Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 World Figure Skating Championships

Go down 
+7
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Samurai Mao
zarinaballerina
ronniev
sapphiresky
silenceisgolden
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BelieveInMaoself

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:49 pm

It's rigged. An American is going to win.
Wrong edge flip and bad landings, I am actually laughing at the score and not even that angry.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 4:10 pm

BelieveInMaoself wrote:
It's rigged. An American is going to win.
Wrong edge flip and bad landings, I am actually laughing at the score and not even that angry.

Yep. Yep, Sadly
Was it just me, or did Ashley's 3T in her combo look UR'ed? If it was Mao, she'd not only get an UR but also a downgrade. Rolling Eyes I have a new mantra. From now on, I'll just enjoy Mao's skating and won't care about the scores. It's not worth the anger.

I am sooooo over the moon for Ana! cheers Dance Boogie Rockstar After the awful season and those horrible falls, affraid what a way to skate your last SP of the season! Worship Please Ana, have an amazing LP on saturday, you deserve a medal! Come on girl!

I got teary eyed watching Mirai. After everything she's been through with, especially the Sochi team debacle, Mad this was one very special skate.

I probably won't be able to watch ladies free, unless eurosport decides it's going to broadcast it, which I'm not holding my breath for, so I wish everyone the best. Especially Mao, I hope she'll just go out there relaxed and will just go for it. After 9th place, she's got nothing to loose. As I've said, I hope for a Sochi moment repeat. Worship I hope Ana will have a LP of her life, and if an American has to win it, then please let it be Gracie. I prefer her to Ashley.

After tonight scores, I don't want to hear FS fans moaning about Sochi and Adelina. Americans (the fed) are just as bad. IMO, of course.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 4:36 pm

This sport is hopeless, I have given up on it, I will just continue to watch to enjoy Mao's performances, I have no words to describe the home inflation we just saw, it's just sad, and i guess in not so long this sport will literally be dead. I'm proud of Mao for delievering what she just did, and she was a class on her own, and no numbers can change that
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 5:31 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
This sport is hopeless, I have given up on it, I will just continue to watch to enjoy Mao's performances, I have no words to describe the home inflation we just saw, it's just sad, and i guess in not so long this sport will literally be dead. I'm proud of Mao for delievering what she just did, and she was a class on her own, and no numbers can change that

THIS.
But I do hope for a clean FS. She's had one clean SP in this season, but so far, no clean LP. It would be amazing if she'd be able to achieve this in her last (I assume) competition of the season, or is she going to that new team event in April?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm finally here. I was out when the event occurred.

I'm disappointed with the score. All I asked was a clean skate. Technically Mao had a clean skate, as in no falls. However, THAT SCORE? You're kidding me! Doesn't she have better PCS elements than the other skaters? I'm not a professional skater, so someone who is, please evaluate. I'm just appalled that Moa had a lower PCS score than usual!
Back to top Go down
ronniev

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Guys, it's different watching it live vs. online or on tv. I adore Mao, and was (and still) really rooting for her! It just wasn't her night. After seeing her morning practice, I had a feeling she might not hit the triple axel today. She had only landed one or two this morning. Had she skated they way she did at yesterday's run through, she would be in first place--no doubt. I hope she skates like she has nothing to lose on Saturday. I don't have access to the Practice Rink tomorrow, but will try to do another periscope session for her Sat morning practice at the Main Rink.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:51 pm

To me, Mao's SP this season has some of her best fluid motions and rink coverage with one of her very best step sequences so classy and acrobatic with the twirls and high leg kicks, two toe pick moves, and smooth sliding dance steps across the ice. The PCS scores make absolutely no sense to me because to me and my friends who like Mao's skating the best the several seconds a jump takes do not undermine the integrity of everything else to legitimize 7th place GOE. There were some very good skates, but to my eyes, even with Mao's mistake on the triple axel her PCS is still the best.

For Mao's performance in her LP tomorrow I thought it would be better to post this salute to her Madame Butterfly performance that I started to write but didn't finish because Mao's season still hasn't ended.

A lovely butterfly flew in again at the Japan Open
after flitting away for a season on a trip she had chosen.
Her wings were lavender sleeves descending gently towards the ice
Her eyes glided away from a distant gaze expecting paradise.
The blades of her skates carved sharp edges on an icy pond
like a keel making a wake that sang a plaintive song.
In your Lp, Mao, may your triple axel soar high into the air
as a bird twirling through the sky free from any care.
May the landing be as light as a swan touching down
with unruffled feathers on a lake without any sound.
May the loft of each jump lift you towards your vision
of the performance you pictured as landing on perfection.
May you move so many souls with expression words can never know
And end your flight back from paradise with a smile all aglow.

Last edited by WowMao on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:53 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 10:03 pm

Here are some messages from people who were upset by Mao's PCS score. Most of these posts are from people who have been critical of Mao before: some very critical.

from goldenskate

Huge Yuna Kim fan who has been very critical of Mao before though not always

How come everyone in the final flight has higher PCS than Mao... this is madness!! OS

Medalist
moriel
2  Thumbs Down!
Also, as a special post.
Mao <3 <3 <3
Whatever, not her technical best maybe, but still compared to everybody else in top groups... Like dunno, she was the one deserving the 35 pcs there

Mire  Mao: Although I'm not a fan of her, she really has the best PCS out of all the ladies here. She should've gotten at least 35 in her PCS, but I have a feeling her being in group 5 may have had an impact. It's also sad to see how she's not #1 lady in Japan anymore....Rika and Satoko both are rising and earning more points than her, but I believe Mao can deliver

9. Mao (SHE SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BE GIVEN LOWER PCS THAN GRACIE/ANNA/MEDVEDEVA/ELENA!!! NO JUST NO! Her score is fine, just don't give skaters without her maturity, presence and skating skills higher components)  samm22

from youtube

B Brooks3 hours ago
Technically it wasn’t the best but in terms of PCS it was the best so far and she should have been high 60/low 70… Instead mid 60 WTF!!!?

Even huge Yuna fans who have been very critical of Mao though not always:  

Michael Panayi

guuuuuuuuuuurl when those jumps are done, Mao's terrific. What a shame. I wish figure skating hadn't become such a sport -- it was fine in 2010ish, when it was an equal combination of sport-artistry. Now it's all sport and no artistry, and that's not the right system for Mao, because she's exceptionally artistic!
Having said that, at the present rate of inflation, her PCS should have definitely been around the high-33 to mid-34 mark. 32.60 was a bit ridiculous.

bourque80132 minutes ago
+Michael Panayi
You have read my mind sir....Gold scoring 3 points higher then Mao on PCS Is proof that the Figure Skating Judging Is still spectacularly corrupt In my opinion....I wish that I was sent back to 2010 too....I think that figure skating was better then....but I would like to see the Judging scores go back to the old 6.0 system....It made a whole lot more sense to me, this new system stinks in my opinion!!!!

Bnizzofashizzo6 hours ago
She looked REALLY nervous before the music began. Her practices have been mostly good. I think that in terms of mental toughness she's not quite fully baked. The rest is like out of this world compared to the rest.

Last edited by WowMao on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 pm

WowMao wrote:
Here are some messages from people who were upset by Mao's PCS score. Most of these posts are from people who have been critical of Mao before: some very critical.

from goldenskate

Huge Yuna Kim fan who has been very critical of Mao before though not always

How come everyone in the final flight has higher PCS than Mao... this is madness!! OS

Medalist
moriel
2  Thumbs Down!
Also, as a special post.
Mao <3 <3 <3
Whatever, not her technical best maybe, but still compared to everybody else in top groups... Like dunno, she was the one deserving the 35 pcs there

Mire  Mao: Although I'm not a fan of her, she really has the best PCS out of all the ladies here. She should've gotten at least 35 in her PCS, but I have a feeling her being in group 5 may have had an impact. It's also sad to see how she's not #1 lady in Japan anymore....Rika and Satoko both are rising and earning more points than her, but I believe Mao can deliver

9. Mao (SHE SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BE GIVEN LOWER PCS THAN GRACIE/ANNA/MEDVEDEVA/ELENA!!! NO JUST NO! Her score is fine, just don't give skaters without her maturity, presence and skating skills higher components)  samm22

from youtube

B Brooks3 hours ago
Technically it wasn’t the best but in terms of PCS it was the best so far and she should have been high 60/low 70… Instead mid 60 WTF!!!?

Even huge Yuna fans who have been very critical of Mao though not always:  

Michael Panayi

When Mao doesn't have to jump, she's the best in the world, with only Yuna as her equal. But she carries SO MUCH pressure on her shoulders, and she really lets the nerves affect her when it comes to the jumps. But guuuuuuuuuuurl when those jumps are done, she's terrific. What a shame. I wish figure skating hadn't become such a sport -- it was fine in 2010ish, when it was an equal combination of sport-artistry. Now it's all sport and no artistry, and that's not the right system for Mao, because she's exceptionally artistic!
Having said that, at the present rate of inflation, her PCS should have definitely been around the high-33 to mid-34 mark. 32.60 was a bit ridiculous.

bourque80132 minutes ago
+Michael Panayi
You have read my mind sir....Gold scoring 3 points higher then Mao on PCS Is proof that the Figure Skating Judging Is still spectacularly corrupt In my opinion....I wish that I was sent back to 2010 too....I think that figure skating was better then....but I would like to see the Judging scores go back to the old 6.0 system....It made a whole lot more sense to me, this new system stinks in my opinion!!!!

Bnizzofashizzo6 hours ago
She looked REALLY nervous before the music began. Her practices have been mostly good. I think that in terms of mental toughness she's not quite fully baked. The rest is like out of this world compared to the rest.

All I'm saying is, I'm very glad that we are NOT the only ones. I'm sorry for sounding so firm and sarcastic, but my frustration is so high regarding her PCS that I would love to gather all these comments and criticism, compile them, and send them to someone who can take major action. However, I'm just scared that it's just fans commenting but not someone who truly knows figure skating, like a coach. I know they have some breakdowns regarding the PCS, but I'm not knowledgeable enough, unfortunately.

In addition, can someone be Mao's personal mental consultant or something? Isn't there someone who can help her mentally so she won't be affected by the pressure? I wish Mai would say something. I remember Mai stating in an interview that after the SP of the 2014 Olympics, she knew people would sympathize with Mao. Instead, she took a different approach. She was firm with Mao or something along those lines. Rather than giving feeling sorry for Mao, she tells her that she can do better than that. It's tough love, but Mao became a different person during the FS. I'm just saying; isn't anyone helping Mao mentally?!
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 am

Almost as absurd as Mao's 7th place in PCS is Mao being tied for 3rd place for her marvelous and magnetic step sequence, the only truly professional dancer in the competition with the best skating skills, which is almost exactly the same deflated result she got for her incredible step sequence at Sochi. It's obvious that her scores are being deflated now and that they have been for a long time. It is based on empirically manipulated precedent.

More details on travesty in scoring. Gracie's PCS is almost 3.5 points higher in the SP than Mao's and even 1/10 of a point higher in PCS than Mao got for her record setting Nocturne performance at Worlds in 2014. Another absurdity, this is the second competition in a row after the Grand Prix Final in which  Gracie Gold has gotten a higher score in the step sequence than Mao, even though Mao is the best dancer in the competition with the best skating skills. Gracie did land her jumps well, except for the lip which magically got positive GOE, but her artistry does not compare to Mao's. The outrage over Gracie's score is widespread on the internet. Evgenia's scores have also been criticized quite a bit, but Mao's PCS scores are deflated compared to the whole last group and Ashley: a fraudulent precedent that was set in the Grand Prix Final LP.  

I think this hostile scoring environment combined with Mao competing in poor physical condition much of the season are two reasons for Mao's difficulty in her mental game. I agree, Mao_Asada Sunrise, I think Mao needs a change to snap out of it.    

. I am a bit heartbroken for Mao because her great jumps in practice have not translated as well into competition. Her SP in Worlds practice that I posted was just as spectacular as her Nocturne at Worlds 2014. I am so thankful for Mao coming back so that I could see this highly fabulous performance full of charm, artistry, athleticism and so much genuine emotion.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3QDAhYhoQo&feature=youtu.be

I agree Mao Asada Sunrise. I think Mao needs to find a support coach or advisor that helps get the right mindset. Maybe she needs a female support coach to hold her hands and psyche her up a bit before she goes out on the ice. I actually wish Mao's sister, Mai. could go down to the coach's box and give her tough love pep talks before she skates like you mentioned she did, Mao_Asada Sunrise, before her Sochi LP. Iheard that Mao's mother gave Mao the same kind of encouragement like when Mao singled the backend on a 3 / 3 at her first Worlds in 2007. Mao went on to give an incredibly moving and great freeskate and broke a world record in the LP. I know Mao has said that stress has gotten to her more and more as she has gotten older and it maybe it would make a difference. I just want to see Mao happy and satisfied with her performances and maybe this would help her do it.

Last edited by WowMao on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:14 am

It was reported that according to Mr. Sato, Mao was not able to do enough practice
since she felt uncomfortable in her left knee.
We don't know she is alright now or not ...

Here are really good photos by Saya@Boston Many Hearts
2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9ais11

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9aiw10

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9boa12

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9cg111
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
It was reported that according to Mr. Sato, Mao was not able to do enough practice
since she felt uncomfortable in her left knee.
We don't know it's alright now or not ...

Many Hearts
2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9cg110

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9ais10

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9boa10

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Ce9boa11
by Saya@Boston

Thanks for the information and pictures, silenceisgolden, though I am sorry to hear that Mao was injured. I hope she gets better and skates great tomorrow. I thought everyone might want to know how others had scored the SP since there is a widespread view that the scores were manipulated as evidenced by posts on youtube and goldenskate with Mao being one of the main ones underscored and Gracie being the main one overscored. It gives an idea of how deflated knowledgeable posters believe Mao's scores to be and how inflated people believe Gracie's scores to be. If this kind of scoring continues, the legitimacy of scores will lose most if not all of their credibility. For many, like me, they already has.

Very unimpressed by the home-cooking for Gracie. That program was not worthy of a 35.92 PCS. Not even close.

poster: taltaltel

I scored the top 11 and had:
1. Ashley Wagner 73.44
2. Satoko Miyahara 72.95
3. Anna Pogorilaya 72.90
4. Evgenia Medvedeva 71.50
5. Rika Hongo 70.64
6. Gracie Gold 70.06
7. Elena Radionova 69.96
8. Mao Asada 69.76
9. Li Zijun 69.38
10. Gabrielle Daleman 67.28
11. Mirai Nagasu 66.28
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:31 am

This photo from the beginning pose of Mao's SP is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen of Mao. So glamorous! Come on Mao, just go out and do your jumps in your LP like you have so many times in practice and in warmup.

http://postimg.org/image/oo5nh1ep3/
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 4:53 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
cheers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDs9V1BKEI4/

https://twitter.com/TelmoFe/status/716281494310928385

cheers Dance WOW! 3A is stunning.
Now all she needs to do, is bring it in the LP. Come on Mao, don't worry just go for it.
I hope so much she'll have a clean LP.

I agree with you guys, I also think Mao would benefit greatly from having a sport psychologist, sadly, I don't think this will ever happen. No It's a shame, because IMO, the nerves are really holding her back. She gets all tense and slows down (at least it looks like that to me, watching on TV) and starts ur'ing or worse. She's very often had amazing official practices with almost perfect run throughs, only to mess up in competition. Depressed Crying

As for scores at this farce called world championships, this is my reaction: LMAO confused scratch Evil or Very Mad Whirly Disappointed Rolling Eyes Commentator Bribe
32 in PCS= RIDICULOUS. I'm ok with the tes, she messed up there, but pcs...whatever. As I've said it's not worth the anger. This BS is never going to change. No
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Go Mao, yeah zarina i just watched the practice clips and my mouth almost dropped because of how powerful, solid and impressive her jumps are, i really hope Mao can relax a bit, and do it like she always does in practice
Back to top Go down
Samurai Mao

Samurai Mao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:32 pm

What an exquisite display of artistry. Again, she brought me to tears.
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:08 pm

She fought through, and gave the best possible performance given the scenario.
Not quite as emotional as the Nats, or as technically perfect as the JO, but in between both.

I think it took 3 tries in the warm up to land the axel.
https://twitter.com/2014kanida/status/716433059495731200

In many ways, it is like the Sochi LP, how she couldn't land the jump in practice, but managed it miraculously moments later in the competition.
The 3A was downgraded immediately, which I'm sure is not by the same standard as the skaters in the later group will be judged.
I think the 3-3 combo might have made it past the brutal TC.

It doesn't really matter what the score is, because even if she had done the JO LP here, even if it added a 3-3 and 8 triples total, it would still somehow not be enough - even with a clean short program.
This seems to be one of those "closed competitions" that is impossible for all but a few to win.
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Is that a world record? Really? It was good, but not better than Mao's Japan Open long program.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:36 pm

BelieveInMaoself wrote:
Is that a world record? Really? It was good, but not better than Mao's Japan Open long program.

Not even better then what Mao delievered today, Mao was sooo robbed
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:37 pm

BelieveInMaoself wrote:
She fought through, and gave the best possible performance given the scenario.
Not quite as emotional as the Nats, or as technically perfect as the JO, but in between both.

I think it took 3 tries in the warm up to land the axel.
https://twitter.com/2014kanida/status/716433059495731200

In many ways, it is like the Sochi LP, how she couldn't land the jump in practice, but managed it miraculously moments later in the competition.
The 3A was downgraded immediately, which I'm sure is not by the same standard as the skaters in the later group will be judged.
I think the 3-3 combo might have made it past the brutal TC.

It doesn't really matter what the score is, because even if she had done the JO LP here, even if it added a 3-3 and 8 triples total, it would still somehow not be enough - even with a clean short program.
This seems to be one of those "closed competitions" that is impossible for all but a few to win.

THIS, is how i'm feeling too, it's like the winners and medal were already decided beforehand
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:29 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
it's like the winners and medal were already decided beforehand

Think about this: Mao basically got the same score as her Worlds debut 9 years ago, for about the same level of performance.
There seems to be two standards here: The "old" one, which a triple axel is mandatory to reach 133-134, and a "new" standard, which 140s with mistakes and no triple axel is possible.
Mao is scored by a 9 year old standard, whereas all the other's scoring has moved on to some kind of new standard.

On a lighter note.

She is one of the most adorable personalities ever:

https://twitter.com/TV4Sport/status/716447764180115456

She never really outgrew her childhood innocence.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:37 pm

I just finished watching the FS. What was funny was that as soon as I turned on the TV, Mao was in the Kiss and Cry. I can't believe I missed her skate!

1) I cannot believe that Mao's PCS is not the highest of the night! COME ON; she was the most graceful of all the skaters of the night, full of finesse and maturity! I know I'm not the only one complaining. Someone on Twitter complained, too! Let's just go back to the old point system. The new system is taking the fun out of skating. It affected Michelle Kwan, one of the greatest skaters in history, so doesn't that say something?!

2) I know Mao is 25, turning 26, but is it possible that she can still improve on her TES? Is it too much to ask? I was looking at the breakdown, and her TES is the one holding her back. I feel like Mao never had a solid foundation in terms of her jump technique, unlike Kim Yu-na.

3) I wish someone would tell Mao personally that she needs help in terms of her mentality for competition. Maybe Mai gave her a talk yesterday.

Finally, her performance:

BONUS: She is so cute speaking English! She even consulted Mirai!

https://twitter.com/TV4Sport/status/716447764180115456
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Mao's great depth of emotion and expression, pouring her soul out for the whole world to see, her supreme skating skills. Simply heavenly! Out this world transcendence! Like an angel descended from the Heavens. I don't have words. I am struck dumb! The true spirit and essence of figure skating. Her sharp edges carved through every frame cutting a great wake that rolled into a massive wave of emotion. Thank you Mao from the bottom of my heart for coming back! And for giving us that bright, beaming smile! In the court of public opinion, I am confident you won the night. A huge standing ovation! As Tarasova said, it was like a second Sochi LP.

Last edited by WowMao on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I feel like Mao never had a solid foundation in terms of her jump technique, unlike Kim Yu-na.

Don't fall for the propaganda. There is NOTHING wrong with Mao's rebuilt jumps, they are the best in history. Yuna Kim was simply given a lot of free passes.

Do you think Ashley Wagner is a better jumper? She placed higher in the FS so it must be true, right?

Mao is scored by a different standard than the other skaters. (See my above post.)
If you don't believe me, compare her jumps with Satoko's, and the bizarre difference in marks and technical standards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2016 World Figure Skating Championships
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next