Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles

Go down 
+53
let`s talk
linglang
silenceisgolden
COHK
l-spiralmao
Iceriver
Samurai Mao
koala_lover
maowataiyo
Tripleaxelqueen
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
bebece
WowMao
Haidogirl
girlgirllo
kawaiimao
bibi
Toru
illani
p351
BowbowDaijin
minhoudi
kisses
whiteboots2013
Rose
W0rldTrav3l3r
Aero
roma
beautifulmao
Abdiel
sweetdream
Otchoto de mus :3
MyMao
Lady_in_black
emory903
ilovethai
aoi88
Batsuchan
sapphiresky
maofan93
itsonlykat
BounceAround
mini34ans
breynows
chapis
polosatik
nita
Mao_Asada_sunrise
inskate
shar
pearlyriver
klarification
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 9:16 am

I wonder with  the new edge rule deductions if it would be better or possible for Mao to do a second salchow instead of the lutz. There was a comparison of her salchow with other skaters at the Olympics and she had one of the highest ones. Also, in the Worlds 2014 freeskate before the new rules were introduced, Mao received almost the same score for the salchow (5.62) as she did for the lutz (5.7). She also received the highest jump GOE on her salchow, though the tech crews bogus rulings on her triple axel and triple flip and loop combo negated the superior GOE of those three jumps. Isn't she allowed to do any triple jump twice in her program or is that only for certain triple jumps? Actually, Mao's salchow was tied with Carolina Kostner's and Adelina Sotnikova's for the highest and longest salchow jump. 

Here are some comparisons: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55236-Mao-Asada-plans-comeback/page16  post number 233

Here is Mao's radio show for May 18th the day she announced her intention to return to competition if her training goes according to schedule. She is really excited during this broadcast and so full of energy. It is obvious that she is ready to return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n89OwJJFy_0

Last edited by WowMao on Fri May 22, 2015 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 11:13 am

WowMao wrote:
I wonder with  the new edge rule deductions if it would be better or possible for Mao to do a second salchow instead of the lutz.

I would just get the lutz to the point where it is !. If someone like Wagner can fix her lutz, I have infinite faith that Mao can at least improve it to be passable.

WowMao wrote:
There was a comparison of her salchow with other skaters at the Olympics and she had one of the highest ones.

And this supports my point about the lutz: The sal used to be her least favorite jump, and why she didn't do 7 triples in Vancouver. Once a very low success rate and mostly popped, it has been reworked into one of her strongest jumps, and she does it on vacation (Mystery Hunter).

I would love to see a 3-1-3 combination. I did notice that while the 1Lo is worth zero points, Pogo got downgraded on it. So it's a liability even though it's worth nothing. That makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 1:37 pm

The poster inskate said that Mao is already repeating the 3Lo and 3F, so she cannot repeat a third triple- the salchow, so that leaves either another 2 axel or the triple lutz. I wasn't familiar with this rule.

Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 1:47 pm

WowMao wrote:
I wasn't familiar with this rule.

Yeah, it's a dumb obscure rule, I only found out about it a few months ago. I am ok with the rule that a jump may only be repeated twice and must be in combination, but I never really thought this restriction was consistent because it only applies to triples.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Here is an article about Mao's comeback with many translated comments from Mao.
Her perspective an attitude towards life seems to have changed a lot since she had her break. She has expanded her experiences with other people and seems more relaxed and joyous but also determined and committed at the same time.

http://www.the-japan-news.com/news/article/0002163897

Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:26 pm

This is my understanding toward Mao's practicing of new jumping pass: aside of the Lz/edge issue, her previous layout was at risk under the current rule. Mao is used to using loop as the 2nd jump in combination. But for this season, new rules were set that:

'Repetition of double jumps (Free Skating Singles):
Any double jump (including double Axel) cannot be included more than twice in total in a Single’s Free
Program (as a Solo Jump or a part of Combination / Sequence)
.' (from ISU comm.)

Originally, this rule was set to deal with skaters using only 2T as part of jump combination. As for Mao, she used to have only 2L in the jump combination. But under the current rule, her FS with 3F-2L plus 3F-2L-2L does NOT work. (An example: look for protocol of NHK2014 ladies' FS - Kanako had a fatal mistake that she doubled a single 3L (turned into 2L), and followed by a planned 3S-2L-2L. As result, the whole 3-jump pass was dropped and had no value). Of course, if Mao has a stable 3F-3L, it might work out with her old layout (such as the layout from Sochi FS, or WC14 FS).

So now with the news that she's practicing new jumps (from the news, Shizuka didn't say clearly which one she's practicing. But it is the 3-jump combination/sequence that 'top skaters such as Hanyu is also doing', and it could be either 3L-1L-3S/3F-1L-3S), I'll take it as a positive direction. This means that Mao is opening up other possible layouts in FS to perform. I think this is where she surpasses as she's willing to take up the new challenge!

However, it is also a pity that, because of the silly rule change, we may never see her doing 3-2-2 jump combination in a FS again. She almost always managed to have that 3-combination fall right with the music in her previous free programs, in Rach2, in Swan lake, and in liebestraum. It has almost become one of her signature moves and now it will be killed by the rule....
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 3:00 am

Here is the link for the summary translation by rosewood of the live interview with Fuji TV done just after Mao's press conference for The Ice (post number 843). I really like Mao's witty response to the interviewer when Mao asks what kind of program he would like to see. When he tells Mao that he would like her to do a program with "a lot of smiles," she says in response, her gospel number in The Ice last year had a lot of smiles and that she had already done that.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde....89260/page-29

Here is the link for interview itself:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2q...意_sport
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 8:28 am

Mao attended a campaign event for cosmetics "Arsoa" today. Here's the link to the website (she looks stunning in the promotion photo, and there's a video about photo shooting:

http://www.arsoa.co.jp/mao/concept.html

Links to the news video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqjr1Qobi8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCLDeyQVdms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P863P9jWN2Q

She talked a little about her recent training in the interview. She says she trained about 1-2 hrs when she was resting, but now she trains constantly. Right now she's in good condition.

Also, the 13th round of her radio talk show is in the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmgl5aJko8

At the beginning, she talked about attending the training camp with Coach Sato's group at Nobeyama during the beginning of May. Also for today's program, there's a new corner called "Mao's skater album", in which she introduces skaters and coaches. The first skater she talks about is Plushenko.
(I'll try to come back with more detailed information from the talk!)
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Here are 2 new postings for Mao's performances in HD;

4CC LP 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Khd-L7eieI

Worlds and GPF Nocturne 20013-2014 and 2014 Worlds and Sochi LP (side by side): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAlHXSLVffQ
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 2:22 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
I'll start! Razz

3a, 3f+3lo, 3lz, 3lo+3s, 2a+3t, 3f?

She needs another jump. In this case, it would be: 3a, 3f-3lo, 3lz, 3lo-3s, 3f, 2a-3t, 2a.

This is an insane layout though, if she were ever to pull this off, WOW! it would mean a new WR in everything. The score, the number of 3-3 combos with a 3A in the same program... Faint2

At this point, I just hope she won't go back to three 3A in one competition. The second 3A in her LP really takes something aways from the program, IMO. I don't know whether this is due to the preparation time for the 3A, but my favourite Rach 2 version is with one 3A and a 3-3. That was just perfection. Love Hearts

COHK wrote:
Mao attended a campaign event for cosmetics "Arsoa" today. Here's the link to the website (she looks stunning in the promotion photo, and there's a video about photo shooting:
http://www.arsoa.co.jp/mao/concept.html

Stunning. Love Hearts  I know in campaigns such as this, photoshop is heavily used, but still, just wow.

BelieveInMaoSelf wrote:
I want to see the tape of him saying that, if he did.
Normally I would be spitting nails, but I recently found a Russian news article that "quoted" Yulia saying she should have won the 2014 worlds instead of Mao. There is no way Yulia would say such a thing.

I agree, but then I remember his vitriol towards Mao and her "generous" PCS a few seasons ago, and I'm not so sure about his "innocence". I can't believe that an expert like him would go as far as to say she's never landed a clean 3A, but I can picture him lowballing Mao's 3A. He might of meant that it's an illusion since she's often UR'ed it and the press took his words way out of context and put their own spin to it. I hope so at least. Though I'd prefer your version would be the right one, and the press just made the whole thing up.

Like you, I can't picture Yulia saying she should've won in 2014. She is a very honest person, and though her sportmanship has come under question a few times (the podium drama at last year CoC and her general behaviour when she doesn't win), she would never say that. Especially since the door was open for her in Tokyo (with Mao's BS score) and she blew it.

About Mishin and his complaints about Mao's PCS;
If I remember correctly, Mishin was complaining during the GP season (I think it was in 2011) about how it doesn't matter what the younger skaters put on the ice when skaters like Mao get a huge PCS but have a far less difficult TES, yet win due to PCS. I found his comments tactless then, TBH. Mad  But then, it may have been only a frustration talking out of him.

I really don't know what to think of his supposed comment of Mao's 3A. I've heard he's a great person, so I can't imagine him stooping so low to actually say something like this, especially since it's a blatant lie. I guess we'll see what's the truth as season begins and Mao (hopefully) comes back. If he did say this, than he'll have no problem repeating this.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:31 am

COHK wrote:

Also, the 13th round of her radio talk show is in the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmgl5aJko8

At the beginning, she talked about attending the training camp with Coach Sato's group at Nobeyama during the beginning of May. Also for today's program, there's a new corner called "Mao's skater album", in which she introduces skaters and coaches. The first skater she talks about is Plushenko.
(I'll try to come back with more detailed information from the talk!)

This is not complete...but I try to cover the more important details from this round of broadcasting:

- Mao starts by talking about her recent activities. She talks about training with Coach Sato’s team at the beginning of May. She says during the training, she took lessons about performing and acting. Also they practiced compulsory figures at the rink in Nobeyama. And now she practices at the home rink in Nagoya
- She read questions from a listener, who asks about skating boots. She used to have boots made in Italy. She also talks about the edges and maintenance of boots. Another listener’s question is about being a ‘flower girl’ in skating competition. She mentioned she’s being the ‘flower girl’ once when NHK trophy was held in Nagoya
- The song she plays today is ‘Number one’ by Ayaka
- She interviews Mr. Yamata, who’s from the tailor factory ‘Factilier’
- There’s a new corner called “Mao’s skater album”, in which Mao introduces and talks about famous skaters and coaches. For this first round she talks about Plushenko and introduces Plushenko as a respectful Russian competitor, who seems never failing with his technique. She also talks about the funny ‘kissing incident’ happened during the EX at Vancouver Oly.

Post broadcasting digest can be viewed here:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/radio/maosmile/
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 6:03 am

http://mantan-web.jp/gallery/2015/05/28/20150528dog00m200008000c/001.html

Photos of Mao in the 'airweave' news release today. She's SO lovely in the traditional kimono!

A new CM will be airing on Jun 1st, featuring Mao doing traditional dance in Kyoto.

video of the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9BD8kgx2uI
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:46 am

Thanks for the many updates, COHK!

Wow, Mao looks very mature in that short-sleeved-kimono! Love Hearts

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 002_si11
Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 01110Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 01210Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 01310
Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 01010
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:11 am

She's still adorable though. flower
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Thanks for the beautiful photos and video links CONK and silenceisgolden. I was really impressed with how charming and beautiful Mao is in this Arsoa (face soap) video and what a challenge it must be to walk in those heavy high heels. I guess is just as hard as walking in skates because I noticed she put on different shoes during the video. The pink dress and white shoes look stunning on her with a cross between a retro and high fashion 1960s look. The video is in great quality too. She is beaming with vitality in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcDzP1qS3DQ
Back to top Go down
Samurai Mao

Samurai Mao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 6:49 pm

WowMao wrote:
I know I have posted this before. But, I have been working on trying to get my tribute to Mao's Sochi LP to rhyme. Still not quite finished.

Mao's Olympic performance was packed with epic grandeur
like a Shakespearean tragedy with a silver lining for texture.
-only the medium of expression was not written in words,
but molded from a multitude of exquisite positions that turned
into a series of limber spins and accented with wave-like runs
to a string of quick whipsaw jumps that drilled into the utmost
depths of my soul.

This vigorous warrior princess set the athletic standard in the ladies' group
by tackling the triple axel together with the combination triple flip and loop.

Mao offered her open arms and palms to engage the audience
lifting them dramatically like curtains slowly rising for stage presence
to reveal the first act in a role she alone had the capacity to play.
She veered left using the diagonal width of the rink as a runway.

As she launched into take off, her arms swung into motion.
Her back straight as a knife blade to cut the mounting tension.
Leaning deep into her forward edge, she folded her arms across her chest
to spin quickly. My heart raced as her rising symmetrical spirals hit their crest.
Her delayed rotation accelerated into a quick whirlwind that broke the suspense
She spread her arms wide and leaned back to the jumping site for an instant,
as her right blade hit the ice clean and began to slide sideways.
Meanwhile, the announcer, Tatiana Tarasova, who lovingly named
Mao "her little dove," made a guttural utterance
in relief once the jump was wonderfully done.

Then, Mao extended her arms wide to embrace the crowd,
as the triple axel turned on the switch for her soul to speak out loud.
She flew through her triple flip quickly and lightly whirling like a streamlined swallow
Her winged feet just touched the icy surface before flitting into symmetrical twirling motion

Mao exited her jumps with an undulating flow back to where the jump had been,
waving farewell to a forgotten friend or a loved one she would never see again.
She lovingly cupped her hands and brushed them gently under her neck,
with an angelic smile lifted to the sky as bittersweet memories beckoned
for a distant someone between her broken leg, pancake and flying camel spins.

Her balletic grace was a mermaid swaying back in forth on one skate
as her limbs displayed the fluidity of seaweed drifting gently on the waves.
Only Mao had the infinite subtlety, complexity and grace
of the Japanese tea ceremony at her fingertips to taste.

As the program progressed, her speed between jumps increased
in sync with the surge in the music, as it mounted to a climatic release.
Through the triple lutz, the triple toe / double axel combo and the triple salchow,
she was more than game to run a gauntlet of triples no woman had the power
to tame. I waited with baited breath for an inevitable mistake that never came,
As my mouth grew wider, my eyes started filling with water,
So, I crossed my fingers, hoping she'd finish before making an error.

On her entrance to the triple flip / double loop combo, she lifted her arms
softly like wings gently soaring before darting into the air with the charm
of swift rhythmic flight. Her wave-like flow in every motion
that moves the emotions like the moon does the ocean
then transformed into an abrupt downward thrust of her arms,
like striking piano keys on entry to her eighth triple jump as an alarm.
When the triple loop was done, she flung her right arm back suddenly. With her final goal
in sight, she rid herself of the melancholy ghosts that haunted the hollowness in her soul.

Then, as the blare from the horns began its strident swell,
the pounding of the piano crescendoed into crashing bells,
and the whine of the violins began to cry,
Mao hung suspended in the revolutions of her illusion,
sit extension and Biellmann spins.

After this, she plunged into her step sequence, where tears begin to rush as a flooded river.
The battling ballerina pranced freely, whirling her arms along every trajectory that sent me into shivers
as she balanced her body, twisting quickly to accelerate the vortex in her pirouettes, then rocking back
and forth rapidly in semi-circular turns. She portrayed the fierceness of a lovely lioness on the attack
to the roar of the audience, as they clapped in time to her nimble quickness.

Next, she leapt into the air with arms and legs outstretched, then tread into a transcendent dimension

that exorcised all her Olympic heart aches, grievous mistakes and acumulated humiliations

to embrace a peak performance that surpassed the rise to Everest. She kicked her limber

legs over her head, turned upside down and wound round like a windmill churning in a river.

Then, she spun upright, as her arms and hands glided in wide sweeping gestures

while flashing a wild samurai smile, as the crowd clapped in time to each step she measured.

Finally, she dashed through her fan spiral and glided in a wide arc through her arabesque,
as she descended back to earth redeemed in the completion of her 4 year quest for success.

It was the performance she proudly staked her reputation on
when so many thought all hope for her in Sochi was gone.

In her final act, she tried to stand frozen in her last pose looking up nobly
with her right arm folded over her chest to hold in the overwhelming emotion.
At that moment, I pictured her facing heavenward to dedicate her amazing
triumph to the dear spirit of her mother while whispering in praise,
"I did this all, including the triple axel, just for you. Mom, How did I do?"
During this dedication I conceived, she started sobbing uncontrollably in bidding adieu,
as her head and arms began to shake, then dropped down as she faced away.
A platinum performance tinged with the question of "What could be?" was erased
by the SP tragedy bringing bittersweet tears to her and a huge host
of those from all over the globe. With a nod of the head, she composed
herself to face the fond applause from the audience. Her arms opened wide
and her flowing tears metamorphosized into a bright, beaming smile
as Mao, the Ballerina Phoenix, arose to show joyous relief in her glorious achievement.

Thank you Mao Asada for digging deep to reveal the full beauty, purity and resiliency of your brave athletic spirit. It is the most complete performance I have ever seen. It moved my emotions like the moon does the sea because you did it so naturally.

Back to top Go down
Samurai Mao

Samurai Mao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 6:53 pm

I read and reviewed your latest addendum to your tribute to Mao's Sochi LPperformance. I can only say that it is beautifully written, expressively lyrical and for the imagination--visually enchanting. I'm so amazed how you can put into words
the emotions I feel when I watch her skate. Empiricist be gone! She skates in a realm, unswerving in its pure dedication to artistry. And you, WowMao, have witnessed this magical moment and written it down for us all to experience and
never forget. Thank you for this.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 am

I remember one of the JSF members saying that she would ask Mao
about her will on GP events in the last week of May.

Part of me is still expecting a pleasant surprise at the announcement by ISU on June 15. Yep!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 2:26 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:

Part of me is still expecting a pleasant surprise at the announcement by ISU on June 15. Yep!

I hope not. I'd prefer to see her skipping GP, and instead go to a B international sometime later in the year. I also hope she'll have a new LP, not in time for Regionals, but for Nationals and Worlds. I don't know how the judges will react if she comes back with a recycled LP. pale
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 6:27 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:

I hope not. I'd prefer to see her skipping GP, and instead go to a B international sometime later in the year. I also hope she'll have a new LP, not in time for Regionals, but for Nationals and Worlds. I don't know how the judges will react if she comes back with a recycled LP. pale

I understand your view about Mao not competing in the GP. It would be nice if Mao takes her time to get her jumps down and begin her come back under less scrutiny with plenty of time to get ready for Nationals. But, as far as the judges reaction to a recycled program, I have looked at her scores compared to the scores of Russians and Yuna Kim enough by now to realize that it really makes no difference what she does on the ice much of the time because in my view a lot of the results are already decided. The 3F / 3L were fully rotated at Sochi and Worlds and she still got downgrades, just like her triple axels in the Grand Prix Final SP and in the Worlds 2014 LP and she got a mere 5th place finish in PCS and 6th place GOE at Sochi after giving what most everyone agrees was the best performance in the event and this was with a program that wasn't recycled. So, I expect there is a high probability that the judges will try to give her the short end of the stick again, though of course I hope they don't. I just can't pretend that the scoring is fair or objective at all. That's why I think she is so brave to return.  

Besides, Carolina Kostner got over 73.5 in PCS for a recycled program at both Sochi and  at Worlds 2014.  So, in my opinion, if Mao appears to be given lower PCS because of skating a recycled program, it will be because the ISU has decided to rig it that way anyway.  

I don't mean to sound confrontational. I just think Mao should skate the best she can and fulfill her ideal with the program she feels most comfortable with and not worry about the judges. Viewers of figure skating and history will reward her if she gives great performances even if the judges don't. The now legendary status of her Sochi LP proves this with almost 2,000,000 views on youtube even though Mao skated in the third group with less publicity.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Here are some interviews that Mao has done in English. Her pronunciation of English is so adorable.

Mao Asada Interview - 2007 GPF- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBVlu_OG9UM

Mao Asada SP&FS Interview - 2008 Worlds- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfs-5VZyDjk

Mao Asada 2011 Rostelecom cup- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-UJNMNw1A

MAO ASADA INTERVIEW 2009.03.25- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P0d5eSvsY8

Mao Asada - 2008 4CC FS & Interview starts at 6:42- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvCn6YT6p2A

Mao Asada - 2006 SA SP +Interview- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmyUwtmch9w at about 6:00 minutes
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 10:49 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

I hope not. I'd prefer to see her skipping GP, and instead go to a B international sometime later in the year.  

I remember that Mao once said she liked processes to improve
her performances through GP events.

So if she got a positive feeling toward the events after one-month training,
I think that it’s better for her to participate in them.  Smile
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:39 am

WowMao wrote:
Here are some interviews that Mao has done in English. Her pronunciation of English is so adorable.

It is interesting that you brought this up now, because only a few hours before your post, I was just thinking about my favorite mini-interview of her's.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2578cz_2014-03-29-cbc-2014-worlds-ladies-fs-mao-asada_sport

The "Would you think about going on, or is this the end of Mao?" part was actually included in a Japanese documentary about her. She also makes a point of explicitly mentioning "the audience was very nice", which I think we know why, given what she can compare to...

I also agree with you about using Swan Lake if she needs to redo a program. It is already choreographed for 8 triples, fresh and ready to go without any modifications.
My problem with reusing Rach II is: Any program using this music, including by other skaters, will be overshadowed into oblivion by the Sochi LP.
If she does have a successful comeback, I wouldn't want it to be overshadowed by her own earlier work.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:41 am

I've been waiting for this video for a while:
Mao doing the "Kyo-mai" dance (tranditional dance. for Airweave CM), in full version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eciWxJCpwAU

Though this might be difficult, but if she could incorporate any of the dance in her skating...
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 2:27 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
I remember one of the JSF members saying that she would ask Mao
about her will on GP events in the last week of May.

Re. GP events:

News update: http://www.sanspo.com/smp/sports/news/20150607/fgr15060714000001-s.html

From the news, it looks like Mao, Coach Sato and JSF have talked about participating in GP events. And they want to respect the timeline of ISU announcement so no announcement will be made otherwise (until Jun 15th).

The news does indicate that, in case Mao is not listed as an entry to any of the event, there's still a possibility for the local NHK event to recommend Mao and she may be invited.(I read from some other news that the NHK TBD decision can be waited and decided later until Sept.)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles
Page 30 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next