Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]

Go down 
+63
~*AAA*~
hirahira
Lionhart
nita
bekalc
polly10
MaoApple
supportmaoasada
let`s talk
mini34ans
mimmiz
MaoRussianFan
richster106
Dani-Chan
Lady_in_black
cera
apple4me
MaoChan756
jirachiness
kisses
maofan93
kazekamihiko
appledapple
aoi88
icetea
Tripleaxelqueen
whiteboots2013
polosatik
ElleluvsL
Iceriver
inskate
Artistry
sweetdream
Afsfan
jkblues
Otchoto de mus :3
itsonlykat
rachmaninoffangel
linglang
MyMao
josling
ballerinamao
illani
tigster
europeanfan
sapphiresky
Asada_Rising
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Batsuchan
roma
chapis
zarinaballerina
☆Genie
BounceAround
PochinkoPotanko
Ken Himura
silenceisgolden
COHK
Hotaru
pearlyriver
l-spiralmao
shar
klarification
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Iceriver wrote:
ENTIRE POST

I also want her to have a long rest, maybe take a season off to think about what she wants to accomplish next. Her entire life has always revolved around skating and as someone pointed out, the sport has been ungrateful to her (although those who are not fans of Mao may disagree). If Mao wants to retire, then there's nothing to do but respect her decision.  Yep!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 pm

nita wrote:

And it's not true that Yuna hasn't said anything about the judging.  She said in a Washington Post article (I can't post a link yet) that her score did not reflect her performance no matter how well she did, to the point of being strange.  Those are pretty strong words.

Here we go again, seriously, can't she just suck it up and leave it be? I guess she's never heard of being gracious in defeat.  Disappointed  She is right about one thing though, her score trully did not reflect her performance. If it had, her PCS would be 68-69 max, she didn't deserve 75 (or whatever she got) for that program that she and David call Tango.
I apologize to all Yuna fans on this board. I am really sorry if I've offended anyone with my criticque of Yuna, but honestly, her complaining and the beahviour of her federation (not her fault I know) is really pissing me off. Can you guys imagine if Mao behaved this way? I've adored Mao for years, but comparing her behaviour in Vancouver and how Yuna is handling her silver medal here in Sochi...they are worlds apart. My respect for Mao has grown even bigger (didn't think that was possible), Yuna could learn alot from her, IMO.

linglang wrote:
I don't buy Yuna's "nice" comments on Mao at all. Call me bitch. But I hate an opportunistic person. I don't want her to come close her nor even mention about her. It looks she does it only for her merits. Mao had been their target for years. They took every opportunity to bash her and nitpicked her. No she cannot understand her at all. How come a person who's been chronically overrated and inflated without even maintaining the technical levels that she can execute but with deteriorating technical contents can say that she can understand Mao.

I completely agree. There were too many stuff about Mao coming either from Yuna or her camp in the past, to make me believe she is sincere. I don't buy it for a second. And no Yuna, you don't understand how Mao is feeling, and you never will. You just got a little taste of how Mao has been treated throughout her career and you can't handle it. I do wonder what would've happened, had the judges decided they'll give her the same treatment they've been giving mMao since 2008, I think she would've had a break down of sorts. Drama! 

Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 pm

klarification wrote:
Iceriver wrote:
ENTIRE POST

I also want her to have a long rest, maybe take a season off to think about what she wants to accomplish next. Her entire life has always revolved around skating and as someone pointed out, the sport has been ungrateful to her (although those who are not fans of Mao may disagree). If Mao wants to retire, then there's nothing to do but respect her decision.  Yep!

I agree with you Retire Mao Chan Rest and move on to better things. Someone in another forum said that Yuna Kim (not to start anything) has a better understanding of the game. She knows that ISU, Federation don't care about her, they just need her to make money. And the same person also said Mao has not caught to that yet. I think she loves the sport so much that she does not see it . I thought it was an interesting perspective.
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 pm

chapis wrote:
Gallagher is an idiot! And honestly I doubt someone take him seriously, you know, all people in Japan, that is where probably someone read him, know how much Effort Mao had done, the lost of her mother and everything about her. Who is him? A nobody.

THIS. Gallagher who? He is so shallow in his analysis. That is exactly what I am talking about, when I say this sport is ungrateful to Mao. No acknowledgment of her pushing this dying sport. All they talk about is she did not medal. Yeah who cares.
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 pm

To Japanese fans and fans in general. I noticed some Japanese fans call Mao the pride of Japan on twitter and youtube and other social media. Did you noticed that?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 pm

I've read from twitter since last night that here's an interview by NHK with Mao called: NHKの「浅田真央4分間の『真実』」, and Mao was talking about what actually happened during the 4-min FS. It seems that Mao has each jump dedicated to an important person around her, such as 'This jump is for Mai', and 'This jump is for Father'. Here is a photo from the interview:

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 BhPMNGsCQAAJR4v

I'll look forward to the clip showing up somewhere soon!

Also, the team Jpn should be arriving in Japan now. There will be a press conference of Mao in two hours or so today.
Back to top Go down
jirachiness
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:19 pm

COHK wrote:
I've read from twitter since last night that here's an interview by NHK with Mao called: NHKの「浅田真央4分間の『真実』」, and Mao was talking about what actually happened during the 4-min FS. It seems that Mao has each jump dedicated to an important person around her, such as 'This jump is for Mai', and 'This jump is for Father'. Here is a photo from the interview:

Also, the team Jpn should be arriving in Japan now. There will be a press conference of Mao in two hours or so today.

This makes me love Mao-chan over and over again.  Her childlike optimism is just so beautiful... I guess that awesome triple axel was for her mom.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:37 pm

COHK wrote:

Way to go. I was really curious how her mind was functioning in the FS to focus on executing all elements cleanly and be emotionally invested at the same time. I still feel sad that it takes a disaster SP for the media and other skating experts to appreciate Mao's skating and sportsmanship we've been seing for years, at the time when she's about to end her career. But better late than never.  Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Last edited by aoi88 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
klarification wrote:
Iceriver wrote:
ENTIRE POST

I agree with you Retire Mao Chan Rest and move on to better things. Someone in another forum said that Yuna Kim (not to start anything) has a better understanding of the game. She knows that ISU, Federation don't care about her, they just need her to make money. And the same person also said Mao has not caught to that yet. I think she loves the sport so much that she does not see it. I thought it was an interesting perspective.

Indeed, very interesting take! Mao gives me the impression of being a little too naive for her own good, while Yuna seems more cunning and aware of what's going on around her.

pearlyriver wrote:
COHK wrote:

Way to go. I was really curious how her mind was functioning in the FS to focus on executing all elements cleanly and be emotionally invested at the same time. I still feel sad that it takes a disaster SP for the media and other skating experts to appreciate Mao's skating and sportsmanship we've been seing for years, at the time when she's about to end her career. But better late than never.  Like a Star @ heaven 

Oh I would love to hear what was going on in her mind during that FS!  Worship 

And what I found on twitter:

Quote :
@fccjapan   MAO ASADA press conf. @FCCJ rescheduled due to flight delay. Now set for 11:00am. Live streaming at http://fccj.or.jp   #asadamao

And thank you very much for sharing all those links, aoi88. I've noticed a lot of articles concerning Mao these days. It's so unusual for media to pay this much attention to her, but hey who am I to complain?  Razz

---

Anyway, Olympics is officially over. It's been fun chatting with everyone, but we should be locking the thread now. For more Mao news, please post in   Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition] - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40