Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America

Go down 
+25
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
polosatik
bekalc
illani
inskate
tianrushui
chiyori
summervie
Aibhlin
josling
Mirai
dlnnyc
MaoMaoRevolution
Liffey
roma
coolmeia
Batsuchan
chapis
☆Genie
ddmm
bibi
clovera
chineseteacup
Star85
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Skate America - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 pm

UGH!
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:21 am

No surprises here about Yu-Na Neutral I heard Julia did well for the SP again! cheers
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:27 am

76.28!!!

I wonder if she could be aiming for 80.00+ come the Olympics.

Here's a short interview with Yu-Na after her SP. Her English is so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlWJLciNV0
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:04 am

Have read that Yuna was having problems with her 3F in tweeter tweets last night but I know it wouldn't affect her scores or performance. 76.28? Looks like she nailed it after all. Smile So it's Yuna, Rachael and Julia in the lead after the short but there's an 18pt difference between 1st and 2nd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:29 am

Can someone say how Sarah Hecken did !?
I don't like her at all but maybe she goes to the Olympics instead of Annette Dytrt. Neutral

My feelings toward Yuna are just WOW! and scratch
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:09 am

chineseteacup wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlWJLciNV0

Thank you!! Awww!! That was so cute..."The audience was so nice."
Her English is amazing! Smile
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:25 am

I was in the arena last night, and Yuna deserved every last point she earned. There really are not enough superlatives to describe how great that skate was. As much as I love her, sometimes when I've watched her performances on TV I've been a little scratch about her scores, but that performance was absolutely magical. I was sitting in a section with very few Korean fans (shocking, I know! Razz ) and most of them were just Neutral about Yuna before she skated. At the end of her performance, everyone's jaws dropped and people were just screaming for her and saying "wow" over and over again. She made a LOT of new America, Canadian, and European fans yesterday.

I will say though that she looked EXTREMELY nervous before her skate- During the warm up she missed the 3F again, and then she went back and landed 3 or 4 of them. When you're performing, there's only one chance to get it right, and I was preparing myself for her to miss it. But when she began skating her SP, I knew she was going to have a great performance. She was in complete command of the ice.

If there's one thing that Yuna has over every single ladies skater in the world right now, it isn't the jumps, the choreography, and definitely not the spins and spirals Hell, no!. It's confidence. Even though she was nervous beforehand, as soon as that music came on, she came alive and left her fears behind her. If other ladies skaters could do the same, we'd be seeing a much more competitive ladies field right now. I guess skating really is a competition of nerves and mental strength, and Yuna is winning that by a mile right now.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:24 am

I agree with you Liffey that Yuna has 'confidence', I think that's the only thing Mao needs to gain right now.
Yuna deserves first place at today's short, The only thing I don't understand is why her technical score is higher than Plushenko ??

Plushenko at COR→ 43.80
KIM→44.00
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:35 am

Quote :
I was in the arena last night, and Yuna deserved every last point she earned. There really are not enough superlatives to describe how great that skate was. As much as I love her, sometimes when I've watched her performances on TV I've been a little about her scores, but that performance was absolutely magical. I was sitting in a section with very few Korean fans (shocking, I know! ) and most of them were just about Yuna before she skated. At the end of her performance, everyone's jaws dropped and people were just screaming for her and saying "wow" over and over again. She made a LOT of new America, Canadian, and European fans yesterday

You know, you took the words right out of my mouth because that's exactly how I felt like when I watched her at TEB. I think one really has to see her live to understand all the hype surrounding her. She truly is something else.
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:36 am

ddmm wrote:
I agree with you Liffey that Yuna has 'confidence', I think that's the only thing Mao needs to gain right now.
Yuna deserves first place at today's short, The only thing I don't understand is why her technical score is higher than Plushenko ??

Plushenko at COR→ 43.80
KIM→44.00
It's just the question of money, you see. cat
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 am

Liffey wrote:

If there's one thing that Yuna has over every single ladies skater in the world right now, it isn't the jumps, the choreography, and definitely not the spins and spirals Hell, no!. It's confidence. Even though she was nervous beforehand, as soon as that music came on, she came alive and left her fears behind her. If other ladies skaters could do the same, we'd be seeing a much more competitive ladies field right now. I guess skating really is a competition of nerves and mental strength, and Yuna is winning that by a mile right now.

I totally agree with this. This is what I see from her when she steps onto the ice to perform her competitive programs.

I wanna see Mao with her confidence back in full force the next time she takes the ice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:35 am

roma wrote:
Liffey wrote:

I totally agree with this. This is what I see from her when she steps onto the ice to perform her competitive programs.

I wanna see Mao with her confidence back in full force the next time she takes the ice.

I totally agree with you guys on this too. After mao went to train under Tatiana, I noticed that there is no confident before she taking the ice. Every time mao taking the ice, she remind me of Sasha face in the lp at the Olympic. The face of doubt and worry. You can sense that she will have the trouble and make mistake. I don't know where the old mao go. The mao with joy, fun and confident before the ice. I miss that mao and I hope to see that mao at the Olympic game.
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:52 am

summervie wrote:
ddmm wrote:

Plushenko at COR→ 43.80
KIM→44.00
It's just the question of money, you see. cat

that's what I don't understand about this system. Where do she get that huge mark when she didn't have the quad and 3A like men does. Weird.
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Oh no. The ladies FS is starting now but the 4 skaters have disaster performance. It's the Olympic year, but the skater perform so poor. It is so depression to watch.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:17 pm

coolmeia wrote:
Oh no. The ladies FS is starting now but the 4 skaters have disaster performance. It's the Olympic year, but the skater perform so poor. It is so depression to watch.

I have to say, this is pretty sad. I definitely applaud the skaters for all trying, but no one is really living up to their potential at all Disappointed
Yu-Na is great, but no one is giving her a run for her money. She'll probably break another world record or something. I have to wonder...is it really the same feeling to compete when there is no competition at an event?
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh... dear me... Yu-Na scored 111.70 in the FS. Was someone watching live? What happened to her? She won overall but I think this is the lowest score of her senior career...
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:00 pm

chiyori wrote:
Oh... dear me... Yu-Na scored 111.70 in the FS. Was someone watching live? What happened to her? She won overall but I think this is the lowest score of her senior career...

I'm in shock to see yuna falter too. But this is good though! It prove to other people that yuna is great but she is not invincible like other people always say. For me, I think no one is unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:07 pm

coolmeia wrote:
chiyori wrote:

I'm in shock to see yuna falter too. But this is good though! It prove to other people that yuna is great but she is not invincible like other people always say. For me, I think no one is unbeatable.

I agree. The scores are up:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa09/index.htm

Seems she underotated a few jumps... I didn't think that was possible! She always looks so sharp on her landings.
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 pm

From the judge score sheet. She only accomplish 2 triple jumps. 111 points are too high but she is always overscores as we already know.

Well yuna jump always look cheated on the landing but the judge say it is within 1/4 allow cheated so she got full credit for it.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Flatt's 33 is ratified. But she has one spin sequence not calculated......
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:29 pm

chiyori wrote:

i watched it live. i was in shock. during the warmup her last jump was the flip and she fell. the crowd gasped. when she took the ice she had a look of worry and seemed tight... i could tell. 3/3 was not good. 3L she rushed and 3L was underrotated. she looked shocked... then lost speed throughout.. v. tentative. then fell on the flip. she smiled though but she looked so upset.

she is human afterall.

WOW... a shocker. scott and sandra said to come out after rachel's standing ovation prob made her nervous because usually she is the one getting the ovations.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:39 pm

dlnnyc wrote:
chiyori wrote:

i watched it live. i was in shock. during the warmup her last jump was the flip and she fell. the crowd gasped. when she took the ice she had a look of worry and seemed tight... i could tell. 3/3 was not good. 3L she rushed and 3L was underrotated. she looked shocked... then lost speed throughout.. v. tentative. then fell on the flip. she smiled though but she looked so upset.

she is human afterall.

WOW... a shocker. scott and sandra said to come out after rachel's standing ovation prob made her nervous because usually she is the one getting the ovations.

lol for Sandra and Scott... I'm pretty sure Yu-Na was far more shaken by the rocky end of her warm-up than by the fact that Rachel got a standing ovation for a great performance on home ice. Skating last probably didn't help because she had all this time to ponder and worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Ok, scratch what I said about confidence! Hell, no!

I watched this live in the arena, and I can only imagine this is what Polosatik felt like watching Mao in Russia. pale Yuna was a mess. An absolute mess. It's not even that she skated poorly, it's that the whole program wasn't there. There were hardly any smiles, and she looked so slow and tentative. Furthermore, in the warm-up, she looked SO nervous.

Before she skated, I figured there was a good chance she would miss her flip because she had been so inconsistent with it in the practices since yesterday. But when she made the mistake on her combo which she NEVER makes, I knew something was horribly wrong. I guy behind me even said, "I have a really bad feeling about this." Everyone in his row and my row said, "Yep." Then she fell on her flip. Being there, you could just feel it. Such a terrible feeling of tension.

I hope she can shake this off and get back to old Yuna, but if she was rattled by the standing ovation from someone who she knew couldn't catch up to her, that's a problem. She needs to be able to skate when others are doing poorly or doing well.

Anyways, I'm going to head back to the arena for the medal ceremony. Just a big shock today. Snow
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:45 pm

chiyori wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
chiyori wrote:

she is human afterall.

lol for Sandra and Scott... I'm pretty sure Yu-Na was far more shaken by the rocky end of her warm-up than by the fact that Rachel got a standing ovation for a great performance on home ice. Skating last probably didn't help because she had all this time to ponder and worry about it.

I think it was a combination of both. Rachel was fabulous, and people were standing for her for a really long time. It is hard to skate after a great performance, even if you are Yuna Kim. Yuna was also fussing with her skate before her LP (not sure if that was on TV). She tied it, untied it, and then tied it again while on the ice, and kept skating around on that one skate. It seemed to be ok at the end of her warm up, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Wow, that was a surprising competition! WOW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate America   Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next