuna but with Adelina too  Twisted Evil ROTFLMAO but like this we are just so happy for Mao' s performance  Dance 
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:28 pm

I was at work, but I kept on making mistakes because I was worried for Mao. Since I'm a cowardly person by nature, I did not have the guts to look at my twitter or any news site for any live report. As soon as I got home, I logged in the forums and prepared myself for the worst.

My tears still won't stop.

Mao was literally Rach2. She put that bad skate behind and poured her heart out on the ice. At that moment, I found myself transfixed. It was like I was in another world. After my 4th time watching, I finally decided to look at the results.

6th. From 16th she jumped to 6th. Others might mock her for such a 'lowly' standing, but she showed courage and true grit.  Bawling  Worship 

She didn't win any medal, but did she need to? What did she have to prove? She won over everyone that night, even the supposedly 'dead' and 'unsupportive' Russian crowd. Figure skaters and fans sent messages of support for her. I think everyone knew that had Mao not let her nerves get the best of her, she could have been the one at the middle of that podium.

But again, she did not need to win anything to become an inspiration.

With that, I would like to congratulate the three medalists. In a way, they all won:

1.) Russia gets a new figure skating superstar and finally claims OGM for ladies discipline.
2.) Yuna gets to keep her record of not being off the podium. Plus, she has a matching silver with Pchan!
3.) Caro gets what she deserves after 8 years of heartbreak.

I am aware that there are debates and controversies, but I really don't care at this moment. I'm just happy for Mao, and very thankful to everyone here who supported her in every step of the way. Personally, I would have wanted Yuna and Caro to get OGM though. And allow me to be mean for a second but at at least Gracie and Yulia weren't up there. Twisted Evil 

---

Also, am I the only who is boggled with how the number '6' seems to be following Mao after Vancouver? Like how she was 6th at both 2011 & 2012 Worlds, and then 6th after the SP in 2013? Now she is 6th again here in Sochi. Does this mean that if the old judging system is still being used, she would have gotten straight 6.0s from judges?   geek
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 pm

inskate wrote:
Considering that the judges apparently can go crazy for the ladies in the 1st group and ignore flutzes, two-foors and URS (not to mention give suspiciously generous PCS), I allowed myself to upgrade Mao's LP score to 1st group:

3A10.7
3F-3L11.1
3Lz *e*6.0
CCoSp44.14
FCSp43.91
--
2A-3T9.34
3S6.02
3F-2L-2L11.19
3L6.31
FCCoSp44.29
StSq45.90
ChSq13.60
--
82.5TES77PCS
Overall:159.5
That's my judging for tonight, official scores can just go away  clown geekWho, me?Bribe

Well, inskate, I did the same thing yesterday while working and it was just shy of the score you gave. I think I computed 157-158... hehe. Very possible but considering what happened they will rip that FS apart to find the minutest error they can find to penalize her -- and they did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Mao and Dai both placed 6th here. I  Love Hearts  how they are in the same standings and most likely be in the gala. Such a pair! haha. #MaoSuke forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Do we have confirmed info that Mao will skate in the Gala?
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:08 pm

I read somewhere that Puntin told the President of the Russian Skating Federation that'll it'll be nice if they win gold in figure skating after the horrible collapse of the Russian hockey team. Shady business....
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Iceriver wrote:
I just wanted to point out how important this performance was for Mao's career. Results are important, but in the end it is the performances that remains in everyone's minds. As a figure skating fan, I keep rewatching some programs from various skaters of the past, not because of their placement or overall results but for the performance itself. I have nothing against her but, for example, I wouldn't rewatch Sarah Hughes programs in SLC 2002 despite being an Olympic Champion and I don't even consider her one of the all-time greats because a medal doesn't mean anything. Is Yuna considered such a great skater because of her OGM in Vancouver? No, it is because of her qualities and good performances during all these years.

THIS.  It is the performance that matters most.  It is what will stand out in our memories, and it will be the reason we watch again and again.  She won her own kind of medal by overcoming everything and giving us a performance for the ages.  Thank you, Mao.  Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
MaoRussianFan

MaoRussianFan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi everyone!
Here are the video with TAT comments - http://ntvplus.ru/olympic/video/1851-mao-asada-i-ee-proizvolnaya-programma.xl#.UwaXz_utQgw

Through Mao competition TAT always called her "dovelet". I don't know it calls in English but in Russian it means "somebody who I love so much". TAT so proud of Mao, she was very sad about her SP, but glad she did LP as she can, "she won against herself". And she finally said that Mao one of the best skater of the history and she is happy she could work with her all this years.

You know, many of Russians was amazed after Mao program, many of us was cried. No matter how she did those jumps - it was the Olympic champion's LP!! Of course, everybody glad that Adelina won. But, of course it wasn't so higher score. Russians remember Salt-Lake with Slutskaya, Turin with Plyushenko, two gold medalist in Vancouver - so it looks like revenge for us.)

I think, honestly, that Adelina was better than Karo and Yuna. Just because of jumps. Maybe, I am wrong, I don't know. For me - the one and only, the queen of this evening is Mao. That was absolutely phenomenal competition!! I can't remember she skated like that last time. And these tears and this smile in the end.)) Finally, this smile!!

As someone of you know, before the Olympic, TAT said that only Mao can win with Tarasova's favorite music of Rahmaninov. I think (and I heard how TAT was cried with Mao in the final accord of music) - she did! For me - she won - for itself and for all of us - for her fans!!

And believe me - many pleasant comments on the Russian's sites about Mao. I've never read so many positive words about her! I can't describe how I proud ))
Back to top Go down
http://vkontakte.ru/club1347409
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 pm

MaoRussianFan - Thank you so much for sharing those comments with us! And thank you for the news about the support for Mao in Russia.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Congratulations for Adelina, Yuna and Caro!!  cheers 

I do not agree with the scores, of course, and OMG what a corrupt judgement.  Unconscious 

But, I'm really happy that Adelina delivered two good performances without having meltdown like GPF FS. I suppose the pressure on her must be tremendous. And she overcame it.  Great job!!  I'm really happy, especially because I was worried if she didn't make it she might be sent to Siberia by the president.

Now I wonder how ISU will calibrate the inflated PCS afterward.   clown 
Will they keep giving these 9s-ish PCS and GOEs when the Russian girls deliver clean skates at world and onwards (of course when they improve their skating skills and in particular StSq in the case of Adelina they should be scored so)?

Anyway, It's obvious they had to inflate the score way too much because of Yuna, but this was too much.  They've crossed the line.  Rolling Eyes 

To be honest, I've been always annoyed by scores and harsh calls they gave on Mao but now I kind of feel good about the fact that she's not the favorite of those corrupt judges.  It sounds as though I'm crying sour grapes, but I really prefer she lose fairly and squarely than got smeared by winning with corrupt judgement.  Of course the FS was not a fairly squarely loss though.  Evil or Very Mad 

roma wrote:
inskate wrote:
Considering that the judges apparently can go crazy for the ladies in the 1st group and ignore flutzes, two-foors and URS (not to mention give suspiciously generous PCS), I allowed myself to upgrade Mao's LP score to 1st group:

3A10.7
3F-3L11.1
3Lz *e*6.0
CCoSp44.14
FCSp43.91
--
2A-3T9.34
3S6.02
3F-2L-2L11.19
3L6.31
FCCoSp44.29
StSq45.90
ChSq13.60
--
82.5TES77PCS
Overall:159.5
That's my judging for tonight, official scores can just go away  clown geekWho, me?Bribe

Well, inskate, I did the same thing yesterday while working and it was just shy of the score you gave. I think I computed 157-158... hehe. Very possible but considering what happened they will rip that FS apart to find the minutest error they can find to penalize her -- and they did.

Thank you! I guessed or was praying she'd get 150 after FS finished, and they I felt disappointed.  I'm happy to see your scores.   cheers
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 pm

illani wrote:
Iceriver wrote:
I just wanted to point out how important this performance was for Mao's career. Results are important, but in the end it is the performances that remains in everyone's minds. As a figure skating fan, I keep rewatching some programs from various skaters of the past, not because of their placement or overall results but for the performance itself. I have nothing against her but, for example, I wouldn't rewatch Sarah Hughes programs in SLC 2002 despite being an Olympic Champion and I don't even consider her one of the all-time greats because a medal doesn't mean anything. Is Yuna considered such a great skater because of her OGM in Vancouver? No, it is because of her qualities and good performances during all these years.

THIS.  It is the performance that matters most.  It is what will stand out in our memories, and it will be the reason we watch again and again.  She won her own kind of medal by overcoming everything and giving us a performance for the ages.  Thank you, Mao.  Love Hearts

cheers Thumbs up! Rockstar Thank you!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm pretty sure nobody cares much anymore about the medals and results; it's more about the performances as these are the things that remain timeless.

Bravo to Mao, Carolina, and Yuna for giving sublime performances.

I feel bad for Sotnikova. She will have this cloud of shadiness, doubt, and cheating hanging over her head for the rest of her career.

God help her if she ever decides to skate in Korea.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Mao talked about redemption.
She skated a perfect SP in 2010 and a perfect FS in 2014 cheers that's redemption.
In a way the SP helped, because she was able to skate without the pressure of being in the final group.

Thinking about it now, I'm actually glad Mao's SP happened because as Polosatik said, let's face it, one of the Russian ladies would have won no matter what (especially after their hockey loss). I would rather have Mao end this competition with a bang and everyone being so happy for her rather than for her to be involved in a controversy and for all of us to be angry over the ridiculous judging.
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Iceriver wrote:
Now, as a Mao-Yuna big fan (a rare type of figure skating fan these days, although there is more than one here Wink ) I want to express how happy I am to see that fans from both skaters seem to have been more united than ever these two days. The Yuna forum was full of nice comments yesterday and most people were sad for Mao, while today everyone was praising Mao's performance and pointing out how she had finally moved them despite (in some cases) not being fans of her and how proud they were. In a similar way, I've read many nice comments regarding Yuna's performances here, especially about her SP and how she was (IMO) underscored in comparison to other skaters who skated after her (same happened with Mao today, though).

All in all, I think it was a great thing to happen. This is the end of 7 years of "rivalry", Mao and Yuna will not compete anymore one against the other (god...I'm getting sad while writing this) and I think it was good to end like this. No controversies, no fans of one skater claiming that the other was massively overscored, no one mentioning how much better one skater did and how horrible the other is. I think I'm getting to emotional, so I'll stop now sunny

Haha I'm a huge fan of Yuna and Mao too! Very Happy And to think that finally at the end of these Mao Yuna Era, (those 10 years? since 2004-2005 junior season where they met, and of that I think I've been following for 6 years?!!), I mean we can all agree on something. They have been strong rivals and pushed each other, dreamt of the same thing. Their paths did not all end the same, nor did it start the same, but I think what they left behind is the same - a legacy.

And I used to think about OGMs and titles and wonder - hey at the end of the day, people only take note of the champions, like what they do on wikipedia (you dont see a list of OSMs, or OBMs, well maybe if you search hard enough but still not easy.) And how everyone knew Yuna but not Mao, it seemed to prove my point! But I think it is more amazing, that people come to see you as who the athelete that you are, what you are capable of and the things that you have done.

Mao truly shown spirit here, and everyone can fall (maybe in figure skating we see it so harsh but oh dear me, other other winter sports.... SO MANY DEFENDING CHAMPIONS DIDNT QUALIFY/NO PODIUM AND ALL IT IS INSANE.) And there are pesky comments like er... here which can be a little not so nice to hear? *cough*
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_25189903/olympics-japanese-official-criticizes-figure-skater-mao-asada

But anyway, Yuna and Mao shown true spirit, Mao getting up from the ashes, shown us the realities of life in her skating... Her difficulties are always shown so clearly in her skating, she hardly hides it away and I'm thankful for all the time you inspired us.
And Yuna! For showing us that one can have nerves of steel, and that smile at the kiss and cry - I mean, if you have done your best, and are content then there is really nothing to lose.

Best way to finish the Sochi olympics.... so many heartbreaks in the beginning, but I feel that this has helped conclude everything nicely. So thankful for this era, the retirement of my childhood idols, so many so inspiring, so iconic, so wonderful. And if I had flowers, I would throw them all cause you guys really really deserve them Encore 

(and now to study for finals in 2 weeks yay! HAHAH SIGH ... Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee <-- me since the day before yesterday)
Back to top Go down
mimmiz

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:25 pm

netizenbuzz.blogspot.ae/2014/02/sochi-olympics-kim-yuna.html?m=1

Some of the Koreans reaction to yuna's win, they are not happy lol
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:28 pm

MaoRussianFan, thanks for the insight from a Russian point of view. I'm glad to know that everyone in attendance there was also moved by Mao's performance.  

You know guys, I'm getting really scared for Adelina. People keep on bashing her when it's the system that needs fixing. Maybe the Yunabots found a new target, but man Adelina is such a sweet girl  that I don't want what another Elie Christie issue to happen. Pyeongchang might end badly for her.

At the end of the day, as sweetdream astutely pointed out, it can be considered a blessing that Mao is away from this judging controversy.  Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
mimmiz

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:36 pm

I still haven't watched the performances (only mao's) but I'm happy for all the ladies, i really didn't expect it to be adelina but hey congrats to her! She did have more difficult content, haven't compared their PC's so idk about that.
Now I'm curious to see who's going to worlds
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:36 pm

I know this sounds weirdly personal/selfish, but I really think the fact that Mao had this wonderful freeskate will make the rest of my life so much better. I would have been mad at the world for a long time if her last Olympics ended with two bad programs. Thank you, Mao. I really wanted to share that Embarassed.
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Mao pulled it off in the fs and i am so happy for it. She outsmarted other skaters in the free! So touching and full of emotion!    Bawling   Her 3f-3l and 3a was clean and high enough. She was much more improved than in Vancouver, and thEn scoring didn't reflect her marks properly! But she is the Star of the night.
I hope she would continue to skate  in the future as long as her body condition is okay with it. Much as she spent shaky years after Vancouver, she could show such stronger performances from now on.it is unimaginable that Sochi is the last skating for her competitive career, no No 

By the way,I am so tired of listening to some Korean broadcasters speaking ill of her jumps. I think her triple axel is a little bit under-rotated but within less than 1/4 range, which is fine. However, they say as if Asada was the only skater who intentionally underrotates jumps. I am more than happy she brings back her 3-3 combo. I wonder if she can fix her underrotation problems ever. Is it not to be solved in her career? I am so irritated that they keep saying badly of underroation even within 1/4 range. They try to implant 'cheater image' to the public, so sad!

Anyway, Asada was so fabulous!  flower  After watching her performance, my heart was so moved that i could feel what she feels.  Sad  She could at least come back to Tokyo world championships. I don't care who won last night but my concern is for Asada Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:27 pm

^mini34ans, if it makes you feel better, I can tell you that I've watched many programs in slow-mo using the speed feature available on some youtube video, and every (I really mean that) skater underrotates jumps. Even today, I thought some of the women in the top flight got away with more than Mao did.

On the other hand, I'm trying to break this watching habit. I feel as if getting people to focus exclusively on one aspect of skating and exclusively on Mao is what her critics are trying to do with this thing.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Iceriver wrote:
Now, as a Mao-Yuna big fan (a rare type of figure skating fan these days, although there is more than one here  Wink  ) I want to express how happy I am to see that fans from both skaters seem to have been more united than ever these two days. The Yuna forum was full of nice comments yesterday and most people were sad for Mao, while today everyone was praising Mao's performance and pointing out how she had finally moved them despite (in some cases) not being fans of her and how proud they were. In a similar way, I've read many nice comments regarding Yuna's performances here, especially about her SP and how she was (IMO) underscored in comparison to other skaters who skated after her (same happened with Mao today, though).

All in all, I think it was a great thing to happen. This is the end of 7 years of "rivalry", Mao and Yuna will not compete anymore one against the other (god...I'm getting sad while writing this) and I think it was good to end like this. No controversies, no fans of one skater claiming that the other was massively overscored, no one mentioning how much better one skater did and how horrible the other is. I think I'm getting to emotional, so I'll stop now  sunny

How do you rate Yuna's performances, disregarding jumps? I like her SP but her FS was lacklustre and there were not enough attrack and fire IMVHO.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Bg8_jt10

Razz 

epic picture of a Russian (?) gramma.  Too sweet! 
Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Bg9ptz11
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:11 pm

BounceAround wrote:
^mini34ans, if it makes you feel better, I can tell you that I've watched many programs in slow-mo using the speed feature available on some youtube video, and every (I really mean that) skater underrotates jumps.  Even today, I thought some of the women in the top flight got away with more than Mao did.

On the other hand, I'm trying to break this watching habit. I feel as if getting people to focus exclusively on one aspect of skating and exclusively on Mao is what her critics are trying to do with this thing.

I would be happy if you do it for me. Very Happy  i am so upset that Korean broadcasters do not mention at all Yuna's occasional jump underroation or flip-edge deduction, which occurs not often though, because she is a strong jumper and has consistency in competition. However, they keep commenting Mao's underroated jumps even within 1/4 range ( which is allowed in ISU rule book).

The reason why i think Mao continues to skate( possibly up until 2018 oly) is she would be able to give strong performances in this overall improved skating. She had been inconsistent and shaky since 2009, except for her good performances in the Vancouver Olympics and 2010 Worlds. Also i dont think her choreography was perfectly suitable so far(esp with the ones Tarasova) I hope she could show more consistent presences in a better choreography afterwards, like she did in Sochi . She could give excellent performances in the future competitions enough to make Yunabots or such biased commentators shut up. But this is up to Mao's choice and her body condition. I want the public(esp. Korean public) to remember her as the true legendary skater(not only Yuna but also Mao)  flower i do not know much about Jpan's figure skating situation but none of younger skaters in Japan has such star quality as Mao.  Thumbs up! except for Hanyu. But who knows? Mao is the skater who can skate such in a soft, ethereal and elegant manner.  flower 
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:14 pm

mini34ans wrote:

Also i dont think her choreography was perfectly suitable so far(esp with the ones Tarasova) I hope she could show more consistent presences in a better choreography afterwards, like she did in Sochi .

Maybe Mao can be Lori's new Carolina?
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:20 pm

BounceAround wrote:
mini34ans wrote:

Also i dont think her choreography was perfectly suitable so far(esp with the ones Tarasova) I hope she could show more consistent presences in a better choreography afterwards, like she did in Sochi .

Maybe Mao can be Lori's new Carolina?

Consider how many times Kostner fell on jumps in 2009 worlds, but Karolina continued to skate for 5 years until Sochi and achieved results. Why not Mao?
But i agree that olympic medal color is not as important as people assume. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next