Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter Olympics 2010

Go down 
+26
kawaiimao
Liffey
sumin
MaoMaoRevolution
snowdrops24
Mia
Aibhlin
mingming
ddmm
sapphiresky
tianrushui
illani
kirakira
Batsuchan
coconut
Star85
sunnygirl
chiyori
aoi88
Maya
dlnnyc
bibi
☆Genie
MikiAndoFan#1
polosatik
alyssa
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Winter Olympics 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Sou do Brasil, mas meu pai é Português. Very Happy
Há bastante fãs aqui sim (apesar do calor xD), e este ano tivemos uma cobertura muito boa das olimpíadas com ótima audiência, então talvez para o próximo ano tenhamos mais campeonatos na TV. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Welcome to the forum MaoRussianFan! sunny Добро пожаловать!!!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:56 pm

alyssa wrote:
Sou do Brasil, mas meu pai é Português. Very Happy
Há bastante fãs aqui sim (apesar do calor xD), e este ano tivemos uma cobertura muito boa das olimpíadas com ótima audiência, então talvez para o próximo ano tenhamos mais campeonatos na TV. cheers

Aqui em Portugal, só houve transmissão dos Jogos Olímpicos.

Disappointed

As comentadoras da Eurosport Portuguesa dizem que a patinagem artística tem vindo a ganhar audiências em Portugal. Eu só espero que daqui a uns anos hajam patinadores a representar Portugal!

Drama!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Eu nem tenho esperanças de ver brasileiros patinando. Não temos tradição nenhuma em esportes de inverno (tb né, verão de 40º Laughing).

Mas pelo menos houve muito interesse do público em acompanhar as competições. Mas em breve a copa do mundo vai fazer com q tds esqueçam... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Mao has such big eye circles under her eyes. Hope she could rest, but Japan loves to interview their medalists.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:42 pm

coconut wrote:
kirakira wrote:
interview clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tS9nnBghKg

This video is the one that Mao was asked about Takachan!
Many Hearts It's from 3:30.
Oh! It seems really cute Smile ! Can someone please translate the whole vid ? Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:45 pm

☆Genie wrote:
Mao has such big eye circles under her eyes. Hope she could rest, but Japan loves to interview their medalists.

dont say anything bad about mao. people on here will take offense.
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:48 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
i do have a life. a big one actually. i do write about yuna on her forum. im constructive too and no one seems to mind. i love mao but there are some people on this forum that i cant stand.

We understand that you want to write constructive things, but there are also people in this forum that can't stand you.

Rolling Eyes

sofia wrote:
sunny Yeah, a Portugese... we understand each other... Laughing

Cheering

thanks for pointing out the obvious.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:52 pm

dlnnyc wrote:
thanks for pointing out the obvious.

You're welcome!

Who, me?
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm

lol! I love it, I know I really shouldn't, but this is so ridiculous, that I can't help it Laugh
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Maya wrote:
lol! I love it, I know I really shouldn't, but this is so ridiculous, that I can't help it Laugh

I love it, too! I love seeing stupid posts regarding Mao made by her fans!

Laugh
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Hey guys, I have a question that has been bugging me. Is there any problem with Mao's salchow? I know Mao has edge problems with the lutz but she doesn't seem to have a technique problem with sal. I also hear that it she doesn't have a reliable sal, but when I check the protocals, she has gotten it ratified several times. It just seems like she doesn't attempt it as much as the other jumps. I am just curious of why Mao doesn't attempt it more often or is it just because she doesn't like it as much? confused
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

She tried it almost all season last year but with the layout that she chose in the end (and also for this season), she could choose between between a slachow and a loop. The loop is worth more and probably gets her better GOEs. She could have replaced her toe with a salchow but I think Mao really wanted the 3T in her arsenal for later use as part of a combination.
Back to top Go down
sunnygirl

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

chiyori wrote:
She tried it almost all season last year but with the layout that she chose in the end (and also for this season), she could choose between between a slachow and a loop. The loop is worth more and probably gets her better GOEs. She could have replaced her toe with a salchow but I think Mao really wanted the 3T in her arsenal for later use as part of a combination.

Yes, I agree with this . The Salchow I believe has the lowest points of the Triples but may be she could try it in combination and make it extremely high. In this scoring system GOE can put a jump up there with a Triple Axel and in combination even higher.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:49 pm

sunnygirl wrote:
Yes, I agree with this . The Salchow I believe has the lowest points of the Triples but may be she could try it in combination and make it extremely high. In this scoring system GOE can put a jump up there with a Triple Axel and in combination even higher.

Actually, the Toeloop has the lowest base value out of all triples. I think Mao doesn't do the Salchow as much as the other jumps because she isn't confortable with it, but last season she landed very good ones. There was a video of Mao uploaded on YouTube practicing during the off-season before the beginning of this season, and she landed beautiful 3S!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Thanks guys! I hope Mao can do the salchow more often because I have also seen her landing beautiful ones. Of course, stabilizing the lutz should be her priority because it's second highest triple in terms of points I believe.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm

I heard she sayin she didn't really felt good about the salchow, maybe she feels insecure and afraid of popping it. It's a pity since hers is so beautiful and I love the salchow, it's my favorite jump.
Back to top Go down
sunnygirl

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
sunnygirl wrote:

Actually, the Toeloop has the lowest base value out of all triples. I think Mao doesn't do the Salchow as much as the other jumps because she isn't confortable with it, but last season she landed very good ones. There was a video of Mao uploaded on YouTube practicing during the off-season before the beginning of this season, and she landed beautiful 3S!

Thank you for that update. I remember seeing one commentator say that the Salchow nor the toe loop are worthy doing because of the low points, but I think with these GOE able to put them equal with other jumps even when the other jumps are landed stable I don't know.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:05 pm

So I was thinking about how Mao wants to date a "cool and good looking" guy. And this image totally reminded me of the popular actor Miura Haruma. He's really cool and handsome. Wub Plus he's the same age as Mao! And he's quite tall for his age. I think he fits her ideal type.

http://asiabeam.com.nyud.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=watermark.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=54629
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 pm

aoi88 wrote:
So I was thinking about how Mao wants to date a "cool and good looking" guy. And this image totally reminded me of the popular actor Miura Haruma. He's really cool and handsome. Wub Plus he's the same age as Mao! And he's quite tall for his age. I think he fits her ideal type.

http://asiabeam.com.nyud.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=watermark.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=54629

He's pretty cute!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Wasn't he in the movie Crows Zero with Oguri Shun? But he was blond back then.
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:59 pm

I read somewhere before that the reason why Mao doesn't like Salchow is that whenever she tries, she rotates too much.

Haruma is cute, but I prefer Takachan. Razz
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:16 pm

I wonder what would Takachan answer to the same question That was asked to Mao about dating Wink ?!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:45 pm

bibi wrote:
I wonder what would Takachan answer to the same question That was asked to Mao about dating Wink ?!

That's exactly what I want to know!! Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_razz

Wow, there were so many interview clips; I only just finished watching them! Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_sunny

Mao said she had only been sleeping 3 or 4 hours a night, so she did look really tired. It reminded me of the WTT banquet where Miki and Nobu were making fun of the dark circles under Mao's eyes. Winter Olympics 2010 Lol

At Chuukyou Uni, where she totally forgot what question she was asked--too cute/funny! Winter Olympics 2010 Herz

And then in the interview where she was like, "I won the bronze medal..." and the interviewer had to correct her... ROTFLMAO

Mao said after Worlds she'd like to go on a vacation somewhere--she wants to go to Hawaii! My home town!! (If that happens, I better have my whole family on Mao alert! Hell, no!)

I love Honda-announcer; she's so sweet. She asked Mao if she met any cute athletes and Mao was like, hmmmm, and she was like, "You did?! You didn't?!" Winter Olympics 2010 Suspect Hell, no!

About the quad, Mao said that she has no plan to put it in a program, but she thinks it's not a bad idea to practice them for fun. Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_wink

Honda-announcer-san, I'm counting on you to ask Taka-chan about falling in love with Mao! Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Here are a couple tidbits from the news articles on the press conferences:

http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/NGY201003030020.html
Before the press conference, she met Coach Yamada, who told her "you really did tried hard," and hugged her. She said, "I'll put the silver medal somewhere where I can always see it, and I'll try to forget the pain."

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/olympic/2010/news/skate/news/20100303-OYT1T00907.htm?from=navlp
Mao said, "Four hours before the short program, I ate onigiri [sushi], and I did well, so before the free program, I did the same thing and had onigiri."

That reminds me--shockingly, Mao said that she was feeling like having sushi that night! The announcer asked, "Really? Not yakiniku?" And Mao said, "I'm not sure!" Very Happy

bellarina wrote:

BATSUCHAN!! I didn't know you joined the Japanese media and got to interview Mao!! You should've said so! Razz Razz

Winter Olympics 2010 996758 Winter Olympics 2010 338429
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Olympics 2010
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next