Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 World Figure Skating Championships

Go down 
+7
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Samurai Mao
zarinaballerina
ronniev
sapphiresky
silenceisgolden
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:01 am

Wow, has Zhenya posted a new WR? I hope not, she's not there yet and doesn't deserve it, IMO.
LOL at Ashley's PCS. At least she's not in 1st place. 142 with two < and ! Laugh Rolling Eyes
I'm so happy for Ana! And I can't stop laughing at Mao's score. As I've said, whatever...
BelieveInMaoself wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I feel like Mao never had a solid foundation in terms of her jump technique, unlike Kim Yu-na.

Don't fall for the propaganda. There is NOTHING wrong with Mao's rebuilt jumps, they are the best in history. Yuna Kim was simply given a lot of free passes.

Do you think Ashley Wagner is a better jumper? She placed higher in the FS so it must be true, right?

Mao is scored by a different standard than the other skaters. (See my above post.)
If you don't believe me, compare her jumps with Satoko's, and the bizarre difference in marks and technical standards.
THIS. While Yuna's jumps were bigger than Mao's, this whole "perfect jump technique" was nothing but a propaganda as BelieveInMaoself has already said. There were numerous UR's in Yuna's jumps that were never called, and she's been ALWAYS given the benefit of the doubt on border line landings, unlike Mao. The one time the tech controler dared to judge her correctly and has given her ! on her flip edge...holy cow at the sh#t storm. Rolling Eyes Her fans went mental and Yuna's camp refused to accept that maybe there actually might be something wrong with her flip. Nope, according to everyone, the poor queen was being bullied by the evil judges and japan fed, because she's not from a strong and powerful federation, while Mao is. Commentator In fact, it's the exact oposite. The one being "bullied" and robbed all the time is Mao. This is why I have mixed feelings about her returning. I love her skating and I'm so happy she's back, but on the other hand, seing the same BS treatment she's been getting almost her whole carreer, I honestly don't know how she does it. I have so much respect for her.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:37 am

BelieveInMaoself and zarinaballerina,

Well, nothing is perfect, so there is always room for improvement. I'm simply wondering whether or not Mao still has a chance to improve her jumps. At her age, surprisingly, her body has been well to her, despite a few setbacks in the past few years.

Also, if that is the case regarding propaganda, etc., then why hasn't anyone brought this up with ISU? I remember that time when the rules changed for SP; instead of a mandatory double axel, it can be triple or double axel. I heard that Mao was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, reason for this rule change that was supported by the Japanese Federation.

I am just saying that there's got to be an influential person who can drastically change any unfairness going around in the scoring. I would do something if I could, but I know I am not the right person. I don't know enough about figure skating, and I don't have any connections with anyone within the figure skating world. This isn't high school when, if I was president of Student Council or maybe even a popular kid, I can significantly affect any decisions surrounding my class.

It's time for a change then, if what you guys say about other skaters not receiving the underrotation call like they should, etc. is true. (I always use the word 'if' since I am not a skater, so I don't want to sound too certain of myself.) We can't just sit and complain.

Sadly, I'm afraid it's too late. Mao is already 25. Who knows when she'll retire? I'll be sad the day that she retires, but I want this to happen before she does. Mao deserves it.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:21 am

BelieveInMaoself wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I feel like Mao never had a solid foundation in terms of her jump technique, unlike Kim Yu-na.

Don't fall for the propaganda. There is NOTHING wrong with Mao's rebuilt jumps, they are the best in history. Yuna Kim was simply given a lot of free passes.

Do you think Ashley Wagner is a better jumper? She placed higher in the FS so it must be true, right?

Mao is scored by a different standard than the other skaters. (See my above post.)
If you don't believe me, compare her jumps with Satoko's, and the bizarre difference in marks and technical standards.

like why does Mao's scores look sooo fishy, they deflated her tech scores to the max by deliberatly giving her three calls on her biggest combos, and they looked fine to me, in fact more then fine her 2a-3t was huge and so was her 3f-3lo, and the goe she recived along with the pcs was sooo ridiculous Very Mad it really seems like they just didn't want her on the podium at all cost:disappointed:

I still can't believe she didn't medal after the performance she delievered like wtf
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:29 am

From Jpn news:
http://digital.asahi.com/articles/ASJ430S85J42UTQP030.html?rm=215

Re. Mao's left knee injury: It got worse starting from the beginning of the year. Coach Sato suggested: '(You're) no longer young, please take some rest.' This is actually the main reason she had to skip 4CC. She left the ice and only returned to training on ice starting in March. She re-started the practice with the same goal as at the beginning of the season. But according to Coach Sato, even when returning, she could only train for about 60% of the full amount of training when she's at her top form from the past. So the goal of training prior to WC was to pursue for high quality performance and complete program. Coach Sato also thinks Mao has grown up a little and turns to be like an adult.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:55 am

Thanks so much for the information CONK.

More information. Thanks to hurrah for the translation.
In terms of the short program on the 31st, Mao said, "I could not give a performance as I wished such as making jump mistakes. 'My usual pattern would have been to feel depressed, thinking, "what am I doing?", but I was able to feel differently' and have a positive attitude. I was able to switch my feelings to 'just believe in myself' and went for it in the free.

It was her return season after a one-year break. When asked if she was glad she had returned, she said, smiling, 'I only have few more years left where I can compete. Had I not returned, I think I would have felt regret. I received the support of many people. This made me feel glad.' When asked about next season's plans, she answered neutrally that 'nothing has been decided', but expressed great desire by saying 'I would like to take this experience into the future.'

Last edited by WowMao on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 9:53 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
BelieveInMaoself and zarinaballerina,

Well, nothing is perfect, so there is always room for improvement. I'm simply wondering whether or not Mao still has a chance to improve her jumps. At her age, surprisingly, her body has been well to her, despite a few setbacks in the past few years.

Also, if that is the case regarding propaganda, etc., then why hasn't anyone brought this up with ISU? I remember that time when the rules changed for SP; instead of a mandatory double axel, it can be triple or double axel. I heard that Mao was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, reason for this rule change that was supported by the Japanese Federation.

I am just saying that there's got to be an influential person who can drastically change any unfairness going around in the scoring. I would do something if I could, but I know I am not the right person. I don't know enough about figure skating, and I don't have any connections with anyone within the figure skating world. This isn't high school when, if I was president of Student Council or maybe even a popular kid, I can significantly affect any decisions surrounding my class.

It's time for a change then, if what you guys say about other skaters not receiving the underrotation call like they should, etc. is true. (I always use the word 'if' since I am not a skater, so I don't want to sound too certain of myself.) We can't just sit and complain.

Sadly, I'm afraid it's too late. Mao is already 25. Who knows when she'll retire? I'll be sad the day that she retires, but I want this to happen before she does. Mao deserves it.

After Sochi, I wrote a long letter to the Japan Skating Federation, but now after I think they are in on it and do the bidding of the ISU. But, Mao has already won by a wide margin in the court of public opinion with a lot more people backing her up than a 9 member rigged judging crew locked in a backroom to make shady fixes.  

Here are the most viewed videos for the ones who were given higher scores than Mao. Again, I am not trying to criticize the other skaters efforts. I think anyone who does what they do deserves respect for their talent and effort, but Mao's performance is better than all of them. This is directed at the inverted nature of the judging.  

Mao's most watched video has about 81,082  views with 997 likes and 75 dislikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHt8fsEwG4&feature=youtu.be&t=1

Most viewed video by some skaters in the LP on youtube:

Mao Asada 187, 191 views
1,452 likes and 99 dislikes

Evgenia Medvedeva- 79, 862 views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-ikEpLIYw
575 likes and 120 dislikes

Anna Pogorilaya (who was scored more fairly than the others but still much more generously than Mao)
44, 274 views

326 likes and 33 dislikes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAxActZmnc

Ashley Wagner - 34, 932 views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gouttBMz-UM
257 likes and 49 dislikes

Satoko Miyahara - 28,730 views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-OKJr6CqTI

122 likes and 22 dislikes

Last edited by WowMao on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 10:45 am

WowMao wrote:
This scoring was even worse than at Sochi in my opinion.

In terms of the number of skaters, unbelievably yes. In Boston, SIX people were inflated above Mao.
It boggles the mind that a performance which many called "the highight" was placed 7th in the freeskate.
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 2:22 pm

One of the classiest costumes ever!

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Giphy
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Here is Mao performing in the Worlds gala with her gorgeous new outfit for Puttin on the Ritz. The dance moves, skating skills and fan spiral are priceless. Like an explosion of charm that never stops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEFvrzZaFq0
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 10:58 pm

WowMao wrote:
After Sochi, I wrote a long letter to the Japan Skating Federation, but now after I think they are in on it and do the bidding of the ISU. But, Mao has already won by a wide margin in the court of public opinion with a lot more people backing her up than a 9 member rigged judging crew locked in a backroom to make shady fixes.

Why would they be in on it, too? That's great that you wrote a letter! Still, I really wish someone with more influence did something. It's like Warren Buffet affecting Wall Street. It's not really her TES I'm bothered with because I don't know enough about figure skating technique to judge, but I am most definitely bothered by the PCS. It's obvious how Mao beautifully skated that night. Her gracefulness on the ice is unparalleled. It's because of the PCS, the fact that other skaters are scored higher than Mao, makes me realize that something is odd about the scoring system. If not for the PCS, I wouldn't be as bothered.

Also, can anyone answer my question about whether or not Mao can still improve on her jumps, despite her age? Is it possible?

On the side note, I can't believe I'm a Dedicated Mao Fan now. After almost 6 years!  Cloud 9  Cloud 9  Cloud 9  Finally! This is for you Mao! This is how much I admire you! (I wish she could read this! LOL! Sorry. I'm just really happy that I want to scream this out loud!)
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 1:23 am

Mao's freeskate generated a significant reaction on Twitter, like Sochi but on a smaller scale.

Here are some of the best tweets, out of hundreds:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SzWHZAkJEiw/VwIRFQVf1DI/AAAAAAAAAcA/beptfnrIRO4k_ChtNv8dinW6JZrPGSO0g/s10000/_.png

Some were moved to tears, and plenty were outraged at the scoring.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 3:55 am

Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:13 pm

I case someone haven't seen, Mao's free skate with TAT's commentary (subtitled) -

Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:57 pm

My impression once again . Mao's Madame Butterfly was full of transcendent and heart rending beauty; every line, gesture, extension and movement meticulously crafted with consummate balletic grace as her blades carved a plaintive wake that painted a compelling portrait of melancholy and expectation, mounting to a stunning emotional climax as she surrendered to her fate with the spread eagle. The triple axel, triple flip and loop and the passionate triple flip double loop double loops with a tano were dazzling and unique, her lyrical flow crescendoed to match the tempo and mood of the music beautifully with no extraneous rocking, jerking or hunching of the shoulders to build speed.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 6:58 am

My favorite expressions from Mao at the end of her magnificent Madame Butterfly. Mao's performance has the most consummate maturity, but she is still so young and genuine at heart. I am all tears and chills when watching it. The greatest ballerina ever to grace the ice.

http://postimg.org/image/9yszptma9/

http://postimg.org/image/vaoom86xx/

A much better guide for the value of Mao's performance than the absurdly deflated 7th place given by the judges is this. In terms of most watched videos, Mao's Madame Butterfly has more than twice as many views as any other performance in the women's competition with the highest likes to dislikes ratio. I believe this empirical evidence from the public obviously shows that either the scoring system, the way it is applied or both is not properly valuing great performances like Mao's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHt8fsEwG4

I love Mao's comments after her performance. She said that she skated very well and that she was very happy and that she really didn't care about scores. I believe that Mao's continuously deflated scoring has resulted in her skating more to satisfy her own ideal of a performance; and as the big response on youtube shows, when Mao is satisfied, so is the world, no matter what a handful of judges say.

Some news I got from translations. Mao visited the Boston Museum of Fine Art after finishing Worlds. Besides loving art, she says she hopes to get inspiration from her visit. It sounds like she will continue next season. She says that she wants to develop the acting during her performances even more and improve her jumps for next season.

Thanks to cohkaix for confirming that Mao will continue to skate next season. They said that Mao's goal is to win and to work on jump technique. They also said that Mao would begin to work on choreography in May.

The full post can be found at: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-mao-cheer-thread-2-her-beauty-is-her-biggest-weapon.95911/page-26 number 755
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 4:08 pm

BelieveInMaoself wrote:
One of the classiest costumes ever!

2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Giphy

Forget the costume, take notice of how she makes a circle while holding that beautiful spiral position soo solidly, now that's what I call perfect control of the edge along with perfect balance and flexibility

Watching Mao makes me once again realize what makes this sport special and beautiful, her amazing technical skills and uniq artistry and style, is sooo fascinating to watch
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 12:59 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Forget the costume, take notice of how she makes a circle while holding that beautiful spiral position soo solidly, now that's what I call perfect control of the edge along with perfect balance and flexibility

Only a ballerina could hit such a dazzling position, and only the strength of a triple axel jumper could hold it so steady.
Motionless, as if only the background is moving and she is standing still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 World Figure Skating Championships   2016 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2016 World Figure Skating Championships
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3