Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter Olympics 2010

Go down 
+65
Haidogirl
Yunamao
noir
sarah
bekalc
sunnygirl
sweetstuff
Mia
kawaiimao
Yumei
F.
coolmeia
coolmint09
iceskatingfan
Olive
dangerous_angel_face
mitsuno
jeanettetan
jkblues
will_power
SoMiTripleAxel
MissAero
cera
mingming
chiyori
summervie
Maya
ccc
angel120
MaoMaoRevolution
Artistry
Oscilla
chapis
Liffey
sumin
dlnnyc
illani
bibi
Batsuchan
kirakira
bellarina
kaarolcia
MikiAndoFan#1
maowataiyo
clovera
mika
supportmaoasada
Star85
snowdrops24
goldmao
tianrushui
BowbowDaijin
sapphiresky
roma
ddmm
sofia
cherriee
jirachiness
chineseteacup
coconut
aoi88
polosatik
☆Genie
gagul_love
alyssa
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:21 am

Wow,Lu Chen said that Yuna's score is inflated and Mao's score should be higher. She is a guest in a show. When the host asked her if Yuna has better presentation, she said that they are two different styles. Wow, this makes my day. I hope someone recored this and I could get the video clip.
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 am

ok, I really felt like having to post something too that's why i signed up to this site too Very Happy
Because of Mao I really started watching figure skating (since she won at the worlds two years ago) and now I feel like having to support her...
I watched her short program today (I stood up at 01:00 before school started - I'm from Germany - and watched it until 06:00 in the morning to see everything live and to cheer for mao!!! Cheering ) I am so happy for her because she did really really great Many Hearts I felt so relieved when i saw her gorgeous performance. I was so thrilled!!! I have to admit, that I never liked her Masquerade program...well..it was more the music I didn't like that much...but today she presented it in a way that made me loooove it so much Daisies for you I think everyone agrees on the fact that Yu Na Kim got ways to much credits for her program...Yes she's an awsome skater! Yes she's an entertainer and sexy and knows how to show off...and not to forget her constituency! She's definitely a great skater but all that talk, her being the best and to pretend as if there were no other skaters on this planet is really annoying....I don't think it's unfair that she's placed first at the moment but a gap of 5 points is too much and I don't agree with that!
BUT that's not what I originally wanted to say king
I just wanted to say that I think it's wrong to give up on Mao at that point because she can win this Smile (even though the judges are on Yu na's side) I love her LP! Bells is my favorite program of all the female figure skaters this year (maybe even of all times Razz ) I hope she can show it without making mistakes, to show the whole world how brilliant she is!!!!
Even if she doesn't win the olympics it would still be such a pleasure for me to see that beautiful program performed flawless and with all of Mao's charm and skills and Embarassed Cheering Many Hearts Wub
I am so looking forward to the LP...i am excited already!!!!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 am

I know making the podium is great and I'm trying to focus on that. But it's so hard to tolerate such an unfair system. I just hope Mao is acknowledged by all her effort and talent no matter the results.

And she can still win. Who knows what destiny has prepared for her? Thumbs up!

GO MAO!!!!! Cheering

PS: Any pictures of her new LP dress?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 am

I'm not gonna add on the scoring difference. For me, just seeing Mao skate like that, that smile and reaction at the end of her program and that shocked and happy look on her face when she got her score means so much more to me. Love Hearts

Am so excited for her FS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 am

roma wrote:
I'm not gonna add on the scoring difference. For me, just seeing Mao skate like that, that smile and reaction at the end of her program and that shocked and happy look on her face when she got her score means so much more to me. Love Hearts

Am so excited for her FS!

So am I!! cheers Me still feeling overjoyed for Mao.

coolmeia wrote:
Oh btw, has you guy also feel this or it's just me. I think that Mao is looking more beautiful tonight than before right! I don't know, I just feel so look so sparkles, her face, her skin, everything is so beautiful.

Yep! Thumbs up! Such a sweet smile during her spiral sequence. She just look radiant throughout the entire program, bursting with excitement and joy.

Like a Star @ heaven Thank you for the news, video links and photos, guys!! Love Hearts Here is an interview of Mao after her SP: http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/figure/news/20100224mog00m050034000c.html (in Japanese) Anyone who can translate tidbits for us? cheers

Like a Star @ heaven Thanks for sharing what Lu Chen thinks about Mao, tianrushui! flower I have always wanted to know how do the other Asians, particuarly skaters (aside from Koreans and Japanese) see Mao.

Mao's FS dress: can I possibly hope for one without a choker and lace? Razz

Like a Star @ heaven BTW, did someone mention that Mao teared up a bit when she says she's happy that she's 5 points behind Yuna instead of the usual 10? Awwww... BIG HUG MAO!!! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sofia

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:39 am

Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:41 am

I have had hardly any access to the computer within the last couple weeks Bawling So I am very out of the loop on here, and I'm not even going to try to catch up on everything... Sad

But I HAVE been watching the Olympics. So about last night:

I was SO SO SO proud of Mao! That was by far the best she's ever done that program. I was so happy she did everything clean, and did her best.

But then, much of the air was taken out from my happiness, and I'm sure you all know why. Although Maos score was high, I knew Yuna would score higher - and she did. And surprise, surprise, by a record score - AGAIN. IMO Mao's, Yuna's, and Joannie's scores should have all been much closer. The three of them had programs that were on a similar level of difficulty (scoring wise), and none of them could have really done them any better than they did. So what makes Yuna so damn special, and so much better than everyone else?! When everyone else is at their best?! It just kind of made me sick Disappointed In fact, I had bad dreams all last night about the LP.

I really think Mao and Joannie were robbed. And for that matter, I think Miki, Rachael, and Mirai were a bit underscored also. They were clearly not the frontrunners, but I don't think there should be such a wide seperation between them, and the top three.

Actually, I think the scoring in the SP in all the events has been funky so far, not just in the ladies. What's up with that?! So now, either Yuna will have to skate horrible, or Mao (or anyone else for that matter) will need a miracle to win. Five points is NOT easy to make up. It seems like the judges just had their minds already made up or something before the competition even began. Kind of like how they did with Shen, and Zhao. Not saying that Shen and Zhao didn't deserve to win, but come on. It was obvious that everyone was rooting for them - even the judges.

Just skate your heart out in the LP Mao! You can only do what you can do. And if you don't get the recognition you deserve, let me just put it this way: Those judges will have a special spot reserved for them in hell! ROTFLMAO Wow, did I just say that?! lol!

I don't know when I will be able to get on here again, but hopefully it won't be too long!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:48 am

this is Mai's interview, you can see her crying!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW97IvYz7eI

can anyone translate what did Mai said??
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 am

http://sports.cctv.com/20100225/100013.shtml
Lu Chen's comment on SP.
I am still buffering. I'll paraphrase what she said after I watch it
Back to top Go down
mika

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:54 am

Yay, Mao did it!! I knew you can, girl! Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 420949 Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 859414

snowdrops24 wrote:
Like a Star @ heaven Thank you for the news, video links and photos, guys!! Love Hearts Here is an interview of Mao after her SP: http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/figure/news/20100224mog00m050034000c.html (in Japanese) Anyone who can translate tidbits for us?

Just some excerpt from this interview. Sorry for being too lazy to translate all.

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_arrow Mao is really relieved and happy with her clean SP performance.

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_arrow During skating, her nervousness turned into joy of performing at the OG. (We could see it!)

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_arrow She's still confident, and believe in herself.

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_arrow She's still excited to be there, and really enjoys "Olympic life". It's full of fun and new experiences.
And she wants to join another OG again! Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 338429

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_arrow She sees her SP score and being runner-up by 5-point margin as a good step for FS. Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 238895

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_arrow Mao says she won't change her FS costume.

I saw that press conference on TV, and for a Japanese native speaker's eye, Mao's just polite and humble as usual, but definitely positive. I sense great vibes from her. I'm quite optimistic and my gut tells me Mao will show us super performance and gain what she really wants!Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 23732
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Star85 wrote:
Actually, I think the scoring in the SP in all the events has been funky so far, not just in the ladies.
It certainly feels that way, doesn't it? The judges clumped the top three away from the remaining skaters after the short program (or CD+OD in dance), and the only competitors to break that trend was P/T in pairs. Faint2 I'm personally *not* very pleased with the inflation-madness the ISU have decided to stir up this season as well. I'll just leave it at that. Laughing

As mika have translated above, the Mainichi article confirms that the costume change is only for the SP, so we should be seeing the familiar red-and-black dress for Bells. My wish for a gold+silver dress thus comes to a screeching halt. Razz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skate your heart out in the free skate Mao, as well as the laundry list of ladies I'm rooting for including Rachael, Mirai, Miki, Akiko, EleGed, Joannie, and CaroK!!

I'll leave further wuzrobbed comments on hold until after the FS. Who, me?

Star85 wrote:
And if you don't get the recognition you deserve, let me just put it this way: Those judges will have a special spot reserved for them in hell! ROTFLMAO Wow, did I just say that?! lol!

Hell, no!Hell, no!Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Star85 wrote:
Actually, I think the scoring in the SP in all the events has been funky so far, not just in the ladies.

Actually, I believe it's going to be a tendency for the future. They're going to give like crazy scores to call the attentions for the sport. Otherwise, will the media pay attention to FS if there's no one breaking records?

They should do like FIG does. Every 4 years, after the olympics, the rules are changed, so the athletes need to challenge themselves and this keeps the sport interesting.

Star85 wrote:
Just skate your heart out in the LP Mao! You can only do what you can do. And if you don't get the recognition you deserve, let me just put it this way: Those judges will have a special spot reserved for them in hell! ROTFLMAO

Amem! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I wonder how Lynn Rutherford got her wires crossed when she tweeted that Mao confirmed a new costume for her FS Sweatdrop

Thanks for the update guys! I really was worried about how Mao was feeling after seeing her interview and she seemed a bit drained? I'm really happy that Mao is fully taking in the Olympics Woot!
She's an amazing athlete & artist Yep! Don't hold anything back, Mao! Believe in yourself and all your hard work Cheering
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Are there any photos and reports from today's practice?
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:17 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Found this one right now. http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04qn1bx79FaKt/x610.jpg
so I guess it's now a matter of minutes when more photos pop up Smile
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 pm

From FSU, people said that Mao popped her first three 3A attempts but then successfully did 5 clean 3A in a row.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm

tianrushui wrote:
From FSU, people said that Mao popped her first three 3A attempts but then successfully did 5 clean 3A in a row.
What a fighter!!!!!!!!!!! cheers Drama!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Found this one right now. http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04qn1bx79FaKt/x610.jpg
so I guess it's now a matter of minutes when more photos pop up Smile
^ What beautiful extension, flexibility, and turnout she has. How that isn't rewarded more is beyond me.

Btw, someone I know from something else entirely (completely unrelated to skating, nor does she follow it except watching the Olympics) said to me on twitter: "Mao Asada is amazing! Executes everything so beautifully!" This is what I wanted- for her to win over people who've never seen her skate with her elegance, wonderful skating, and pure joy. Very Happy

I've done my ranting and raving about how the system is unfair, and I think it's extremely important to raise opinions and objections in an informed way like you all have been doing. Now that I've done that, I'm looking at the pictures of her smiling and watching her performance again and now I'm determined not to let ANYONE ruin this moment. Am I still upset about the point difference? Yes. Do I think people still should be making their criticisms of the judging and point system heard? Absolutely. But I've let it- and my anger/frustration at the system- completely overshadow the moment. I want to concentrate on this moment now- to see Mao shine in her short program at the Olympics (not to mention become the first woman to ever land a triple axel combination at the Olympics!) is incredibly gratifying. Hopefully she'll give an outstanding performance in the free and show everyone she's not just "Yu-Na Kim's rival" or a "two-trick pony", but that she's a fabulous overall skater and has the heart and spirit of a champion.
Back to top Go down
jirachiness
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

i hope that mao skates the skate of her life and let the chips fall into place, at least in the end she would be proud and loved.

I am just afraid of the yunabots who continue to insult mao-chan
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:54 pm

YAAYYYY!!! My Se_Ku skate leggings just like Mao's arrived in the mail today! Happy dance (Thanks to bibi for telling me the brand! Very Happy ) I'm taking this as a really good sign; I'm probably going to wear them when I watch tomorrow! Hell, no!

Thanks for all the awesome pics, kirakira! Very Happy

Thanks for everyone's comments too! Yep!

Ok, here's an article round-up:

1)
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/vancouver2010/news/100224/oai1002242241030-n1.htm

Coach Machiko said "It's not such a big point difference that she should give up." She also said, "Since Yu-Na Kim went to Vancouver, it seems she's had several unusual mistakes [ie in practice]. If Mao goes for it without giving up, she'll have a chance."

2)
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2010/02/25/01.html

According to this, Mao Daichi (whom our Mao-chan is named after) was watching Mao's performance on TV. She said, "'Mao' means advancing straight to the center," and she hopes Mao stands on the center of the podium.

Mao Daichi apparently knows that Mao was named after her, and she said, "In this Olympics, of course I'm most concerned about Mao-chan." She also said, "I received power. In the free program too, please aim for those stars that you believe in and shine on the ice."

flower

I have to run out, but I'll post the full translation of Mao's interview later! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:28 pm

It was also the first time I remember Mao speaking to the camera in the kiss n cry!! She said twice ''Aero, Tiara, Komachi'' ahah! So cute! And then she said a few time ''Sugoi!!'' to her coaches!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Thank you, kirakira!

Cheering

I didn't know Mai was in Vancouver! What a great sister she is!

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Someone told me Scott Hamilton said "There's nothing Mao Asada can do to beat Kim Yuna." Very Mad Is that true? Fortunately, I was able to watch another broadcast and was able to avoid NBC commentaries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Olympics 2010
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next