Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Figure Skating Championships 2014

Go down 
+43
silenceisgolden
ElleluvsL
polosatik
europeanfan
W0rldTrav3l3r
kazekamihiko
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
MyMao
Batsuchan
Tripleaxelqueen
sapphiresky
Lelya
Lady_in_black
Afsfan
rachmaninoffangel
tigster
Hotaru
Haidogirl
breynows
Samurai Mao
FigureArtist14
itsonlykat
Mao_Asada_sunrise
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Otchoto de mus :3
chapis
illani
zarinaballerina
klarification
BounceAround
Iceriver
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
ballerinamao
shar
roma
emory903
linglang
COHK
let`s talk
jimmyshum_999
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:42 am

shar wrote:
Aaaaand now the ISU president wants to do away with the SP, among other changes in FS:

Article by Evil Hersh:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/international/chi-figure-skating-boss-proposes-radical-changes-to-sport-20140325,0,3069833.story

Letter:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-ottavio-cinquanta-letter-20140325,0,7309130,full.story

I just can't... Very Mad Very Mad Very Mad  Speedy, how about you do something radical and very necessary and step down from your position! can this get any more embarrassing? why doesn't he just cancel the figure skating branch of ISU while he's at it. Is he stupid? This sport is already losing alot of it's fans, and mostly due to annonymous BS judging, and he wants to keep this, but chop the SP instead? Frustrated  Is he stoned or something?

I'm on the fence with anonymous judging. On one hand it's good, this way you can't know who gave you which score, so the fed can't go after the judge later (in case they disagree with the score), however something must be done about the way this sport is being judged at the moment. maybe keep the annonimity so that the public and skaters can't see who gave which score, but if there is any BS going on, held the judges accountable. What happened in Sochi was a disgrace (and I'm not talking about Yuna losing the gold, she shouldn't even had the silver, IMO), but this kind of corrupt judging has been going on long before Sochi. Just look at Patrick's last two world titles, he won them due to corrupt judging.

So my advise to Speedy; fix the judging and leave evertyhing else as it is. I mean even skiing has two runs before the winner is decided, and he just wants to have a LP?  Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 am

Yay worlds!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:49 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Yay worlds!

cheers 

And for anyone who wants to watch, here are some Eurosport links for the men's SP:

http://www.tvole.com/livestream/1/664482/march-26-2014/eurosport-tvshow-tv.html

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:59 am

WAW !! i really loved machida's performance Smile
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 am

Can't watch the whole thing because of work but checking updates and HOLY MOLY TATSUKI THREW IT DOWN. Good for him!
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:28 am

yep, yuzuru is curently 2nd, Tatsuki 1st , with nearly 7 points difference !  Shocked that's huge !
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:50 am

it's the end of men's SP,
1st : Tatsuki MACHIDA
2nd : Javier FERNANDEZ
3rd : Yuzuru HANYU

Javier skated well, but I don't know why I don't really like his program :s

Time for me to go to work :p

Can't wait to see Mao !!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:51 am

Holy cow, Machida! Shocked  where did that come from?! He was sooo amazing.

Yuzu... Depressed Crying  well, better here than in Sochi. he's less then 7 points behind Machida, so he can still win it, but he'll have to be clean.

Javi  Swoon . How I wish he'd stuck to his Chaplin LP, if he had, the gold would be his on friday, with this LP, I don't know... No Bawling 

@emory903 thanx for the stream link! Thank you!  I went to bed, cause Eurosport is kindly showing singles live, and extensive highlights in pairs/ice dance. I don't know what happened, but I'm not complaining. I just hope, they'll stick to the program and won't change everything yet again.
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:16 am

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:
Surprised

just found this :

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/south-korea-to-file-complaint-on-olympic-figure-skating-judging-1.2585026

Yeah this news has been around for a few days. I don't really know what to say. Well, I do, but those wouldn't be nice words. The nicest thing I have to say about this is, they're really sore losers. In the past I was complaining about JSF not sticking up for their skaters, I still think they could and should do more for them, but I'm glad it never occured to them to take this path. Really, really dissapointed with Koreans. The funniest thing in all this is, that despite everything, IMO, Yuna was still overscored. That Tango was one of the the most uninspired perfromances I've ever seen from her. She's been judged very generously, so I don't understand what more do they want? Rolling Eyes 

Back to worlds: I'm watching pairs SP at the moment. I really like Antipova/Maisuradze, yes they have a long way to go in PCS, but boy their future looks bright.  Love Hearts 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:28 am

Surprised

just found this :

http://www.cbc.caifsports/figureskating/south-korea-to-file-complaint-on-olympic-figure-skating-judging-1.2585026

Old news.They should have filed right after the LP if they felt her score was unjust. I think when it comes to Yuna, she and her countrymen have an entitlement issues by thinking Yuna is suppose to win if she is cleanish whenever she competes. Yuna is not that great outside of her overhyped jumps that frankly, both Gold and Sotnikova can challenge now in terms of speed, height and distance and they don't have to do 6 crossovers to get the height/distance. Her spins are weak, her spirals are one of the worst, and her step sequences are nothing but lazy footwork with distracting (from her weak footworks) arm flailing. Her Vancouver performance was beautiful, but they wanted her to win so bad, they over inflated her scores while holding Mao's scores back (especially her SP which should have scored between 75-76).
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:42 am

shar wrote:
Surprised

just found this :

http://www.cbc.caifsports/figureskating/south-korea-to-file-complaint-on-olympic-figure-skating-judging-1.2585026

Old news.They should have filed right after the LP if they felt her score was unjust. I think when it comes to Yuna, she and her countrymen have an entitlement issues by thinking Yuna is suppose to win if she is cleanish whenever she competes. Yuna is not that great outside of her overhyped jumps that frankly, both Gold and Sotnikova can challenge now in terms of speed, height and distance and they don't have to do 6 crossovers to get the height/distance. Her spins are weak, her spirals are one of the worst, and her step sequences are nothing but lazy footwork with distracting (from her weak footworks) arm flailing. Her Vancouver performance was beautiful, but they wanted her to win so bad, they over inflated her scores while holding Mao's scores back (especially her SP which should have scored between 75-76).

THIS!  Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:22 am

Yes, the way they ALWAYS overscore yuna and underscore Mao makes me sick...

I really think once she retires, i'll stop watching this sport,

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Mao will get full credit for her performances this time, and why not, set a new world record Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:43 am

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Mao will get full credit for her performances this time, and why not, set a new world record Smile

I couldn't agree more. Two clean performances is all I ask, and we all know she can do it.  Yep! 

Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 am

Group 5 looks to be the best group of the bunch. 

Warm-Up Group 5 
22 Mao ASADA JPN
23 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
24 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
25 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
26 Zijun LI CHN
27 Gracie GOLD USA

Warm-Up Group 6 
28 Ashley WAGNER USA
29 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER
30 Julia LIPNITSKAIA RUS
31 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
32 Valentina MARCHEI ITA
33 Joshi HELGESSON SWE
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 am

shar wrote:

Warm-Up Group 5 
22 Mao ASADA JPN
23 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
24 Akiko SUZUKI JPN

25 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
26 Zijun LI CHN
27 Gracie GOLD USA

Warm-Up Group 6 
28 Ashley WAGNER USA
30 Julia LIPNITSKAIA RUS
32 Valentina MARCHEI ITA
33 Joshi HELGESSON SWE

holy...this looks like japanese nationals in 5th group.  lol! 

Didn't Mao say that she likes it best if she's the first to go? And now that the judges have seen what Caro can produce (75 at the most), if Mao goes clean there's no reason in holding her back, because no way can anyone top her. So judges please no more BS PCS, and to the tech controller, please no more phantom UR's. Thank you.

Go Mao!  Rockstar
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:41 am

shar wrote:

Warm-Up Group 5 
22 Mao ASADA JPN
23 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
24 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
25 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
26 Zijun LI CHN
27 Gracie GOLD USA

Warm-Up Group 6 
28 Ashley WAGNER USA
30 Julia LIPNITSKAIA RUS
32 Valentina MARCHEI ITA
33 Joshi HELGESSON SWE

is this the skating order or just the warm up group?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:46 am

^ skating order
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:04 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

holy...this looks like japanese nationals in 5th group.  lol! 

Didn't Mao say that she likes it best if she's the first to go? And now that the judges have seen what Caro can produce (75 at the most), if Mao goes clean there's no reason in holding her back, because no way can anyone top her. So judges please no more BS PCS, and to the tech controller, please no more phantom UR's. Thank you.

Go Mao!  Rockstar

YES ! it feels like fair judgment is more like a "favor" judges do to a skater (whenever they feel like doing it),... we are begging for the MINIMUM, fair scoring should be the LAST thing a skater has to worry about but still ...
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

It's so funny that the 3 sisters are skating one after another, I bet they got a kick of out of that during the drawing

The thing about this order is that Mao is the first to skate of the medal contenders, I really hope they don't hold down her scores likethey did during the LP at Sochi
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:55 am

emory903 wrote:
It's so funny that the 3 sisters are skating one after another, I bet they got a kick of out of that during the drawing

The thing about this order is that Mao is the first to skate of the medal contenders, I really hope they don't hold down her scores likethey did during the LP at Sochi

It's not the same. First, Sochi's placement was for the LP, and Mao was in the second group with almost no chance at medaling after her disastrous SP. Which is why I think the judges held back her overall score....and to give Julia a chance to stay in the top 5. There's no excuse for the judges here to hold back Mao's SP score if she goes clean. 1. She's a part of the final 2 groups. 2. And the start order is for the SP, not the LP, which skaters are placed in the order of how well they did in the SP.

Remember, Machida was in group 5 for his SP, and he still ended up in first.
Back to top Go down
jimmyshum_999

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 am

any live stream link can watch mao tomorrow????? urgent!!! pls help!!!
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:31 am

jimmyshum_999 wrote:
any live stream link can watch mao tomorrow????? urgent!!! pls help!!!

I'll watch it on CBC, Here is the link

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/broadcast/?schedule=figure_skating_on_cbc

If you are not in Cananda, you can try tu unblock the website by using the hola! plugin, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:56 pm

shar wrote:
emory903 wrote:

It's not the same. First, Sochi's placement was for the LP, and Mao was in the second group with almost no chance at medaling after her disastrous SP. Which is why I think the judges held back her overall score....and to give Julia a chance to stay in the top 5. There's no excuse for the judges here to hold back Mao's SP score if she goes clean. 1. She's a part of the final 2 groups. 2. And the start order is for the SP, not the LP, which skaters are placed in the order of how well they did in the SP.

Remember, Machida was in group 5 for his SP, and he still ended up in first.

THIS. I honestly believe this is Mao's competition to lose. If she'll deliver, then judges will give it to her, if she won't...well, then it's going to be between Caro and Julia.

I'll watch it on CBC. If you are not in Cananda, you can try tu unblock the website by using the hola! plugin, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work...

With my experience, it doesn't always work.

Are there no russian links? For the ladies, the eurosport stream should work, since they'll show the whole ladies event live.

it feels like fair judgment is more like a "favor" judges do to a skater (whenever they feel like doing it),... we are begging for the MINIMUM, fair scoring should be the LAST thing a skater has to worry about but still ...

Completely agree. We are begging for fair scoring, while many others are getting ridiculous scores for crap they're showing. Frustrated  This is so unfair. And despite all of this, we've never heard any complaints from Mao. She's one heck of a classy lady.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:02 pm

here is a russian link, it worked great during grand prix season so hopefully it'll work for pairs and ladies as well.
http://moetv.ucoz.ru/index/sport_2/0-129

ISU is also streaming the entire competition, however it's geoblocked for those countries whose TV stations have bought broadcasting rights. I assume Europe (europsort bought the rights), USA, Canada, Japan, China, (possibly) Korea are all geoblocked.

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2014
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next