Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Figure Skating Championships 2014

Go down 
+43
silenceisgolden
ElleluvsL
polosatik
europeanfan
W0rldTrav3l3r
kazekamihiko
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
MyMao
Batsuchan
Tripleaxelqueen
sapphiresky
Lelya
Lady_in_black
Afsfan
rachmaninoffangel
tigster
Hotaru
Haidogirl
breynows
Samurai Mao
FigureArtist14
itsonlykat
Mao_Asada_sunrise
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Otchoto de mus :3
chapis
illani
zarinaballerina
klarification
BounceAround
Iceriver
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
ballerinamao
shar
roma
emory903
linglang
COHK
let`s talk
jimmyshum_999
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:20 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:
emory903 wrote:

The thing about this order is that Mao is the first to skate of the medal contenders, I really hope they don't hold down her scores likethey did during the LP at Sochi

It's not the same. First, Sochi's placement was for the LP, and Mao was in the second group with almost no chance at medaling after her disastrous SP. Which is why I think the judges held back her overall score....and to give Julia a chance to stay in the top 5. There's no excuse for the judges here to hold back Mao's SP score if she goes clean. 1. She's a part of the final 2 groups. 2. And the start order is for the SP, not the LP, which skaters are placed in the order of how well they did in the SP.

Remember, Machida was in group 5 for his SP, and he still ended up in first.

THIS. I honestly believe this is Mao's competition to lose. If she'll deliver, then judges will give it to her, if she won't...well, then it's going to be between Caro and Julia.

If Mao gets in the ice with the same iron strong mentality she had back in Sochi FS and delivers her Nocturne magnificently like in GPF last year, I see absolutely NO REASON for the judges and tech panel to hold her down. Heck, we might even see a WR for her SP.  Who, me? 

With that being said, ice is slippery. I personally would not count the Americans out.

With Ice Dance, it would be very gratifying to see P/B get the gold. Their The Little Prince FD is something special.  Wub
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Videos are also up:

The rest are uploaded on the same channel.

---

Regarding the men's SP, so far I am very, very pleased with the judging. Tatsuki is deservedly first, his performance seriously challenges Michelle's gold standard East of Eden program. Also, now we can completely dispel any fears of a possible HANFLATION post-Sochi.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:17 pm

shar wrote:
emory903 wrote:
It's so funny that the 3 sisters are skating one after another, I bet they got a kick of out of that during the drawing

The thing about this order is that Mao is the first to skate of the medal contenders, I really hope they don't hold down her scores likethey did during the LP at Sochi

It's not the same. First, Sochi's placement was for the LP, and Mao was in the second group with almost no chance at medaling after her disastrous SP. Which is why I think the judges held back her overall score....and to give Julia a chance to stay in the top 5. There's no excuse for the judges here to hold back Mao's SP score if she goes clean. 1. She's a part of the final 2 groups. 2. And the start order is for the SP, not the LP, which skaters are placed in the order of how well they did in the SP.

Remember, Machida was in group 5 for his SP, and he still ended up in first.

Thanks for the reassurance! I really Mao hope delivers the same way that he did and blows everyone out of the water...

klarification
I am not that into ice dancing but when I was watching the Olympics, their The Little Prince program was one of my favorites
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 pm

1st Savchenko-Szolkowy world champs again!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
FigureArtist14

FigureArtist14

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:31 am

itsonlykat wrote:
I'm so happy for them. Well deserved.
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:42 am

FigureArtist14 wrote:
itsonlykat wrote:

I kept saying please DO NOT do triple axel  Embarassed . Russian skated clean but damn there was no sparks between these 2. It left me COLD  Sleep . I guess when it was in Sochi, it was different because of the Russian crowd behind them, overhyped. I do like them, but they need to work on their chemistry.. I don't agree with the canadian results. Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch should have been 3rd. Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford did not skate clean, not inspiring, also she really struggles with jumps its very visible.
Back to top Go down
FigureArtist14

FigureArtist14

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 am

itsonlykat wrote:
FigureArtist14 wrote:
itsonlykat wrote:

I kept saying please DO NOT do triple axel  Embarassed . Russian skated clean but damn there was no sparks between these 2. It left me COLD  Sleep . I guess when it was in Sochi, it was different because of the Russian crowd behind them, overhyped. I do like them, but they need to work on their chemistry.. I don't agree with the canadian results. Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch should have been 3rd. Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford did not skate clean, not inspiring, also she really struggles with jumps its very visible.
I completely agree with every point that you mentioned. I was hoping that Moore-Towers and Moscovitch would get the bronze, but Duhamel and Radford did have a lead over MT&M.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 am

klarification wrote:

Regarding the men's SP, so far I am very, very pleased with the judging. Tatsuki is deservedly first, his performance seriously challenges Michelle's gold standard East of Eden program. Also, now we can completely dispel any fears of a possible HANFLATION post-Sochi.  Laughing

lol!  Well to be fair, the inflation was only reserved for Chan, this is why it'll always be known as Chanflation. Razz  You can't expect that the mere human like Hanyu will be deserving of the same treatment as "Patrick the God Chan". After all, Patrick is oh so special, and the rest aren't.  Wink 

In all seriousness, I'm glad Hanyu isn't being overscored. The last thing this sport need is another Chan. Evil or Very Mad 

emory903 wrote:
I am not that into ice dancing but when I was watching the Olympics, their The Little Prince program was one of my favorites

Mine too, and my mother is absolutely in love with these two. Though she also thinks Ilinykh/katsalapov's Swan lake is one of the best programs ever.  scratch 

I'm not an ice dance expert, but many say that while their Little prince is a great program, it doesn't have the difficulty. I really hope we won't see yet another overscoring of I/K (that 110 in Sochi was beyond ridiculous) and that either the French will win or if it has to be Russia, I hope they'll give it to Bobrova/Soloviev instead. I really don't want to see I/K on top of the podium.  No 

Ladies will start in a few minutes. I'm so nervous. It won't be another 3+ hours before Mao's turn and I already have butterflies in my stomach.
Go, go, goooo Mao! You can do it, just remember Sochi's LP!  Cheering Good luck! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Samurai Mao

Samurai Mao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 am

Another 3+ hours before Mao's turn as Zarinaballerina says. I wonder how Mao keeps her
nerves calm. I read somewhere that she likes to do puzzles. I wonder if she's doing one now. Smile 
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:14 am

Samurai Mao wrote:
Another 3+ hours before Mao's turn as Zarinaballerina says. I wonder how Mao keeps her
nerves calm. I read somewhere that she likes to do puzzles. I wonder if she's doing one now. Smile 

Its midnight here, but waiting on Mao to skate if this is her last performance.

**I just saw Hae Jin Kim SP, seriously she needs to stop copying Yuna Kim  Bad idea! . She needs her OWN style. wow its just so weird.
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 am

Gabrielle DALEMAN love her SP so charismatic, lovely ending! wow  Wub 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 am

my stream froze  Neutral Mad 
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:23 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 am

thanks itsonlyat  Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:20 am

Oh wow, So Youn was so beautiful. Love Hearts  Such a shame for the lutz mistake and finishing behind the music. It wasn't that much after music, they should've given her a break, IMO. Oh well, lesson for next time.

itsonlykat, I completely agree. I've seen her first move and thought, WTH this is Yuna. It's great that Yuna is her role model and all, but come on, the world has already had one Yuna, it doesn't need another. You can be great and lyrical and passionate without copying her. Just get your own style. This was really weird to watch. The hand gestures, the facial epression, even some choreography screamed Yuna. Whirly  Is this normal?

And I also really like Gabrielle Daleman. Such passion. I prefer her to Osmond. She seems more natural.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:30 am

park sohouns dress reminded me alot of Mao's first swan dress
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:31 am

I'm behind! What's the update? Which group is it? How long until Mao skates?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:32 am

2 more groups then Mao
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:36 am

ballerinamao wrote:
2 more groups then Mao

Oh okay! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:59 am

just woke up, 4:50 am -_- i was too nervous during my sleep :p can't take the risk to miss mao's performance Very Happy 

Go MAOOOOOOOOOOO  cheers Cheering 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:14 am

any reports about Mao's last practice session?
Back to top Go down
breynows

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:19 am

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:
just woke up, 4:50 am -_- i was too nervous during my sleep :p can't take the risk to miss mao's performance Very Happy 

you are luckier than me, i woke 3:35am just to realise that i won't be able to see mao peformance because i won't be at home -.-
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 am

breynows wrote:
Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:

you are luckier than me, i woke 3:35am just to realise that i won't be able to see mao peformance because i won't be at home -.-

WOW!  whyy
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:22 am

Do we have a livestream from the ladies?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2014
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next